What to do with a regen with 199 PA?

AcidBurn

regenwy1.jpg

This guy came though the youth ranks at Sunderland, I have so far resisted the urge to use any scouting tools and editors to view potential ability. So I zipped my save game and sent it to my mate so he could check this guy out. He has a PA of 199 and a CA of 120. Whats the best way to try and get him to his PA I have tried loaning him out but there are no takers, so should I give him all the league cup games and bring him on when or if I go 2 or 3 nil up.

Wasnt sure where to post this I couldnt see a regen thread anywhere in the links only the best 11 regens but didnt think it related to that. If any mod can get a link to a regen thread then it would be useful for the future. Any ideas on this guy?

There's only this thread at the moment - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2230377

Maybe someone should start up a more official one, he’s only 18 so I would advise that you put him on a good training schedule, perhaps give him some good tutors if you wish and make sure he gets plenty of games in the reserves and perhaps for some of your cup games put him on the bench and give him the last twenty minutes. Just make sure he gets a lot of reserve games for experience for now, then next year introduce him to more first team games as he develops and gets older.

This is where I struggle with the game I never know how to bring them through most youngsters I have to buy and then they are nearly first team standard. Being as this guy has such a huge PA I really want him to become a Sunderland legend and being as the most goals scored by a Sunderland player ever is 208 so hopefully he could break it if he can become a decent player.

This is where I struggle with the game I never know how to bring them through most youngsters I have to buy and then they are nearly first team standard. Being as this guy has such a huge PA I really want him to become a Sunderland legend and being as the most goals scored by a Sunderland player ever is 208 so hopefully he could break it if he can become a decent player.

Just be patient, let him get a lot of reserve team games, ensure of that. Give him some first team games, but not too many some league cup starts, some 20mins at the end of a game against a lesser side. If you rush him too soon he's not going to perform too well, and you'll get frustrated etc, he's only 18.

Thanks for the advice people. Stuck him in the reserves make sure he plays all reserve games and all league cup games. Hopefully he will develope enough by the time he is 21 to start alot of games, never had a player through the clubs youth that was any good.

Since were on the topic of regens... I signed a few for my Juve side... all have under 18 years old... So I put them in the Under 20's league... How do I make sure that they play every game? Cause the Under 20's are controlled by my ass man IIRC

Just give him a position in the reserves, and when he isn't injured he will always play even though your ass.man is in control of your reserve side.

Thats the exact same problem i have when i have a decent youngster

I usually send to affaliate or let them play league cup games

As Acidburn said i usualy buy youger players and they are nearly ready fro the first team

Never been so lucky to have a regen like that come through my youth system though

This kind of thing makes me want to manage another team and use them as a feeder club loan the most youngsters to them I can just to make sure they get some games. Trouble is if I did this what happens when the team starts to suceed. For some reason no one wants this guy on loan.

This kind of thing makes me want to manage another team and use them as a feeder club loan the most youngsters to them I can just to make sure they get some games. Trouble is if I did this what happens when the team starts to suceed. For some reason no one wants this guy on loan.

If he performs well for you that will change.

garridoru4.jpg

This is what anoys me a bit I decided to sign this guy because he is a year younger and scouts say he can become a leading prem star aswell, he has far greater stats than the original regen but one less star in potential. He has less stats to improve so despite having a lesser PA this guy could become better if you get me.

If he performs well for you that will change.

This does not happen often...

I played Fiorillo, Iago, Ekdal, Fausto Rossi and Santon in every under 20 game and in every coppa Italia instead of the first team in season 1... despite this no one wanted them on loan... The trouble i'm finding on FM 09 is loaning players out rather than selling them. I managaed to loan ekdal out in the last 2 days of august second season... Had to put the rest back in the under 20's along with some potential regens my scouts found...

Riley is better. He may not look it but he can actually use his left foot, he's much better in the air and has great OTB. This Atletico Madrid guy looks good but he looks like a fast striker and you have to be able to dribble for that. Get somebody brave and determined to tutor Riley. Then he could become one of the best targetmen in the world.

appearances doesn't matter if it's first team reserves or under 18's in my experience:) and good training helps as well go to the tactics and training forum for that:)

Been there, got that lol. I hope he progresses but it wouldnt suprise me if he doesnt he should have better stats at 18 if he is ever going to reach his PA.

The best thing to develop a youngster is put him on a good training schedule and give him regular runs in the main team. Brought success for me in the first season when both Asenjo and Santon played over 20 games for the first team.

• 2 years later...

Archived