Why Africa sucks

I've tried to find a team for another international game. However it seems impossible to find an medium-small African team that has a league structure in the database. As a result the players from example Guinea, Gabon, Benin etc will get regens who will never sometimes never play A SINGLE GAME during their entire domestic career. Their skills will plummet down and down and as a result most African national teams will be a farce 5-10 years into the game. It's just unacceptable that SI have neglected so many countries!!

Actually not even Senegal, Mali, Guinea or Ivory Coast have a league in the database.

I've played countless games only to find that all the regens i get are gonna be a big fat joke because they will never play a single game in their home country.

To be fair do the best ones not get hoovered up by top European clubs? Also some will come up through the ranks of French clubs with dual nationality.

Also, don't players from clubs who don't play matches play "virtual" matches? I once loaded only the English leagues and noticed players for the likes of AC Milan, Real Madrid etc. still had stats for games played, goals scored etc (and not just from European ties)

Having said that, if it is having the effect you say, then it does need to be looked it. While it's unrealistic to have all these leagues playable, it's not unrealistic to expect it not to impact on player development.

Try interacting with them - say "you need to be playing regular football" if it'll let you. i know it's a different scenario but as England manager on 08 there was a corking regen at Liverpool and not playing. I told him to get first team football and he requested a move. Went to Portsmouth. Admittedly he still didn't play but you see what I mean.

Alternatively, sign on as a manager in a league suitable to them (and where work permits arent a problem, say Belgium) and sign them all for free.

To be fair do the best ones not get hoovered up by top European clubs?

Also, don't players from clubs who don't play matches play "virtual" matches? I once loaded only the English leagues and noticed players for the likes of AC Milan, Real Madrid etc. still had stats for games played, goals scored etc (and not just from European ties)

I've never seen a regen from my domestic club get picked up by a European club. The players play somtimes about 10 virtual matches per year, in some countries only 1 a year. Surely some kind of joke? How are players supposed to develop in that setting?

Maybe SI doesn't have the money/manpower to send out researchers for those countries. Makes no sence to just make up a league with players who have randon stats.

I don't think it is a big demand for me to say i want to be able to actually play what is promised to be playable. Players from Benin play ONE game a year (if they are lucky, that is).

I don't think it is a big demand for me to say i want to be able to actually play what is promised to be playable. Players from Benin play ONE game a year (if they are lucky, that is).

what if they get a domestic 3 match suspension? 3 years with out a game :eek:

Archived