Download the database from:

sorry, the FileFront file isn't ready yet

or

MediaFire

To download the database:

1. Open the link above

2. Press the 'Download Now' button, above the information

3. When the option box appears, select 'save'

4. Save the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, db, (database file here).

5. Wait for the file to download fully.

6. When the file has downloaded fully, go into the file location.

7. From here, right click on the file

8. Select ‘Extract all files here’ (May be slightly different depending on PC)

9. You can then select the database to use, and start a new game as usual from the Football Manager opening screen. Remember to select the database ‘Harpenden’.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Life Information

Harpenden Town Football Club is a football club based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. It was established in 1891 and was the founding member of the Herts County League in 1898. Harpenden Town play their home matches at Rothampsted Park. Harpenden Town is nicknamed 'The Harps', and the chairman of Harpenden Town is Kelvin Gregory. Kelvin took charge at the club in Summer 2008, buying the club from previous chairman Brian Hicks. They are currently playing in the Spartan South Midlands League. The manager of The Harps is Christian Garzarolli Jr..

The Harpenden Shortlist and Loading Up Nations

I feel the lack of attention in the Football Manager 2008 version for Harpenden Town was the fact people found finding players too difficult. So for the 2009 version for Harpenden Town I bring you the Football Manager 2009 Shortlist!

Download the shortlist from:

or

To download the shortlist

1. Open one of the links above

4. Save the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, shortlists, (save file here). You may need to create the 'shortlists' folder.

7. Load up your Harpenden Town save game

8. Go to your shortlist in the game

9. Go to the drop down box 'Shortlists' in the bottom right corner

10. Select 'Import Shortlist'

11. Choose to open 'Harpenden Players 9.3.0' from the names of shortlists that appear

12. The Harpenden Town shortlist should appear.

The majority of the players on the shortlist are Reunionese(Reunion), but there are also a lot of good players from France, Holland, Romania or Poland. I would recommend that you load all players from these four countries. The only leagues you need loaded are English, from the Blue Square North/South and above, although you may wish to load up more than this.

Other nations that are good to load include:

Eastern Block Countries such as Sweden and Finland

Brazil

Argentina

Italy

Spain

Germany

Plus any countries that you think you may like to manage in in the future.

Of course there may be some countries not mentioned above that you may wish to include. But like said, the countries you need to load all players from are France, Holland, Poland, Reunion and Romania.

Football Manager Information

General Information

On the save file, Harpenden Town have been moved to the Conference South. Their bank balance is about £32,000, but as they are an amateur club they have not transfer or wage budget so the balance will more than likely go straight up. Their stadium is as real life, Rothampsted Park, which for realism has been expanded to have a capacity of 110. Out of these just 30 are for seated places. If you manage to lead The Harps up the leagues there is a chance Rothampsted Park may get expanded, to a maximum of 80,000 capacity.

Players

Harpenden Town have just one player, Ben Harper. Born on the 15th July 1993 he starts the game at the tender age of 14. Harper is on an amateur contract like all Harpenden players will be. As soon as you achieve part-time status it would be a wise move to tie him down, as he could be key to your future. There are two challenges with Ben. Firstly you will need to try and develop him the best you can. But even if you can do that, will you be able to keep the big boys away? Below are Ben Harper’s CA and PA, look if you wish but please don’t talk about these in the thread without using spoiler tags.

Other than Harper there are only youth players in the squad. These youth players start in the First Team Squad. There are two members of staff - an assistant manager named Tom Langley, a coach called Stuart Addis, and a physio who is likely to be popular with the lads in the team, Kelly Johnson. Depending on your settings when starting the game you could also have a scout, who will be low quality. Langley, Schofield and Johnson could all be very useful to you. There is no manager, so you will be the first in Harpenden Town’s Football Manager history!

Rivals

Harpenden's major rival is St. Albans City. They have similar status’, and fans of both clubs hope that your team can prevail over the local rivals. Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead are also rivals of The Harps, although this is minor compared to that of St. Albans and Harpenden.

Affiliations

To make this more of a challenge, there is no parent club. Players seem more willing to join on loan on this game, which can lead to you getting some great players from parent clubs. Because of this I have decided not to affiliate Watford with The Harps. The only affiliation is with Harpenden Rovers, a team struggling in lower league England. The Harps can send players to Rovers, they have first option on Rovers' players and there will be an annual friendly. Bar the friendly I doubt this will be used, as it is unlikely that Rovers' players would be good enough for you or your players would want to go on loan to Harpenden Rovers.

Kits

The kits have been designed and made with help from many people on these forums, so thanks to everyone who helped. Here are the 3 kits. The yellow and blue kit is the home kit, with the traditional Harpenden colours. The blue and white kit is the away kit, and the red, yellow and black kit being used as the 3rd kit. Like I said, full credit to manumoss for making the kits.

threekits-1.png

Download the kits from:

or

To download the kits

1. Open one of the links above

4. Save the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, graphics, kits, (save file here)

7. From here, right click on the file

8. Select ‘Extract all files here’ (May be slightly different depending on PC)

9. Go onto the Football Manager 2009 title screen

10. Go into the preferences’ screen

11. Go into ‘Display & Sound’ on the options bar

12. Untick ‘Use Skin Cache’, but Tick ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’. Lastly, make sure that ‘Show Badges/Logos’ is ticked

13. Press confirm, and it should say ‘Loading image data for new skin’

14. Start your Harpenden Town game, and the kits should be in your game

To see what the kits look like in the game, using the normal Football Manager 2009 skin, click .

Badge

Download the badges from:

or

To download the badge

1-3. Follow the same instructions for the kits

4. Save the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, graphics, badges, (save file here)

5-14. Follow the same instructions for the kits

To see what the badge looks like in the game, using the normal Football Manager 2009 skin, click

The Targets and the Fun of a Harpenden Town game

The main aim of the game is to get yourself towards world domination, eventually becoming the best team in England (Premier League), Europe (Champions League), and the World (Club World Championships). This will be done by shrewed business in the transfer window, and selecting a good squad. Becoming the champions of your respective league is another challenge. The fun of the game is managing a team from the lowest leagues possible, and making them a world force, signing and losing many players along the way. Obviously, moving a team from the bottom leagues proves much satisfaction, looking back at the history of Harpenden Town will be a very satisfying sight.

And finally...

Hopefully this thread can become very popular, with many people choosing to attempt to bring Harpenden Town to the top.

If all goes to plan the Harpenden Town thread will become very helpful and friendly, and I reckon this is achievable.

It's time to test your managerial skills. It's time to become a club legend. It's Harpenden Town time!

Good Luck as The Harps!

Notes

To post screenshots in this thread

1. While in FM, press the 'Print Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com

Personally I prefer photobucket, but you will have to make an account.

5. Post the direct URL to the image on this thread. Please refrain from posting images directly onto this page, as it becomes very untidy. Thanks.

fmwiki page

Harpenden Town now have a page on www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk! Check out the page here.

Be in a future game!

Would you like to be in a future release of Harpenden Town? Play regularly and you may be asked if you would like to be a member of the board in a future release!

Broken Links

Due to some files having very large sizes, some files (especially the database) may get deleted from the sites. If you see that a file is not avalible let me know and I will reupload it as soon as possible.

Changes

There are several changes that I have made to this database, and I understand that you may want to know some of these. Because of this I have decided to make a change list. The file below contains two files, one is the main changes list and the other is a change list that contains spoilers. Please do not discuss the spoiler changelist in this thread, some people may not want to know it.

Download the change list from:

FileFront

or

MediaFire

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A message to the person who made that:

Could you do that for me with Harrogate Railway please

you can search them on fm09 and they come up but there in the unibond i think :)

You can easily do it yourself mate. It dont take too long.

A message to the person who made that:

Could you do that for me with Harrogate Railway please

you can search them on fm09 and they come up but there in the unibond i think :)

I won't have time to make it for a little bit, I'm at school all through the week so I won't have time to make one. But it doesn't take too long. You should try and make one yourself, make it how you like a game:)

P.S. Histon:P

Craig, look at this:

The majority of the players on the shortlist are French(France), Dutch(Holland), Polish(Poland) or Reunionese(Reunion), so I would recommend that you load all players from these four countries. The only leagues you need loaded are English, from the Blue Square North/South and above.

Other nations that are good to load include:

Scandinavian Countries such as Sweden and Finland

Romania

Brazil

Argentina

Italy

Spain

Germany

Plus any countries that you think you may like to manage in in the future.

Of course there may be some countries not mentioned above that you may wish to include. But like said, the countries you need to load all players from are France, Holland, Poland and Reunion.

Guys.

Willy Robert is amazing! He is a must sign, Defo! He's even Low L1 and L2 qual.

Played - 6, Scored - 13, MOM - 4, Assist - 2.

I signed him on my first practice game, the one I made the shortlist - FB player!

Scored for me in the 1-1 draw v Watford!

BTW, try for David Blackmore on loan from West Ham, he may join.

I don't know why but loans seem to join more this year, even with a lower rep...

Archived