players 2nd nationality (SI input appreciated)

I've got a couple of players who see no need to adopt a 2nd nationality, is there any way to convince them to take up the offer?

I have one or two players (lassana Diarra for eg) who could take up UK nationality and make selecting my CL squad a hell of a lot easier.

If not, will SI look into the option of asking a player to do this...maybe the carrot of being in the CL squad would persuade them. I am sure that a real life manager would preasure any player he could into this to make his CL selection easier.

I've got a couple of players who see no need to adopt a 2nd nationality, is there any way to convince them to take up the offer?

I have one or two players (lassana Diarra for eg) who could take up UK nationality and make selecting my CL squad a hell of a lot easier.

If not, will SI look into the option of asking a player to do this...maybe the carrot of being in the CL squad would persuade them. I am sure that a real life manager would preasure any player he could into this to make his CL selection easier.

Out of interest, how would it make the CL squad selection easier?

Home grown players need to be trained from a young age in the country you are playing in, not just be that nationality

Yeah that was what i was thinking. If your playing in England for example, players with EU nationality don't gain any advantage from gaining British nationality. So using Diarra as an example, he has no incentive to get another nationality.

However, for non-EU players the British nationality would prevent the need for a work permit and therefore give benefits. So if the game is not making these players gain the extra nationality when possible, then there would be a requirement for a 'ask player to take nationality' option.

And for the A League (with a limit on foreign players) having this option would be great (with the increasing number of Brazilians playing). Daniel has now taken New Zealand as his nationality, and it would be nice to be able to ask others who are up for nationality to go down the same path.

Archived