Downloaded the demo last night - a few thoughts and questions.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm very impressed. My only regret is that I haven't bought the game yet but only have it on demo! I'm hooked on my file but know that it won't last! What I like most is that SI haven't messed about too much and it's more or less the same as 08 but with usefull additions. The general feel of the game and the core is the same, which is good. I'm not fully used to the 3d pitch yet but will be in time.

I like the ratings system as it gives a clearly indication of how players are doing, but I'm struggling with the fact that I no longer know what is acceptable and what is poor (whereas on previous games, I knew 7.anything was good and that 5.anything was dreadful)! With time, of course, I'll learn.

A few questions/issues:

1) On 3d pitch, does anybody else feel slightly annoyed by the fact that it flashes 'goal for opposition' before the ball actually goes in the net. It's only a minor thing but, especially given I've only scored once in 5 games so far and have conceded 6, it's quite aggrivating!

2) Typing. This is my biggest issue. I absolutely love the new press conferences (with more specific and related questions than on 08) and the opportunity to write a little line underneath is great for when I look back at the log and see my thoughts. But I find it really hard to type, and don't know if anyone else has the same problem, because somehow it's too sensitive to my touch and I end up typing letters two or three times. Eg a sentence I type at normal pace will look like this: ''Mmmark iss a gooodd playyer annd II want hhimm too stayyy..'' I either have to type really slowly, or go back and delete the additional letters. And I don't think it's 'coz I'm a clumsy oaf, as I'm fine typing everywhere else!

Brilliant. In which case, it's perfect!

Apologies as I'm a bit of an idiot on the technical side of things, but does it being fixed on the 9.1 patch mean when I purchase the proper game the issues will definitely be gone?

They'll be gone once you download and install the patch.

i am the exact same as this guy apart from in my demo the typing bug went away while i was still in the demo without me doing anything. i didnt realise the typing error until i read my first message. it wa ssomething like: iiiii ammmm gllladd too bbe thhe mannaggerrr off liiverppooll......

Archived