Some quick advice needed on buying 2009

Hello all, I have been away from fm for about a year as I lost interest in fm08 almost straight away, but I got the bug creeping back in lol. Been browsing the forums and need help on two things. Firstly can my laptop play the game, just looked in my spec and apparently I have 2G of DDR RAM and 2 proccessers @ 1.6ghz, cant find anything on the graphics card but its about a year and a half old if that helps and cost a grand so I am hoping its ok.

Second thing is, do I still have to buy a disc from a store and then activate a key online and download a patch or can I pay online and download the whole thing withouit having to leave my house!!

I am not at work tonight and once the little boy is off to bed at at 6 its game on!!

If I get the good news on the spec I will be sorting out my first signings for the hammers and staff this afternoon

Thanks

Cheers for the replies, will give it a go, any ideas on how long to download? I have a measly 2meg broadband with virgin at the moment. I have played fm for years, will I be able to pick up 2009 as I go along or is the no instruction booklet going to cause bother? Dont normally read them to be honest but dont want to miss out on something vital lol

thanks guys, got it loaded no probs via steam as yet not had to enter any product key though but its been added to the clipboard.

Do I have to leave steam running when I play? I usually turn off the internet connection is that going to bugger up my game?

It says I am playing version 9.1.0 is this the version with the patch or do I have to download that aswell?

Thanks again for your help

thanks guys, got it loaded no probs via steam as yet not had to enter any product key though but its been added to the clipboard.

Do I have to leave steam running when I play? I usually turn off the internet connection is that going to bugger up my game?

It says I am playing version 9.1.0 is this the version with the patch or do I have to download that aswell?

Thanks again for your help

You don't have to have Steam running to launch FM, just create a shortcut on your desktop (or wherever) and point it at the FM executable, which should be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe

You don't need to download the patch, Steam does it for you - you've got the latest version already (9.1.0). If and when a new patch comes out, Steam will download and apply it for you next time you fire it up (Steam, not FM).

Archived