Player/coach contract question

I am playing as Welling in the Conference South, and am only supposed to have 1 coach plus the AssMan. So I thought I would try and work around it by offering player/coach contracts , but again these were turned down as the Board only feels that one coach is necessary.

In all fairness I am not too upset, as the personel in question were rubbish players and would have in effect been mainly coaches, and reserve team stalwarts.

However, I am now worried that if I find a good player who can coach, will the board also prevent me from signing him on a player/coach basis, or was it the 'backup status' for obviously rubbish players that the board spotted and therefore blocked the previous offers? If the board do block player/coach deals for squad rotation or higher in this scenario, this needs looking at.

I also want to encourage a couple of my older players to become coaches, but would I not be allowed to offer them player/coach contract extensions for the same reasons? Again, if I can get a player/coach for the same costs as him being a player only, surely I should be allowed to do this?

However' date=' I am now worried that if I find a good player who can coach, will the board also prevent me from signing him on a player/coach basis[/quote']

Yes they will.

You can offer him just a playing contract first and when he is at your club offer him a player/coach contract and the board won't do anything.

Archived