Joao Moutinho

bigdavecox90

strangely, i signed him in 08 as a squad player cos he was young..

he got postly 6-7 never scored...

then as he matured, i think when he turned 25, he started scoring 30 yard screamers and threading defence splitting passes... became indispensable....

in 08, his mental stats much out weighed his technical stats, besides passing, his first touch, dribbling and technique stats were not fantastic.

not sure if he turns out good in 09.

if i do buy him, will report back if her turns good.

same problem for me playing as man city bought moutinho and veloso. veloso plays brillaint gets few goals too but moutinho has not scored in any competition and its now the 20th december in my game and i dont think he has had a rating better than about 6.5 the whole time

I bought him for 13m with Man City, he was ok to start with but things got worse until out of the blue he strung together a superb 4 games in March where he kicked 5 goals and got 3 man of the match awards for me. I accepted a 40m offer from Barca but he declined due to poor contract offer

I had a dilemma.... either Joao Moutinho or Veloso!

went for Veloso in the end simply because he was a much more rounded player! turns out i made a good decision!!

Both of them imo, Miguel holding and Joao let off the leash from the middle of the park!

Scored some amazing goals for my Man City team, although I have seen posted elsewhere that Miguel Veloso bangs them in from a mroe advanced position :)

like in real life (actually), unfortunately... :|

great pack of skills but poor play. regular but below expectations...

having too much versatility makes him play out of his natural position many times. that doesn't helps, too...

• 2 months later...

Fwiw, part of the reason that he may not be getting high ratings is due to the MCa bug.

Even is a MC/AMC plays very well they sometimes get bad ratings, on the 9.2.0 patch anyway.

I'm sure HoPeY will be able to tell you how to stop this bug having such an effect on his ratings.

he just needs the right instructions tbh...

he's not very good at playing the archetypal centre mid and needs the freedom to roam

and as arsenal says.... attacking mc's dont get great ratings on the game... they perform but they dont ge teh ratings.... which you should'nt be worrying about if he's scoring and assisting :)

he is probably the worst player ive EVER had on fm, i brought him for 9 million for my valencia side along with veloso, and veloso shone while moutinho struggled horribly. After 40 or so games he had managed 1 goal and 3 assists but thankfully i was somehow able to ship him off to inter for 18 million (double what i paid :D) and use the money to buy werder's diego

if you plan to play with a mc I think mouthinho is better than both. veloco can play as mc but he needs to be performing on dmc to be effective. on the other hand mouthinho somehow battles with conditioning issues on my game. stephen ireland? i dont know much about him, he looks like he is goner.

Sorry if someone has already said about this...if your running patch 9.02 then it just so happens that the more creative MCa/AMC tends to have below average ratings...to sort it out its an idea before hitting the 90th minute (so around 87-88) move him back into DMC and this will bring him up closewr to his TRUE rating...it may work and mostly does... so maybe give that a go?!

I bought it for 24Million Pounds..... 5 months injuries after 1 matches aka 15 minutes.....

After return play for 15matches 2 assists, rating 5.98.....WORST in The TEAM!!! Loan and sold to Juventus for 16m! Each game cost me 250k!!

WORST BUY.....:(

Archived