Has anyone lost their job due to FM?

Afterall this game is highly addictive. Most mornings I play for a while before work and when its time to go, its very hard to turn it off and go out the door. You promise yourself you have time for one last game but it leads on and when you look at the clock you're very late for work.

Also you might decide to phone in sick, and play FM in bed all day and whilst phoning in sick your team gets a last minute goal to beat Man United at Old Trafford and you scream Yesssss!!! And then a second later realise you've just made a big mistake.

Has anyone been repeatedly late for work due to FM and has anyone been fired from their job due to FM?

i used to when i was in college was late quite a few times and came down with food posising quite often! but since im working i realise that although its very tempting for one game in the morning it will quite possibly cause me to be very late and get sacked. i already on the verge of being dumped by my girlfriend because of fm09 last thing i need is to get the boot from work too.

i used to work from home and that was dangerous as theres no boss 2 check up on u. i do sales and am always target based so not the best idea as you cant really call ur boss in the evening and say oh well i havent sold anything today but i got a last minute winner to beat rochdale. i remember once on fm07 i didnt do anythin but play fm all week and the mrs hid the disk as she was scared i'd get the sack!

• 3 weeks later...

Not directly. But I once worked in a business that was going under, the boss would be out at meetings and stuff a lot (for days at a time) and there was very little actual work to do so I used to play a *lot* of FM at work. The business did end up going bust so I lost that cushy job.

To Madeira

:D Spot on!! [For those in the know ;)]

I haven't lost a job but I can definitely say that FM has affected my career. If it wasn't for FM, I'd have been far more ambitious, and would certainly be a few notches further up the greasy pole. As it is, I do the bare minimum and save my mental energies for that which is more important in my life! I have no regrets :cool:

everyday at school for the last 3 years its been class in class out fm with my mates all lined up along the back row :p

great times ! ive finished with school now tho....

greatest moment in class was when in fm06 my mate had jesus navas and he scored a 95th minute winner in the champions league final and screamed out f#&% YES!!! teacher was like ...ummmmm ok.... ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT!

I just stick to these forums tbh, I don't think I could get away with playing a game at work and i'm not willing to find out. I might play a bit at Christmas because i'm the only one in my section working, but otherwise there's no chance.

And no chance in bank :)

I used to play FM2008 on my laptop at work, worked on my own and the boss didnt mind as long as all the work was done.
That will be my approach as a manager for my employees - do your work properly, just in time and with sufficient quality and if you are doing something else during that work it is up to you. Just deliver the results that I wanted from you.

:D Spot on!! [For those in the know ;)]

I haven't lost a job but I can definitely say that FM has affected my career. If it wasn't for FM, I'd have been far more ambitious, and would certainly be a few notches further up the greasy pole. As it is, I do the bare minimum and save my mental energies for that which is more important in my life! I have no regrets :cool:

I have different impact from FM - it restores my mental energy to do my job properly and with ambition :) also my girlfriend is restoring my mental energy.

I am currently in the process of installing FM onto my USB stick to play at work, I don't want to leave a trace of it on the computer since its shared with my manager, so a USB stick is the way to go, and I have a feeling it will probably get me sacked.

Does this work? i.e. you can install the whole game onto the usb stick and it will save data files and all that stuff that it usually puts in the My Documents folder on the local hard drive on there too?

I have been getting away with playing at work for years! As our directors haven't got a clue about computers, and my colleague is busy on you tube, I get loads of FM time. Just getting settled into my long term game with Gateshead!

Its also enabled me to design the first 4 issues of The Bootroom too!!

Archived