Setting Season bonuses make no difference whatsoever?

I have noticed that choosing the player bonuses for winning leagues, cups etc makes no difference at all to performance..

For example i could offer my squad the lowest bonuses for winning league etc, and they will still win every game...

I won the champions league, winning every game. However, in the league cup playing my strongest side I was beaten in the quarter finals by a championship side

Have other people noticed this?

Its coming up to the time when I need to offer my bonuses for the season, and i'm thinking of offering the minimum lowest amounts possible.

Do you think this will make me less likely to do well, and my players to perform as well?

At the moment i don't think this decision is even factored into the game, the decision is simply used to calculate how much you pay at the end of the season. It dosen't effect the players morale, dertermination, performance in big games etc

Thanks for your comments and thoughts guys

Alternatively, I have offered maximum bonuses for all competitions only to lose and play poorly.

I am talking about managing the same team.

Has anyone else noticed this? You might as well just offer your squad the minimum bonus for all competitions entered as this decision has no effect on the performance whatsoever.

I hace read that offering higher season bonuses for certain competitions makes you more likely to perform better. This is simply not true.

Simiarly, it dosen't work in priorotising which trophy you want to win most. I tried as an experiment to offer the minimum bonus for champions league, and the maximum bonus for the league cup

I have noticed that choosing the player bonuses for winning leagues, cups etc makes no difference at all to performance..

For example i could offer my squad the lowest bonuses for winning league etc, and they will still win every game...

I won the champions league, winning every game. However, in the league cup playing my strongest side I was beaten in the quarter finals by a championship side

Have other people noticed this?

Its coming up to the time when I need to offer my bonuses for the season, and i'm thinking of offering the minimum lowest amounts possible.

Do you think this will make me less likely to do well, and my players to perform as well?

At the moment i don't think this decision is even factored into the game, the decision is simply used to calculate how much you pay at the end of the season. It dosen't effect the players morale, dertermination, performance in big games etc

Thanks for your comments and thoughts guys

Alternatively, I have offered maximum bonuses for all competitions only to lose and play poorly.

I am talking about managing the same team.

Has anyone else noticed this? You might as well just offer your squad the minimum bonus for all competitions entered as this decision has no effect on the performance whatsoever.

I hace read that offering higher season bonuses for certain competitions makes you more likely to perform better. This is simply not true.

Simiarly, it dosen't work in priorotising which trophy you want to win most. I tried as an experiment to offer the minimum bonus for champions league, and the maximum bonus for the league cup

Just to add that in the above example I set bonuses for champions league to lowest and won every game.

I set bonuses for league cup to highest maximum amount, and was beaten by a lower divison team, of far less ability in the quarter final.

The league cup, according to my bonuses set was meant to be my priority.

It often gives several of my players a morale boost when it is initially announced, so it is worth it for that alone. On their personal screen it says "is inspired by the prospect of large collective bonuses" or something like that. Whether they actually then try harder in the actual games, I'm afraid I have no idea.

I upped one of my bonuses and towards the end of the season we were on target to win that competition and a couple of players became motivated because of the financial bonus on offer. Some other players got hacked off with those guys and started moaning about them.

Thanks for the input.

I am using the responses to help me decide whether to simply setting season bonuses to lowest as possible.

It seems, other than an initial morale boost it has very little if any effect.

Just like when you are asked before every game a question by the media, and your response will effect 3 or 4 players on there personal screen with something like "is really fired up for the game against Bolton".

Only to disappear after the game has been played, or replaced by another comment when you answer the next media question.

i usually use normal bonuses, but i also think it doesnt make any difference because when i used the higher bonuses some players would say they were motivated by the money however they're performances were nothing special and some of them werent even able to get 1st team place. my players moral is always good because i keep winning games so i dont even know if the money affected player moral.

Thanks DeathSpawn,

Call me a cheapskate if you like, but its got to the stage where the huge bonuses I am paying is more money than I have earnt in prize money and revenue in winning the competitions.

I think i'll take my chances of being tight with money, and hoping that it won'e effect the effort my players put in. As I have said I don't think it will.

I was in league 2, I was a shoe in to win the league and get promoted, however i was in red and didnt fancy the huge payout (a million or so) that would accompany winning the league compared with the small prize money (100k) so I went with the low win bonus, this left about 5 players really demoralised which really effected the start to the season and thus everyone elses morale, i ended up finishing that season in the playoffs which i lost in the final.

The next season i set it as high and went up as champions with a pretty much unchanged squad.

So yeah i now never bother setting it to low to try and save money! haha

does a players ability to handle pressure have anything to do with it cause if you offer someone a huge bonus and it comes to a crunch match they might start worrying about not getting the money and others will just put it out of their mind.

Also would a players ambition or whatever stat affects how much money they want affest it aswell?

In my first season with hayes and yeading i offered normal bonuses for cup and league, and well my players were on fire we raked up 100 goals in the league and won it by 10 points(though that could be thanks to my super loanee James walker from charlton but goals were comming from allover the pitch), in the cups i got into the fa cup 2nd round(which did wonders for my bank balance w000t), knocked out in quarter final for fa trophey, and we won the setanta shield.

In the second season i offered low bonus for my league(thinking it wouldnt do anything) then 3 of my players morale goes to very poor, and it says they are disappointed by the low bonuses, 2 of the players i barely play, but the jespersson who i do play in DC, Plays rubbish, I've even noticed the match commentary saying "jespersson has been playing with no confidence" icon_frown.gif stupid money driven players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> it comes to a crunch match they might start worrying about not getting the money and others will just put it out of their mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They still get money, just not as much, so I can't see this being a factor.

It does make a difference. Like it's been said, it gives a morale boost to some players. This helps in a good start to the season, if you win all 5 of your first games, then everyones morale is going to be high. If you offer low prizes then morale maybe low leading to a poor start which will in turn affect everyones morale and it could go on for ages. So it CAN have a major affect but it won't always be a major factor.

I find the opposite, my team seems to win more with a higher collective bonus.

However, because of this I only ever use High, so I haven't got any real evidence.

A few of my players get morale boosts, inspired by the prospect of "proper" collective win bonuses, which suggests that last season's were improper. They like to be spoilt, my players.

I play with them at normal usually but I put the cup bonus at high as we were knocked out in the 2nd round the season before. We've made it to the fifth round, including beating two teams in a higher tier.

So, just as in real life, I don't think it's everything, but it certainly helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

it comes to a crunch match they might start worrying about not getting the money and others will just put it out of their mind.

They still get money, just not as much, so I can't see this being a factor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what i meant was some players might get nervous about a match due to the bonus being so high and all the pressure from teammates to win and get the money

When my redditch was in debt and I hit upon the idea of reducing the season bonuses for the season, there was hell to pay.

Half my squad had extremely poor morale for half the season. Morale for the team was always rated at rock bottom by my assistant manager.

Did it affect my team's performances? Definitely. That season was a long hard slog and I won't be setting low bonuses again without at least thinking thrice.

Archived