Team_Screen.xml

Anybody know whats happened to my game? it has been working properly since i got it but earlier today i get the following message when i try to look at anyteam/transfers etc.

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1665 of team_screen.xml

the game then cuts off and stays in the processes in task manager. I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the patch but this doesnt work i have also tried the shortcut thing but that doesnt work either. i am now clueless as to what to do. It happenes on new games and on loaded games now.

Anybody know what i need to do?

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

I did that, added the --reset_preferences to my target line and ran the game but still got the XML error. Quit and ran the game again and haven't seen it since.

Actually, this may not be the fix for you. Yours is a little different in that it happens in game. Try it anyway but I'm not sure it will work. Heres the link for the technical issues forum if not :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Close FM

DELETE THE SETTINGS CACHE FOLDER

In instructions below <User Name> refers to your Windows account name

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

VISTA

1. Enable hidden folders

Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.

Click on the Control Panel menu option.

When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:

If you are in the Classic View do the following:

Double-click on the Folder Options icon.

Click on the View tab.

Go to step 5.

If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:

Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .

Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.

Go to step 5.

Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

2.. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

and delete the settings folder

------------------

Some users have reported upgrading/installing Microsoft XML Parser (now known as Core XML Services apparently) has helped so google that, install the relevant stuff and see if that helps in stopping the xml errors from happening.

i have tried to find the file from C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 after enabling hidden folders the only file found in the folder is the activation text document.

Is the reset preferences thing still in your shortcut?

That would explain there being no folder.

In which case I have no clue why that's happening. That fix usually works when the xml error is caused by a 'blip' so when you start again the xml gets created again but 'well-formed'.

I would suggest posting in the technical issues forum but I see you've done that already.

Archived