Slight little gripe: Newcastle making an offer for a Sunderland Player

I just had this come into my inbox. I only bring it up because the chances of it happening, as a result of the huge rivalry between the two clubs, is so small. I think that the game should conform to reality and that AI clubs should not really attempt to buy players from rival clubs because they would not in real life. What do you guys think of it?

EdwardPearce-Crump-31.png

EDIT: Sorry if it is in the wrong forum. BTW 200 Posts :)

Dont see a problem TBH. Liverpool tried to sign Heinze from Utd last year, Cole joined Chelsea from Arsenal, Diarra went the other way last season. It happens IRL so should happen in the game. The main concern should be the willingness of club to accept offers from rivals, which I'm yet to see a problem with.

Also, as a Newcastle fan, Chopra to Sunderland as recent example

I am talking about a direct transfer between two rival clubs. For example you would never see River buying a Boca player because the fans would take up arms (just about)

I am talking about a direct transfer between two rival clubs. For example you would never see River buying a Boca player because the fans would take up arms (just about)

Again, are you actually comparing River and Boca's class-hatred based in-city rivalry to NU/SAFC's sort of big brother, little brother competitiveness?

Again, are you actually comparing River and Boca's class-hatred based in-city rivalry to NU/SAFC's sort of big brother, little brother competitiveness?

There may not be as big a background and hatred as you state but it is still very competitive (and occasionally violent). Did you not see the fighting which was going on after the game earlier this season at the Stadium of Light? They had to bring in the riot police to control it.

Yup, also we get people intressted in our manigerial vacancey, Newcastle however, got no one of any decent reputation intressted...A mean, Joe Kinnear?

Doesnt matter though does it? I do find it amusing how you mackems are celebrating the first time you have beaten us at YOUR HOME ground in decades!

Doesnt matter though does it? I do find it amusing how you mackems are celebrating the first time you have beaten us at YOUR HOME ground in decades!

Aww sorry, We wont celebrate..Mind you, i did find it funny how u "geordies" threw a hissy fit at losing and had to trash the SOL because your bad losers.

I thought it had improved a lot in recent history. I still have memories of my friend being bludgeoned by an iron bar to his face (years ago - Mags got into Sunderland enclosure with the intention of kicking off). And the subsequent large needle that had to be jabbed into his eye (whilst he was being held down) in order to regain his sight... Still, Mick remains ready and willing to attend local derbys!!

Aww sorry, We wont celebrate..Mind you, i did find it funny how u "geordies" threw a hissy fit at losing and had to trash the SOL because your bad losers.

Now, now, let's not let it break down into an argument/fight

Lee Clark is the only person I can think of off the top of my head who has gone to Sunderland on a direct transfer (but that was only because he was shoved into the reserves after only kicking a kit bag by king kev)

To be fair, you have plenty more spare ones!

Yeh, who would pay to watch our lot atm?, mind you so do you anarl, so do alot of clubs, alot of fans cant afford tickets and watch matches at the local pub. Weve sold out every away allocation this year, something you havent be able to do...

Yeh, who would pay to watch our lot atm?, mind you so do you anarl, so do alot of clubs, alot of fans cant afford tickets and watch matches at the local pub. Weve sold out every away allocation this year, something you havent be able to do...

I would guess its for the same reason as you state, i for one have to been to every away game so far and suffered the long trips back with my head being filled with thoughts like 'all that money, all that ditance travelled and thats all'! At least your guys have won away this season! lol! Oh my god, it almost like were getting along! Lets pretend it never happened lol!

You do get bids turned down for being a rival club on the game but not if Sunderland are trying to get rid of him.

In real life, there's been 32 transfers + 2 loans between the clubs as well as another 32 who've played for both Sunderland and Newcastle so its not rare at all. Neither club is 'petty' about offloading it's rejects to the other!

i was at that game and saw as many seats being thrown at the newcastle fans from the sunderland fans as there was the other way so think a few people need to get there facts right. also the number of sharpened coins that were thrown into the newcastle end shows the type of people yous are in your little town.

i just feel sorry for triggs now with all that free time with mr keane

Archived