FM2009 is it faster than FM2008

d d

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed i just hope there was a version of FM 09 without the 3d so people with crap computers could play it at proper speed but i guess SI have to advance so no problems. Il just revert to FM 08 with data updates

If your computer isn't good enough for 3D then you should still be able to play the game in 2D especially if you were able to play FM2008. Have you downloaded and installed the patch?

If your computer isn't good enough for 3D then you should still be able to play the game in 2D especially if you were able to play FM2008. Have you downloaded and installed the patch?

Yes i have downloaded and installed the patch. After downloading the directx file from microsoft my game is working but what im saying is its really really slow. Decided to go back to FM 08 hopefully with some good data updates!

Im confused slightly...:confused:

Ive seen a lot of people on this forum suggest that FM 2009 is the best one yet.

However the comments in this thread that suggest it is slow and frustrating must surely contradict this?

Im not getting the game myself until next Friday.

So are people still finding it enjoyable despite it being slow?...Or is this ruining the game for you?

I find fm09 much slower and this is making me rather bored of this game now.

same here as i spend most of the time waiting for 3d to load. i play crysis warhead at the highest resolution level and runs 3times quicker than fm09 makes the game boring

Ive seen a lot of people on this forum suggest that FM 2009 is the best one yet.

However the comments in this thread that suggest it is slow and frustrating must surely contradict this?

So are people still finding it enjoyable despite it being slow?...Or is this ruining the game for you?

Slower but more fun.

It wouldn't be so bad, but if you want to watch things in 2d classic view, for some mystical reason whenever you go into your tactics it has to load the 3d engine, which can take up to 10 seconds, even on my machine.

That and the code is getting so clunky that sometimes the interface, particularly on match days, gets ridiculously unresponsive, which I think is related to the dodgy threading coding problem that causes the game to freeze on some multi-core machines.

It wouldn't be so bad, but if you want to watch things in 2d classic view, for some mystical reason whenever you go into your tactics it has to load the 3d engine, which can take up to 10 seconds, even on my machine.

That and the code is getting so clunky that sometimes the interface, particularly on match days, gets ridiculously unresponsive, which I think is related to the dodgy threading coding problem that causes the game to freeze on some multi-core machines.

Appreciate the info and response pal :)

I think you'll find (judging from comments on these forums) that if you have a good, recent computer, FM09 is actually likely to be quicker.

BUT... only if you at least 4GB RAM, quick dual/quad core processor, a hq graphics card (ie 4850/4870), and fully updated drivers for all hardware.

I.e. all those people with laptops who could happily play FM in the past, are likely to be disappointed by the speed of FM09, unless they have a custom built machine.

I think you'll find (judging from comments on these forums) that if you have a good, recent computer, FM09 is actually likely to be quicker.

BUT... only if you at least 4GB RAM, quick dual/quad core processor, a hq graphics card (ie 4850/4870), and fully updated drivers for all hardware.

I.e. all those people with laptops who could happily play FM in the past, are likely to be disappointed by the speed of FM09, unless they have a custom built machine.

I have all of the above, its much slower than 08.

Although I should also say, in between games, the processing time is exactly the same, or near as damnit.

I think most of your comments are spot on, Wakers...

..But if you untick the 3D engine in the preferences, surely the game doesn't have to load the 3D engine as you suggest? That would seem silly.

it's def slower but i think it's self explanitery. 3d isnt in use every moment the game is loaded so playing matches will obviously need to load it. FM09 is designed to work on high end machines or modern components.

despite what the min specs are, you need way way above them for a quick gaming experiance. if you think FM09 is slow wait untill next year and the year after lol this will seem like a sprinter on steriods.

I think most of your comments are spot on, Wakers...

..But if you untick the 3D engine in the preferences, surely the game doesn't have to load the 3D engine as you suggest? That would seem silly.

Havent tried that to be honest because sometimes i switch between the two depending on the match. However i do find it silly that if you wanna watch the game in 2d its forced to load the 3d game engine when you hit the tactics button :(

...Does anyone fancy telling me how FM is likely to run on my laptop?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell Computers International

System Model: Packard Bell EasyNote

BIOS: Insyde Software MobilePRO BIOS Version 4.20.10

Processor: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz

Memory: 960MB RAM

Page File: 569MB used, 1743MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5A62)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_C0191631&REV_00

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic Television

Monitor Max Res: 640,480

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6614 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/27/2006 08:47:10, 258048 bytes

...Does anyone fancy telling me how FM is likely to run on my laptop?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

need to update Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

Home Edition not XP Pro

Archived