Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

Queens Park Rangers F.C

QPR_Logo.png

Brief History:

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is an English football club, based in Shepherd's Bush in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham in West London. The club's first team currently plays in the Football League Championship. In August 2007 QPR was bought by Formula One tycoons Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, who sold a 20% stake to the family of steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal in December of that year.

The club is commonly referred to as QPR, The Rs or often just Rangers by fans. They are also referred to as the Hoops (after the team's kit of blue and white hooped shirts). QPR are not to be confused with the Scottish clubs Rangers or Queen's Park.

QPR was formed in 1882, when a team known as St Jude's merged with Christchurch Rangers. The resulting team was called Queens Park Rangers, because most of the players came from the Queens Park area of North-West London. QPR became a professional team in 1889 and played their home games in nearly 20 different stadia (a league record), before permanently settling in Loftus Road in 1917 (although the team briefly played at White City between 1931-3 and 1962–63 in the hope of attracting larger crowds).[1] QPR were promoted as champions of Division 3 South in the 1947–48 season. Dave Mangnall was the manager as Rangers enjoyed four seasons in the Second Division, being relegated in 1951–52. Tony Ingham was signed from Leeds United and went on to make most ever league appearances for QPR.

Club Information:

Full Name: Queens Park Rangers football Club

Nickname: QPR, The Rs, The Hoops

Founded: 1882

Manager: Paulo Sousa

Major Rivals: Chelsea

Other Rivals: Luton, Bristol City, Watford, Cardiff, Stoke, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Fulham.

Icons: Les Ferdinand, Flavio Briatore, Akos Buzsaky, Martin Rowlands, Alan McDonald, Lee Camp, Danny Shittu, Lee Cook, Peter Crouch and Luigi Di Canio.

Favoured Personnel: Dexter Blackstock and Ian Holloway.

Media Prediction: 12th place

Club Captain: Gareth Ainsworth

Stadium:

Stadium Name: Loftus Road

Capacity: 19,148

Finances of the Club:

Estimated Value: £32M

Balance: £24M

Transfer Budget: Minimum - 9M Maximum - 14.5M

Wage Budget: £165k p/w approx

Current Team:

GK: Lee Camp, Radek Cerny

Defenders: Matthew Connolly, Fitz Hall, Peter Ramage, Zeshan Rehman, Damien Delaney, Kaspars Gorkss, Damion Stewart

Midfielders: Matteo Alberti, Damiano Tommasi, Mikele Leigertwood, Gavin Mahon, Adam Bolder

Wingers: Gareth Ainsworth, Akos Buzsaky *, Hogan Ephraim, Emmanual Jorge Ledesma, Lee Cook

Attacking Midfielders: Martin Rowlands, Daniel Parejo *

FC: Patrick Agyemang, Angelo Balanta, Dexter Blackstock, Rowan Vine

Coaching Staff:

Manager Paulo Sousa

Assistant manager Bruno Oliveira

Goalkeeping coach David Rouse

Player/coach Gareth Ainsworth

Fitness coach John Harbin

Physiotherapist Paul Hunter

Kit manager Gary Doyle

Youth team manager Steve Brown

Head of youth development Keith Ryan

So i had planned on starting a QPR game, and today was the day. I always like to post my games and i couldnt find a QPR thread but i saw some people pondering over making one so i took thingsinto my own hands. I'm not personally a QPR fan which is way i havent offerend much in the way of analysis so i hope you bear with me.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly off-topic but where did the Bristol and Stoke rivalries come from?

On the game, it says.

I'm going for quite a few loans, made a reasonably bid bid for Razvan Rat aswell as he is a quality full back. Don Cowie from Inverness is worth looking at too.

I'm not entirely sure, obviously it can't be a local thing, so it must be something that has developped over time, something like possibly Newcastle and Manchester United, they have always hated each other in general since Keegan's first reign and the times of Shearer/Keane.

Slightly off-topic but where did the Bristol and Stoke rivalries come from?

I'm a QPR fan

The Rivalry with Bristol City started when we were both challenging for promotion to the Championship back in 03/04 we pipped them by a point or so if I remember wouldn't call it an intense rivalry though and no QPR care about them

Stoke rivalry simmered in 01 then the blue touch paper was really lit in 04/05 when Taggart got sent off for hitting Bircham then the year after a couple of their fans attacked our keeper I wouldn't class them as rivals though

Our proper rivals would be Luton and Chelsea

I'm looking for a striker that is an out and out goalscorer and can link up with the midfield. I have a talisman striker who is tall, strong and has great heading ability. But now i need someone that can drop off pick up the balls and make things happen and generally score goals for fun.

Ah, thanks for that rangers12. If that's the case then I don't really think they should've been included in-game, otherwise lots of clubs would have lots of rivals for one reason or another.

haza, try loaning in players from the Prem. Create a search filter for listed for loan, finishing, composure, pace, acceleration and off the ball over 15. If no results, go over 10.

in my first season I won the league and remained undefeated with The R's.

A lot of the existing players are really good and I'd advise keeping Cerny (GK), Delaney (LB), Stewart (CB), Tomassi (DM/C), Balanta (ST). Some of the other players like Parejo, Ledesma, Hall and Vine are good enough too.

I bought in Zakauni from Fulham (loan originally but bough him soon after as he was playing well) for the RB slot and Beevers from Sheff Wed to play alongside Stewart at CB. That back four along with Cerny conceeded only 28 goals in the league and a grand total of 29 clean sheets in all competitions.

For my midfield I bought Santon for the right wing from Inter and Fausto Rossi for the left wing with Tommasi as the DM. I chopped and changed my AM and bought in Fiore (a good freebie) and Guzman from Piacenza but to be honest neither of them two or Parejo really sparkled.

Up front Balanta is quality but I did also bring in McClean from Peterborough (who scored about 25 goals in the end) and Lewandowski in the January window and he was phenominal.

Other than that ther were a few wheelings and dealings but come the end of Jan I was already looking like I should win the league as my main rivals Reading sold Doyle and went on a bit of a slump so I was well clear of the rest. Now I'm just in the latter stages of the pre-season and have been trying to strengthen my squad for the first season back in the Prem for the super hoops since the mid 90's. Bring it on!!

Well it's reasonable to say i've just been screwed. Decent start to the season, im 5th in early October but have just recieved the news that my integral striker Seleznyov has picked up an injury and will be out until the end of the season. Obvisouly as my main striker this will probably mean our chances of promotion are gone. Luckily i have veteran striker Juan Pablo Angel joining my on the 31st of November which could be key if i can get him scoring goals quickly. Otherwise with just Murphy, Anrel and Balenta at my disposal it's hard to see where the goals are going to come from, especially considering the only player to have scored from somewhere other than up front is, oh wait, Daryl Murphy when i stuck him out on the left.

I'm a QPR fan and I have never really felt that way about Brentford. It's always good to beat them but as we're not in the same league (and have only been so for a couple of seasons in the past god knows how many years) I think not having them as fierce rivals is correct.

Brentford fans hate us from what i've witnessed but then that's the same for us with Chelsea and i;m sure their fans look at us in the same light as we look at you caaza 1105.

They didnt pump serious money for me, I had 12m to spend when I got promoted but you can attract quite good players to the club.

I finished 9th in my first season in prem, fizzled out a bit towards the end. I had the top 2 goalscorers in the league though. Makukula scored 22 and Lewandowski scored 20. I recommend the later, cost about 1m and scored 30 in 27 championship games the season before. As for Makukula, he was transfer listed at the start and i got him for about 300k!

Crayons - Ive got Santon right back and hes progressing quite well, I also desperately need a cb and rw, I ended up with a negative goal difference due to my pairing of connolly and delaney(dreadful for the prem). I also recommend regularly checking the transfer list as often seems to be good players on there. I got the goalie Asenjo for about 3.5million and Drenthe from Real Madrid for 4million, plus in the summer Giovinco is coming for 2.5 million!

Keep us posted with how you are progressing!!!

1st season in the championship:

sold:

agyemang

mahon

vine(loan)

steart

bolder

leigterwood

blackstock

bought:

J Brown

Thiago silva

Gerard

S Fletcher

A Velicka (loan)

S Abreu

F Ljunberg

S Larsson

F Fuentes

1st XI

Cerny

Ramage Hall Fuentes Delaney

Larsson Tomassi Gerard Ljunberg

Fletcher Velicka/Abreu

Absoloute quality!!!

Im using a 442 that is a combination of my own tinkering and reading the tactics and training posts.

Ive started my 3rd season, brought in 3 new centre backs but still look fragile, however first home game of the season I beat Chelsea 6-1!!! Makukula scored 4! seriously you have got to get him in your first season.

How are you doing in the league Crayons? Still 2nd?

its a 442 that is mostly my own work but has been made with the help of things such as role theory mentioned in the tactics forum. Im in my 2nd season in Prem and im 4th in january!!!! The key to my success has been hitting teams on the break, I tend to do better against the big teams and have beat Man utd at old trafford this season as well as beating chelsea and liverpool.

Oops, just realised you said team instructions - I tend to adjust based on the quality of the opposition. What formation are you using? Can I have a look at your squad? Do you use your own formations on use the tactics section?

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a game for fun just to see who I could get. I spent most of my budget getting Alex Teixeira and Rafael Carioca. I also grabbed Christian Benitez. My defense is pretty poor, but the Teixeira/Benitez partnership, with Balanta coming off the bench is amazing. They have 22 goals between the three 16 matches in. Benitez is absolutely amazing for 1.5m, and pairs really nicely with the dribbling and passing abilities of Teixeira. Since they both are pretty physical and team players, I have them swap between their roles, which seems to cause a ton of problems for the defense. I'm going to sell quite a bit during January and probably bring in a CB and GK. At first I had pretty bad away form, but great home form, but I've managed 4 away wins in a row. I can't touch Reading at all though, because they just won't lose! I'm playing them at home next, so hopefully I can gain some ground on them. I might stick with this game since I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Just started a game with the Rs and as yet to play a league game.

So far I've signed McCarthy (1.2m), Delph (900k), Beevers (2mil) and have offered a contract to Doyle (6m). Have a couple of mil left in the bank which I might save for Jan. Tried to sign Mattock but he didn't want to leave Leicester, so I may put in a bid for Aiden White to cover for Delaney. Wouldn't mind some cover at RB and could do with another striker. I'm trying to keep my squad as British & Irish as possible, so if you have any suggestions for these slots let me know. I'm tempted to put a bid in for Beckford but we'll see, not so sure what he's like on 09. Has anyone signed Danny Haynes on 09? If he's no good perhaps I'll make a bid for Ebanks-Blake.

To balance the books I'll hopefully be able to get rid of some deadwood. Like a fulham fan, I'd quite like rid of Agyemang, Mahon, Vine, Stewart, Bolder, Leigterwood and Blackstock.

Still in need of a RB as cover. I'm past the first window on the latest patch and will be looking to strengthen in Jan. I'm trying to keep my squad as British & Irish as possible so I want to buy from the championship or below. So far I'm thinking of putting in a bid for Naughton, Stearman or van Zanten but am in need of some more options because I'm not sure if they'll sign in the Winter window.

Oh, and btw, has anyone ever bought Beckford? How does he fair in the champ or are there better options available? I'd also like to know how Miles Addison, Lewis McGuagan, Nathan Clyne and Lee Hills develop. Thanks

just finished 7th in PL in my 3rd season. i've just sold amr zaki to lyon.

i got vuckevic and ambrosini for the MC and have been approaching akinfeev for the goal, to take over for diego lopez. i've also been looking at veloso, whos not getting any first team action in juventus.

i'm in need of a strong striker, since im currently using Matts Tactics, sold Zaki and only got Gignac and makukula left - Maybe Cardozo, even though hes know 27y old? I also need a leftback - räzvan rat is sold for overprice, and rosenior, my 2nd choice, isnt any good at all. my wingers a in topform - albín and oleg husyev - oleg won the Players Player of the Year. my centerdefence is good, with ignashevich and chrygrynskyi taken care of business. davide santon is doing a fine job on the LB. i also got vanden borre, fiorillo, n'diaye, stendardo, sturridge, gabri and niko kranjcar on the bench.

any good tips for LB, MCd and a strong FCd?

ive been thinking about getting a more defenceminded LB since my defence is pretty attackminded.

any suggestions is welcome.

Ok the LB is Federico Peluso, signed him from Serie B side AlbinoLeffe which might sound like a strange choice but he has played great.

12(1) apps, 3.76 tackles, 74% passing, 7.04 Avg rating.

He's even kept first choice Assou-Ekkoto out of the team.

Squad:

picture1ot2.png

Table:

picture2lh3.png

Transfers:

picture3un7.png

If you haven't heard of some of the players its probably because they're regens, if you want screenies just ask :)

Archived