original CD

Hello,

I have got today FM 2009 CD.My question is, did SI limited number of installation for CD version of the game.I know that if you download on Steam it is I 5 time limit that you can install game.so what is situation with CD versions.

Thanks

Hello,

I have got today FM 2009 CD.My question is, did SI limited number of installation for CD version of the game.I know that if you download on Steam it is I 5 time limit that you can install game.so what is situation with CD versions.

Thanks

Hi, there's a limit of 5 "seats", that is to say, you can only have the game installed on 5 machines at the same time (previously there was no limit). If you install it on 5 machines, then decide you want it on another machine, you'll have to uninstall from one of the machines first. This is the same for CDs and Steam purchases. :thup:

Can the game be played simultaneously on two machines registered with one disk? For instance, could me and my brother both play at the same time?

Each activation is for you only. So your brother would have to buy his own disk anyway.

What if he lives with his brother and he installs the same game using 2 "seats" on 2 separate PC's? would that still be illegal insomuch as the owner of the game isn't using both "seats" for his own purposes?

Just a thought really.

Yup, SI have confirmed that as far as they are concerned that the game should only be played by the person who bought the disk. So I am allowed to install the game on my wife's laptop, but she is not allowed to play it. Not a problem because she is only interested in FMH.

I guess in the case of a 'hot seat' game this would be allowed if the owner was playing.

Yup, SI have confirmed that as far as they are concerned that the game should only be played by the person who bought the disk. So I am allowed to install the game on my wife's laptop, but she is not allowed to play it. Not a problem because she is only interested in FMH.

I guess in the case of a 'hot seat' game this would be allowed if the owner was playing.

What a joke! My view on the matter is that if I buy a copy of the game (which I have) I should be able to install it on how ever many PC's I want and I should be able to allow whoever I want to play it, surely this is taking away the rights of the person who has purchased the game?

Archived