Unrealgods small club to big club challenge:Scotland

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is to take a small 3rd division side in Scotland to league and Champions league victory.

The Extra aim

After completing the original aim as a bonus to the challenge become Scotland Manager!

The Rules

Load a game Scotish leagues only,right down to the 3rd division,and a lardge data base but a smaller is aloud. All 3 boxes should be ticked:

Allow trasnfer budgets in first window

Enable player atrribute masking

Use real players (player naming is aloud so watch out if you don't want to see it!)This is compulsory.

No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

It should look like This

Add a new manager the past experience should be set to sunday league footballer. Nationality should be your actual nationality but it would help later on in the game if you were scottish to become scotland manager.Your other nationality MUST be scottish but i will have to trust people do this.

Now for the fun bit.The harder clubs are the ones with reputation under 2000 pick one of these clubs:

Club Reputation

Albion Rovers 1850

Arbroath 2250

Dumbarton 2250

East Fife 2500

East stirlingshire 2050

Elgin 1650

Forfar 2250

Montrose 1850

Stenhousemuir 2000

Stanraer 2250

It's now sown to you to manage your chosen club to the Scottish premier league title and UEFA champions league crown.

You can't move clubs unless you are sacked.If this does happen you must go back and take over a club in the 3rd division. That is why throughout the game i recomend you keep your pay down when signing a new contract so that the 3rd division clubs can pay you.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be unedited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Added challenge

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the first challenge.The second added challenge follow these instructions:

Create a new user as Scotland manager.

Retire him.

Apply for the job yourself.

If you get the job you much resign from your club and only manage Scotland.

If you fail to get the job keep trying!

Take Scotland To World cup Glory and top of the world rankings.

Now thats a hard challenge and should keep you busy.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 29th June Like THIS .

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

I'd like to add No anti-Scottish slangs please i know the English and Scottish have differences but not on this thread.By the way i'm English icon_smile.gif

How to post a screenshot

While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

Save the file as a JPEG

Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

Post the direct Url to the image here.

I'd just like to say thanks to Dafuge for letting copy his idea for Scotland And best of luck to people who try the challenge. icon_cool.gif

All the best Unrealgod.

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is to take a small 3rd division side in Scotland to league and Champions league victory.

The Extra aim

After completing the original aim as a bonus to the challenge become Scotland Manager!

The Rules

Load a game Scotish leagues only,right down to the 3rd division,and a lardge data base but a smaller is aloud. All 3 boxes should be ticked:

Allow trasnfer budgets in first window

Enable player atrribute masking

Use real players (player naming is aloud so watch out if you don't want to see it!)This is compulsory.

No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

It should look like This

Add a new manager the past experience should be set to sunday league footballer. Nationality should be your actual nationality but it would help later on in the game if you were scottish to become scotland manager.Your other nationality MUST be scottish but i will have to trust people do this.

Now for the fun bit.The harder clubs are the ones with reputation under 2000 pick one of these clubs:

Club Reputation

Albion Rovers 1850

Arbroath 2250

Dumbarton 2250

East Fife 2500

East stirlingshire 2050

Elgin 1650

Forfar 2250

Montrose 1850

Stenhousemuir 2000

Stanraer 2250

It's now sown to you to manage your chosen club to the Scottish premier league title and UEFA champions league crown.

You can't move clubs unless you are sacked.If this does happen you must go back and take over a club in the 3rd division. That is why throughout the game i recomend you keep your pay down when signing a new contract so that the 3rd division clubs can pay you.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be unedited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Added challenge

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the first challenge.The second added challenge follow these instructions:

Create a new user as Scotland manager.

Retire him.

Apply for the job yourself.

If you get the job you much resign from your club and only manage Scotland.

If you fail to get the job keep trying!

Take Scotland To World cup Glory and top of the world rankings.

Now thats a hard challenge and should keep you busy.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the 29th June Like THIS .

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

I'd like to add No anti-Scottish slangs please i know the English and Scottish have differences but not on this thread.By the way i'm English icon_smile.gif

How to post a screenshot

While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

Save the file as a JPEG

Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

Post the direct Url to the image here.

I'd just like to say thanks to Dafuge for letting copy his idea for Scotland And best of luck to people who try the challenge. icon_cool.gif

All the best Unrealgod.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

Shouldn't you holiday through the first season and then take charge of one of the newly promoted teams? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no promotion or relegation in the Scottish Third Division.

Thought i'd add a mini-update to show my current progress with the mighty Elgin!

Current league standings after 12 games;

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2515/league200712gamesrr4.jpg

In the pre-season I secured a deal as a feeder club to Hearts, getting keeper Haraldur Bjornsson and striker Branimir Kostadinov. And made a few transfers in an attempt to strengthen the side.

Transfers

I am currently sitting in second place and competing with Dumbarton for the top spot. In spite of a poor pre-season, the team picked up some form in the league, having no trouble scoring, but conceding was a minor concern. But a re-jig of the leaky back line means we've kept a clean sheet in the past two games.

The one disappointment was the Scottish cup defeat to Fort William. In the same game my star striker Duncan Goodall broke his shoulder. We fared more respectably in the League cup, where we defeated second division Raith 1-0 in the first round and had a close game with SPL side Kilmarnock, losing in the end 3-1.

Star players so far are;

Duncan Goodall, the 27 year-old forward signed for Elgin after being available on a free. He has gone on to score 10 in 14, setting up 4 and getting a rating of 7.64. Broke his shoulder, but came back after only a month out to slot back in to the first team.

Kostadinov, a striker on loan from parent club Hearts. He's got 6 in 7 games and a rating of 7.71.

Stephen Cosgrove, a £1k signing from Kilwinning rangers (and fromer Man Utd youngster!). The quick midfielder has 6 goals and a rating of 7.38 in 16 games.

Gary Loughran, a free signing from Greenock. The solid 18 year old central midfielder has got a rating of 7.14 and impressed in his 14 games for the club.

Things are looking good so far. Hopefully I can topple Dumbarton and get promoted as champions in my first season. But the squad is in desperate need of some better players to compete at a higher level.

More to come as the season progresses!

End of season summary

07-08 Transfers

End of season league table

As you can see, I managed to finish second. Ten points behind the leaders and ten ahead of third place. Lost too many games due to a shaky defence, but all in all I can't complain.

Got through to the promotion play-off semi-final where I played Forfar. At home in the first leg we drew 1-1 after going ahead through a Martyn Donald goal after 20 minutes, only to concede an equaliser in added time!. In the second leg we went behind 3-1, only to come back to 3-3 thanks to a Duncan Goodall brace and go through on away goals!

So we went on to face Cowdenbeath, the relegation candidates from Division 2. The first leg ended 2-2 in an even encounter with surprisingly few goal chances. My goals coming from Duncan Goodall and Man of the match Mustapha Hadji.

So it all came down to the second leg away to Cowdenbeath. It was a tight match, with either side failing to threaten the goal. But later on in the match Elgin pushed for the winner. 90 minutes flashes up and the fourth official indicates 4 minutes added time. Elgin throw everything forward and in the 92nd minute Goodall wins a free kick 20 yards out! Stephen Cosgrove steps up and hits a screamer across the goal AND IN TO THE TOP CORNER! A winning goal in the last minute of added time!

And Elgin win promotion to the Scottish second division!

I've never been so relieved to win! I really didn't fancy another season down in the third division.

End of season squad

My star of the season has been Duncan Goodall. Signed on a free and hit 29 goals, and most importantly got the ones in the big matches.

Kostadinov missed all of the play off matches through injury, making the bench for one game, before being called up for an international! He was a big loss but we fortunately pulled through.

The other stars are obvious by their ratings. The clearest issue is with defence, which needs to be seriously strengthened for next season. Don't know how we'll be financially though, i'll have to wait and see...

End of Season Update 07/08

After having a poor pre-season, including a 9-0 thrashing by Queen of the South, things didn't pick up at the start of the season with just 9 points after 7 games.Thanks to my parent club, Dunfermline, a couple of players were brought in on loan, including the first-choice keeper for the season, Greg Paterson.

Thanks to everyone else in the league taking points off each other, despite having a very inconsistent and frustrating seaason we were 2 points clear of Forfar and Arbroath with 6 games left.

After only getting 2 points from 4 games we were 2 points behind Forfar with 2 to play. A 2-0 win at Arbroath, and a Forfar defeat put us 1 clear going into the last game. With Montrose managing to taking a 1-0 lead against Forfar just after half time, the title was almost wrapped up, with Forfar needing to win their game. The title was put beyond doubt with 20 minutes left with Richard Bowers slotting home to put Stenhousemuir 1-0 up. With both games finishing this way Forfar slipped to 3rd behind Arbroath, although they still managed to get promoted through the playoffs.

League

Despite winning the league only 6 players had a higher average rating than 7.00, including the two star strikers ; Robert Downs, signed for £1k from Pollok, managed 22 goals form 32 appearences and Richard Bowers, signed from Queen's Park on a free in January, who scored 10 in 14 games.

Squad

Thanks to telling the board I thought I could win them promotion they gave me £7k to spend which let me buy some decent players including Steven Cosgrove and Kenny Adamson. With 16 players being brought in and 8 leaving the squad started to look stronger, but took a while to gel. One disapointment was Fernando Screpis, signed on a free from Hearts and tipped to do well, he was injured for the rest of the season in only his second game for the club.

Transfers

So all in all it was a good season but the squad needs to be strengthened if we are going to avoid coming straight back down.

Well played Gypsum and good luck in Division 2 icon14.gif

Well done Gers51, saved yourself the play-off drama that I went through! Division 2 looks like it'll be tough. Made a couple of decent pre-season signings to improve the defence and got ex-Aldershot winger Louis Soares on a free transfer (he did well on a previous game with my home town Shots side).

Struggling to get hold of a good keeper though, especially with no transfer money. I'm hoping that I can get someone on loan but not having any luck so far. Nobody appreciates the glamour of Elgin!

A late/mid-season mini update for my 08/09 campaign.

After 25 games...

This season so far has been a real struggle. For the most part we have been stuck in 9th place and battling for points in the relegation dogfight with Peterhead. Until recently, there were only 1 or 2 points seperating us. The main problems being the lack of an experienced goalkeper, and a series of injuries to last seasons Player of the year, Duncan Goodall which means he has only 4 goals in 13 games this season. The only positives have been the consistency of Mustafa Hadji and right winger Paul Currie.

After a 6-0 drubbing against Dumbarton drastic changes were needed. I changed from my trusted 4-4-2 to an attacking 3-5-2 to exploit my strength in midfield. And there was instant success, thrashing Queens Park 4-1. I also brought the best of my U-18 players through to the bench of my first team squad to inject a bit of youthful enthusiasm.

I am now sitting 9 points clear of Peterhead and 4 behind 8th placed Queens Park. Hopefully we've dodged the bullet of relegation and can build for next season.

End of Season Update 08/09

At the start of the season after being given £4.5k as the wage budget but nothing to spend, I took some money out of the wage budget to spend on transfers. Most of this money was spent on bringing in better backroom staff. After realising that the current squad was not going to have a chance in Division 2 some of the deadwood in the squad was shifted and 14 players were brought in before the end of August, for a total of £6k. Among these was the star of the season, Alex Williams signed from Ayr on a free. Transfers

After a good first half of the season the table looked like this League Halfway

As you can see we were performing far above our expectations, being just 1 point of a play-off place but we were still only 9 points clear of the relegation play-off spot. A worrying sign was that we had the worst defence in the league, but we were also the 2nd highest scorers.

To try and bolster the defence I managed to get last season's first-choice keeper back on loan from Dunfermline, Greg Paterson, and Chris Lucketti was brought in to try and add experience to the defence. Also brought in on loan were Rangers youngster Thomas Kind Bendiksen, who came in and played excellently in midfield alongside Fernando Screpis. Charlie Bradshaw, an 18 year old striker, was brought in from Dunfermline for the 2nd half of the season and managed 11 goals in 19 games.

After going on a great run of games through February and March we managed to sneak into the play-offs ahed of Ayr with just 5 games to go, but 3 defeats in a row meant we were 1 point behind. Our next game was at home to Ayr and a double from Alex Williams meant we took a 2 point advantage going into the last game of the season, but with Ayr having a better goal difference we had to win to make sure of a play-off place. Also the win came at a cost with Alex Williams out for up to 3 weeks.

With Ayr travelling to 3rd place Queen's Park and us hosting relegated Cowdenbeath it gave us a great chance to stay 4th. After only 2 minutes Ayr took the lead at Hampden which meant we had to win, but just before half-time Cowdenbeath scored, meaning we had to score twice.

The scores stayed this way until the 75th minute when Bendiksen was put through one on one with keeper and slotted home to equalise. Time was running out, with Stenhousemuir creating few chances until the 86th minute when a cross into the box broke to Mark Ferry on the edge of the six yard box and he fired home to put us into the play-offs!

We faced Ross County in the play-offs with the first leg away from home. After going 4-0 down at half time we managed to pull one back to make the final score 4-1. Knowing we had to win by three goals we attacked from the off but with our finishing woeful, we went in at half time level. With time running out we manged a goal from Charlie Bradshaw with 15 minutes left and two minutes later Robert Downs scored to make it 2-0! Leaving us only needing one more goal to go through, but it never came leaving Ross County to go on and eventually get promoted.

League

Squad

So a good season and hopefully we can build on it for net season and strengthen the defence.

Well. They aren't overly bad. Just...I think we'll come bottom or just above.

Pre-season

Montrose V Inverdale XI: 3-3

Darn them greys!

Montrose V Selkirk: 1-3

We suck.

Montrose V Civil Service: 2-1

A win icon_biggrin.gif

Montrose V Cumnock: 2-2

Erm. It was even.

Montrose V Northwich Victoria: 1-1

Once again, we draw.

Afilliate:

Aberdeen!

On loan - David Ross(ST). Already had 3 so couldn't get anymore. Could have done with a goalie or defender though. icon_frown.gif

Summary:

Not so bad. Could be better. Hoping to come mid-table although I set expectations as near the bottom.

Unlucky Gers, you did well to get that close. It seems like a bit of a step up between divisions 3 and 2. Looks like i'm facing play-offs this season too... relegation play-offs!

Good luck Minisav. I think we all struggled in our pre-season games (I think greys are still too good.) so don't be disheartened!

End of season summary 08-09

Transfers

As the season began it became clear where the problems would be for the season. Top priority was to find a decent goalkeeper to replace last seasons loanee. There were few options, either on loan or to sign. In the end I settled on signing Elliot Ransom on a free. He is no where near what I wanted, but beggars can't be choosers. My two key signings were Louie Soares (ex-Aldershot winger) on a free, and Clark Kay (Defender L/C). Experienced Centre-back Arjan de Zeeuw signed on a free near the end of the season.

Elgin squad

The whole season was a struggle. Scaping points here and there to try and avoid automatic relegation. There was only one brief glint of form, but that was on the back of a 6-0 hammering at Dumbarton. At best, we got up to 8th in the league above Queens park. Although we slipped back down to our customary 9th position, the brief run took us clear of bottom placed Peterhead and we avoided the automatic relegation spot.

However, 9th place meant we were involved in the relegation play-offs. In the semi-final we were drawn against Arbroath. The first leg was away, and we fell to an uninspiring 1-0 defeat. The second eg was a mre dramatic encounter. We took the lead with a Goodall goal on 26 minutes only for them to level on 71 minutes. Knowing we needed two goals to go through, we went on the offensive and peppered the Arbroath goal. On the 82nd minute Paul Rudden scored after a poorly cleared corner. Then, on the 86th minute Louis Soares hit a ball across the face of the goal, only for Niall Crawford to slide across for the tap in. We held out, and won 3-2 on aggregate!

In the final, we faced Stranraer away. Despite going 2-1 down after 20 minutes, the game swung in our favour and we ended up winning 4-2. And that was with Hadji failing to convert a 90th minute penalty.

With 4 away goals we were confident for the second leg. We went behind after a 12th minute penalty. But on the 18th minute, 17 year-old striker Bryan Thomas equalised. Stranraer went 2-1 up on the 37th minute to make a game of it. But despite their efforts we won 5-4 on aggregate to stay up!

League

It was tough, but we've managed to get a second season in division 2. Hopefully the improvement in club finances will means we may be able to sign some better quality players. If not, then I will be looking to some products of the youth system. We have a few decent prospects at the club who were too young to make an impact this season. But it is only a matter of time before they break through.

My star man this season was again Duncan Goodall. In a season interrupted by injuries he made 21 starts and bagged himself 9 goals with a rating of 7.09. The only player to come close to him was Mustapha Hadji who scored 9 in 40 games with a 7.00 rating.

Just started my 09/10 season. Things are looking up! Made a shed load of signings (all free) which make for a more capable squad. Althought they are mostly young, they are much better than last seasons line-up. Undefeated in the first five games and sitting in third, even after a few key injuries.

Best bit of news so far, the signing of a 16 year-old regen by the name of Graham Hogarth. 6 goals in 6 games, and an average rating of 7.86. Watch this space! icon_wink.gif

End of Season Update 2009/10 - Stenhousemuir

After going through pre-season unbeaten for the first time, we carried on that form in the league by going unbeaten for the first 10 games, leaving us just behind 1st placed Raith and well clear of the rest of the league. With the league being a two-horse race ourselves and Raith were seperated by just a couple of points for most of the season, until about 15 games to go when 1 win in 4 put us five points behind. Then 10 wins in the last 13 games meant that we cruised to the title by 17 points and won promtion to the first division! icon_biggrin.gif

League

Position Graph

Without a doubt the signing of the season was Paul McGowan on loan from Celtic, who pitched in with a brilliant 41 goals in 40 games, 13 assists and had an average rating of 7.88. Another good signing was Ryan McCann from Queen's Park on a free who had an average rating of 7.25 and 11 assists.

Transfers

Squad

So hopefully we can attract players of the quality needed to keep us up next season and be given more money to spend.

Well done Gypsum on staying up, good luck on getting promotion.

Minisav, Gypsum's right the greys are still too good, I personally find it harder playing them than most third division teams, good luck in division 3.

Congratulations Gers. Nice job storming the league!

I'm currently sitting in 2nd place after 14 games, 4 points behind Airdrie. My 16 year old star is still playing brilliantly, and i've got David Templeton on loan from Hearts who has been blinding up front.

End of season summary 09/10 - Elgin

After last seasons close call with relegation, I was determined to strengthen the squad considerably for this season. Despite the lack of any transfer funds, I made a number of signings particularly to bolster up the defence.

Transfers

The signings made an immediate impact in the first XI with Michael Andrews stepping in as the new Number one. Three of the back four were replaced with Conrad Balatoni, John Travers and Alan Love, all under 20, joining left-back Clark Kay.

The midfield core was also replaced, with Lee Nichol and Luke Sharry stepping in. And although Hadji started the season on the right wing, he was replaced mid season by Hearts loanee, Sean Mackle.

Up front it was all change with 16 year old Graham Hogarth and versatile forward Zander Knox joining the front line. Brian Thomas started the season in the first team side, but picked up a torn calf muscle to miss 4 months, and failed to re-establish himself in the first team. This was mostly to do with another loan signing, David Templeton from Hearts. Although he joined a few months in to the season he instantly established himself in the first team side. Derek Oxley also joined on a free transfer from Broughty Athletic in the transfer window.

The season started as it went on. All in all, we lost few games, scored bags of goals, but too many games ended in draws. Because of our inability to finish with 3 points, we were soon lagging behind first place Airdrie. But because of our ability to finish most matches with at least a point we soon established a lead over the chasing playoff pack.

The squad in general performed way beyond expectations. The highlight early in the season was the form of 16 year-old Graham Hogarth. he bagged 6 in his first six games and continued to play well throughout the entire season. He finished the season with 27 starts, 11 goals, 16 assists and a rating of 7.37.

The defence took a while to gel, but they soon started producing solid displays. The star man of the back line was right-back Alan Love. He played every single game, and got a rating of 7.25, getting 7 goals, mostly from set-pieces.

In midfield, Louis Soares showed the potential he failed to meet last season, playing brilliantly on the left wing. But the stars of midfield were the central pairing Of Nichol and Sharry.

But up front is where the real star performance happened. Loan signing David Templeton instantly created a formidable partnership with Graham Hogarth. By the end of the season he had scored an astonishing 39 goals in 29 games with 15 Man of the Match awards, and a rating of 8.14. It was obvious how the partnership worked, with Hogarth's 16 assists met with just 3 assists from Templeton in return!

Towards the end of the season, Hogarth was out for 2 months with fractured ribs. He was covered by transfer window signing, 18 year-old Turks & Caicos islands international, Derek Oxley. By the end of the season he proved himself more than adequate cover. Netting 9 times in his 14 starts.

Squad (without loan players)

Sean Mackle

David Templeton

So, at the end of the season we found ourselves siting in second place and facing a third consecutive season of play-off drama.

League table

In our first match, we faced Raith. We won the first leg 1-0 after a Templeton goal on 27 minutes. The second leg was more darmatic. We found ourselves 2-0 down after 25 minutes and staring defeat in the face. Templeton got one back just before half time and then completed his brace on 75 minutes to seal the victory.

In the second leg we were to face Queen of the south. Throughout the season they had proven to be our bogey side with three draws and one defeat at their hands. But the first leg went against the form books. Derek Oxley opened the scoring in the first minute, and went on to complete his hat-trick before half time. Sean Mackle also scored on 18 minutes to put us 4-0 up at the break. They got one back in the second half and the match ended 4-1. The second leg was a closer encounter. Alan Love scored a trademark header on 16 minutes, and Oxley put us two up with a goal after 28. The victory was as good as sealed, and despite a consolation goal on 85 minutes, we went on to claim the 2-1 victory on the day. Sealing the result 6-2 on aggregate.

And Elgin are promoted to Division 1!!!

For next season we'll need to strengthen the squad. But also the facilities at the club need improvement if we wish to compete at that level. Our young squad has bags of potential, but I think the training facilities aren't helping them achieve it. Hopefully, with a bit of money in the bank, the club can take the step up.

minisav - 2008/09 Season Update

Montrose are now officially a 2nd Divison team. icon_biggrin.gif

Table

Although I did get this icon_eek.gif

Squad

My best player by far was this guy. He scored 21 goals, got 7 assists and 7 Man of the Matches in 19 appearances. Sad thing was, he didn't want to come back after he left around Christmas time. icon_frown.gif Neither did my best Left Mid either. icon_frown.gif

Cups

I was really successful here. icon_smile.gif

Challenge Cup:

Round 1: Ross County V Montrose: 0-3

Wood (2) and Baird got the other.

Round 2: Montrose V Dumbarton: 5-0

Do I have to list them? Wood got 1 anyway.

Round 3: Brechin V Montrose: 0-2

Two 90th minute goals including another by Mr. Wood secured this win.

Semi-Final: Montrose V St. Johnstone: 1-0

Wood again!

Final: Morton V Montrose: 0-1

Guess who? icon_razz.gif

League Cup:

Round 1: Montrose V Brechin: 2-0

Wood double. I played them in this cup first.

Round 2: Montrose V Dundee: 1-0

Wood again. Who else, eh?

Round 3: Hibernian V Montrose: 0-0 (2-3 pens)

A close one! I was bricking myself when it went to pens.

Quarter Final: Kilmarnock V Montrose: 1-0

They scored in the 120th minute too. icon_frown.gif

Scottish Cup:

Round 2: Inverurie Loco Works V Montrose: 1-1

After they got a man sent off I thought I was going to win. We couldn't score though. icon_frown.gif Wood scored again!

Round 2 Replay: Montrose V Inverurie Loco Works: 4-3

After going comfortably 4-1 up we went on cruise control. They clawed 2 back through some 'grey'

in the 88th and 90th minute.

Round 3: Montrose V Keith: 2-1

Wood got one again. Goal Machine!

Round 4: Dundee V Montrose: 0-1

We had lost Wood by this point but new loan signing Jonathan Crawford from parent club Aberdeen put us through in the 90th minute.

Round 5: Montrose V Brechin: 1-0

Another 90th minute strike from Crawford put us through.

Quarter Final: Celtic V Montrose: 8-0

Destroyed. icon_frown.gif two 90th minute goals flattered them a bit although 6-0 isn't much better.

Summary

A fantastic season which I hope to build on by not getting relegated next season.

Good work Minisav! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Although I did get this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had exactly the same thing. It seems to be a bug relating to the playoff system.

End Of Season Update 2010/11 - Stenhousemuir

With Rangers becoming our parent club we managed to get 4 players in on loan, including Archie Campbell who was the top scorer for the season even though he missed the last 2 months of the season with a broken arm.

Transfers

Archie Campbell

Squad

With ourselves and Ross County struggling all season it was a battle between the two of us to avoid the automatic relegation spot. Coming into the last game of the season we were level on points, but with Ross County having a much better goal difference, we had to better their result to go ahead of them.

We were away to Hamilton on the final day and Ross County travelled to Morton. After 25 minutes Hamilton were 3-0 up on us and it was almost certain that we were going down, to rub it in to us even more with Morton taking the lead just after half time, we knew a draw would have been enough to get us into the play-off. With 9 minutes left we managed to pull one back through Chris Mackie but we needed two more, with exactly 90 mins on the clock we managed another goal through Leigh Griffiths. With four minutes added on there was still a chance of an equaliser and it came with a minute to go a deflected strike from on loan midfielder Stephen Stirling just crossed the line and put us into the playoffs!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Stenhousemuir v Hamilton

League

Meeting Clyde in the semi final, we magaed a 2-2 draw away from home, after being 2-0 up, and in the return leg we hammered them 4-0, with hat trick from Leigh Griffiths, to put us into the final against Stirling. Despite having by far the better of the first leg it finished 0-0 away from home. In the second leg we had the same amount of domination but mangaed to convert our chances to win 3-0, and keep us up!

So it was a nervewracking season but we just managed to stay up and hopefully we can improve next season.

Well done Gypsum on getting promotion, good luck in division 1. icon14.gif I found the step up much bigger than from division 3 to 2.

Well done minisav on going up and winning the challenge cup icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ttaammiiss:

didnt realise it said you have to pick one of the clubs under 2000 reputation , i've started with east fife , so i'm gonna just continue with them if thats okay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to! It's a running joke in dafuge's challenge that only real men choose teams under 100 rep. Unrealgod just thought he'd refer to it in his own. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ttaammiiss:

didnt realise it said you have to pick one of the clubs under 2000 reputation , i've started with east fife , so i'm gonna just continue with them if thats okay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to! It's a running joke in dafuge's challenge that only real men choose teams under 1000 rep. Unrealgod just thought he'd refer to it in his own. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

End of Seasons 2007-08

2nd division here we come

started off unbeaten in the first 19 games in the league before finally losing to east stirling , final table was this Final League Table

hers hoping for a sucessfull season in division 2 next year icon_smile.gif

Cups -

Not so good , was draw away to dundee in both the challenge cup and the league cup , lost 2-1 and 3-1 respectively , not to dissapointing

transfers

signed alot of youngsters hoping to find a few diamonds in there only time will tell , managed to sign leigh hinds and steven campbell who have played at a higher level , with hinds finishing on 10 goals in the league only beaten to east fife's top scorer by paul mcmanus on 16

End of Season Squad

records

3rd division records

Archived