URGENT - database_location.xml

Hi all, somehow my database_location.xml file got blanked, and now FM's giving me an XML parsing error every time I try to load FM. Would appreciate if someone on 9.1.0, Windows XP, non-Steam could access their database_location.xml file and tell me what it should contain.

The file can be found at c:\documents and settings\<admin>\application data\sports interactive\football manager 2009\settings\version 901.

Help greatly appreciated. Cheers.

• 6 months later...

hello

played FM for a while now but once a while my pc crashes for random reason. It happened last night again but while i was playing a match on FM 09.

Now this morning i get this message.

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml"

i think thats cuz i didnt quit the game properly as my pc crashed so now i can click on "Ok" then the game loads up but theres no saved games anymore, i have to start new one and not really up for that... ill have to do that if theres no other choise but i thought maybe someone could help me first and getting that error away.

Tnx

hello

played FM for a while now but once a while my pc crashes for random reason. It happened last night again but while i was playing a match on FM 09.

Now this morning i get this message.

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml"

i think thats cuz i didnt quit the game properly as my pc crashed so now i can click on "Ok" then the game loads up but theres no saved games anymore, i have to start new one and not really up for that... ill have to do that if theres no other choise but i thought maybe someone could help me first and getting that error away.

Tnx

Other XML Errors

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

Archived