Fed up to the back teeth with curling 35 yard banana shots !!

Tevez just scored from what seemed like another country on me. It was a nice shot though....

Is it really that bad though? Does anyone have any factual insight as to whether or not we see too many long shot goals in this game? Most posts seem to be centered around the fact their team lost due to a long shot goal which needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

No i am generally winning games, it even bored me when my team score them.

I just find it silly and can almost predict when they are going to happen.

Ball gets contested on wing and winger squares it, midfielder volleys it straight in while in acres of space... or lost by forward on the counter defender hoofs ball to midfielder who first time volleys it straight it in. They DO happen to much definately.

I don't think there's an unrealistic number, but there are more than in any past version of FM. If you watch MOTD this week, try counting how many goals are scored from around the edge of the box. People seem to forget that goals from distance certainly aren't uncommon in real life, so why is it that an increase in goals from long shots is seen as unrealistic?

I've noticed these screamers from 35 are more common on lower leagues.

It's because the goalkeepers are worse. The game doesn't know how to animate a poor player walloping a ball past a worse keeper; so it just uses the "screamer" animation.

Always closed down the Strikers and Center Mids and put them on there weaker foot i havent had someone score a long range shot past me yet.

I always do that with Villa yet Cahill scored from 40 yards in my last game, Diop from 35 yards another time, I could go on. My players score stupid ones as well that's the problem. I don't mind if Gerrard or Lampard get the odd one but some pants players are scoring screamers.

I posted a similar thread last week.

You should not have to play a certain way to cut down long shot goals. Let's be honest how many of these do you see your real team score/concede in a season no matter what Tactics they use?

When you see them you say "goal of the season"(irl). It doesn't mean a great deal if it's happening regularly in the game, it just becomes mundane.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=77060

Tbh, most of the 'screamers from distance' I get are nothing of the sort, they're just shots from 20-25 yards out and tbh you see tons of them every week on Football First or MotD (depending on your preference and if you have Sky Sports, I guess). Either that or watch the Sunday football 'last word' thing. Andy Gray will go back and forth on every shot at least twice, as he struggles with the kit. :-)

The real long range shots could perhaps do with toning down, but again on my game the shots from 40 yards have been tried when there seems to be no other option open. Forwards taking shots early happens, but usually when they are being closed down quickly by a defender; they get the shot away early rather than get tackled or pushed too wide.

The representation isn't perfect, and never will be, but mostly I think it's just a poor choice of script for the commentary.

My AMC scored a 45 yarder....and a 20 yarder even though I put his long shots down to 0. I also enjoy how the opposition then scores a 40 yarder and get this.....another 30 yarder. Sort it out SI.

Archived