Premiership Stadium Requirements??

Hi there, i like to think im a veteran on FM (been playin since that amazin christmas day wen my mum bought me cm 01/02, wen i was a little 13 yr old lol) and i always bring success to whichever club ive managed, be it newcastle, bristol city - down to hull & weymouth.

On FM08 im on the brink of getting promoted to the premiership with mighty Burton Albion, which so far i must say is probably my fave game ever so far. This is all down to a man called Nathan Jarman who got me to the Championship via successive promotions from da conference, but who has now been sold (couldnt score anymore lol) and been replaced by a freebie called Orlando from some portuguese team, hes gona be a legend. And also a couple of awesome players called Celso Borges & Eduardo Ledesma.

Sorry ive gone completely off topic haha.

Anyway, im almost certain im gona get promoted but when da board upgraded my stadium, they only done so by a lousy 1000+ seats so my capacity is just over the 8000 mark, and its constantly filled out. Could anybody tell me if there is a certain capacity requirement needed for the Premiership? I know they have this rule in the SPL but i dunno if its been implemented into the game.

Quick feedback please, im at work lol

Sound

Hi there, i like to think im a veteran on FM (been playin since that amazin christmas day wen my mum bought me cm 01/02, wen i was a little 13 yr old lol) and i always bring success to whichever club ive managed, be it newcastle, bristol city - down to hull & weymouth.

On FM08 im on the brink of getting promoted to the premiership with mighty Burton Albion, which so far i must say is probably my fave game ever so far. This is all down to a man called Nathan Jarman who got me to the Championship via successive promotions from da conference, but who has now been sold (couldnt score anymore lol) and been replaced by a freebie called Orlando from some portuguese team, hes gona be a legend. And also a couple of awesome players called Celso Borges & Eduardo Ledesma.

Sorry ive gone completely off topic haha.

Anyway, im almost certain im gona get promoted but when da board upgraded my stadium, they only done so by a lousy 1000+ seats so my capacity is just over the 8000 mark, and its constantly filled out. Could anybody tell me if there is a certain capacity requirement needed for the Premiership? I know they have this rule in the SPL but i dunno if its been implemented into the game.

Quick feedback please, im at work lol

Sound

nice one, cheers m8. hopefully theyl build me a brand new stadium if i do get promoted (top by 4 pts wiv 14 games to go).

Have you ever had experience of a brand new one bein built for any of your teams? i just wanna know how long it would take while i struggle with a massive 8000 (3000 seated) stadium lol. Id be missing out on millions of revenue that i would need if i went down aswel.

Again, quick feedback please, im in work, but the bosses are in a meeting lol

cheers

yeh same with me, im usually newcastle, but find i get bored pretty quickly now wen managing a top team. im aiming for world dominance with Burton Albion by the 2020/2021 season.

But thanks for the help m8.

Thought id like to let u know that the season before the current one, liverpool pipped chelsea to the title on the last day of the season after bein 12 pints behind with 6 games left (oh no, flashback of '96 of newcastle f**kin it up lol) and are currently top, man utd & MIDDLESBROUGH joint second lol. im at the start of feb, so not long to go. Chelsea & Arsenal 17th & 18th respectively lmao. Im only in 2011 and there on the way down already. Quite a strange game this one, Newcastle got relegated on da last day of the first season but went back up at the 2nd attempt, and are midtable.

Im gona be cocky tho and predict i get into europe in my first season which is a big task seeing as ive won successive promotions evry season by winning the league, won every trophy i can the way. Thats my mission wiv Burton, to win evry trophy possible in england. I think theyve already won the conference north whatever it is. And so far ive won the FA Trophy, Setanta Shield, Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1 & Johnstones Paint Trophy.

Try ur hand at a lower team mate, you get more satisfaction knowing youve improved the team all the time, and turnt nobodies into (hopefully) european & world club champions.

Thanks for the feedback anyways m8, much appreciated. Ill let u know wat da board say if i get promoted. check back tomorrow or saturday, should have finished current season then.

Sound

lol its exactly what i am doin!! got a decent save with liverpool in 2014, but going through Dafuge's challenge now, with the mighty Chippenham Town!! challlenging for the BSP title at the mo, and loving every minute of it! icon14.gif

you get back to work anyways!! icon_razz.gif

Well I believe your stadium will have to be converted to an all seater due to H+S regulations (curse those perishers!).

For some reason the number 10,000 rings a bell but I could be completely wrong.

I've never taken a team with a small capacity up the leagues before so I cannot say what will happen when you (hopefully icon_smile.gif ) win promotion icon_smile.gif Good Luck!!

Just a friendly pointer, not all members of the forums have English as their first language so you may want to refrain from using text speak so that all members can understand what you are saying icon_smile.gif That and its one of the forum house rules...

Satdium rules weren't implemented in FM06 and as far as I'm aware they haven't been added since. I took Whitley Bay into the Premiership with a 4500 capacity stadium with only ~half (if that) of that seated back in FM06 and I was still able to play in the stadium. The board did upgrade it though to something like 13,000 capacity by the end of that first Premiership season.

yeh sorry about that, just a habit, hard to stop Been a member for years and keep doing it.

Yeah just need to know because i dont want to win promotion and then be refused entry to the premiership icon_frown.gif. You get £12m for TV rights so hopefully the board will plow that into the stadium as the training and youth facilities are almost as good as some premiership teams, even better (top training & good youth facilities)

Thanks for the help boss! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

just quick question aswel, how come im only a part-timer and glamdring is a semi-pro? ive been a member since 2003 and i dont think my rank has improved lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its how many posts you have made which determines your rank as to speak

well i better get posting then lol. nah jokin, i only really ever come on here when i need an answer which is rarely lol.

If anyone is quite a way into their game, 2013 and over etc. can you let me know how those players i mentioned above are developing (celso borges, eduardo ledesma, orlando, kenneth stenild & nicolas milian) if they are on your game because i think ive trained them up pretty well so far, theyre just a little incosistent.

cheers peeps, better get back to work for 10 minutes i spose lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">8000 (3000 seated) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't premier league grounds have to all seated at least? It's probably not coded into the game but I thought that was the rule.

yeah something to do with health & safety after hillsbrough i think. I dont know why but i just like big stadiums. just depressing lookin at ur 8000 stadium in the championship at da bottom of the list when the rest have 20000+ lol

I quite like the challenge it brings. In FM07 my Stockport team had lower attendances in the Premiership than every team in the Championship, a few in League 1 and even League 2 side Tranmere had higher attendances than us.

We rose majestically to the occasion, however, and got comfortably relegated icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

This is all down to a man called Nathan Jarman who got me to the Championship via successive promotions from da conference, but who has now been sold (couldnt score anymore lol) and been replaced by a freebie called Orlando from some portuguese team, hes gona be a legend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How come EVERYONE seems to be gettin brilliant results from Nathan Jarman? In another post about LL players everybody was singing his praises, but for my Kidderminster team he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!! I've even got the board and fans on my back for signing him in the first place. I've given up on him now and he's rotting in the reserves...

i stuck him up front on his own with 2 players in the AML & AMR positions running the wings, gettin almost a goal a game. same with my first season with daryl clare, same tactic, kind of a 4-1-2-2-1 using a DM & two MC, with an AML & AMR. Daryl Clare's record was played 57, scored 57 icon_smile.gif

Never got a look in when i was in league 2 though, then Jarman took me to the Championship, and same happened to him. Now its Orlando who's bangin them in, tryin to flog Jarman now lol.

He scores plenty, youve just got to play the players around him. Bargain at £12,000 though, seein as im makin millions a season by gettin promoted. Promoted too quick though if you could say lol, i dont think my team will be strong enough. still a pretty big payday though lol

You get a 3 year dispensation in the top two leagues, at the end of this 3 year period you have to have planning permission 2 either turn terraces into seating or build a new stand!

I know this because at the start of this season Plymout Argyle have had to put seats over the mighty Mayflower Terrace!! What a shame!!

BRING BACK THE TERRACES!!!

yeah i know all premiership teams have to be all seater, but is it implemented into the game, or doesnt it matter?

Ive got 1 game left to play in the championship, champions wiv 101 pts so far, Sunderland 2nd on 97 lol. I thought my run of draws at the end was gona cost me, four 1-1's on the spin lol.

Another question while im on here, less than a month ago in my season, my assistant rated nearly all my players at 6-7 stars. Checked again and theyre mostly 3-4!!?? Whats up with that?

Do you think because ive now been promoted, he's basing it on what quality theyll be in the premiership?

Quick feedback again please because im at work lol, off home at 4 though, so ill come back on a bit later.

Sound peeps

still nobody checked the players out i mentioned? c'mon lads, you must have at least a spare 2 minutes lol

If anyone gets bored of their game (like always do when i first buy the game and start with a big club) go for burton, the potential is there, just need the time and effort put in.

I find the best way to unearth players is to randomly look at the well-known nations clubs, by choosing a nation, and clicking domestic, and search some of the lesser-known clubs of that country, and some well-known ones. Its how i found a contract-expiring Orlando, at porto i think it was.

Anyways, someone let me know quick because im off home in 15 mins! C'mon!! lmao

Cheers

update: its july 1st in 2011/2012 season and board has decided to upgrade stadium to 10000, and training & youth facilities upgraded. No mention of all seater though.

It is reallllly hard tryin to get quality players in lol.

was meant to be going to work today to help the boys put some pallet racking up but the boss has got some professionals in lol. Ive got no qualms about that, more playing time, whilst watchin the footy and keeping a close eye on my accumalator lol icon_wink.gif

Another question while im on here, less than a month ago in my season, my assistant rated nearly all my players at 6-7 stars. Checked again and theyre mostly 3-4!!?? Whats up with that?

Do you think because ive now been promoted, he's basing it on what quality theyll be in the premiership?

Sound peeps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's aknown issue with promotions.

He is not only comparing your players with premiership players, but he is not taking thier full level into account as they have a lower reputation due to the fact that they are playing at a lower league.

Just wait it out for a few weeks & he will reconfigure his ratings for most of them.

struggling so far lol, 5 games played, 2 wins & 3 losses. Couldn't ask for a more difficult start though, Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool (champions) were the first 3 games lol.

Well at least their out of the way now. Even if i finish 17th by goal difference i'd be more than happy icon_smile.gif

lol ok. I just get impatient when i know these things are close to release. Same with FM Scout. All the previous versions of the game i've used it but i tried on my newcastle game when i first bought FM08 and it didn't even start up lol.

Kind of a blessing in disguise though as its more of a challenge now with Burton, gotta find my own youth based on my judgement, and my scouts obviously lol. More rewarding imo.

But saying that, if i knew a working version was out id be straight on it, snappin up all the quality regens under £500,000. The AI ruin the regens ability when they buy them i find.

Anyone else?

oh yeah another question, why dont the FA ever overturn a red card?? i had it a couple of times, but that was years ago, on CM4 or something stupid like that. Haven't had it since.

Anyone managed to have a successful appeal?

I know theres all sorts of questions in here, but i dont see the point of makin loads of new threads lol

oh yeah another question, why dont the FA ever overturn a red card?? i had it a couple of times, but that was years ago, on CM4 or something stupid like that. Haven't had it since.

Anyone managed to have a successful appeal?

i have had it a couple of times but usually just dismiis it

I know theres all sorts of questions in here, but i dont see the point of makin loads of new threads lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm back. Anyone still not managed to check out Celso Borges & Eduardo Ledesma? You might have to have large database running. I can't wait to carry on my game tonight. Aiming to get to at least the January transfer window before 7.30 (gotta pick the missus up, then she goes on it, bebo, msn all that crap lol)

My birthday falls on the day before easter (20th march) so i'l have at least a good 5 days of hardcore fm over that time. Thats next month so i hope to be at least in the 2020 season by then. Thats if i don't get bored of this game.

If i do then i'm going to run, the brazilian, scandinavian & english leagues, and do a proper career game, one where i start and actually go onto bigger clubs instead of stayin with the same team lol.

Does anyone else find it hard to leave their club when they'e built them up into worldwide forces?

I am hoping my board allows me to link up with an asian team to boost commercial sales. I found that on my other newcastle game which i dont play anymore, you rake in multi-millions just by having one of these as a feeder club. they wont give me one at the moment.

Got a belgian team though, so work permits are sorted, and Histon as a feeder, so i send all my good youth to them. They got promoted cause i sent at least 8 players to them & they won the setanta shield lol

I wonder how are you going to conquer the premier league with a 10,000 seaters. FYI, in FM 07, my board built me a new 11000 seaters stadium while I was in league 1 with salisbury and it took 3 years for the stadium to complete. I'm with Maidenhead now in FM 08, i'm currently in my fourth season in League 2. Loaning players from the premiership was my path to promotion. I rarely keep players from season to season cause I tend to buy new players everytime I get promoted. That's is why my players and club loyalty's attribute is only 5 lol.

lol, i don't know either but im managing, i sit healthily in 7th place after beating suderland 4-1 & portsmouth 3-1 even though they had almost double the shots. Difference is my striker and attacking midfielders can put the ball in the back of the net icon_wink.gif Its all down to my tactic i'd say, stayed virtually the same since the blue square premier, few tweaks here & there. Beat bolton on pens in the Carling Cup so im doing well. So far.

Before the first game, i was £8m in debt after spending my budget and uprgrading my facilities to almost perfect; top training facilities & excellent youth facilities and academy.

Stadium will be complete on 28.10.11 and the debt is now down to £3m. I forgot the ticket prices go up in the Premiership. But at the end of the season, takin into account, gate reciepts, all prize money and possible player sales, i should be well in the black. Hopefully qualify for the Champs League aswel lol

Archived