Out of Memory????

I have been forced to install the game again and now it comes up with the message

'FM09 is running dangerously low on memory and will have to close'

It was just installed and if anything was done in the meantime, it would of meant more memory being freed up!!!

Can anyone help????

i just did a restart.....same problem.

i too have plenty of memory and ram.

it doesn't explain how it was running just a while ago and now it apparently can't because of a lack of memory

i'm pretty to giving up on this game, selling it and telling everyone i know not to buy it.

i just did a restart.....same problem.

i too have plenty of memory and ram.

it doesn't explain how it was running just a while ago and now it apparently can't because of a lack of memory

i'm pretty to giving up on this game, selling it and telling everyone i know not to buy it.

What season are you playing now? Did you install the patch for the game?

Right, now I have uninstalled/re-installed the game,

freed up about a gig of hard disk memory so its now way over the minimum requirements,

restarted the laptop,

and its still doing it.

Blanchflower.......I havent got that far mate, I can't get past the opening screen

Somebody wanna explain to me why everyone has needed a patch since THE 1ST DAY OF RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that everyone has paid £28 for the privelage of being a Beta-tester

Its not right that I have to go onto a forum where well meaning people say 'ok you need to do this and that' to get it to work.

I've bought a brand new game, legit from a respected store, WHY doesn't it F****N WORK!

yup, got about 230 gb free on the hard drive. And, yes, I think its a prob with vista and 4gb, remember vaguely something about that vista 32 bits only use 2gb for some reason and you need to manually edit/force it to use more then 2 gb (go to command prompt and write something), but I cant remember what to write :(

hi everyone. im having the same problem too??

im into my second season just a few games. basically if i press continue at this certain point it closes saying the same as the above.

i have 1gb of ram, a 3.00ghz processor and im running on xp,

im using 35 gb in my C: drive and have 108gb free.

my virtual memory initial 1536 and max 3072

i uped my ram from 512mb today and its made no difference... any one who can help??

Is it a problem with Vista and 4gb?

I have vista and this amount of ram installed although 3.3gb is only available to me because of the 32bit limitations of windows but still more than enough for FM. When windows loads what else does it load? ie how many icons do you have on the bottom right of your desktop. Try running a virus scan and spyware scan because something sound very odd to me. This should not be happening.

I don't have that exact problem, but i'm experiencing a massive lag in the game. It started already in august in the first season. I just had to comment it since it seems like there's more people who's having problems. And it seems like most of those people are the ones with Windows Vista with 4GB RAM; like me.

Nothing that isn't vital for the system to run isn't running on my computer. Tried defragmenting, clean up the harddrive, cleaning registry, looked for virus etc. Nothing works.

I had this problem once when I exited the game without saving - when I tried to start the game up again, I got that message. It was as if FM hadn't released the memory back to the computer when it had quit. A simple restart of the PC solved it though. Made testing my media pack take a bit longer though :D

Hi All,

I think that this is a bug.

It's got nothing to do with your computer.

I've heard that the bug will be fixed in the next patch, hopefully.

I have the same problem. - can't even load FM09 before the message pop up.

Hello,

I'm not about the technical cause of this problem - it doesn't affect everyone which would suggest that there is a specific local cause (a piece of shared hardware, etc) that is making it happen.

Can I ask that you speak to Customer Services - who you can reach here - so they can get an idea of your machine spec? They may also be able to provide some specific advice to rectify this.

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Cheers

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

It is happening to me as well in my 1 GB of RAM, 3.2Ghz Athlon Processor, Nvidia 5700FX System. It just happens on a specific date, on a specific save, when the game is starting to calculate the results of an Uefa Cup Eliminatory (awful lot of games, but still). Already tried improving virtual memory, without results. I'm defragmentating my system ATM to try and sort this out, but still...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived