This would be GREAT )):

err not really. The information is already in FM, it's just that putting it on a map looks pretty, and tbh i don't think that cosmetic differences are what SI should be concentrating on.

Not the worst idea, just one that may take the game in the wrong direction.

Guest Vilosophe

In FM this info there isn't. You can see only the winner of selected nations.

So if you don't choose the italian "serie a", you can't see who won the tournament in the simulated years.

This will be a splendid feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vilosophe:

In FM this info there isn't. You can see only the winner of selected nations.

So if you don't choose the italian "serie a", you can't see who won the tournament in the simulated years.

This will be a splendid feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

load the league as view only or playable if you want to see other national league results. if you pc can't handle more than 1 league, tough titty tbh.

SI have "polished" the graphical attributes of the game over the years quite alot, but ultimately, I don't believe that's what the vast majority of punters are after.

It would be a great shame if SI went down this route for the PC version of the game, though I could understand it more for the console market.

If they did implement such things as this, so long as you had the options in the preferences to turn them off, that would be fine.

I think the problem is, although facegen is quite a nice feature, putting a "face to a name" with players, that it's now opened the floodgates for suggestions for more "shiny" graphics.

I'm a fan of FIFA Manager's layout. Fm does look boring and things like this would make the game better to look at. I also like the idea of a trophy room showing what you/your club had won. I love FM but it ain't the prettiest thing to look at.

Making it look better is not really needed but if Football Manager had the layout of FIFA Manager, it would be much nicer.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

SI have "polished" the graphical attributes of the game over the years quite alot, but ultimately, I don't believe that's what the vast majority of punters are after.

It would be a great shame if SI went down this route for the PC version of the game, though I could understand it more for the console market.

If they did implement such things as this, so long as you had the options in the preferences to turn them off, that would be fine.

I think the problem is, although facegen is quite a nice feature, putting a "face to a name" with players, that it's now opened the floodgates for suggestions for more "shiny" graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the vast majority of punters after?

I think it would be rather foolish of us to ignore the appearance of the game and not try and improve it each year.

If you look back to CM 01/02 it had almost no graphical content. Since CM4 the graphical content in the game has steadily got bigger, with the biggest leap being FM 2005 and now we have a lot more flair to a lot of screens (stuff like flags add a lot to boring screens for example) and I can't see us just stopping adding nice stuff and improving the appearance of the game.

Imo this years version looks the best of all previous CM/FM's. I much prefer the skin for the new game and the graphics enhance the game. I went back to FM07 the other day because I don't think FM08 is ready yet and realised just how much better FM08 looked.

In fact so far it's the best bit about FM08, because the game just isn't there at the minute. I cannot wait until the patch comes out to finally start playing it.

The FIFA management stuff always did have some really great features that made it feel a lot more lifelike and interesting than CM, with the manager interviews, newspaper reports every weekend, and a nice selection of world stats to look out.

Sadly, the engine was a right load of crap, all sorts of bugs like old players not declining, youth players not being any good - I won the CL 5 seasons in a row with Tranmere with virtually the entire Real Madrid squad, people like Zidane aged 38 :s

Yes, feature to look at nation cup/league/others cup winners for all europe/asia/africa/america in one screen is very missing in FM.

Making many, many leagues as view only are not cpu/memory wise. Not everbody have 4gb of ram and 4Ghz CPU.

Addopting of many FifaM features is way to go.

I miss here few very good features like ability to found own club, view of all national/legue cup winners in europe in one screen and few others.

and i forget - one of biggest issu of Fm is databese - missing seperated national legues in database - in current wersion you have all legues in one file, which is realy, realy bad - if you want to update one league from internet (better than in game by SI) - then no problem, but if you wannd to update more leagues (2 or more) - you can end in spending over 1 month of only updating database, instead of only cca 10 mins of copying of downloadet files from net and replacing separated national leagues - as in FM. This make updating of legues in FifaM MUCH, MUCH more easier and faster than in FM. This is "feature" which is realy, realy need fixing in future FM09.

Archived