Request board to add more coaches

When I try to sign a coach, the board rejects the transfer even if the coach was willing to come to the club.

Is there a way to request the board to allow me to add more coaches?

I do not have a fitness coach, and my players are complaining.

Thanks

Normally there is a limit for the amount of coaches you can have, so this will probably the reason the board rejects it, to my knowledge (not 100% sure, did you try it via the board room) there is no way to ask for more coaches. But you can just sack your worst one and then hire the one you want.

Normally there is a limit for the amount of coaches you can have, so this will probably the reason the board rejects it, to my knowledge (not 100% sure, did you try it via the board room) there is no way to ask for more coaches. But you can just sack your worst one and then hire the one you want.

Yes the limit is the problem. I currently have a general coach and a gk coach. I would like to add a fitness coach.

I am managing Val di Sangro in Serie C2C.

If the problem persists I will try and apply at other clubs.

Thanks for answers.

It's much more annoying when you start with 2 coaches, with the board recommending you have no more than that, then sack one to make way for another, and find they've lowered their limt to 1! I ended up having to get rid of my GK coach, and thankfully they agreed that having 0 coaches should allow me to hire one. Interestingly, all my GKs 'Goalkeeping' stats are going up this season, despite no change in training regime, but just a regular coach with a 5 for Goalkeepers.

One of the tricks that used to work on fm 08 was to sign the new member of staff as a assistant manager then once they'd joined offer them a new contract as a coah, they always would accept. Don't know if this is still the case in fm 09, but you could always try.

This works in FM09

I managed to bring in 20 coaches to make my training schedule 6* at Sheff Utd

This is the issue with me at my current club as well. The limit is 13 and since I just took over, I'm doing a complete overhaul of the backroom staff. The club had 9 Youth Coaches, but I've brought that down to 2.

Like others have said, go through your staff, and sack the ones you don't like.

Yes the limit is the problem. I currently have a general coach and a gk coach. I would like to add a fitness coach.

I am managing Val di Sangro in Serie C2C.

If the problem persists I will try and apply at other clubs.

Thanks for answers.

If your successful and move up the leagues then your board should allow more coaches and other staff as your finances improve.

Archived