432 million pound!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a bit unrealistic? Nobody would take over a mid-table SPL club and give them that sort of cash...

I guess you have a point but football is getting a little wierd with all these billionaires around :D

I imagine it would be somewhat of a challenge to actually spend even a fraction of that even if it did happen! (Without paying way over the odds for players just for the sake of spending money obviously!). The type of players who would want to go and play for Hibernian are unlikely to cost more than a couple of million anyway.

I imagine it would be somewhat of a challenge to actually spend even a fraction of that even if it did happen! (Without paying way over the odds for players just for the sake of spending money obviously!). The type of players who would want to go and play for Hibernian are unlikely to cost more than a couple of million anyway.

Thats my point, i would have 400 million sitting in the bank for no reason....really unrealistic.

Well...it depends how it was worked. If he says he is making it available for transfers that may just mean that he finances those transfers as and when you buy the players. In that case you could have a bank balance of £2 million and transfer budget of £432 million so long as the chairman puts the money into the club when a transfer fee needs to be paid.

What the hell is this about? Surely a bug?

432million640.jpg

LOL!!! Maybe Vlad would finally have to put money into Hearts!!!

I've not read the whole thread yet, couldnt stop laughing at that first post!

If you havent said already - please let us know if this comes off!

Personal Message to Meeko.....bring on Jan 3rd and 7th! lol

I doubt I'd do any better with that kind of cash than without it anyway (well...obviously if it is compared to £0 transfer funds I would, but not a very modest transfer budget like a couple of million). My past experiences of having lots of money to spend (many seasons into the Premiership in FM07 at Derby County) show me to be totally inept in the transfer market when money is no object.

When I was building the squad from peanuts I was very shrewd in my signings and progressed nicely, but once we were rolling in cash I spent £49 million on a left-back (he was good, but not that good!) and bought various other expensive players who I didn't use, inc a midfielder for £20 million who played something like 10 games in 3 years before being released n a free!

I have a large transfer budget, not 9 figures like this, but £55m, however I didn't really need to buy anyone new - the players were the same or better than in my title winning season and Arsenal just had Wenger retire, with no changes we'd still be most likely to win the title.

I did find myself buying more youngsters though. Still have lots left though, just save it up if ya don't need it! Don't spend big just cos you can.

I'd use scouts or player search function personally, but if you really want advice you should head for the Good Players forum rather than have people suggest them here.

I like reading about Hibs, but don't especially want a whole load of player names thrown at me in case I ever manage them in FM09...mind you, if a takeover like this is a regular event (across many different saves of people's Hibs' games) I might not bother as it would take away a lot of my fun I think!

I had a takeover at ManU at the end of Season 1, which was great with their debt ;) It is one of the nicest things that can possibly happen in FM I think ;) worked for me and am glad to see that others get to experience that joy as well.

My takeover was by a swiss businessman

challenge? no way... not with that much cash...

If you mean fun then yes I think it would be fun having that much money (although not a lot of players would want to go to scotland)

thats why it will be challenge because the top players dont wanna play in scotland but the board will still want ya to win the league and do well in europe.

Archived