p***ed off

Thought it would be better as it said updates get put on etc.. wrong choice.

yeah. well i got a ati graphics card and they bundle steam with the bloody drivers. first time i installed it it offered me a 'free game' with my new radeon card. when i finished installing steam, downloading the game (2gb +), updating it (500mb+) it turned out to be some crappy demo level from HL2 that didnt even make sense it was so out of context.

no worries, i thought, i can still get an hour of pleasure out of it before i remove it. but when you poke around in the steam application folder and realise its all drm'd up the nines and you aren't actually given the right not to play the game without steam i uninstalled that sucker.

no thanks! no thanks to the pop up on system boot either, or the constant special offer notifications. stuff is adware/malware.

their prices are laughable as well. how they justify charging the same or more for titles without even giving you physical media and a manual i have no idea. :eek: and every time you install your system you have to wait two days while it downloads Fallout 3 again @ 80 kb/s? sod that.

Too awkward. I just want to play FM ffs! Already late buying it only got it tuesday and not had chance to play because ive been head high in coursework

well when it comes to buying fm, you can save 50% by just waiting until the new year. fm seems to have established a pattern now for release, patch then final patch being when the game is actually considered finished in the eyes of the fans. i dont see any point paying inflated shop prices for latest must have when its not even finished for 6 months. you can say i am being negative and harsh but hey, how long until the majority of fm fans start asking this question and saying why buy now when it will just be buggy and unplayable for months? i am not made of money etc. then SI have a major problem with their revenue!

unilock all the way:thup: i used steam first-off mainly due to the auto updates, but it COMPLETLY messed with my computer, game wouldn't play,internet was slow kept gettin pop-ups from them,did my head in, so managed to after many attempts to get rid of steam of my computer altogether and used unilock...haven;t looked back

Steam is rubbish though and I wouldn't buy off there.

exactly, people should have been cautious about STEAM like i was, i used UNILOC then installed patch and was easy as pie and never had a problem, seems i was right to be cautious after reading numerous negative posts about STEAM.

uninstall steam. you wont lose your saved game, you need to do the old cut & paste trick onto your desktop. You say you cant find the .exe thing but you also have a saved game ? if you have a saved game that means you would have previously found your .exe file in order to previously play it

Archived