this game takes too long

Anyone else have the same feeling it all takes a bit (or a few bits) too long to go from one match to another. Especially the rendering of the (international) matches that have been played in my world take several minutes.

I am playing 5 countries with a total of 10 leagues, while if I let FM2009 pick the best (recommended) setup it is 6 countries and 12 leagues.

I have a HP Pavilion zd8000 (3192 Ghz) laptop with Win XP, 2GB memory and about 100GB.

That should do it right?

*edit* I assume from your reaction, you dont have any problems with processing of the game or reactiontime of buttons (which is also a problem for me)

I'm finding the day to day processing seems really quick - almost suspiciously so, like I've forgot to a add a league or a detail that I normally would.

But on the other hand, I'm also finding that a match with the same selection of highlights, replays and match speed as on FM08 takes much longer this time around. Around the 11 minute mark as opposed to I guess 5-6 before. How much of this is to do with my specs I'm not sure, but the game looks to be running very smoothly aside from some waiting for the match to set-up and for tactical changes to be made. Could it be that we're getting too many highlights when just key highlights are selected?

If five games is going to take an hour minimum, I'm not sure how much I'm going to get out of this version, which would be a shame as it otherwise looks great.

Archived