Resting players

I've had a tough away match with my team. One of my players was sent off after only 17. min of the first half, regarding a professional foul. Still, I manage to win 6-2, but my players are very tired and now close to, or even under, 69% match fitness.

I'm wondering if it's more wise to rest the players for one or two days in front of the next match or is it better to train them every day on a very light schedule instead. I think I've read somewhere that some players tend not to like to be told to rest for å period, but maybe that doesn't count for a few days.

Any suggestions will be appreciated ?

i never rest my players and i never modify their trainings [i've let them as they were set by default]. even so, i don't have problems with their fitness.. even if i play one game every 3 days, they are always match fit icon_wink.gif.

I have two rules regarding my match squad selection. Fitness level under 75% they can't start, but they would be on the bench. Under 70% and they aren't even on the bench.

If a player has that little Rst sign thingy, then I see what his fitness is before sending him home for a week or two to rest. That also depends on any upcoming important games.

Important games though I tend to ignore my rules a little - say for Finals or Cup Replays or Second Legs where the only fit players I would be chosing aren't as good

Archived