+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 €“ The Battle of the €˜stans€™ (Holiday / Sign Up

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 25th February 2007

As a result of the mass call ups to the U23s, Turkmenistan were always going to struggle against Uzbekistan without any of their superkids:
    Turkmenistan 0 v 4 Uzebekistan
    Everybody should look at that screenshot, just to read the ref's name - some parents must be having a laugh!

Freealdinho in addition to his interest by Hull, is now wanted by Liverpool.

Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal.

Injury News
    Dumats is out for 2 weeks with a strained neck.

Mendieta is out for a week with a bruised head.

Stelios will be out for 2 weeks with a bruised rib.

On a happier note, De Santiago has been called up to the U23s squad.

So a depleted squad for Weds 2nd leg for Turkmenistan, but they should still coast it at home.

Youth Team

Turkmenistan U23s v Pakistan U23s
    Weds 28th March: Olympic Games Asian Preliminary Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match
    Only 10 of you start due to injuries, Gonzalez the unfortunate one on the bench. Swinson is again the captain.

Pakistan foul Swinson in the penalty area after 8 minutes. Up steps... Koppers for the penalty, which he calmly dispatches. 1-0.
    Within 30 seconds of the restart, Atas releases Ali Obeid who slots home, 2-0.
    Ali Obeid steals the ball off the Pakistan defender on the half way line, runs towards goal, shoots, the ball trickles towards the line but a Pakistan defender gets back in time to clear to safety.
    Great cross by Ali Obeid on the right, bullet header by Atas from 6 yards, 3-0 after 25 minutes. The word rout springs to mind..
    There were several more half chances before the interval.
    HT: Turkmenistan U23s 3 v 0 Pakistan U23s
    Half Time

Swinson is subbed at half-time, his replacement becomes captain.
    54 minutes gone and whilst Ali Obeid is off the field having treatment, Turkmenistan calmly pass it round, Koppers passing it to Tomaldinho who decides 'what the hell, lets have a shot from 30 yards' - oh, it went in! 4-0.
    FT: Turkmenistan U23s 4 v 0 Pakistan U23s

Match Stats
    Player Stats

Turkmenistan U23s win 7-0 on agg and will play Tajikistan U23s in the 1st round next month.

Shame that Gonzalez didn't get on for the last few minutes, especially as David Pleat only used 2 of his subs.
    Atas gets the MOM award, which is fair enough - in my opinion just pipping Ali Obeid for it.

Youth Team

Correction:

It is actually Kyrgyzstan U23s that will face Tajikistan U23s.

Turkmenistan U23s will face Yemen U23s.

Anyway, you should both progress going by the result of Turkmenistan in the last round.

Part-timer
    In the land of Chocolate and Cuckoo clocks with Vaduz!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho in addition to his interest by Hull, is now wanted by Liverpool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting!

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully i'll get a move to them and it might be my big break. Could I have a screenshot of Luke Swinson WW.

KUTGW

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 1st April 2007

Freealdinho nows claims to be feeling the pressure now that clubs are interested in him.

Everton are now interested in Luke Swinson, as well as Arsenal.

Professor Frink is out for 1-2 months with strained knee ligaments.

Abdullah Muhammed Ali Obeid is feeling jaded and in need of a rest.

Salman Al-Dahash has finished his tutoring with Rufete at Espanyol. He has learnt another PPM - 'hugs the touchline'. Rufete is now listed under his favoured personel, but Rufete doesn't reciprocate the feelings under his favoured personel.

Jacariah Birkinaldo is now no longer considering his future at Tranmere and is happy to continue playing there.

Player Cam's player of the month for April is... Davo, who is currently on loan from West Ham to Cheltenham Town. (Will also be able to offer snippets of info about Ali Obeid as he is also on loan at Cheltenham).

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeffhardy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully i'll get a move to them and it might be my big break. Could I have a screenshot of Luke Swinson WW.

KUTGW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, things are looking up for Swinson and Freealdinho. Perhaps the season of playing lower league regular football made be an advantage to you next season if you are at a big club trying to get the first team.

I'm planning to release everyone's screenshot on the 1st June, the day after the inaugrual Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan contest has finished

Youth Team

Player Cam Match Report
    Sat 7th April: Cheltenham (14th) v (15th) Brentford - league match

Davo starts at RB in a 4-4-2 formation. (Ali Obeid also starts up front)

Ali Obeid has 3 chances in the first 20 minutes, all saved well by the Brentford keeper.
    In injury time in the 1st half, Ali Obeid is first to latch onto a misplaced pass in the Brentford penalty area and at last puts one of his shots in the net.
    HT: Cheltenham 1 v 0 Brentford
    Half Time Stats
    Complete domination by Cheltenham, should be more than one goal ahead. Davo has played well, looking solid and playing some good through balls.

Sloppy play by the Cheltenham centre backs almost lets in Shipperly to score for Brentford early in the 2nd half.
    Davo plays a fantastic ball from the half way line to the feet of the Cheltenham forward who dinks the ball past the onrushing keeper. 2-0. Great assist, even the commentator agrees by saying 'Davo is justifying all of the recent praise'.
    Ali Obeid picks up a knock and is subbed after 69 minutes.
    Brentford become more attacking as they try to get back into the game, but Cheltenham's keeper and the crossbar keeps them at bay.
    FT: Cheltenham 2 v 0 Brentford
    Full Time Stats

Strong performance by Davo, West Ham have got a good full back there. (Ali Obeid also had a good game)

Amateur

Good work again WW! I like the player cam reports, they add a personal touch to this game!

Hermandinho is a solid defender in the U23. Well done! And a one time vice-captain for the team. Not too shabby for a defender who never plays for his team...

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 8th April 2007

De Santiago and Alan were unused subs in Sevilla's UEFA Cup 1st leg Q Final at home to PSG. Score 1-1.

Sam Taphouse is wanted by Port Vale, presumably for loan purposes. No offers as yet though.

Ryan is wanted by Livorno of Italy - his spell in Canada could be nearing an end.

Turkus Mendieta, the only player still not to have made his debut for his club's first team, is attracting attention from Maritimo of Portugal.

Hermandinho is out for 1-3 weeks with a groin strain.

Semi Pro

Pffft, Yemen, piece of cake! Bring'm on!

It doesn't look like Chaoconov will volunteer to carry the Turkmenistan flag at the Olympics though. He gets tired a bit too easily for that.

Put him on a physical training regime, Anderlecht!

Youth Team

Player Cam Match Report
    Mon 9th April: Crewe (15th) v (13th) Cheltenham - league match

Davo starts at RB again, Ali Obeid up front. 4-4-2 formation.

Crewe take the lead after just 2 minutes with a firecracker of ashot from the edge of the area. In off the post, 0-1.
    Crewe continue to pile on the pressure, but Cheltenham hold firm.
    HT: Crewe 1 v 0 Cheltenham

Ali Obeid has a fine shot tipped round the post by the keeper.
    64 minutes gone and after a midfield scrap, the ball emerges in Davo's direction who gives it a big boot upfield. The keeper fatally hesitates to come out and collect and Ali Obeid is there to apply the finish. 1-1. Another assist for Davo and Ali Obeid's 20th goal of the season.
    Ali Obeid is then taken off straight away.
    Davo picks up a knock but continues to play.
    2-1 Cheltenham, its been coming - cross from the right headed in.
    Davo is then subbed off straight after the goal.
    FT: Crewe 1 v 2 Cheltenham
    Full Time Stats

For as good as Crewe were in the 1st half, Cheltenham were even better in the 2nd half. What a turn around since half-time.

Ali Obeid gets the MOM award.

Youth Team

I've decided that from Feb 1st till June 1st is too long to go without the games played screenshot, so here they are:

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Players

Call-ups for Olympic Games Qualifiers (14th/21st April):

Kyrgyzstan - Mark Lawrenson calls up 15/16, only the injured Prof Frink misses out.

Turkmenistan - David Pleat call ups 14/16, only the injured Hermandinho and Rossini miss out.

Youth Team

Turkmenistan U23s v Yemen U23s
    Sat 14th April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 1st Leg

Pre Match
    All 11 starters are the superkids - with De Santiago and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain once more. Libertinho is surprisingly dropped from the match day squad - blame David Pleat!

Atas hits the bar in the 1st minute.
    7 minutes gone and Dumats, in his first app for the U23s, takes a freekick 20 yards out. It hits the wall but he follows it up and smacks the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. 1-0, great start.
    7 minutes later and Koppers hits a 55 yard ball into the opp's area, Ali Obeid is the quickest to react to the situation and heads it into the net. 2-0.
    Ali Obeid, despite being a centre mid this game is playing like a 3rd striker and in the 29th minute, collects a long throw into the area by Chaoconov, spins his man and finishes well. 3-0.
    Dumats plays a suicidal back pass towards Maldinov, who somehow beats the opp striker to the ball to clear. Funnily enough, that clearance 30 seconds later leads to a penalty for Turkmenistan. Up steps Koppers to make it 4-0, 40 minutes gones.
    Just before injury time begins, Koppers whips in a ball from the left and Ali Obeid heads home to complete his hattrick.
    HT: Turkmenistan U23s 5 v 0 Yemen U23s
    Half Time

Stelios is substituted at half time for a random. Ali Obeid now goes up front, despite effectively being there for the whole of the 1st half!
    On 54 minutes, Dumats sends in a looping freekick from the right flank, which a Yemen player kindly heads into his own net. 6-0.
    2 minutes later, Swinson leaves 2 men for dead - slides the ball back for Dumats who powers in his second of the game from outside the area. 7-0.
    Ali Obeid is subbed after 80 minutes, on comes Gonzalez.
    Turkmenistan are just passing it around at will, the ball comes forward to Atas who decides he might as well shoot and slides it in from 15 yards. 8-0.
    Swinson is subbed in injury time.

FT: Turkmenistan U23s 8 v 0 Yemen U23s

Match Stats

Playe Stats

MOM went to Ali Obeid, which is thoroughly deserved, although Dumats might have won it if he hadn't have played that poor backpass to Maldinov. 4 ten ratings, good showing lads

I think you would back Turkmenistan to progress - Iran be warned!

Semi Pro

8-0!

I wouldn't have put money on that high a score. Great match!

10 rating and an assist for Chaoconov. I think I'm reasonably pleased with that. No... no... I'm sure of it!

Youth Team

Kyrgyzstan U23s v Tajikistan U23s

Pre Match
    9 of the superkids start, Freealdinho, Alan, Sam Taphouse and Habib Halali all on the bench. Somewhat shockingly, Elfdog and George Robson don't make the squad! The captain is one of the other two.

Early warning for Kyrgyzstan as the opp striker is through on goal in the 2nd minute but pulls his shot wide.
    Azeryk finishes nicely after 10 minutes to make it 1-0. Assist for Capt random.
    Within 20 seconds of the restart Benj almost scores a spectacular lob from the half way line with the goalie stranded. Just wide.
    After a couple of pop-shots, Azeryk is on hand to make it 2-0 with a tap in.
    Capt random gets another assist, this time crossing from the left for Al-Dahash to volley home. 3-0, 29 minutes gone.
    Counter attack down the right, Azeryk crosses into the box and Bill makes no mistake. 4-0.
    HT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 4 v 0 Tajikistan U23s
    Half Time Stats

Bill almost scores 9 seconds into the 2nd half, the Tajikistani keeper having to tip the ball over for a corner.
    After 63 minutes, Taphouse replaces capt random. Captain is now Davo.
    Azeryk looked to have got his hattrick but it was ruled out for offside.
    74 minutes gone and Freealdinho comes on to replace Bartinho.
    Azeryk does get his hattrick with a nice finish from a tight angle.
    Benj is replaced by Habib Halali who takes the captains armband off Davo!
    With a minute remaining Bill scores the 6th with a close range header from a Taphouse freekick by the right corner flag.

FT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 6 v 0 Tajikistan U23s

Match Stats

Player Stats

Very comfortable win, Kyrgyzstan took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

MOM goes to Azeryk for his hat-trick.

Both teams should easily qualify now

Amateur

tell ryan to get outa my spot

Semi Pro
    By now, probably passed out on the floor.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fleece:
    tell ryan to get outa my spot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't tell Lawrence how to do his job, Fleece. Although I muyst say, he's doing a good one by selecting me.

Livorno, eh? Good enough for me! Get me outta Toronto!

Part-timer

16mins vs Tajikistan U23s isn't good enough, I'd have expected to play at least 45.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Everybody should look at that screenshot, just to read the ref's name - some parents must be having a laugh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"ay ay ye ko ko jambo ay ay yea" was a big hit in asia

A m.o.m and those goals are the signs of a long and succsesfull intenational career. come on Turkmenistan, off to pre-semi elemination round.

First Team Squad Member

2 goals not bad.

Reserves

Left on the bench for club and country, I think they're missing something about Alan .

Amateur

I made a good sub for my team. That's about all I did this year... (and earn 700 pounds a week )

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 15th April 2007

Not much to report.

Bill is apparently 'considering his options' at Belenenses.

In the absence of Davo from Cheltenham, I won't do a player cam report on their game yesterday, only to say that they drew 1-1 at home to Bradford. Davo has played his last game for Cheltenham as his loan deal expires on th 19th.

Ali Obeid loan deal with Cheltenham expired on the 13th, so he has returned to West Ham.

Youth Team

Tajikistan U23s v Kyrgyzstan U23s
    Sat 21st April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match
    10 of the superkids start (both Ryan and Halali), with Elfdog, Taphouse and Freealdinho on the bench. Alan is not included as he picked up a last mintue injury (stubbed toe) and neither is George Robson. Captain is the one non-superkid.

2nd minute, the Tajikistan keeper decides very kindly to pass the ball to Bill who is 6 yards out and wasn't going to miss. 1-0. Shambles.
    Al-Dahash steals the ball off a midfielder, who feeds Bill who feeds Azeryk and its 2-0. 14 minutes gone.
    Despite not appearing to have an injury or playing badly, Bill is subbed after just 33 minutes. Mark Lawrenson is having a laugh it appears with the formation, 4-2-1-2-1, weird looking.

HT: Tajikistan U23s 0 v 2 Kyrgyzstan U23s
    Half Time Stats

Al-Dahash comes off at half-time, replaced by Taphouse.
    A very defensive looking Kyrgyzstan appear to be content just to pass it around at the back. 69 minutes gone, Davo hoists a long ball into the area, even though there isn't a Kyrgyzstan player anywhere near him, a Tajikistan defender beautifully places his header into the corner of his own goal. 2 comical goals Tajikistan have conceded today now, 3-0.
    Taphouse was yellow carded after 82 minutes.

FT: Tajikistan U23s 0 v 3 Kyrgyzstan U23s
    Full Time Player Stats
    Match Stats

Very comfortable second half, if a tad boring.

Lui was awarded MOM, which I feel is ridiculous as he only had one save to make, so I am awarding Benj the MOM award as he looked solid in midfield throughout the game. Bill probably would have won it if he had stayed on the pitch for longer!

Kyrgyzstan U23s win 9-0 on agg.

They will play Oman U23s in the next round in September.

Reserves

Good win .

Shame I stubbed my toe (could have played but Alan is lazy) at the last minute .

Youth Team

Yemen U23s v Turkmenistan U23s
    Sat 21st April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match
    10 of the superkids start, De Santiago, Dumats and Gonzalez on the bench. Ali Obeid is rested I believe rather than dropped. Captain is Swinson again.

Stelios has a shot well saved, Atas can't get to the rebound first.
    40 minutes in, goal kick by Yemen, Chaoconov wins the header that sends Stelios through, who scores this time. 1-0.

HT: Yemen U23 0 v 1 Turkmenistan U23s
    Half Time Stats
    Comfortable first half, not put under any pressure.

Swinson cuts inside, passes to Atas, who scores from 25 yards. 2-0, 60 minutes gone.
    Tomaldinho has a couple of long shots that go wide.
    71st minute, Swinson and Stelios off, on come Gonzalez and Dumats.
    Chaoconov decided to showboat and beat his opponent countless times before floating a ball in from the left, which Gonzalez headed home.

FT: Yemen U23s 0 v 3 Turkmenistan U23s
    Match Stats
    Player Stats

Turkmenistan never really got out of 2nd gear for this game and didn't need to anyway.
    MOM is awarded to Chaoconov, which I agree with as he gave 2 good assists.

Turkmenistan U23s win 11-0 on agg.

They will now meet Iran U23s in September.

Semi Pro

I think you've given us some wrong screenshots.

First Team Squad Member

Scored \o/. But taken off really quickly

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Golden boy:
    I think you've given us some wrong screenshots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good shout, I've put the same ones up again - I'll kept on the case

Youth Team

Here we go - the Turkmenistan screenshots:

Pre Match

Half Time Stats

Full Time Match Stats

Full Time Player Stats

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 22nd April 2007

World Ranking April 2007:
    Only first team games count so the U23s games won't count next month.

Kyrgyzstan drop one place to 117th.
    Turmkenistan drop two places 160th.

Even though none of you are involved in the Champions League anymore, I thought you might like to see how its progressing:
    Champs League KO Tree

In the UEFA Cup, the semi-final line up is:
    Feyenoord v Sporting Lisbon
    PSG v Dynamo Kiev

I will produce the final league tables for your clubs as and when competitions finish.
    Professor Frink is the only one staring down the barrel of relegation. Bournemouth are 4 points from safety with just 2 games to go.
    Anderlecht could win the title - 4 points clear with 3 games to go, although Chaoconov may not get a medal due to amount of games played.
    FC Twente are in the Dutch European places playoff 1st round - Koppers started the 1st leg match, which they lost at home 0-1, 24 hours after playing against Yemen U23s!

Semi Pro

Two nice assists and the MoM award.

I hope someone of the Anderlecht staff was watching. Maybe let me start a match with the season almost over.

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Professor Frink is the only one staring down the barrel of relegation. Bournemouth are 4 points from safety with just 2 games to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah, better ask for that transfer

Youth Team

Player Cam Match Report
    Sat 23rd April: West Ham (15th) v (10th) Tottenham - league match

Much to my surprise due to the fact that Davo is in need of a rest, he is included on the subs bench for West Ham in this game.

A long ball counter attack by West Ham sees Zamora round the keeper and make it 1-0 after 30 minutes.
    HT: West Ham 1 v 0 Tottenham

Lucas Neill makes it 2-0 3 minutes into the 2nd half after a freekick on the left.
    Berbatov gets one back o the hour mark with a curling shot into the far post.
    West Ham make a 3rd sub but not Davo. so he will stay on the bench - but still great experience for him at the end of a good season with Cheltenham.
    Despite both teams surreally going to a 4-2-4 system with 10 minutes to go, no goals were scored.
    FT: West Ham 2 v 1 Tottenham

Amateur

thanks for the monthly cam of maldinov and becareful alvaro

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FC Twente are in the Dutch European places playoff 1st round - Koppers started the 1st leg match, which they lost at home 0-1, 24 hours after playing against Yemen U23s! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's murder.
    Happy to score goals on international level, didn't know Koppers was a good penalty taker.

Just my luck to be on the bench on all the player cam reports.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 29th April 2007

Professor Frink, recovering from injury, could only look on with despair as Bournemouth lost their penultimate league game 1-2 to Oldham, meaning they are relegated from League One.

Tomaldinho of Casa Pia, Italy, has suddenly attracted the attention of Marseille, Livorno and Fiorentina.

Davo has caught the eye of 7 english clubs (all Championship or League One teams), presumably for loan purposes.

Ali Obeid on a similar note, is attracting attention from Bournemouth (oh dear!) and Northampton.

Bill is out for 3-4 weeks and with The Stanlies Cup only 1 month away, he could be a doubt for Kyrgyzstan now.

Elfdog who has had a good season for Redditch, will definitely miss The Stanlies Cup, recntly straining his knee ligaments. Will be out for 1-2 months.

Part-Timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:
    Turkmenistan U23s v Yemen U23s

Pre Match
    All 11 starters are the superkids - with De Santiago and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain once more. Libertinho is surprisingly dropped from the match day squad - blame David Pleat!

Atas hits the bar in the 1st minute.
    7 minutes gone and Dumats, in his first app for the U23s, takes a freekick 20 yards out. It hits the wall but he follows it up and smacks the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. 1-0, great start.
    7 minutes later and Koppers hits a 55 yard ball into the opp's area, Ali Obeid is the quickest to react to the situation and heads it into the net. 2-0.
    Ali Obeid, despite being a centre mid this game is playing like a 3rd striker and in the 29th minute, collects a long throw into the area by Chaoconov, spins his man and finishes well. 3-0.
    Dumats plays a suicidal back pass towards Maldinov, who somehow beats the opp striker to the ball to clear. Funnily enough, that clearance 30 seconds later leads to a penalty for Turkmenistan. Up steps Koppers to make it 4-0, 40 minutes gones.
    Just before injury time begins, Koppers whips in a ball from the left and Ali Obeid heads home to complete his hattrick.
    HT: Turkmenistan U23s 5 v 0 Yemen U23s
    Half Time

Stelios is substituted at half time for a random. Ali Obeid now goes up front, despite effectively being there for the whole of the 1st half!
    On 54 minutes, Dumats sends in a looping freekick from the right flank, which a Yemen player kindly heads into his own net. 6-0.
    2 minutes later, Swinson leaves 2 men for dead - slides the ball back for Dumats who powers in his second of the game from outside the area. 7-0.
    Ali Obeid is subbed after 80 minutes, on comes Gonzalez.
    Turkmenistan are just passing it around at will, the ball comes forward to Atas who decides he might as well shoot and slides it in from 15 yards. 8-0.
    Swinson is subbed in injury time.

FT: Turkmenistan U23s 8 v 0 Yemen U23s

Match Stats

Playe Stats

MOM went to Ali Obeid, which is thoroughly deserved, although Dumats might have won it if he hadn't have played that poor backpass to Maldinov. 4 ten ratings, good showing lads

I think you would back Turkmenistan to progress - Iran be warned! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew Dumats would come along! This is really fun, go Turkmenistan!

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 6th May 2007

The UEFA Cup Final will be between:
    Feyenoord v PSG

The Champions League Final will be between:
    Lyon v Bayern Munich

Luke Swinson now has a 3rd club interested in him - Liverpool.

Swansea become the 3rd club interested in Freealdinho

Professor Frink may not want to look:
    England - League One

Birkinaldo will be content with where Tranmere finished, it could have been worse!

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 13th May 2007

You know sometimes you read about stories in the paper that completely gob-smack you, well this is one of them...
    Roberto Rossini of Vittoria, who hasn't played a single game in since the end of November due to 2 separate injuries, one straight after the other, is wanted by Milan, Lyon, Deportivo and Liverpool. You can't make some of this stuff up!

Everton have made an offer for Luke Swinson of £650K.

Empoli have joined the list of clubs after Tomaldinho.

Salman Al-Dahash becomes the next Kyrgyzstani player to be ruled out of The Stanlies Cup, out for 3-4 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Salvation for Professor Frink possibly, he is wanted by Swansea.

Liverpool has sensationally won the English Premiership, starting 3rd before the last series of games, defeats for Man Utd at home to Watford and Chelsea away to Middlesbrough meant that Liverpool's win away to Portsmouth won them the title!
    England - Premier League

Stelios will be happy that Boro have qualified for Europe and West Ham have narrowly avoided relegation, a relief for Davo and Ali Obeid. Man City finished in 8th for Taphouse.

Amateur

8th. How many games did i play?

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:
    8th. How many games did i play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A mighty 3

All games played details and player profiles will be produced with on June 1st

Part-timer

woohoo a hattrick for me

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 20th May 2007

Feyenoord have won the UEFA Cup, beating PSG 2-1 in the final.

The Portuguese league has finished, with Sporting Lisbon winning easily. Braga qualify for the UEFA Cup next season, Belenenses finish in midtable.
    Portugal - Premier League

Anderlecht win the Belgian Premier Division by 5 points, but Chaoconov does not get a medal due to only playing 7 games.
    Belgium - Premier League

The Dutch league has finished, but I will wait till their mindboggling playoff system for European places is complete before releasing the table.

Kidderminster have stalled on accepting Everton's offer for Luke Swinson, just wanting more money I guess.

With a week to go to The Stanlies Cup, more players pick up niggling injuries...

Benj is out for 2 days - 1 week with a bruised heel.

Koppers is out for up to 5 days with a bruised head.

The Call Ups:
    Turkmenistan have called up 15 of the superkids - only Koppers with his injury is left out of the 1st leg squad.

Kyrgyzstan call up the 12 fit superkids for the 1st leg.

Semi Pro

Where is my Player Cam?!?!?

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:
    Where is my Player Cam?!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, KUTGW

Youth Team

Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan
    Sat 26th May: The 2007 Stanlies Cup 1st Leg

Welcome to the inaugrual Stanlies Cup match, a 2 legged tie between Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan played at the end of May each year. Just to inform everyone, I have decided that away goals will count in the result of a tie over the 2 legs and if it is still a tie after that, the cup will be shared. There will also be 6 substitutions for each team if they so wish.

Line Ups
    Mark Lawrenson has selected 10 of the 12 Kyrgyzstan superkids to start, with Freealdinho and Habib Halali on the bench. Alan is captain.
    David Pleat has given starting places to 11 of the Turkmenistan superkids, with Rossini, Gonzalez and Ali Obeid on the bench. De Santiago does not make the bench. Swinson is captain.

Pre Match TV Talk
    My opinion: I'm sitting on the fence and say it will be a draw

A quiet opening was brought to life when Alan chased a ball down the right for Kyrgyzstan, crossed it in and Azeryk got to the cross first and fired it home. 1-0 after 18 minutes.
    2 minutes later, Alan went on a storming run, passed to Azeryk on the edge of the area, who fired over.
    First shot for Turkmenistan after 30 minutes, but Atas hits it well wide.
    Lui makes a fine save from Atas's powerful long range effort.
    33 minutes in and Birkinaldo heads a Turkmenistan goal kick right back into their half, Alan runs onto the ball but shoots well wide.
    Mark Lawrenson is using his strange tactic again - 33 minutes have passed and Alan is subbed off for Habib Halali as Kyrgyzstan turn to their defensive 4-2-1-2-1 formation again.
    Lui is on fire, first a double stop against Stelios and Chaoconov, then a tip over the bar after a shot by Tomaldinho.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 1 v 0 Turkmenistan
    Half Time Match Stats
    Half Time Player Ratings

Professor Frink is subbed off at half time. Rossini replaces Chaoconov for the 2nd half.

Not much happened in the first 15 minutes after the restart, so David Pleat made some changes, off went Taraldo, Libertinho and Stelios, on came Ali Obeid, Gonzalez and another.
    A nice move by Kyrgyzstan on the right wing after 70 minutes resulted in Davo feeding a ball through to Azeryk on the edge of the area, who slotted it in the bottom corner. 2-0.
    Azeryk was then substituted, going off to a standing ovation, replaced by Freealdinho. Ryan was also subbed off. Tomaldinho and Atas were also subbed off for Turkmenistan at this moment.
    79 minutes and Bartinho is replaced.
    Both teams had half chances in the remaining minutes, but nothing clear cut.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 2 v 0 Turkmenistan
    Full Time Match Stats
    Turkmenistan Match Stats
    Kyrgyzstan Match Stats

MOM goes to Azeryk and deservedly so.

Turkmenistan will have a lot of work to do in the 2nd leg, especially if Kyrgyzstan score an away goal.

Amateur

much better a full 90 minutes for kygyeky..w/e. Im beggining to fear that ive been abolished to eternity in new zealand

Amateur

woot down with turmenistan! and why am i back on the bench

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:
    Where is my Player Cam?!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, KUTGW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers

Golden Rule for Player Cam:

If you play, you have a chance

If you don't play, you don't have a chance

Hopefully Benj will break through into the 1st team next year.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 27th May 2007

Luke Swinson will join Everton on the 1st July, after Kidderminster accepted the offer and Swinson duly accepted the contract offer.

Koppers has turned down a new 5 year contract with FC Twente, apparently wanting a larger appearance fee bonus.

George Robson is now being tutored by Luca Rigoni at Vicenza.

Fiorentina and Sevilla have joined the list of admirers of Roberto Rossini.

Hermandinho is out of the 2nd leg of The Stanlies Cup with a gashed head - will be out for upto 2 weeks.

Turkus Mendieta is now wanted by Inter, as well as Maritimo.

The Dutch League has finished its playoff system, with 5th placed Feyenoord taking the 2nd champions league, with 2nd-4th placed teams entering the UEFA Cup. FC Twente finished 4th.
    Holland - Premier League

Inter won Serie A at a canter.
    Italy - Serie A

Manisaspor finished in 5th place in the Turkish League.
    Turkey - Super League

The Champions League Final was won by Bayern Munich, beating Lyon 3-1 in the final.

The 2nd Leg of The Stanlies Cup will either be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning as I haven't actually played it yet

Part-timer

Great stuff WW.

Looked superb in my international debut (I know it was only the under 23's but still, great game).

Can't see me leaving Sweden too soon, doubt there'll be many scouts watching the Second tier of Swedish football. Going to have to drag my team back up into the top division. KUTGW.

Amateur

See, go away for a day and it all falls apart, miss one call up, get a second, no game time and then, I get injured and miss another shot at some fixtures, EGADS, this has been a rough first season for me.

Hopefully things will turn around once my knee is better.

Peace

Amateur

Bah... Injured for the second leg of the Stanlies cup...

Only a few matches this year. Braga is a nice club with nice weather as well, but first team football is needed soon!

And of course: GOOOOO Turkmenistan!!!
    (can somebody compose a song for us Turkmeni?)

Youth Team

Turkmenistan v Kyrgyzstan
    Sat 30th May: The Stanlies Cup 2nd Leg

Line Ups
    Mark Lawrenson decides to field an unchanged first 11 for the 2nd Leg, so 10 of the superkids start with Freealdinho and Halali on the bench. Alan is captain.
    David Pleat decides also to stick with the same 11 that lost in the 1st Leg, Ali Obeid, Rossini and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain.

TV Opinion
    My opinion: I think Turkmenistan will win this leg, but I think Kyrgyzstan will score and I can't see Turkmenistan then winning by the 3 clear goals they would need to lift The Stanlies Cup.

9 minutes gone and Alan has a shot from a tight angle on the right, well saved by Maldinov.
    Scramble in the Kyrgyzstan penalty area but Turkmenistan fail to get a clear sight of goal and it is cleared to touch.
    In the 29th minute, long goal kick by Lui, Azeryk wins the flick on and Alan is through on goal, but Maldinov agains makes a good save diving to his right. From the resultant corner, Turkmenistan counter attack, Atas running with the ball from the halfway line, shooting but hitting the post. However the ball rebounds off the post across the 6 yard box and Stelios is there to tap it home. 1-0.
    36th minute, Atas plays a great ball from deep on the left flank, but Stelios heads wide from 10 yards out.

HT: Turkmenistan 1 v 0 Kyrgyzstan
    Half Time Match Stats
    Half Time Player Ratings

Rossini replaces Chaoconov and Alan is replaced by Freealdinho at half time.

Freealdinho has his first shot from 25 yards, but it goes high and wide.
    Mass substitutions on both sides on around the hour mark:
    Turkmenistan - off goes Swinson, Stelios and Libertinho. Gonzalez, Ali Obeid and another comes on.
    Kyrgyzstan - Ryan and Professor Frink are the notable ones to go off. Halali comes into the mix.
    Tomaldinho and Dumats are subbed off after 70 minutes, as are Azeryk and Taphouse for Kyrgyzstan.
    Turkmenistan continue to attack but no notable chances as far as the 75th minute.
    86th minute and Bartinho's cross from the left is headed by Freealdinho, but again saved by Maldinov.
    1st minute of injury time and Atas has seemingly broken away from the defenders and bares down on the goal, but at the last moment Birkinaldo comes in with a great last ditch tackle and saves Kyrgyzstan.

FT: Turkmenistan 1 v 0 Kyrgyzstan
    Full Time Match Stats
    Kyrgyzstan Player Stats
    Turkmenistan Player Stats

MOM award goes to Maldinov which is a good call as he kept Turkmenistan in the tie. Unfortunately for Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan's defence wheld firm and didn't allow Turkmenistan that 2nd goal.

Kyrgyzstan win 2-1 on agg. and therefore win The 2007 Stanlies Cup

Part-timer

I got 45 mins in the last game, most so far......YAY

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 3rd June 2007

Livorno have made an offer of £150K for Ryan.

De Santiago is wanted by Villareal.

Maldinov is out for upto 2 weeks with a facial injury.

Athletico Madrid and Espaynol gained UEFA Cup spots at the end of the La Liga season.
    Spain - La Liga

Italy Serie B has also finished now, Albinoleffe finishing in 13th, Vicenza in 11th.
    Italy - Serie B

Up next will be everyones player screenshots, season overview and my player of the season award!!

Won't be till later in the afternoon as I'm busy now

Semi Pro

Hmmm, I question the manager's wisdom when he replaced Chaoconov at half time, who has provided several good assists in previous matches.
    Still, looked like a good match, and a bit more luck would've forced extra time.

Amateur

ARRGGH!

Amateur

Kyrgyzstan!!!

Amateur

2 full matches and 2 good performances for George Robson. Also, Kyrgyzstan won, but that was a bit predicatble wasn't it

Semi Pro
    By now, probably passed out on the floor.......

Won the first Cup! Woo! Take that Turks!

Looks like I'm finally on my way out! Thank god!

Youth Team

End of Season Review - Part 1

Kyrgyzstan Players

Zuvzonamin Lui
    Squad Role: Indispensible.

Sam Taphouse
    Wanted by Port Vale.
    Squad Role: Squad rotation.

Salman Al-Dahash
    Was tutored by Rufete, picked up 2 traits off of him and Rufete is now listed under favoured personnel.
    Squad Role: Hot prospect.

Ryan
    Currently considering a contract from Livorno.

Professor Frink
    Wanted by Hull and Swansea.

Jacariah Birkinaldo

Habib Halali

George Robson
    Currently learning from Luca Rigoni.
    Squad Role: Squad Rotation.

Freealdinho
    Wanted by Liverpoo; and Swansea.

Elfdog
    Amazingly, overnight has attracted 5 interested clubs - Blackburn, Bolton, Crewe, Liverpool and Watford. Blackburn and Bolton have both made £43k bids so far.

El Loco Bartinho

Davo
    Has 10 championship clubs after him (probably for loan deals), has Cheltenham listed as one of his favourite clubs after his loan spell there. Loan stats: 26 games, 0 goals, 8 assists, 3 MOM, 2 Yellows, Av Rat 7.19.
    Squad Role: Backup to 1st team.

Bill
    Squad Role: Important 1st term player.

Benj
    Squad Role: Hot prospect.

Azeryk

Alan
    Squad Role: Hot prospect for future.

*Note: Squad role refers to their position at their current club, not how I personally see them

More Kyrgyzstan review stuff in part 3

Youth Team

End of Season Review - part 2

Turkmenistan Players

Ulfinus Chaoconov
    Squad Status: Hot prospect.

Turkus Mendieta
    Wanted by Inter and Maritimo.

Tomaldinho
    Wanted by Empoli, Fiorentina, Livorno, Lyon and Marseille.
    Squad Status: Indispensible.

Stelios
    Squad Status: Hot Prospect.

Selim Atas
    Squad Status (At Lazio): Squad rotation.

Samaras Taraldo
    Squad status: Important 1st team player.

Roberto Rossini
    Wanted by Deportivo, Fiorentina, Liverpool, Lyon, Milan and Sevilla.
    Squad status: Indispensible.

Pablo Gonzalez
    Currently learning from Sergio Garcia.
    Squad status: Hot prospect.

Luke Swinson
    Joining Everton on 1st July.
    Squad status (At Kidderminster): Indispensible.

Libertinho
    Squad status: Indispensible.

Humphrey Koppers
    Fred Rutten (Manager of FC Twente) is now amongst his favoured personnel.

Hermandinho
    Currently learning from Andriy Husin.
    Squad status: Squad rotation.

Ghoolbi Dumats

Fabiov Maldinov
    Squad status (At Albinoleffe): Important 1st team player.

Alvaro De Santiago
    Won the European Super Cup 2006.
    Wanted by Villareal.

Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid
    Has Cheltenham listed under favourite clubs now. Loan stats at Cheltenham: 28 starts, 19 goals, 1 assist, 4 MOM, 1 yellow, Av Rat 7.21.
    Wanted by Bournemouth and Northampton.

European and International round-up to follow in part 3, along with some stats and my player of the year award

Reserves

Stanlies Cup Winners Strange though that I was brought off on 33 mins in the first match and at half time of the second, despite Pleat making me captain .

Alan looking good worth a mighty £4m too, no wonder no-one is interested .

Youth Team

End of Season Review - part 3

European Super Cup
    Winner: Sevilla
    Runner Up: Barcelona

UEFA Cup
    Winner: Feyenoord
    Runner Up: PSG

Champions League
    Winner: Bayern Munich
    Runner Up: Lyon

International Scene
    After an initial lull in the amount of fixtures to the 2 teams, both Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan have had several games so far in 2007 and with Olympic Games and possibly World Cup 2010 (yes thats right - they start em early in Asia) still to come in 2007 and into 2008 it could be a busy internationl period for the superkids.
    The 2007 Stanlies Cup was won by Kyrgyzstan 2-1 on agg, so well done to them - I'm sure Turkmenistan will be even keener in 2008 to win it back off of them.

Kyrgyzstan
    Most Caps: 3 caps - 8 players (All time record stands at 18 caps).
    Most Goals: 2 goals - Azeryk, Bill

Turkmenistan
    Most Caps: 3 caps - 12 players (All time record stands at 30 caps).
    Most Goals: 1 goal - Stelios

Current Ability - June 2007
    Spoiler

Top 3 Summary:
    1. Humphrey Koppers (Turkmenistan)
    2. Azeryk (Kyrgyzstan)
    3. Jacariah Birkinaldo (Kyrgyzstan)

Bottom 3 Summary:
    3. George Robson (Kyrgyzstan)
    2. Elfdog (Kyrgyzstan)
    1. El Loco Bartinho (Kyrgyzstan)

World Reputation
    Spoiler

Top 3 Summary:
    1. Turkus Mendieta
    2. Selim Atas
    3. Salman Al-Dahash

Bottom 3 Summary:
    3. Freealdinho
    2. Elfdog
    1. Ryan

and finally...

Walcott's Wonderkids Player of the Year 2007

After deliberating over the options, I drew up the following shortlist:
    Freealdinho - goalscoring exploits, admittedly for Torquay but still a good effort.
    Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid - Tremendous goal scoring ability at Cheltenham and score a hatful for the U23s in the Olympic qualifiers.
    Azeryk - goalscoring exploits in The Stanlies Cup winning them Kyrgyzstan the cup.

and the winner is... Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid, consisting good for club and country scoring goals at all levels. Well done to him

Don't think that just because all 3 in the shortlist were all strikers that that will always be the case, just felt they deserved a mention more than the others. De Santiago, Maldinov and Davo were close to getting in the shortlist.

Part-timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho
    Squad Role: Indispensible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

V.Impressive, the thing I find weird though is that I've played 42 times for Torquay and I haven't been fouled once.

Semi Pro

Some nice improvements in Ulfinus' abilities.
    Still a few that are a bit on the low side, but there's time.

Great first season, WW, keep it up.

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho
    Squad Role: Indispensible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

V.Impressive, the thing I find weird though is that I've played 42 times for Torquay and I haven't been fouled once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yeah just noticed that.

Also the fact that you picked up 2 red cards in the league, yet only committed 5 fouls! You have aggression of 17 and tackling of 2, probably just means that you tackle like Paul Scholes!

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 10th June 2007

Ryan has agreed terms with Livorno and will join them on July 1st.

Elfdog is now considering an offer from Watford as well as Blackburn and Bolton. He later accepts the Watford offer and will join them also on July 1st.

Villareal have made a £650k bid for Alvaro De Santiago. That got rejected, so they have improved the offer to £775k. He is also attracting interest from Liverpool, Inter and Valencia.

West Ham have sacked manager Alan Curbishley.

Youth Team

Week ending 17th June 2007

Sevilla have accepted the higher offer by Villareal for De Santiago.

Fiorentina, Messina and Lazio have made a £64k bid for Tomaldinho at Casa Pia.

Samaras Taraldo is considering his options at Rubin, which is quite timely as CSKA Moscow have just shown some interest in the lad.

West Ham appoint Mark Hughes as manager, Blackburn are nowing looking for a new boss.

World Rankings update:

Kyrgyzstan = 125th
    Turkmenistan = 160th

The Stanlies Cup games don't seem to have made any impact on their positions yet.

For those of you wondering where Player Cam has gone, it is taking a timely breather over the summer, but may be back next month (depending on whether Dumats starts playing some games or not for Amkar).

Reserves
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

de santiago to inter please

Youth Team

Week ending 24th June 2007

Lyon become the 4th club to bid for Tomaldinho.

CSKA Moscow have made a £1.4m bid for Rubin's Samaras Taraldo, which has been accepted by both club and player. He will join them on the 1st July.

De Santiago has accepted Villareal's offer and will join them on July 1st.

Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted.

AC Milan has made a £375k offer for Roberto Rossini.

Maldinov has returned to Fiorentina after his loan spell.

George Robson is out for 1-3 weeks with concussion.

Benj is out for a couple of days with concussion.

Amateur

Good work WW! I'm impressed by all the work and statistics etc you're keeping!

By the way, not knowing anything about player editing etc, what exactly does player ability mean? Is that simply the sum of all attributes, including the hidden stats?

Amateur

Very good update! Injured atm, but at least I'm on rotation and I made a couple of good appearances for the reserves.

Part-timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league!

Part-timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league!

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:
    Good work WW! I'm impressed by all the work and statistics etc you're keeping!

By the way, not knowing anything about player editing etc, what exactly does player ability mean? Is that simply the sum of all attributes, including the hidden stats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the player ability score (current player ability in this case) is just a marker for how good a player is relative to everyone else in the game.

How precisely it is worked out I don't have a clue - SI have probably dreamt up some huge formula to calcylate it. However, I would imagine it takes into account all the hidden stats as well as the visible ones, as well as factoring in things such as age etc.

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say that if Freealdinho is playing regularly this coming season there is a good chance that he will be selected for player cam

In the 1st season I could only really pick players who were actually playing regularly for their clubs. This season as everyone should be playing a lot more, I can be more selective about who I choose, but far be it for me to say that the more regular posters to this thread may have a slightly greater chance of their players getting selected for player cam

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday July 1st

Newcastle Utd also made a £550k bid for Freealdinho

Tomaldinho has accepted the contract offer from Lazio and has moved there from Casa Pia for £63k.

El Loco Bartinho rejects a new contract offer from Manisaspor, he didn't want to take a wage cut.

Everton sign Luke Swinson.

CSKA Moscow sign Samaras Taraldo.

Livorno sign Ryan.

Watford sign Elfdog.

Villareal sign Alvaro De Santiago, who says he can't wait to break into the 1st team setup (lets hope sooner rather than later ).

Liverpool, who's initial bid for Freealdinho was rejected, have slightly upped their offer to £600k.

Stelios is wanted by Wigan.

Ali Obeid is now wanted Northampton, Yeovil and Lille.

Koppers is wanted by AC Milan.

Bill is wanted by Lille.

Alan is wanted by Athletico Madrid.

Amateur

WOO HOO, here we come Watford. Maybe, just maybe I can get healthy and do something to improve my dismal rankings, but wait, was injured and played for who again, Redditch, that couldnt have been good for my world rep, lol.

Awesome game so far man, loving it.

Amateur

i will never get out of nz

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Koppers is wanted by AC Milan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oh my god!
    A big step for a small turkmeni boy
    Please, please Milan, make your move.
    Let Koppers be the new Maldini.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 8th July 2007

Liverpool have had a bid of £360k accepted for Vittoria's Roberto Rossini. However, he rejects the offer and signs for AC Milan.

Pescara (Serie B) have made a season long loan offer for Fabiov Maldinov which has been accepted..

Jacariah Birkinaldo is attracting interest from Stoke.

Salman Al-Dahash is wanted by Fulham.

Ipswish are now showing interest in Professor Frink (as well as Hull). The only ones to make a bid so far though are Sunderland with an offer of £725k.

After Lille announced their interest in Bill, Belenenses' manager has gone on record saying that he could be sold if they receive an offer too good to refuse.

It appears Torquay have rejected the offers from Newcastle and Liverpool for Freealdinho, but the offer from Swansea is still on the table.

Locomotive Moscow's manager has praised CSKA's Samaras Taraldo after a stirling performance (rating 10) in their recent encounter. Taraldo accepts the praise in a positive manner.

Player Cam is back after its little breather, with Dumats of Amkar kicking off the new series.

Player Cam Match Report
    Sat 6th July: Khimki (16th) v (14th) Amkar - league match

Ghoolbi Dumats is on the bench for this game. Amkar line up in a 3-5-2 formation.

Very very dull first half, only 2 shots between both teams.
    HT: Khimki 0 v 0 Amkar

With one of the 1st shots on target in the whole game, Khimki take the lead in the 76th minute.
    Amkar change to a 3-4-3 formation in response and it works as Amkar win a penalty in the 80th minute which is duly dispatched.
    Dumats Intro
    Dumats is then brought on at left back for the alst 10 minutes as Amkar go to a 4-2-4 formation.
    Nothing exciting happened in the last 10 minutes.
    FT: Khimki 1 v 1 Amkar
    Full Time Amkar Stats

Reserves

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan is wanted by Athletico Madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad, don't think Sevilla would let me go though.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 15th July 2007

Azeryk has turned down a new contract with Middlesbrough, he wants bigger bonuses.

Lui has penned a new deal with Qingdao.

Ipswich have made an offer of £925k for Professor Frink.

Torino are now also interested in Koppers. However, FC Twente's manager has said that Koppers is going nowhere.

Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One).

Bill has dislocated his shoulder and will be out for 2 months. Bill rejects a new contract offer from Belenenses. Calgari have also become interested in him.

Player Cam Match Report
    Sat 14th July: Amkar (15th) v (7th) Torpedo Moscow - league match

Dumats again starts on the bench.

Amkar take a deserved lead after 38th with their centre mid tapping into an unguarded net after good work by Amkar's striker.
    HT: Amkar 1 v 0 Torpedo Moscow

Dumats Intro
    Dumats replaces one of Amkar's strikers after 54 minutes as Amkar switch to a 4-5-1 formation.
    Dumats starts a move around the hour mark that leads to an Amkar penalty, which is converted. 2-0.
    Torpedo pull one back with 5 minutes to go, one of their players being quickest to a rebound from a freekick.
    FT: Amkar 2 v 1 Torpedo Moscow
    Full Time Amkar Stats

Dumats didn't really do a lot, as his stats suggest.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 22nd July 2007

Maldinov will join Pescara on a season long loan deal.

Koppers has publicly announced that the pressure of interest from other clubs is getting to him. FC Twente have now announced that they do not wish to sell him. However, that hasn't stopped Chelsea and Lazio putting in £4m bids for the him. Man Utd, PSV, Milan and Bayern Munich are also interested in him.

Sheff Wed are interested in Habib Halali.

Taphouse has rejected a new Man City contract, wanting bigger bonus payments.

Stelios has rejected a new Middlesbrough contract, wanting a bigger wage and bonus payments.

World Rankings - July 2007

After a really quiet month in June when hardly any countries moved up or down, this month everything went beserk!! There were several countries around the world moving up 40 or 50 places! The biggest rise went to Malaysia, who climbed a ridiculous 57 places in one month to go to 95th in the world.

Kyrgyzstan up 5 places to 120th.
    Turkmenistan up 17 places to 143rd.

This gave me an idea of seeing where the 5 other 'stans' are in the world at the moment:
    1. Uzbekistan 45th
    2. Kazakhstan 101st
    3. Kyrgyzstan 120th
    4. Tajikistan 127th
    5. Turkmenistan 143rd
    6. Pakistan 158th
    7. Afghanistan 175th

So still a long way to go before either team can be crowned best 'stan' in the world.

Player Cam report on Dumats from Sat will follow.

Youth Team

Player Cam Match Report
    Sat 23rd July: Dinamo Moscow (4th) v (14th) Amkar - league match

Dumats starts on what appears to be his favoured position of late - the bench

12 minutes in and Amkar score with the first shot of the game, a belter from 20 yards.
    Dinamo pin Amkar back into their own half, but on 29 minutes with virtually everyone in the Amkar penalty area, the ball is cleared to the half way line where a Dinamo defender massively underhits a pass back to the keeper and its all to easy for the Amkar striker who gets to the ball first and slots it away.

HT: Dinamo Moscow 0 v 2 Amkar
    Dumats Intro
    Dumats comes on at half time for an injured striker as Amkar go into their 4-5-1 formation.

Surprisingly, Dinamo offered nothing in the second half and a couple of good challenges by Dumats sums up Amkar's defence in this game - solid.
    FT: Dinamo Moscow 0 v 2 Amkar
    Full Time Amkar Stats

Part-timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swansea it is then, I take it that the transfer will go through on 1st July.
    Did you make league 1 playable? (Freealdinho on player cam )

Youth Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swansea it is then, I take it that the transfer will go through on 1st July.
    Did you make league 1 playable? (Freealdinho on player cam ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The transfer has gone through and yes League One is playable.

As for player cam - you'll have to wait and see

Youth Team

Week ending 31st July 2007

Pablo Gonzalez has interest from Lyon.

Lyon have also declared an interest in Alan.

Selim Atas has rejected a new contract with Athletico Madrid, demanding a bigger appearance bonus.

After having their initial offer rejected, Chelsea have made a new offer of £4.9m for Koppers which has been accepted.

Robson has signed a new contract with Vicenza till June 2010.

Zenith St Petersburg have had an £850k offer for Dumats accepted.

Swansea have come in with a £1m offer for Professor Frink.

Player Cam - Dumats was an unused sub as Amkar drew 0-0 at home to FC Moscow.

Asian Cup 2007
    Although neither of the 2 teams were present, I thought I would keep you informed of the results from the knockout stage:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Quarter Finals
    Bahrain 1 v 4 South Korea
    Qatar 1 v 2 Japan
    Iran 1 v 2 China
    Saudi Arabia 2 v 0 Australia

Semi Finals
    South Korea v China
    Japan v Saudi Arabia
    </pre>

Player Cam for the month of August will follow... Elfdog at Watford.

and finally...

World Cup 2010 Qualifying
    The 1st qualifying round has been made and is a 2 legged tie played at the start of December:

Kyrgyzstan v Nepal

Turkmenistan go straight into the 2nd round.

Part-Timer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Zenith St Petersburg have had an £850k offer for Dumats accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice, that's one of the bigger Russian teams

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After having their initial offer rejected, Chelsea have made a new offer of £4.9m for Koppers which has been accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is very exciting
    Chelski huh. Is Koppers going to give Cashley Cole a run for his place in the starting eleven?

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 5th August 2007

Dumats has agreed terms with Zenith petersburg and has moved there for a fee of £675k. He claims he can't wait for his debut at his new team.

Koppers has agreed terms with Chelsea and has joined for an initial fee of £3.9m.

Birkinaldo has signed a new contract with Tranmere.

Vitesse have made a £1m offer for Professor Frink. However, he actually signs a new contract with Bournemouth meaning that he will probably be going nowhere in the short term.

Frosinone have made an offer to loan Tomaldinho till the end of the season.

Alan has rejected the offer of a new contract from Sevilla, wanting higher bonuses.

The boss of Zaragoza has said that he will let Gonzalez go if he receives a good offer for the player. With Lyon interested in him, it may not be long before he moves on.

Asian Cup 2007

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Semi Finals
    South Korea 2 v 1 China
    Japan 1 v 2 Saudi Arabia

Final
    South Korea 2 v 1 Saudi Arabia
    </pre>

South Korea has won the Asia Cup 2007.

Earlier in the summer, Brazil won the Copa America 2007, beating Chile 3-0 in the final.

Amateur

Lyon eh! looks like i'll be sampling the delights of french reserve football rather than spanish reserve.

Updates promt and superb as usual kutgw

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vitesse have made a £1m offer for Professor Frink. However, he actually signs a new contract with Bournemouth meaning that he will probably be going nowhere in the short term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why O Why did I have to sign a new contract with a league 2 team.

Amateur

I have to say I didn't expect Koppers to progress that soon. Already with Chelsea.

The best thing with this is that you can have a lot of fun with the sign up also as a leftback

Looking forward to see how the first season at Chelsea will be.
    And hopefully Koppers will be picked for the national team!

Great work and super updates.
    Well done WW.

Youth Team

Week ending Sunday 12th August 2007

Wigan manager Paul Jewell has said that he is looking into acquiring the services of Ali Obeid. However West Ham manager Mark Hughes has said he is not looking to sell Ali Obeid. Notts Forest have made a 5 month loan offer for him.

Wolves, QPR, Portsmouth, Notts Forest, Norwich and Preston all made offers to loan Davo for 5 months. He decided to join Norwich.

Albinoleffe, Bologna, Livorno, Empoli, Genoa and Reggina have made loan offers til the end of the season for AC Milan's Rossini.

Ancona have made a loan offer for Tomaldinho till the end of the season, which has been accepted by Lazio.

Crystal Palace and Vitesse have not been put off by Frink signing a new contract at Bournemouth and have both made an offer of £975k for him. Bournemouth accept these 2 offers. Newcastle have also made an offer of £675k.

Koppers has already made his debut for Chelsea. He came on in the 2nd half of Chelsea's Champs League 3rd round Qual 1st leg at home to NK Dinamo. Chelsea won 3-0.

Youth Team

Player Cam Match Report
    Sun 19th Aug: Tottenham v Watford - league match

Despite playing the vast majority of the pre-season friendlies (hence why picked for player cam), Elfdog is relegated to the bench for the 1st game of the season.

Lee, the Watford goalie passes the ball straight to Tim Cahill, who slots it right back passed him. Elfdog looks on with despair. 5 minutes gone, 0-1.
    5 minutes later, Cahill grabs his second on his debut for Spurs. 0-2.
    Its a third for spurs just before the half hour as Lennon feeds Berbatov.

HT: Tottenham 3 v 0 Watford
    Spurs have had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals. If only Elfdog was in goal. The Watford GK is on 5 at the moment.

Berbatov hits the post after 65 minutes.
    Berbatov makes it 0-4 in injury time running onto a long ball. The commentator even says the Watford GK has had a torrid day.
    FT: Tottenham 4 v 0 Watford

Watford's GK ends with a rating of 4. Get Elfdog in goal for the next match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast