+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Nice little touch

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th July 2008
    Location
    The Hornets Nest
    Posts
    61

    Default Nice little touch

    I offered a contract to a player out of contract and received this news item which I've never seen before which I thought was pretty cool.


  2. #2
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th September 2005
    Posts
    15,695

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    nothing posted

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    This happens with pretty much every player i have offered for

    I find it annoying because i spend HOURS scouting around the DB lookingfor the best talent, I find good players in obscure countries who are completely unknown and have ZERO interest from other teams.

    Then I offer and some arsewipe in my club goes and blabs to the press and 20 teams come in for the player

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2008
    Location
    Zola Park! :p
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    try again..? Maybe? (reposting SS)

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th September 2008
    Location
    Great britain.
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Awes View Post
    This happens with pretty much every player i have offered for

    I find it annoying because i spend HOURS scouting around the DB lookingfor the best talent, I find good players in obscure countries who are completely unknown and have ZERO interest from other teams.

    Then I offer and some arsewipe in my club goes and blabs to the press and 20 teams come in for the player
    Same, it seems to happen on most of my offers, anyone know a way to prevent it?

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    Offer him a better contact, up the wage maybe include a extra bonus for signing the contract.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPompey View Post
    nothing posted
    Errr yes there is

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTerry-look-alike View Post
    try again..? Maybe? (reposting SS)


    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Offer him a better contact, up the wage maybe include a extra bonus for signing the contract.
    I dont get it, is this a potential fix for the press finding out or..............?

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    No thats after the press finds out and all the teams come in for that player. If you up the offered wages etc then hopefully he will sign with you.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    No thats after the press finds out and all the teams come in for that player. If you up the offered wages etc then hopefully he will sign with you.
    Oh I see

    Whilst that may work it doesnt prevent the problem,it seems all the "good finds" instantly trigger this story as I have signed somne poor players it didnt happen with. The issue is that if i spend hours upon hours scouting I dont weant to have to get into a bidding war to secure his services. If other clubs are interested it should SHOW ALWAYS not suddenly become the case if you swoop for them.

    Imo.

    What happened to the make transfer public option? Surely we could have a "keep offer shrouded in secrecy" option

    Its still a HUGE issue if you are playing Lower leagues as well because NO amountof money will make a young player choose my team over Man Utd. Even if i could do it by offering ridiculous contracts why should I pay 4 times the odds because the game is flawed?

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th July 2008
    Location
    The Hornets Nest
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    Luckily it didn't have any effect no other went for him and he has signed for me

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    17th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Nice little touch

    This just happened again with a youngster who looked the dogs nuts and Newcastle stole him

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts