Bayern munich in debt, Why?

It is definately an issue. It has been mentioned recently that Bayern start to put almost every player on the transfer list around 2nd season, to cope with the debt. They'll start to offer you bargains such as package deals with 2 players for insanely low amounts and stuff like that.

SI have been notified and it should really be fixed in next patch.

It is definately an issue. It has been mentioned recently that Bayern start to put almost every player on the transfer list around 2nd season, to cope with the debt. They'll start to offer you bargains such as package deals with 2 players for insanely low amounts and stuff like that.

On my game there was, out of 30, 27 players i think that was put up for sale. Bayern had won the league with finances secure. Didn't really look into the finances in detail.

They offered me Klose and Lucio which made me check the Bayern team, and there they were; transferlisted.

Was eyeing a few bargains there but i was too late. They had been snatched already.

I would imagine missing out on the champions league last season cost them a few quid (ok, not £272m worth but still). Though to counter that I read that Bundesliga teams earn the most through shirt sponsorship of any league, presumably Bayern would have the best deal?

Id like to know how bayern munich are 272million in debt when they had no debts last season, What have they spent 272million on? It says they owe the bank 272million and i cant find out why.

Apparently they've bought Ronaldo.

It is definately an issue. It has been mentioned recently that Bayern start to put almost every player on the transfer list around 2nd season, to cope with the debt.

I just had a look at Bayern, in season 2.

They're still quoted as rich, with the debt still showing. And they haven't listed or sold anyone.

Not trying to flame you mate - just trying to help :thup:

Strange one indeed.

• 6 months later...

Well I just fired up a Bayern game last week, and despite selling players, spending only 15 million in transfers, which most of which was made up by selling players, and still being 200k under my salary budget, 3/4 of the way through my season, I'm 35 million euros in debt.

I'm not really sure why either. If it's a bug it's a bug, but it's a killer, considering Bayern are one of my favorite clubs. I'm paying about 3 million euros in loan debts a month which certainly doesn't help. I've made it to the second knockout round of the Champions League but still, I'm just not making any money. Then again, maybe this could make managing Bayern more of a challenge and a little more fun.

What really killed me was the winter break. Over the break when I wasn't playing any competitive matches I lost 15 million euros in one month. And I didn't make any transfers during the winter either.

(And I'm on the 9.3 patch)

Omg...another issue. Patch, patch, patch!

There wont be another patch for FM2009. The next release will be FM2010. To the original poster you can always use an editor to remove the debt. I'd recommend you try FMRTE and you can get it from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57016

You can also use the editor that comes with FM to remove any debt but you'd have to start a new game for this to work whereas you can just continue your current game with FMRTE

I started a Bayern game recently and encountered the same problem. I avoided a financial crash by negotiating new contracts with the top earners such as Ribery, Toni, Klose.. if they don't accept lower wages just wait until their contract almost ends and try it again. I also didn't sign any new players.

As for the debts: In Germany Bayern are known for their responsible handling of finances, so I believe their debts can only come from their new stadium which is valued at about €340 mio. But in RL they still manage to have balanced finances each season. I believe another issue are the high wages.. In FM2009 Bayern pay €90+ mio wages per season which is about the same like AC Milan. I doubt that it is like this in real life.

Holy mother... way to drag up a thread :D

Bayern go into monthly losses because of the extortionate wages which they're paying AND the monthly loan installments for paying off the Allianz Arena build. On a Monthly basis you will incur losses, simply because your wage bill is something like.. £7million per month + £2.9million for the loan installment, so call it £10million.

What you need to understand is that Bayern's finances even themselves out in Summer when your massive Sponsorship Money comes in, your Prize Money, your TV Revenue from the Champions League and your Season Ticket money.

Comparing real-life Bayern and Football Manager Bayern is fruitless. Bayerns real-life banks know that the summer money will keep Bayern going strong and it does, every season, and they're rated in the top 10 richest clubs in the world by Forbes. What the game doesn't understand is the income that comes in the summer will bail you out of debt as a result of the monthly losses. The game doesn't see the future, it merely sees the "now".

So to avoid going into debt, get rid of the dead wood at Bayern. There's too many people on stupid wages (whether thats accurate or not is a matter for the Bayern Data thread) but its your job as manager to tackle their finance problems and not bury your head in the sand, take a peek at the finances and ponder why you're £30mill down in the new year :)

Archived