Windows mode,question, please.

Forgive my ignorance, please. If I put the game into Windows mode via the "preferences" option, the game screen goes into a smaller frame. If I click on the little squares at the top right corner of the game screen, the screen then expands to fill the whole monitor screen. In doing this, is the game then still in Windows mode or not? I am trying to get the game to run without all of the crashing, errors etc that I get when I run the game in normal mode. I have all the appropriate updates, drivers, specifications, etc. I was going to give up untill the patch but I am a glutton for punishment. Kind regards.

Yes it's still in Windows Mode. I use Windows mode and it works for me.

Thank you very glad, TomHAVFC, muchly appreciated. I hope that I will now be able to enjoy the game again. You've made a happy man very old. Err! I think that's right. Oh! what the heck. Kind regards.

If I had any intelligence at all, I should have asked this previously. What, if any, are the advantages/disadvantages of playing the game in "Windows mode" as against playing the game in the "ordinary mode"? Does one need more memory to run the game? Does playing in windows mode offer protection against the BSOD's, errors, freezing and crashing that affect the running of the game? Kind regards.

If I had any intelligence at all, I should have asked this previously. What, if any, are the advantages/disadvantages of playing the game in "Windows mode" as against playing the game in the "ordinary mode"? Does one need more memory to run the game? Does playing in windows mode offer protection against the BSOD's, errors, freezing and crashing that affect the running of the game? Kind regards.

The only difference is that you can multi-task while playing in windowed mode.

While multi-tasking your machine generally run slower, depending on the extent of your 'multi-tasks'.

Archived