unrealistic toon attendance

Yeah so we all know we fill our stadium nearly every week and easily over 50K every week on average, so when i got an expansion, it dropped to around 45K on average... que?

Yes i was still doing well btw so they wouldn't have any reason to stay away.

new size is 60K btw.

Yeah so we all know we fill our stadium nearly every week and easily over 50K every week on average, so when i got an expansion, it dropped to around 45K on average... que?

Yes i was still doing well btw so they wouldn't have any reason to stay away.

new size is 60K btw.

had they finished building the expansion? because the capacity drops whilst it is being built

The average Newcastle United attendance this season is 46,689 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/club_stats/default.stm).

Yes, the circumstances are slightly unusual, but the idea that Newcastle's attendance figures are always around the 50k mark is a myth.

But its a fact that last season Newcastle's average attendance was 51,321....:)

Maybe you should look up the facts first.

But its a fact that last season Newcastle's average attendance was 51,321....:)

Maybe you should look up the facts first.

I know. That's why I used the word always.

Sometimes your attendance figures top 50k, and sometimes they don't. Hence the relevance of my post to the original question!

I know. That's why I used the word always.

Sometimes your attendance figures top 50k, and sometimes they don't. Hence the relevance of my post to the original question!

Again you are wrong. Since we upgraded the stadium to 52,000 we have ALWAYS had an average attendance above 50,000, therefore we have not "sometimes had attendances below 50k", in fact we have always had attendences above 50,000 :thup:

The OP was stating that it should be averaging (emphasis on avereging) at least 50k, and if not more, seeing as he increased the capacity. And therefore is right to think it is wrong that average attendances fell to 45k, as this wouldn't happen and is unrealistic for the club. Unless of course part of the stadium is closed for reconstruction.

I'm not saying that it never falls below 50k, just that it always averages 50k.

no, no i mean that since i have had a 60K seater stadium my attendance for the SEASON has dropped way below what it was the previous season, and btw newcastles average home attendance for every season since they got the 52 thousand seater upgraded has always been 50K +. As a season ticket holder you get the figures posted or e-mailed to you every season. This is the worst attendance average we have had but that is for obvious reasons.

edit: Damn i see i just posted what the person above posted, but he and i are right though :p

You think thats unrealistic check out Alan Smith and Michael Owens stats stats (amongst others) i mean they are good players but whoever programmed them had a hard on for Newcastle :eek:

Alan smith i agree has slighlty inflated stats on the game but owen. What planet are you on?

His stats have dropped considerably from fm08 (e.g. finishing dropped from 20 to 16), if anything michael owen is very underrated on fm 09. But there always has been the childish types who suggest englands current top goal scorer is suddenly poor. Like to see you play better.

Slightly inflated!! C'mon even a Newcastle supporter wouldnt rank Alan Smith like they have in fm09, hes as good as some of the best AMs in the league and can play numerous positions, hes WELL overated.

Granted Michael Owen is a great goalscore but hes not as fast as they suggest and hes definately not as strong or determined, hes still a good player but hes overrated imo. And this goes for many of the NUFC players in fm09, Colocini (spelling?) is another one who has ludicrously good stats, its no surprise that under computer control they tend to end up around 5th where as irl hmm thats another matter. They have a better squad than Everton in fm09 which is silly imo.

The average Newcastle United attendance this season is 46,689 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/club_stats/default.stm).

Yes, the circumstances are slightly unusual, but the idea that Newcastle's attendance figures are always around the 50k mark is a myth.

because..... cockney mafia boycott etc , every season before this avg attendance has been 50,000 +

I thought Newcastle were knocked back irl a few years ago for getting an extension, something to do with near by flats and how close they are allowed to build?

the buildings behind the east stand (small one with "newcastle united" on) has listed buildings behind it.

i once heard that they wanted to have it the same all the way around san siro style :D taking capacity to 90,000 plus, but as i said this isnt possible atm because of the bulidings plus theres a metro station which i think isnt allowed to be built on.

sjp2010mw6tg5nh2.jpg

Anyway, back to the point of my thread, how can my average attendance drop to 46K ish from 50K with a bigger stadium, i checked to see my attendances for the matches where it was under contstruction, it was one, my first match of the season followed by 2 away games and by the 2nd hom game it was all systems go. but... wierd stuff...

Archived