Ronaldo.

CHINNERY

Had a search and couldnt find anything on the big man.....

Been having a little go on the demo and noticed that legendary pie eating striker Ronaldo was available on a free transfer, but that hes crocked for a few months.

So ...has anyone signed him , does he make a recovery and bang in the goals or is his career finished?

"pie eater" and "big man"

People show him absolutely no respect despite the fact he is the greatest forward definetly since the 90's and perhaps one of the best of all time.

When people say Ronaldo i dont think cristiano i think Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima because he is a legend and will never be surpassed by little wannabe divers like cristiano. You dont even deserve a proper answer.

Well evilscotsman , I too think of ronaldo (the big one) when i hear the name, and was surprised that i couldnt find any threads on him with the search function.He was my fav player when i was a kid.

As for getting upset at calling him a pie eater....

Im sure even a big fan such as yourself would acknowledge that Ronaldo has been stuffing too many chocolate bars and fish suppers down his gob when no one has been watching.

So is anyone going to answer the question

it wouldnt let me sign him because he failed a medical presumably due to his injury but will probs give it another go once hes recovered, i am sunderland so if hes willing to come i cant do much better than an old unfit ronaldo (dont get me wrong he was awesome but can he recover from this back to top level at the age of 32?).

Well evilscotsman , I too think of ronaldo (the big one) when i hear the name, and was surprised that i couldnt find any threads on him with the search function.He was my fav player when i was a kid.

As for getting upset at calling him a pie eater....

Im sure even a big fan such as yourself would acknowledge that Ronaldo has been stuffing too many chocolate bars and fish suppers down his gob when no one has been watching.

So is anyone going to answer the question

Mate, I answered your question above your post.

People show him absolutely no respect despite the fact he is the greatest forward definetly since the 90's and perhaps one of the best of all time.

Are you seriously comparing this guy to the likes of Pele? Sure, Ronaldo was great in his prime, but the last few years he has just gone down the drain, whereas Pele was outstanding for the entirety of his playing career.

If Ronaldo kept fit, your opinion may sound a little bit more plausible.

Make sure you have Large database loaded.

ps. Probably Ronaldo would be more appreciated if he didn't spend his life eating and drinking (or even being more lucky with injuries)

Take for example Krzysztof Warzycha. He played for Panathinaikos till the age of 40 (and even appeared in CM1 Italia as the only player from Greece). In his life I think he might never slept after midnight :-)

Are you seriously comparing this guy to the likes of Pele? Sure, Ronaldo was great in his prime, but the last few years he has just gone down the drain, whereas Pele was outstanding for the entirety of his playing career.

there's a big difference between saying he was one of the best strikers of all time or comparing him to Pelé. You don't have to be of Pelé's standard to be considered one of the best the game has ever seen.

No one wants to purchase him on my save, it seems that everyone has forgotten that he's the best striker in the modern game. I have Vela and Balotelli in my team so I don't think I'll get him either... However, he only wants £8000 a week and his stats are perfect!

Pele didnt prove himself in Europe he only done it in Brazil....But Ronaldo done it in Europe for every team he played for i can say after Diego Maradona he is the best player ive ever watched :) he is.... O Fenomeno!!

This thread reminded me of him, and I used to and still am a big fan. I tried picking him up in January but a bidding frenzy saw him go to some crap Spanish team, Espanyol or Betis I think :(. I even offered him more than he demanded and told him he'd be in the rotation (I lied). :(

i'm with Evilscotsman 1000%

THE Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima

I'll sign him , with 5 years contract if he agree . I'll make him Retired in a A-list team ..

a living legend like him CAN'T hang up his boot playing for minor team or no team at all .

Tried to sign him, he wanted £13500 a week, offered upto £18000 along with all the other bonuses etc. at a higher rate, and he still didnt come.

He is a Legend though, only if we disgard the ladyboy thing, haha.......

i'll gave him what ever he want ... he deserve it .

i think this has gone from a Football manager 09 question to a question on real life morals. Keep it to the Football manager people :) Everyone has different opinions just try not to create conflict via them.

Back onto the football manager scene i'de say he'd be a good signing for Aston Villa throwing in the odd apparence although i wouldn't give hima lick of 10k a week.

Yes, World Cup leading scorer, destroyed defences both before and after his serious injuries. One of the best ever, definetly !!!

can see him as the perfect partner to Andy Johnson, AJ will do all his running and he can just finish everything, as soon as he gets over his terrible injury. Then its all about hiring a coach to train him and him only, i will get him back to his best = ]

I have him for Newcastle, more out of curiosity than anythign else. Just wondering whether whether FM can be as clever as to offer someone like the chance to get as good (or close) as he was. Take Figo at Inter, McAllister at Liverpool, Sheringham, etc; just seemed in older games that players over 32/33 just declined until there were useless has beens that couldn't run more than 2 seconds without needing a rest.

Quick tip...he wanted 40k+ from me when i first offered him a deal, in the end i took him on trial for 4weeks and 3days into the trial he only wanted 5.75k a week....snapped up!! Playing for Rangers for 3months and scored 12in16, and not a sign of another injury. Great buy

Pele didnt prove himself in Europe he only done it in Brazil....But Ronaldo done it in Europe for every team he played for i can say after Diego Maradona he is the best player ive ever watched :) he is.... O Fenomeno!!

European football was no better than Brazilian one back then, as Pelé proved himself here and in the World Cup, there is little doubt he is the best Brazilian player ever and in my opinion the best player ever too.

If Maradona were Brazilian, I doubt he would even be our 2nd best player ever (Garrincha >>> Maradona). :)

As for Ronaldo (not the fake Portuguese one), he was our best player in recent years and he was as good as Romário, but he is too injury prone to be a good signing. :(

I signed him on a free as back up to owen and martins and he certainly did not set the place alight. To be fair i always bring him on as a late sub. Didn't score in 10 appearances in first season but the man sure got some magic left. He scored one 40 yard goal for me in season 2. As long as you can keep him happy, he may be a good backup..though he skipped my training twice already...

If Maradona were Brazilian, I doubt he would even be our 2nd best player ever (Garrincha >>> Maradona). :)

If Pele played in Maradona's place for Argentina in '86, I seriously doubt they would have won a thing...

Sorry to get off of FM. I would happily sign him as a backup striker. Pace is not essential after all, and he would surely score a few whilst your better players are injured.

i signed him for my liverpool team my strikers are owen, torres, keane, kuyt sumtimes and ronaldo he has been firing on all fronts for me scoring 15 goals in 10 games a billiant free transfer and wage only at 7,000 he currently plays up front with torres and owen in a 4-3-3 formation..... i brought keirrison in january to train him up hopefully he will turn out good like ppl are saying so i can get rid of keane who was done nothing since the beggining of the season

Why don't we name all players and staff by their appearance and style: W. Rooney (the bald one), C. Ronaldo (the diving one), P. Crouch (the one with funny ears and teeth), G. Southgate (the one with mammoth ears). Feel free to add more names to list.

Tony Adams ( the donkey )

Martin Keown ( the monkey head )

I'm Man Utd and keeping tabs on him until he's back from that injury. In November and Rooney hasn't scored, Berbatov scored twice in the Champions League (none in EPL), and Michael Owen (bought for 7million) hasn't scored yet. Relied on my midfield so far (and not C. Ronaldo yet, he hasn't scored either). Ronaldo is my last hope!

I signed Ronaldo for Middlesbrough. He did okay though the fans didn't really ever take to him. My first two strikers were Dean Ashton and Alves (I shipped out Aladiere etc.) so he was reduced to a substitute role...but he netted me 3 goals in 10 appearances as a substitute, which I thought was a decent return. This season he's only managed 1 goal in 13 though, but I've just left to join Lazio so he's not my problem ;)

Seriously though, I'd sign him if I was you. Yes he asks for like £32k a week, but if you need a back up striker then I don't think there's anyone else you can get for that kinda money...seeing as he's free.

I've just scouted Ronaldo (halfway through the 2nd season, Jan 19th, 2010) and hes rated as "a good signing for most Serie B sides" so if you're looking for a long term player, look elsewhere...but just for old times sakes to see him net you a few, I'd still get him. Whenever he scored I got that feel goof factor like when he finally scored in a World Cup a few years ago after all those calls for him to be dropped.

Archived