stadium building?

is football manager ever goin to have a stadium building feature like lma manager had? if football manager had that feature where you can see and build your stadium in 3d, it would simply be awsome. in a way football manager is still a very basic manager game to the eye. i think sigames need to juice up the graphics a bit to really make a super manager game.

anyone have any info on this?

is football manager ever goin to have a stadium building feature like lma manager had? if football manager had that feature where you can see and build your stadium in 3d, it would simply be awsome. in a way football manager is still a very basic manager game to the eye. i think sigames need to juice up the graphics a bit to really make a super manager game.

anyone have any info on this?

It's a novelty feature, and in the games it's present in, it's there to hide the fact that there is little depth to the game. FM doesn't need nice graphics. It's main selling point is that it is the most realistic managament game on the market. Gimmicky crap like this is better left to games like LMA and FIFA Manager.

tbh m8 i havnt played 10 seasons of fm. what i want to know is, see if i were to play as a scottish 3rd division team? do i have an option to add more seats to stadium? or does it add seat for me? because if i were to take a 3rd division team into the premier league, im not going to get far with a capacity of 1000. so is there a way to add more seats appart from using the fm editor? as this would be cheating

I would also love to see this added into the game as it would be an exciting new feature that a manager could use to monitor another dimension of their clubs progress.

I can imagine there being a thread on these forums between managers leaving screen shots for who has the biggest.... stadium

icon_biggrin.gif

FM is a text-based simulation. There's no need for any more graphics than what they have now.

And stadium building is even more out of the picture, since managers don't have anything to do with their stadiums. That's the job of the team's front office.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do i have an option to add more seats to stadium? or does it add seat for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can make a request to your board, just like how you make feeder/parent club requests.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rochey:

I would also love to see this added into the game as it would be an exciting new feature that a manager could use to monitor another dimension of their clubs progress.

I can imagine there being a thread on these forums between managers leaving screen shots for who has the biggest.... stadium

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

???

What exactly would be exciting about it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do i have an option to add more seats to stadium? or does it add seat for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can ask your board to expand your stadium and if your finances are reasonably healthy they will agree to this no problem occasionally they might even decide that you need an entirely new stadium if your current one can't be expanded or there is some other objections to the expansion.

If you do take a club from the third division to the top then it would probably be a good idea to ask them to upgrade the training facilities as well because lets face it whats the point of having a great stadium if your training facilities are crap?

where is that option to request to expand stadium? i couldnt find it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

You can ask your board to expand your stadium and if your finances are reasonably healthy they will agree to this no problem occasionally they might even decide that you need an entirely new stadium if your current one can't be expanded or there is some other objections to the expansion.

If you do take a club from the third division to the top then it would probably be a good idea to ask them to upgrade the training facilities as well because lets face it whats the point of having a great stadium if your training facilities are crap? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, whilst FM is supposedly just text-based and just about management, SI do keep introducing visual aspects to the game, the biggest of which is of course the 2D match engine, and recently the Face-gen program.

I don't think it is absurd to consider including more visual aspects which would promote a closer relationship to the club you are managing. I think having an (however small or optional) image of your home stadium, which can grow and develop over time, could be something to physically represent your club and give us as managers something to relate the club to.

Perhaps another way to do this is by developing the fan side of the 'confidence' module to give a club's fan-base more personality.

I think FM could change small things like this to make a club seem more alive, which would certainly make it easier to manage (and become attached to) clubs other than our own personal favourites.

Does what I'm saying make any sense? What are your thoughts?

No I think football manager shouldnt add this feature. Adding lots of afancy things to the game will not make it as good.

Some people would also want 3D players just like pro evolution instead of circles representing players running around the screen. I would hate this as I think it would ruin the game because the emphasis will not be on the management side of the game.

I don't agree with adding the Fifa-esque feature, but I do think boards should be more open to stadium expansion. I got a team to the Premiership with a 4000 seater stadium, and around £45m in the bank. I asked for an upgrade, and I got rejected. The next year (after coming 5th and having £70m), the board built a new stadium, of 10500. I'm not saying I was expecting the Nou Camp, but that's just stingy.

These features are amongst the best and worst features of EA's games which is why I think they should be avoided. Difficult to code, difficult to test, and sends system requirements through the roof. Little aesthetic touches can go a long way - for example, shadows, perhaps a bit more detail on the pitch, and so on - much better than waiting 5 minutes for your new fancy stadium to finish rendering so you can view your top-notch side spank a rubbish side in a friendly. In 3D.

Stadium building is in the game. The board decide when to do it and then contract a construction company to build it.

So the game mirrors real life I reckon. None of this picking what roof goes on what stand crap. It's not Football Stadium Designer, it's Football Manager.

While I don't think a 3D stadium view would be best I would like to see a 2D overview of your stadium, just to give perspective of what it looks like. Not while in a match of course, but maybe in a stadium sub-page in your team area. Something like this: http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8932/11933sgg2.gif

Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but I think it would be a nice touch. Either way whenever I manage a new team I always go to Wiki or a stadium site to see what the stadium I'm playing in looks like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gimpyn00b:

While I don't think a 3D stadium view would be best I would like to see a 2D overview of your stadium, just to give perspective of what it looks like. Not while in a match of course, but maybe in a stadium sub-page in your team area. Something like this: http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8932/11933sgg2.gif

Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but I think it would be a nice touch. Either way whenever I manage a new team I always go to Wiki or a stadium site to see what the stadium I'm playing in looks like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS - I think a visual representation of your stadium could be quite nice.

there are more important things to get right in the game first before things like this mate. i'm not against it but i'm not desperate for a feature like this.

Having said all this, there are many things on FM that would have nothing to do with the manager in real life.

I have always thought for example there shouldn't be any replays during the matches, you should have to wait until after the game to see if it was offside etc. I always turn them off for this reason.

But despite saying that - I don't think we should get too picky on what the manager can and can't do, just leave it to common sense. And common sense tells me that we shouldn't have a 3D stadium feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diego_Werderdona:

I don't think that choosing what your stadium will look like is the point, it's more just that you have a representation of it.

At least, that's my point.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours yes, but the original poster wanted it similar to how it is/was in LMA Manager where you actually design the stadium yourself.

Archived