Regen's - Pre-Programmed or Random?

It's come to light that, Regenerated players are far from random, as we are led to believe. In my understanding, a regen gets "born" at random on the opening day of each new season (19th June for N. Ireland), with randomly picked PA/CA determined on National Rep, and a Random name pulled from a hat of names belonging to that nation. (I.E - England may see a lot of Smiths, Browns, Johns and Steves)

But currently, I have to argue this.

I'm currently playing Gundo's Challenge, I'm sure you know what its about, and there a few of us managing in N. Ireland. One user on the thread had a phenomenal forward named Ben Kenney, who was english. (Born 1994).

Many years into my game, I signed a young promising striker, english, named Ben Kenney. Being English and with the same name i thought coincidental. Until I noticed the actual D.O.B

Ben Kenney 1 - D.O.B = 21.2.1994

Ben Kenney 2 - D.O.B = 21.2.2003

Amazing. I thought, what a massive coincidence, left it there, and thought nothing more of it. Until today.

It turns out, ANOTHER user has ANOTHER Ben Kenney with the D.O.B @ 21.2.1993

They are all "Regens". They are all different save games. But they are all the very same player.

This leads me to believe, how random are the "random" regens?

How many others on this forum have a Ben Kenney of their own born on the 21st of Feb in any particular year,

and how long are SI going to pull the wool over our eyes on this matter? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ben Kenney 1 (Belonging to Annihilator)

Ben Kenney 2 (Belonging to bnek)

Ben Kenney 3 (Belonging to NepentheZ

Coincidence? I think not.

It's come to light that, Regenerated players are far from random, as we are led to believe. In my understanding, a regen gets "born" at random on the opening day of each new season (19th June for N. Ireland), with randomly picked PA/CA determined on National Rep, and a Random name pulled from a hat of names belonging to that nation. (I.E - England may see a lot of Smiths, Browns, Johns and Steves)

But currently, I have to argue this.

I'm currently playing Gundo's Challenge, I'm sure you know what its about, and there a few of us managing in N. Ireland. One user on the thread had a phenomenal forward named Ben Kenney, who was english. (Born 1994).

Many years into my game, I signed a young promising striker, english, named Ben Kenney. Being English and with the same name i thought coincidental. Until I noticed the actual D.O.B

Ben Kenney 1 - D.O.B = 21.2.1994

Ben Kenney 2 - D.O.B = 21.2.2003

Amazing. I thought, what a massive coincidence, left it there, and thought nothing more of it. Until today.

It turns out, ANOTHER user has ANOTHER Ben Kenney with the D.O.B @ 21.2.1993

They are all "Regens". They are all different save games. But they are all the very same player.

This leads me to believe, how random are the "random" regens?

How many others on this forum have a Ben Kenney of their own born on the 21st of Feb in any particular year,

and how long are SI going to pull the wool over our eyes on this matter? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ben Kenney 1 (Belonging to Annihilator)

Ben Kenney 2 (Belonging to bnek)

Ben Kenney 3 (Belonging to NepentheZ

Coincidence? I think not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

I personally think Ben Kenney will appear on anyones game so long as it is a long-term career game. I'm in 2024 and he's 23 IIRC. I reckon you must be 10+ seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Annihilators Ben Kenney was borin in 1994, meaning it would be around the 2010 mark when he was introduced into that save game.

iacovone, also D.O.B @ 21.2, and also an attacking player.

Interesting but it doesn't really prove anything. The 4th one doesn't count either as his DOB is different, so thats very easily coincidental. The other three are suspect. It still maybe a coincidence though. Maybe its a problem with DOB not being entirely random?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Interesting but it doesn't really prove anything. The 4th one doesn't count either as his DOB is different, so thats very easily coincidental. The other three are suspect. It still maybe a coincidence though. Maybe its a problem with DOB not being entirely random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not different. You must have looked at the contract expiry date. 21.2.2003 for the 4th.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grecian_03:

I found one on my game too, 21/2/91 icon_confused.gif

He's rotting in Warrington reserves and a goalie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please upload a screenie!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Interesting but it doesn't really prove anything. The 4th one doesn't count either as his DOB is different, so thats very easily coincidental. The other three are suspect. It still maybe a coincidence though. Maybe its a problem with DOB not being entirely random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not different. You must have looked at the contract expiry date. 21.2.2003 for the 4th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, my bad. Was looking at the wrong date icon_rolleyes.gif

You're onto something here. The next step is to choose another regen at random and see if the same pattern occurs. I too have a Ben Kenney bvorn on the same date.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by masteR+_+:

Probably the random function used within FM uses the in-game date as a seed... nothing wrong with that, imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean, regarding player names that is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

It's not different. You must have looked at the contract expiry date. 21.2.2003 for the 4th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, my bad. Was looking at the wrong date icon_rolleyes.gif

You're onto something here. The next step is to choose another regen at random and see if the same pattern occurs. I too have a Ben Kenney bvorn on the same date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to upload a screenshot? icon_smile.gif

Ben Kenney is a tester at SI

There are a few testers that are regenerated in the game depending on which leagues you have running, in total there about 15 or so

The testers were asked if they wanted to be in the game as possible future regens and their details were taken. Among the details were name, D.O.B, nationality, favourite team.

If you look at all the Ben Kenneys in the game you should find his favourite team is Tottenham

All other newgens are generated differently is different games

What about their abilities? There's one more guy who appears in various games, with a rather complicated asian name - his initials are S.S. and he always turns out to be one of the best players in the world. Ben Kenney also seems to be a minor star in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

Ben Kenney is a tester at SI

There are a few testers that are regenerated in the game depending on which leagues you have running, in total there about 15 or so

The testers were asked if they wanted to be in the game as possible future regens and their details were taken. Among the details were name, D.O.B, nationality, favourite team.

If you look at all the Ben Kenneys in the game you should find his favourite team is Tottenham

All other newgens are generated differently is different games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

An improved "face in the game" then.

if you look in the credits there should be a few people from the SI Testing team that are in various games

I'd advise you to sign me but it seems everytime i'm generated im a crap reserve goalkeeper icon_frown.gif

search for Gordon Dunbar, my favourite team will be Rangers icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

if you look in the credits there should be a few people from the SI Testing team that are in various games

I'd advise you to sign me but it seems everytime i'm generated im a crap reserve goalkeeper icon_frown.gif

search for Gordon Dunbar, my favourite team will be Rangers icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I guess that explains everything. Amazing how Ben Kenney finds his way into a lot of User controlled teams.!

Also, Gudge, as your here, what is the file I can amend to make myself one of these future regens? Cheers.

search for Gordon Dunbar, my favourite team will be Rangers icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found you except your a crap centreback in my save. No offense Gudge. icon_biggrin.gif

A bit better than a crap reserve goalie in my game. icon_smile.gif

I honestly think we need a thread dedicated to this icon_smile.gif

Gordon, you look good for B'burn there.!

Do you happen to know all of the SI Members that signed up for this? I would search for all of them, but some may not have been created yet, and you be buggered if i'm searching 300 people a season icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, Gudge, as your here, what is the file I can amend to make myself one of these future regens? Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, there isn't a file that can be edited

Seems like you're quite good on my game Gudge. As a Centre Back and playing for Rangers, you've had a mighty fine career!

Ok, last one for now, i promise.

In my game, "Luke Warrington" the test, plays for......Warrington

You couldn't make this up.!

Screenie to come later.

Gudge, thanks for the response. Thats a shame, i remember there being something in FM06 or 07 that you could edit. Nevermind. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, Gudge, as your here, what is the file I can amend to make myself one of these future regens? Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, there isn't a file that can be edited </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame, would be a nice idea like the future chairman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Seems like you're quite good on my game Gudge. As a Centre Back and playing for Rangers, you've had a mighty fine career! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS, a dream come true. I've also been capped for The Motherland icon_cool.gif

• SI Staff

LOL @ Ben Kenney ave team =Spuds, Olly Kenney = Arsenal.

Must have been fun in that household as kids.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was until the other week icon_frown.gif

Archived