Has Installing DirectX SDK Actually Helped Anyone?

I am having lag issues with 2d & 3d and my specs are okay not great but okay. I have directx 9.0C currently I am not sure about sdk though as i have seen there have been issues with it from the microsoft site. but willing to try if someone has had success with it

I had a demo on an older PC that wouldn't load then i downloaded SDK and it works now BUT the question becomes is it worth it?

The game is very jerky in 2D mode and is almost impossible to follow plus the SDK took up over 1100mb of hard drive space. So yes it works, but not as good as you'd think.

I had a demo on an older PC that wouldn't load then i downloaded SDK and it works now BUT the question becomes is it worth it?

The game is very jerky in 2D mode and is almost impossible to follow plus the SDK took up over 1100mb of hard drive space. So yes it works, but not as good as you'd think.

thanks andy thats what i was looking for. so until a game actually requires it ill leave it be.

• SI Staff
Can I ask why people are having to download the SDK and not just the runtime libs (which should only be about 35MB)?

I'm just curious as to whether people have actually been advised to download it by Sega/SI. I've tried searching these forums, but "sdk" is not accepted by the search engine as it is too small a word. ;)

Because the required file isn't in the runtime libs, and isn't allowed to be distributed outside of the SDK.

Archived