Danny1000000 and Stvndysn Hoardings official thread

stvndysn

credits-1.png

with our pack being so popular (over 350 downloads so far) i thought we should start a new thread making it easier for people to find/link to, and the download link and tutorial available on this post.

EPL Hoardings

How to add your own Hoardings

this thread will be used for further releases, while this thread will be used for the further discussion of hoarding creation

The 'ads' folder containing the .xml files should be placed HERE:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ads

And the folder containing the actual images used should be placed HERE:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\pictures\ads

The 'ads' folder containing the .xml files should be placed HERE:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ads

And the folder containing the actual images used should be placed HERE:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\pictures\ads

You're welcome ;).

SPL Hoardings

ingameprev.jpg

splprev.jpg

I also remade a number of the original EPL boards that were blurry or overstretched and as I've used some of these new versions for the SPL, I've included all my new ones in the pack.

Remake examples

othprev.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to those of you who contributed to working out and explaining the xml stuff.

These ad hoardings aren't meant to exactly replicate the real grounds but what I have done is to take a few main sponsors (usually shirt sponsor and kit supplier) and display these boards prominently around the ground, I've then filled in the gaps with generic ads you might see around Scottish football grounds.

Installation

The rar file includes a modified version of the original fm.xml used in the EPL Hoardings release. So if you are using that, just extract the rar to

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Name*\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and select yes when asked if you want to replace the file 'fm.xml'

(If you want to use my redone EPL boards then click yes to all when asked about replacing files).

If you don't have the EPL Hoardings pack then just extract to

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Name*\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and you'll get the SPL, a generic set for the lower Scottish divisions and some EPL boards.

If you're making your own boards (and have edited the fm.xml) then extract the rar to a temp directory and add manually.

I've included a text file called 'manual entry data' that can be used to copy & paste my modifications into the appropriate sections of your fm.xml.

Notes

The SPL hoardings are set up for the start of the game as there doesn't seem to be any way to include dynamic boards that will change with league status.

There's only 2 teams a season in Scotland that move between the Clydesdale SPL and the Irn Bru lower divisions so I've set it up to be easily changeable.

SPL clubs use the png files '1584-cbset1,1585-spl and 1586-cbset2' while lower division clubs just use '1587-irnbrusfl' so to change the league boards you need to open the fm.xml file and change the numbers for the club in question.

(Remember to make a back up copy of the fm.xml file before making modifications).

Example for a club promoted to the SPL (for a relegated club just reverse the process)

<!-- Behind goal right -->

<integer value="1587"/> <!-- league sponsors --> (change to 1584)

<integer value="1604"/>

<integer value="1614"/>

<integer value="1631"/>

<integer value="1587"/> <!-- league sponsors --> (change to 1585)

<integer value="1632"/>

<integer value="1598"/>

<integer value="1608"/>

<integer value="1587"/> <!-- league sponsors --> (change to 1586)

<!-- Side closest -->

<integer value="1600"/>

<integer value="1597"/>

<integer value="1605"/>

<integer value="1607"/>

<integer value="1590"/>

<integer value="1590"/>

<integer value="1607"/>

<integer value="1605"/>

<integer value="1597"/>

<integer value="1600"/>

<!-- Behind goals left -->

<integer value="1608"/>

<integer value="1629"/>

<integer value="1635"/>

<integer value="1609"/>

<integer value="1618"/>

<integer value="1604"/>

<!-- dugout -->

<integer value="1608"/>

<integer value="1628"/>

<integer value="1606"/>

<integer value="1606"/>

<integer value="1628"/>

<integer value="1598"/>

</list>

Another problem is clubs increasing their capacity as this can add another board to the near side or behind the goals (changing pitch size may cause this to happen as well). Behind the goals the number of boards can range from 8 to 10 and the boards down the near side can go from 13 up to 15 (there are always 4 either side of the dugout). If a club has an increased ground size then you can just add extra integer values to their list in the fm.xml.

Example

Copy the middle one

<integer value="1631"/>

<integer value="1587"/> <!-- league sponsors -->

<integer value="1632"/>

Make a space below it

<integer value="1631"/>

<integer value="1632"/>

Paste new value in

<integer value="1631"/>

<integer value="1632"/>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPL Ads (9.22mb)

Download Link

Mirror 1

http://files.filefront.com/spladsrar/;12633613;/fileinfo.html

Mirror 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g52o0jimzdi

is it legal tho - only asking with copyright and things?

It's possible that a company could refuse permission for their name or logo to be used or withdraw any implied consent but I'm pretty sure that companies refusing free publicity is one of the signs of the apocalypse, so lets hope it doesn't happen.

Global Brands Pack (Includes Champions League sponsors)

This is a collection of ads from companies who operate in most countries. Hopefully it will be a useful time saver for those of you who are working on ads for different leagues around the World.

globalprev.jpg

globalads.rar (4mb)

Download Link

Mirror 1

http://files.filefront.com/Globaladsrar/;12653969;/fileinfo.html

Mirror 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ym1jawwmhxu

hey is the pack off sortitoutsi.com the most recent update, coz i downloaded off there and noticed that liverpool games have very little variety in the ads (skysports/setanta/barclays..thats about it besides the si ones). then i found this thread, so should i download the pack in the OP??

P.S. dont get me wrong tho, very nice work!! keep up the top work!

no dude

have you put the images in --yourdocs/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/graphics/pictures/ads

and the fm.xml into --yourdocs/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/ads

I was having problems myself, but just reading your answer to that.....I know what I have done wrong now doh!

Hopefully get it working this time!

I just noticed that big message in bold at the top of the skinning section that says 'This section is NOT a graphics resource' so I'll not make it available here, but I've just released a new pack based on competition lists for six nations.

If anyone wants it, then head over to the fm09 match graphics sections at either sortitoutsi or fmglive and look for 'Adboard pack for Eng, Sco, Ita, Spa, Fra and Por'.

Edit - I scrapped the Scottish leagues pack as it was based on club lists which are currently a waste of time, but most of the adboards for it are included in the new competition pack.

Love the work you have done on these. I am having a problem though in that I just can't get them to work.

I've put them in the correct places have tried reloading the game, ticked reload skin but they won't come up.

Other graphics are working fine but just not these.

I am using the dark horizon skin, do I need to change anything for that?

Really want these in my game.

look down the xml until you find this line

<!-- the list ad cells that should be used in the english championship -->
       <list id="12">

then under that line you will change the numbers of the the rest of the lines just follow our example on changing the hoardings.

The ad hoardings look so good and I really want them to work for me. But I can't get them working. It must be I'm putting the folders in the wrong places. I don't want to make hoardings, just install and enjoy the ones you've made. Could you please repeat a real dummy's guide to where to extract them? Also, does it muck things up if two packs are used at the same time?

you put the images in -- userdata(yourdocs)/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/graphics/pictures/ads

you put the fm.xml file into -- userdata(yourdocs)/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/ads

as long as the other packs have used mine and danny1000000s fm.xml then no they wont muck up

edit: just had a look in dan dirtyapes pack and there is no fm.xml file

edit 2: have pm'ed dan dirtyape to correct it.

edit: just had a look in dan dirtyapes pack and there is no fm.xml file

My global brands pack futher up the page is just meant as a time saver for people who are working on their own packs which is why there's no xml, as they'll be creating their own.

(All of the boards in it do appear in the new pack I mentioned a few posts up though).

Hey Guys,

1. Make sure the skin caching is unticked in preferences.

2. Put all the xml files into C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ads

3. Put the graphics into C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\pictures\ads

4. Restart FM.

This should work

Archived