Hooray! It's taken time to sort, but I'm loving this now!!

I've been trawling the forums for a few weeks to try and get some teething problems sorted with FM09. I'm happy to say that I now have and if anyone reading this has had some of the same problems, here's what has worked for me...

My PC is a bit low spec so...

1. Large database, 6 leagues, 3 Nations. Coca Cola 2 up to Prem, Serie A Italy, La Liga Spain.

2. No sounds - was never that bothered anyway.

3. Auto-select graphic detail level. I usually only use 2D Classic. I like it anyway - shows what you are doing clearly.

4. Shut everything else down...just have Task Manager, but close Explorer, Desktop Advisor etc. and any unnecessary processes.

That's the performance stuff sorted! Now runs quickly enough...

Tactics-wise.

1. Forget what anyone else tells you if you have a bit of experience playing this game and know your football. Trust your own decisions!

2. Tactics should be based on the players at your disposal. 'One size fits all' downloadable tactics sets rarely work IMO.

3. Ignore your Ass Man!! Concentrate on your own teams game rather than trying to follow all his instructions.

4. Keep it simple, especially with less than Prem quality players.

Now the game is running well, I'm getting realistic scores and results. Some good wins, some disappointing (but not horrifying!) defeats, and the whole thing is trundling along in a nice, realistic manner.

Here's to my beloved Grimsby Town heading back into the Championship!!

Cheers!

A happy TJB2376

is nice you are enjoying the game now but you may want to delete the players names as it is not allowed in this forum.

I didn't know that either... if that's true shouldn't there be some sort of rules listed in the forum header or in a sticky? As zealous as the LLM guys are, at least their rules are clearly stated at the top of their forum.

is nice you are enjoying the game now but you may want to delete the players names as it is not allowed in this forum.

[RANT]

What the **** are you on about.

There is no rule against mentioning players in a post you moron, the only thing you can't do is post a thread JUST listing good players.

What you have said makes no ****ing sense, let me give you an example:

I want to talk about a balancing issue within the premier league. I mention arsenal as being too good and then I decide to give a few examples of where they are overated, such as some of their players, i.e. Fabregas, being much better in the game than they are in reality.

According to what you have said that would be against the rules because while making a perfectly valid general discussion about the game I happened to mention a players name.

If you want to make yourself appear important then atleast make sure what you say is true, otherwise you just look like a moron who is thick as ****.

[/RANT]

[RANT]

There is no rule against mentioning players in a post you moron, the only thing you can't do is post a thread JUST listing good players.

I want to talk about a balancing issue within the premier league. I mention arsenal as being too good and then I decide to give a few examples of where they are overated, such as some of their players, i.e. Fabregas, being much better in the game than they are in reality.

According to what you have said that would be against the rules because while making a perfectly valid general discussion about the game I happened to mention a players name.

If you want to make yourself appear important then atleast make sure what you say is true, otherwise you just look like a moron who is thick as ****.

[/RANT]

No need to flame him like that, I once have heard/seen this as well (looking for it) that is it not allowed to mention player names unless, like Mike7077 mentioned:

I think you can name players if you do this in the thread title - **Includes player naming**.

If he (and I am wrong) we will admit it, vice versa I hope as well, but no need to swear like this in the post.

The player naming thing is ok as long as your aren't giving away too much. As Mike said, a warning is preferred before hand. For example, naming a youth player you found and his CA/PA is not allowed because it ruins the game for other players :thup:

The player naming thing is ok as long as your aren't giving away too much. As Mike said, a warning is preferred before hand. For example, naming a youth player you found and his CA/PA is not allowed because it ruins the game for other players :thup:

Thanks for sorting that out:thup:

[RANT]

[/RANT]

1st off maybe you should calm down and less of the insults.

2nd the op mentioned the players names what price they were and that they were very good and that they were real bargains,some posters dont like to know these things and that is why I told him.

ps man get someone to give you a hug from time to time.

Archived