Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theY2Z:

Great post, lots of content. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it BREAKING NEWS on CNN, so the information is just coming in icon_rolleyes.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'Explosion' heard at station

Several people have been injured after an incident on the London Underground.

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9am.

British Transport Police said the incident, reported at at 8.49am on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate, was thought to have been caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding.

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We have just sent some resources out to the scene. We have sent a number of vehicles to Liverpool Street station."

BTP confirmed that there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"There are walking wounded, but that is as much as we know at the moment," said the spokesman.

He confirmed that the incident took place on the Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Liverpool Street and said the line has been evacuated.

King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations have also been cleared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Apparently they closed the entire tube network </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Victoria line runs directly underneath my room and I haven't heard any trains this morning, but I can hear lots of sirens outside

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

A bus just blew up, an apparent bomb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

yeah and big ben just toppled into the thames

unless youre serious icon_frown.gif

It's pandemonium here around Edgeware Road.

Lots of flashing lights and traffic.

I'm a bit disappointed that I had to get in early today for a meeting as I would've been on the Hammersmith & City line at the time that it happened.

More the worry is how am I going to get home tonight if there is no Underground.

I may have to walk. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Docker:

It's pandemonium here around Edgeware Road.

Lots of flashing lights and traffic.

I'm a bit disappointed that I had to get in early today for a meeting as I would've been on the Hammersmith & City line at the time that it happened.

More the worry is how am I going to get home tonight if there is no Underground.

I may have to walk. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea.. walking from Covent Garden to Leytonstone with a pulled Hamstring isn't gonna be much fun icon_frown.gif

There was also an incident in Edgeware Road.

There were several explosions reported :

Liverpool Street, Aldgate and Edgware Road.

Police are saying that power surges are causing explosions.

The National Grid are saying that there's no evidence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

Um, is that a wind-up or should I be worried right about now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reporter on Sky News said that a bus had blown up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Docker:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, that would have been good icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

Um, is that a wind-up or should I be worried right about now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TVF I'm 100% serious

And the National grid said their power has nothing to do with a power surge

Sounds very dodgy to me

Like the bloke said if it was a Power surge how could the bus explode?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BLASTS ON TUBES AND BUS

According to reports a bus has exploded in central London just minutes after a number of blasts on London's Underground.

"I saw lots of people running up a road and then saw the top of a bus destroyed," one eyewitness told Sky News.

Sky News producer Bob Mills said he heard the loud explosion near Euston Station.

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

Blast happened at Aldgate

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SKY NEWS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oafcmetty:

Hmmm - pretty worried, sat in my big glass office in the middle of the city...

Keep the news coming please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea same here

Archived