Anger Issues

Does ANYONE else suffer sever frustration and anger when they watch their "supposedly" might team lose.

I suffer badly from it, and have to stop playing for a little while or else i know the laptop is going out the window!

Its not good and probably not healthy lol, I have even literally screamed at my players before, until my throat hurt.

I hope I'm not the only one who gets like that, but got a feeling i might be?

Anyone do stupid/crazy things when they lose, or are you actually normal enough to realise it's just a game and therefore not worth shouting about lol

You need help buddy.

I used to get frustrated when I was younger but I've mellowed out a bit now. Sometimes till have to bang something to release a bit of anger though. I've never yelled at my players till my throat hurts :D

i get angry but i tend to sulk rather than scream :(

the most frustrating game i have ever played is Trackmania Nations Forever. Now that makes me rage.

But anyways, with FM i tend to get angry, exit the game, get bored of playing such a 'stupid' game. then go back to it a day or so later.... :D

i get angry but i tend to sulk rather than scream :(

the most frustrating game i have ever played is Trackmania Nations Forever. Now that makes me rage.

But anyways, with FM i tend to get angry, exit the game, get bored of playing such a 'stupid' game. then go back to it a day or so later.... :D

LOL now thats probably a better idea!

A stresshead mate lol. I cant help it, there's something about being 2-1 up only to lose 3-2 that drives me loopy!

I'd almost rather get battered 4-0 coz at least then I've never felt like I was going to win!

In all seriousness though, real life situations, i can cope with (trust me i've dealt with a few big ones:( ), but fm? God no, i have to lock myself in my room for fear of killing someone!

Ha ha!!! This thread and some of the replies have actually made me laugh out loud! I get peeved sometimes and have gone to the point of shouting but nothing physical. When i was younger, i used to go round my mates and we'd play a two player game of CM. I remember once he got that angry that he punched the desk, breaking his hand and his desk! He did manage to get six weeks off school though, allowing him plenty of CM time...........and more 'punching desk time'.

This is weird cos I was thinking I was the only one. Maybe we should start a self help group.

I actually busted my mums wicker chair because I threw it across the room. She still doesn't know.

I'm older now though, so I can accept that sometimes I lose because of my tactics or another unknown reason that I will never figure out. Unfortunately, it's the times like last night when the bug in the ME caused me to lose several goals that I lost it and threw the mouse at the floor....it's wireless so it didn't come back...

Anyone do stupid/crazy things when they lose, or are you actually normal enough to realise it's just a game and therefore not worth shouting about lol

When I lose I hold a press conference in my head calling all the players idiots, on the outside i'm perfectly calm.

I have lost at least 5 keyboards and about 30 mice through FM related anger.

Launching a wireless mouse across the room in rage when you lose in the last minute of the game as happened a lot...

I buy keyboards in packs of three as I get through them so quickly. Only FM gets me raging so hard.

I fly into a rage whenever someone scores against even one of my crap teams, but my rages are confined to FM, in real life I am mostly calm in all aspects - it's just being football manager in charge of non-real "people" who I can shout and swear at without causing offense that winds me up :p

There's nothing wrong with getting a bit frustrated or angry with FM. If you're like me, you put a lot of effort in and it hurts when it goes pear-shaped. I often bring my fist down on the desk or growl in frustration. I doubt that will ever change. The important thing is what glamdring alludes to above - make sure it's confined to FM. I don't take my frustration with me.

I used to get angry but not so much now. Frustrated yes, call my players all the names under the sun yes. I also take out my frustration on the players not performing through the player ineraction screen. That tend to releive some of frustration.

Picking up on what Glamdring and Mike have said about not taking the anger outside FM, i've always found that i'm very irritable after playing the game for a long time. Anything over 3-4 hours and I get a head ache and annoyed easily, so I just stick to short speed sessions, getting through 3 or 4 games in 30/45 mins these days. I should point out that I find this happens regardless of how my teams been playing.

The only time I've ever taken my FM anger away from the computer was with the activation situation. I was sat there after work, game in hand, and yet I couldn't play it. When I went away, I was still fuming. But when I came back, it worked. After that, I've been back to normal.

When I lose I hold a press conference in my head calling all the players idiots, on the outside i'm perfectly calm

LOL! :D I don't know why but that comment made me giggle.

In relation to Mike's comment, yeah I felt the same, buying a new game then waiting for hours getting angrier and angrier.

I was fuuuuuuuuming!

Luckily enough, that evening I had tickets to the wales canda rugby match so i left that stupid activation thing up, where i was clicking it back and next for hours....went out, watched the game with a mate, had a few pints, got home later, and it was fine :D

And I was all smiles....until i played my first game as man city and got spanked 3-1...by Oldham

The only time I've ever taken my FM anger away from the computer was with the activation situation. I was sat there after work, game in hand, and yet I couldn't play it. When I went away, I was still fuming. But when I came back, it worked. After that, I've been back to normal.

:p:eek:

As for punching the desk, I play sat on a settee type thing so I regularly punch the settee - does no harm either to me or the settee which is good ;)

I used to yell. This was downgraded to a low kind-of growl. Now I just "harumph", shrug and think "ah well, it's my tactics", especially when I give away a 2-goal lead and lose (twice now in three months of game time).

It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game.

(only, it's not really, and we all know that in some alternate reality what we do on FM really does matter. Right?)

it steamed me a bit in 08 when at the 80:00 min mark the opposition would slide into their 4-2-4 and sneak in a goal in the last 15 minutes of the game.

now i get steamed when they kinda wait around till 90:00 to score 2

i play window mode and have to leave it and come to forums

am currently in that mode just lost 2-1 after up 1-0 at 89:00

When I concede a late equalizer, or winner, I go through the same stages every single time:

1) It's all a dirty fix, SI are scumbags for putting out a crappy, cheating game!

2) Stop being daft, it's not the game, but the players, give them a right bollocking! Damn them and they bloody complacency, friggin' idiots can't follow my perfectly laid plans!

3) It's the other team, they're only out to hurt my chances of success, they were awful last week against my title/relegation/promotion/top 4 finish rivals!! Cheats! Rapists! Murderers!

4) Maybe it's my tactics..........

5) No way, I am a Manager God, stupid game.

Half and hour later, may aswell get on with it, damn game.

When I concede a late equalizer, or winner, I go through the same stages every single time:

1) It's all a dirty fix, SI are scumbags for putting out a crappy, cheating game!

2) Stop being daft, it's not the game, but the players, give them a right bollocking! Damn them and they bloody complacency, friggin' idiots can't follow my perfectly laid plans!

3) It's the other team, they're only out to hurt my chances of success, they were awful last week against my title/relegation/promotion/top 4 finish rivals!! Cheats! Rapists! Murderers!

And there it is in a nutshell.

Get out of my head, you know my thought process far too well...

I've got a new baby and my wife has already commented that when she's a little older i'm gonna have to keep the door of my study shut when i play because of the rather "blue" language that i frequently yell at my defenders as they pass to the opposition striker or my striker when he misses a sitter.

I regularly have to go and get a drink to calm myself down following late winners from the AI...

Nope, Nottingham...that was far enough Doon Sarth for me...I was developing distinctly Southern tendancies being down there for 7 years :p

Ah ok, it's just I thought I knew you for a moment. An old old friend of mine loved FM and always went by the screen name glamdring.

I get cynical.

I have the crappiest team in the league, but thanks to my leet skills we're not relegated just yet.

We play away against the league leaders but they can't score for love or money because we're hanging on to the 0-0 result like mad.

Then one of my guys gets two yellows in quick succession. We still hang on. Hah!

Then, with 4 minutes to go, they get a penalty and score the winner.

There's only one possible conclusion: this result was predestined, rigged. I've said it all the time I play CM/FM and I'll keep saying it 'till I die:

This game cheats. It's firmly rigged against the human player. The thing is, I don't mind that much: in the end, I will win and all the sweeter will be the taste of victory.

Archived