It's impossible to sign players !!

The players I want to buy are not quite super-stars or wonderkids...i'm looking for experienced 26-28 year-old players (Milan like)...and if a player is valued at 5m i make a bid of let's say 7.5...and they always reject it !!! ALWAYS!! I tend to raise the bid each time...until I reach 20 m when i think to myself that it's not very wise to pay that much...i really can't buy quality players it's impossible! any tips ? I have a budget of 45 milion and want to spend it on 3-4 top players...

The players I want to buy are not quite super-stars or wonderkids...i'm looking for experienced 26-28 year-old players (Milan like)...and if a player is valued at 5m i make a bid of let's say 7.5...and they always reject it !!! ALWAYS!! I tend to raise the bid each time...until I reach 20 m when i think to myself that it's not very wise to pay that much...i really can't buy quality players it's impossible! any tips ? I have a budget of 45 milion and want to spend it on 3-4 top players...

Here is a screenshot...unreal ! My only option is to win the title after finishing 2nd last season...winning the CL again won't help renewing my contract...so i have to buy some players to have a really strong squad...

unrealgc6.th.jpg

Take a look at my screenshot...offers that are highlighted in red are unreal...the others I will try to raise the bid but only until 20,25 millions...i don't know what more i could do icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and they always reject it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Consider yourself lucky... 'cause I can't even get that far.

Everyone I've gone for just goes to one of the other 300 teams that came and made a bid after me. icon_frown.gif

As Tom L says, if they are regulars for their teams then it will take a lot of money to prise them away.

Your fees are in Euros as well so the GBP equivalent is probably going to be real life.

You are buying players from the likes of R Madrid and Roma so you have to expect to pay over the odds for them. Happens in real life I am afraid.

If you have a key player in your team who score 20+ goals and 20+ assists in a season for you and value at 5m.

Milan send you a bid of 5m will you accept it?

Milan send you a bid of 7.5m will you accept it?

And you might send a counter bid for 20m and hopes the Milan get off from your player?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomiscool:

What you have to remember is you are bidding for players because they are good and desirable! The AI aren't stupid, they don't want to lose their key players.

Also i find not setting a deadline for their response helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The AI aren't stupid," Stop talking from your arse you fool, so when Manchester United ask me to pay 101 mill pound for Gabriel Heinze when i was managing Real Madrid back in FM 2007 is not stupidity?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crossriver:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomiscool:

What you have to remember is you are bidding for players because they are good and desirable! The AI aren't stupid, they don't want to lose their key players.

Also i find not setting a deadline for their response helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The AI aren't stupid," Stop talking from your arse you fool, so when Manchester United ask me to pay 101 mill pound for Gabriel Heinze when i was managing Real Madrid back in FM 2007 is not stupidity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not stupid, it just show man utd dont want to sell the player to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SurvivorSoso88:

The players I want to buy are not quite super-stars or wonderkids...i'm looking for experienced 26-28 year-old players (Milan like)...and if a player is valued at 5m i make a bid of let's say 7.5...and they always reject it !!! ALWAYS!! I tend to raise the bid each time...until I reach 20 m when i think to myself that it's not very wise to pay that much...i really can't buy quality players it's impossible! any tips ? I have a budget of 45 milion and want to spend it on 3-4 top players... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, will you sell a key player of yours for just 7.5 mil when his real value is 5 mil?

they want way to much, especially in long term games.. i cant even get a good established player for 80 mio euro-.. for the best players i have to pay +100mio!!!!!

So i switched tactic and buyd lots of youngsters.. but what happenes when they hid a good enough ability??? they want a new challenge(age 23-25)

come on, what am i supposed to do!!!!!!

Unless he's a key player, it's probably a buy

I see this is a hotly debated subject, but seriously some who defend this as a reality have blinds over their eyes. Unless you're a big team and this player is a scoring machine or your captain, he's not untouchable

Personally, if I had a player who was scoring regularly for me, and was valued at £5million, I wouldn't consider letting him go for less than about £16million, and that's being generous. I can fully understand the AI not wanting to sell to you. In fact, if I could get Cristiana Ronaldo at his prime for £30million (approximately 1.5 times his value) I would think the game was bugged.

Because you are already in season 2022 I guess you know it already, but when you set a deadline on your transfer bid the club is not so eager to let the player go and you have to make huge offers.

In FM2007, I once paid 13 million euro's for Modric, which at the time cost only 3 million euro's if you didn't set a deadline.

I've never had a problem siging a player, except huntelaar and that was only because he wasn't interested.

Instead of going for high profile buys who will automatically have interest from the other top teams try scouting for players that are similar but cost far less and play for lesser teams. E.g. with At. Madrid I bought Leonardo from Ajax for £652k and sold Reyes to Lyon for £17m, Leonardo has an average of 7.84.

AI hate the playing manager. I find if i bid for a player worth £10mill and offer £18mill they reject. Yet, if i take them off my shortlist...after a few days the player will sign for a club for £12mill. The clubs reject the playable managers offer yet they accept AI's offer almost all the time. It is almost impossible to buy the likes of Kaka, Messi, Puyol, Gattuso, Ibrahimovich etc etc even if you are Man Utd or Liverpool and have won the league and champs league 5 years in a row. But, i guess that's the whole fun of it.

Dont forget though....the bigger clubs don't need to sell there players as they have enough money. Yet, if you offered Birmingham or Bolton £8mill for a £2mill valued player, chances are you would have the bid accepted. What annoyed me was i offered Newcastle £12 mill for Owen and they rejected....in January, i offered them £14mill and the rejected, last day in January, Chelsea signed him for £9 mill. I was fuming!

Problem as I see it, and none of this has been fixed from 06 and 07 tbh which is why its annoying is this:

1) The game isnt transparent enough in showing that the AI can see your budget.

2) AI managers value your star players at £, yet they value their own at £££££££££.

CHEATS !!!

I've just sufered another big blow.

I scouted a player from real Mardid (14 million) he had a minimum release clause of 37...so I pay this huge sum of money...the scout says that he would be EXTREMLY interested in joining my team...so I offer him everything I got...180 p/w,5,6 signing fee ! and key player of course...an offer that can't be refused by anyone...after 3 days a message pops up saying that he signed a new deal with real madrid /icon_smile.gif...and the new release clause is set at 70 million !!! sooo annoying icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SurvivorSoso88:

CHEATS !!!

I've just sufered another big blow.

I scouted a player from real Mardid (14 million) he had a minimum release clause of 37...so I pay this huge sum of money...the scout says that he would be EXTREMLY interested in joining my team...so I offer him everything I got...180 p/w,5,6 signing fee ! and key player of course...an offer that can't be refused by anyone...after 3 days a message pops up saying that he signed a new deal with real madrid /icon_smile.gif...and the new release clause is set at 70 million !!! sooo annoying icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game does this when you try and sign players on a free.

Yet another thing that has never been fixed.

I'd say this is the most annoting thing about the game for me.

I have no problems with teams trying to get the most they can for a player, especially if they consider the player to be either a key player or important first team player, but when they ask for about 5 times the players value for a squad player, it does get a little on the frustration side. The AI needs to have more sense when it comes to valuing their players. They need to base ot more around how important the player is to them rather then how good the player is. Unless the player is going to play most games, or is they deem him the next big thing, then there is no reason for valuations to be so high.

this is it :

Unreal request ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This one is very unrealistic. If you are in 2022, then this guys contract has a year to run, so they either sign him up(which they are trying to do, fair enough) or cash in and get what they can for him.

i agree that there is a bug that makes the asking price for players too high as i have had many problems with this, you get a £30m transfer budget so you think you can sign loads of players but nobody that would actually improve your squad is attainable for under £20m

with this droste guy, i have noticed that the lack of really good regens might mean in 2022 this guy has one of the best defensive stats in the world, this might cause the ai to value him absurdly, not sure though by any means

I remember a problem in FM07 ( I think it was this one) which was when people used the official pre game editor and changed loads of things it caused strange things to happen during the game.

I do not think transfers were affected in FM07 but if you have used the official pre game editor for FM08 this may be the cause.

If you have not used it then I am stuck for an answer for you.

take a look at this...has it happened to you ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never seen that, it's interesting.

Archived