Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,100 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by yoyohendo View Post
    Posted this in the technical section but there seems to be more activity in here:

I see there are a couple of threads that sound similar but everything that has been recommended hasnt worked.

Ive tried full manual uninstall, cache, updated java and .net etc to no avail.

This is the error im getting on startup:

It was working yesterday but all of a sudden not today.

Please help, im on the couch for 4 more weeks due to a knee recon - this game is keeping me partially sane!

I have tried reinstalling from the cd and also downloaded from steam but both had the same error
    Any luck with this? I have the same

This includes deleting Registry files, cache, re-installing with/without Steam, running the patch 3, running the SDK and the .Net (which my laptop says I don't need!!)...

Please can someone help?
    Last edited by HBFS; 29-03-2009 at 23:38.

Amateur

Im using a mac and both the game and the new update have loaded fine but once i'm in the game, when i go to make an offer for a player and press confirm offer the box that pops up to say yes or cancel to confirm the offer has no option on it. Therefore i cannot make any offer for a player. This also happens on other screens where the yes/cancel option does not show and it means i get stuck on screens and cannot get out. Can anyone help?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by o-O View Post
    Is ANY body from SI reading these monologues?
    Great Question!

Banned

SI wtf is going on?? Any danger of you answering our questions please?? How can a game work one day then through no fault of my own just stop working!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1980 View Post
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: fm.exe
    Application Version: 9.0.0.23544
    Application Timestamp: 48ff2377
    Fault Module Name: fm.exe
    Fault Module Version: 9.0.0.23544
    Fault Module Timestamp: 48ff2377
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00bfbf57
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

thats what happened to mine, any solutions??
    Install the 9.3 patch which can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Quote Originally Posted by startom View Post
    Thanks for the help but as i stated in my earlier post i have a mac.

Thanks
    Mac OSX
    1. Open Finder.
    2. Select
    3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
    4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Quote Originally Posted by hulmebantam View Post
    My FM09 has started to minimize immediately on launch now, regardless of where I launch this from, and then cannot access it at all. Been working fine for over four months until now.

I have tried launching it through Steam, from a desktop short cut, from the program files etc etc

Anyone else with this problem and know how to solve it ?
    Try getting it to run in windowed mode using the advice given in the following thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64783

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kelveen View Post
    HI,

I'm in need of help. Ive just bought the game, and i have been trying to install the game for the whole night, and i can never do it.

Ive tried installation as an administrator, and followed the instructions given in the FAQ. Yet, i receive a series of errors, -51, 1003, and 703.

Can somebody please help me?

I have deavtivated, reinstall, restarted the computer, over and over again, and nothing seems to work. I have even tried validating the correct keycode, with the website you have provide, and it doesnt seem to work as well.

Please advise!!!!
    I would suggest using the advice given in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by harry63 View Post
    i keep getting error 1004 saying it has been activated on too many computers! I bought the game and am trying to install it on my own computer. I had previously installed it and it had run fine, but uninstalled it when steam caused my computer to run slow. I have just tried reinstalling and keep getting this error message.
    Deactivate your keycode here - http://deactivation.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

You should then be able to enter it as normal on re-install. Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by CFC1983 View Post
    I'm trying to gwt some help.

i bought the game back in november and it installed through steam and was fine but recently got a new laptop (which is in windows vista) so tried to install it on the new one but steam faild to load saying 'error, win32 error 5' or something along them lines. i tried it through uniloc and it installs ok and is fine untill i start a game and then it freezes, i posted something a week ago and someone replied with a solution but didnt work, to be honest i'd prefer to install with steam as was quite impressed with this before. i'm looking forward to getting up and running as soon as possible so if someone could help me i'd be grateful.

Many Thanks
    Try running the game in windowed mode, this can be done via the display and sound settings in the preferences.

Also make sure you are patched up to 9.3 - this will be done automatically in you can get Steam running, if you used a uniloc install the patch can be found via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya View Post
    Hello;

I wasn't able to update Mac version to 9.3 properly...so I decided to re-install the game. Uninstalled it but now I cant re-install.

When I try to launch the installer, I get "Unable to launch java application, missing lax.class property" error. I have no idea what causes this as the game was working/installing properly before.

Thanks.
    Uninstall the game manually (remove all the Sports Interactive files - but BACKUP your save games before doing this!) and then try the reinstall. You may also need to re-install your Java which can be done via the following instructions:

How to Update your version of Java

1. Uninstall any version of Java you have first.
    2. Visit this website: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    3. Find the correct version for your Operating system and download/install from here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrangers View Post
    i have been trying to install fm 09 since the day it came out it seems to work for a while then crash dumps message comes up even though i delete the file crash dumps this is the message i get it is as follows:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file was generated in myname-pc/c:/users/myname/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/crash dumps

this is the message i get even though i delete the crash dumps does anyone know what is wrong
    Install the 9.3 patch which can be found via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Let us know if this helps with your issue. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaenespana View Post
    have just downloaded the new patch 9.3.0 and now football manager starts but nothing happens just get a black screen.have tried reinstalling it to and still get black screen. when you click on football manager to start it starts to load the game but it just goes black and nothing happens and if you move the mouse it cuts off
    Delete the cache folder by doing the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.
    5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.
    6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Then try after this. If this still fails you'll need to completely uninstall the game, re-install and re-patch. I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source to previous and making sure it downloads properly - unless you are using Steam where it will patch up automatically.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Lowe View Post
    i have had my 2009 installed via steam since it came out it plays fine no problems i hadnt played it for sometime because ive been wrapped up with fm live iwent to play it yesterday and noticed that it was still running the original version it hadnt updated any of the patches and its telling me that the game is updated its sup
    posed to do it automatically when i try and update from another source it takes me back to my steam page any thoughts please help getting a bit frustrated at the moment
    When you go to your game status screen (within the game), what version does it say you are running?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Pedley View Post
    Im using a mac and both the game and the new update have loaded fine but once i'm in the game, when i go to make an offer for a player and press confirm offer the box that pops up to say yes or cancel to confirm the offer has no option on it. Therefore i cannot make any offer for a player. This also happens on other screens where the yes/cancel option does not show and it means i get stuck on screens and cannot get out. Can anyone help?
    Are you using a custom skin by chance? If you are try a default skin and see if that works.

If not, you'll have to re-load your skin in the preferences. If this still doesn't work it may be worth deleting your cache file:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”

Quote Originally Posted by chopperphil View Post
    Can someone help me please?? I have been playing the new update fine and went to play today and its now saying FM has encountered a problem and needs to close. It did this when the game was new but stopped a couple of months ago.

I have re installed it and deleted all the files but that hasnt worked.

Please help!...
    I'd suggest installing the 9.3 patch if you haven't already, details how to can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum.

Amateur

i notice that you are answer issues that people have posted after several of us has posted our problem of not being able to open game. Is this as you do not know how to resolve this issue yet or other reasons, i would be good to know if you have acknowledged this problem or not. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by millsey89 View Post
    i notice that you are answer issues that people have posted after several of us has posted our problem of not being able to open game. Is this as you do not know how to resolve this issue yet or other reasons, i would be good to know if you have acknowledged this problem or not. cheers
    Delete the following folder then try - you may have to re-input your activation code when attempting to start up.

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    4. Delete this folder

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    5. Delete this folder

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nbrocky View Post
    Delete the following folder then try - you may have to re-input your activation code when attempting to start up.

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    4. Delete this folder

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    5. Delete this folder

thanks but just tried it but still same problem. there is one file called intstaller launcher that can't be deleted as it cant be found, its says i need to varify its location. could thhis be the problem

Amateur

yeh i have changed the skin to the 2008 one and its seems to be working now. Thanks!

thanks but just tried it but still same problem. there is one file called intstaller launcher that can't be deleted as it cant be found, its says i need to varify its location. could thhis be the problem
    No you cannot delete that, that's okay. I would make sure all the other files in that folder are deleted, uninstall the game then re-install from scratch. Let me know how it goes.

Amateur

tried this but it crashed again? any reason why i cant install it through steam? really wanna get this up and running asap so some help would be grateful

Try running the game in windowed mode, this can be done via the display and sound settings in the preferences.

Also make sure you are patched up to 9.3 - this will be done automatically in you can get Steam running, if you used a uniloc install the patch can be found via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Amateur

No you cannot delete that, that's okay. I would make sure all the other files in that folder are deleted, uninstall the game then re-install from scratch. Let me know how it goes.

just did all of that,

just too make sure ill try and explain my problem in full,

i click on launch game in steam

get another page and click launch page
    then i need to give permission to use it as an admin
    it then goes to performing first time setup...
    Installing: activator.exe (step 1 of 1)
    then a window pops up
    SI activator has stopped working....
    a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and will notify you if a solution is avaialble

it then closes and goes on to the page where to input the activation code but half way through this it fails aswell and has a similar message

is this anymore help? it just happened out of the blue after working near perfectly for months, i havent done anything differant from normal to cause this.

is any other users experancing this??

looking forward to resolving this issue.

Amateur

Delete the cache folder by doing the following:

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”

Then try after this. If this still fails you'll need to completely uninstall the game, re-install and re-patch. I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source to previous and making sure it downloads properly - unless you are using Steam where it will patch up automatically.

dne all that already and no luck

Amateur

On the FM09 box it says it is compatible with XP and Vista but i can't seem to get it to work on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

After the nightmare of getting it installed which i only managed to do by searching the forums, was something to do with it not being compatible with my operating system, i left the installer open with the error message there and had to open the install anywhere to get it sorted.

Can't rmember exactly what i did or the link from here i got it from, was a few days ago, but that was the installation anyway which is fine

The game now crashes straight after i double click the icon without any error message other than the standard 'Football Manager 2009 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' send error report box.

Anyone any ideas as to what i can do to get it to work, i have tried to find an answer and am also not sure if i am even posting this in the correct place.

Sorry if the information i have given about my problem is a bit rubbish!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Amateur

just did all of that,

then a window pops up
    a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and will notify you if a solution is avaialble

it then closes and goes on to the page where to input the activation code but half way through this it fails aswell and has a similar message

is this anymore help? it just happened out of the blue after working near perfectly for months, i havent done anything differant from normal to cause this.

Yeah I have and its driving me mad to be honest! I have done all of the recommended stuff and I am now not using Steam any more...

I have kinda got round it by launching the windowed version but thats not ideal and has already started crashing, when i go to the preferences screen for example. I have been looking on the last few pages and haven't found an answer to this... so I think the best thing is to submit a ticket to Sega (not quite sure how you do this though!!)

Quote Originally Posted by jack_hayward View Post
    On the FM09 box it says it is compatible with XP and Vista but i can't seem to get it to work on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

After the nightmare of getting it installed which i only managed to do by searching the forums, was something to do with it not being compatible with my operating system, i left the installer open with the error message there and had to open the install anywhere to get it sorted.

Can't rmember exactly what i did or the link from here i got it from, was a few days ago, but that was the installation anyway which is fine

The game now crashes straight after i double click the icon without any error message other than the standard 'Football Manager 2009 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' send error report box.

Anyone any ideas as to what i can do to get it to work, i have tried to find an answer and am also not sure if i am even posting this in the correct place.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

If you are having trouble with Windows XP 64bit then you should change compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’, do this by right-clicking on the game icon, clicking properties and changing the compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’

Quote Originally Posted by vivaenespana View Post
    dne all that already and no luck
    Follow the same path as suggested above, but instead of just deleting the cache folder, try deleting the whole Football Manager 2009 folder which is found there. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HBFS View Post
    Yeah I have and its driving me mad to be honest! I have done all of the recommended stuff and I am now not using Steam any more...

I have kinda got round it by launching the windowed version but thats not ideal and has already started crashing, when i go to the preferences screen for example. I have been looking on the last few pages and haven't found an answer to this... so I think the best thing is to submit a ticket to Sega (not quite sure how you do this though!!)
    i cant even open the game to put it in windowed mode.

whats a ticket to sega?

just did all of that,

then a window pops up

I'm getting someone to investigate this here and we'll try and get a solution to this issue. Thanks for your patience and will report back when I hear something.

Amateur

I'm getting someone to investigate this here and we'll try and get a solution to this issue. Thanks for your patience and will report back when I hear something.
    thank you, if you need anymore information just ask

Amateur

If you are having trouble with Windows XP 64bit then you should change compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’, do this by right-clicking on the game icon, clicking properties and changing the compatibility mode to ‘Windows XP’

Tried that, still didnt work.

Thanks for the response though.

Lurker

Ok, so when I try to activate it using Steam it comes up with Invalid Product Code. So I found out and went to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see if it could work out whether I'm reading my code wrong and what it could be. It just tells me Invalid license key and doesn't give anything else.

Now I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that the key I've been given simply doesn't work (as I've gone over it hundreds of times, know the letters that are written, and it doesn't work).

Quote Originally Posted by Gavrebel View Post
    Ok, so when I try to activate it using Steam it comes up with Invalid Product Code. So I found out and went to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see if it could work out whether I'm reading my code wrong and what it could be. It just tells me Invalid license key and doesn't give anything else.

Now I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that the key I've been given simply doesn't work (as I've gone over it hundreds of times, know the letters that are written, and it doesn't work).
    Might be best to private message me with your code and I'll take a look. Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jack_hayward View Post

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I have done that but its making no difference, just crashes before it would load.

Amateur

got my game finally workin lol more than 6 months after purchasing it thanks to the peson who helped me

Amateur

why o why did SI make the fatal mistake of programming in an activator. maybe its time they start to think of some ways to fix the problem. maybe they could send all users that are experiencing these problems and the many others with other faults a replacement copy with the activator stripped out. I've been buying FM and champ man series for as many years as i can remember and this game and the support from the "official website" (apparently) has put me off for life.

Thank you SI

OneHappyCustomer

Amateur

How can I stop the following problem from occurring:

After an actual match that I play, computer registers completely different scoreline, for instance my team wins by 2-0, but after that match it says that I have actually lost that game 0-1.

I use Mac OS 10.5.6 and play the game with my friend over network, he is the server and runs on Vista.

It would be nice if you can address it in your subsequent updates...

Amateur

I am getting "You cannot go on Holiday on match day" message
    I have searched around and it looks like people with pirated copies get this
    I have not pirated this and have the box in front of me.
    I haven't played the game for a couple of months so yesterday I downloaded the new (9.3) Patch from the FM links (rapid share)

Now when I open FM it takes me an eSellerate site and tries to charge me $30, I hit the decline option obviously.
    I load up the game as normal and it all looks fine until I want to go on holiday? What the hell?

I've tried activating (I have a mac so I didn't need to previously) but it is telling me my code is an incorrect length. I have looked over it a dozen times and counted the letters and numbers. It's 25 and it 100% correct yet it gives me this message.

What gives?

Did you download the correct patch? If you are running on a Mac you need the Mac specific patch which can be found via the following link - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Also are you running Football Manager or Worldwide Soccer Manager? Again you'd need the specific patch for your game. Let me know and we'll try and help out. Thanks.

Amateur

Did you download the correct patch? If you are running on a Mac you need the Mac specific patch which can be found via the following link - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Also are you running Football Manager or Worldwide Soccer Manager? Again you'd need the specific patch for your game. Let me know and we'll try and help out. Thanks.
    I'm running World Soccer Manger. I'm pretty sure I've d/l 9.3 patch, as before I start to join a network game game asks me if I want to use 9.3 version of a game.
    When I join my friends game (he is a host) he is also running 9.3 version of a game (WSM) on a Vista, he updates his game using steam, so I'm pretty sure game versions that we are using is the latest and I would not have been able to join him had we had conflicting versions of a game.

Last time we played we got the same problem, but it is worse. Now it happened when we were playing a friendly match against each other on the same stadium and same time!!!! In short, until my friend made a substitution, game was OK (whatever I was seeing, my friend saw), but after his subs, we totally followed two completely different games!!! In my version of a game I won 1-0, but in his version I won by 3-1 scoreline. Even though different versions of a game was running simultaneously, all the subbs that we've made happened. Again, me and me friend were playing against each other, but actions on my screen didn't correspond to actions on his screen, with completely different scorelines and stats (except for substitutions). After that game, WSM crashed and we had to restart the game and cancel our friendly match to avoid this problem. On the game time line, we are on a year 2018. My team is Udinese and his is Lazio.

Please heelp.

Amateur

Hey! ok so I go to start the game and I get Failed to setup Graphics system

what do I do!

any help would be much apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyladd View Post
    Hey! ok so I go to start the game and I get Failed to setup Graphics system

what do I do!

any help would be much apreciated.

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

Amateur

hey everyone,

When its come to the submit team selection page my team is in order. But when im in the match and on the my sides home stats page my team are out of order, apart from the keeper and strikers. Although they are all actually playing in there right postions, it is very annoying and ive put up with it since season two.

Anyone got any ideas how i can fix this please?

Amateur

Zomg... Sorry in advanced...

I got the XML error thing. I came here saw the advice... I can find the icon... HOWEVER in properties I cannot find "target"...

Sorry for being soo noob. Forgive me. Thanks in advanced!!

Regards,
    ReeNah

Quote Originally Posted by wackyfun321 View Post
    hey everyone,

When its come to the submit team selection page my team is in order. But when im in the match and on the my sides home stats page my team are out of order, apart from the keeper and strikers. Although they are all actually playing in there right postions, it is very annoying and ive put up with it since season two.

Anyone got any ideas how i can fix this please?
    It's where you've edited the tactics and pulled players about. I would suggest making a note of your current player and team instructions, loading a formation similar to yours (say if you're playing 4-4-2 load 4-4-2 normal) and then you can make alterations with the players in the right order.

If you are moving players about, keep the attacking players attacking, don't pull a striker back to be a CB, else the order will change again.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeNah View Post
    Zomg... Sorry in advanced...

I got the XML error thing. I came here saw the advice... I can find the icon... HOWEVER in properties I cannot find "target"...

Sorry for being soo noob. Forgive me. Thanks in advanced!!

Regards,
    ReeNah
    After right clicking on the Icon and selecting 'Properties' it'll be in the box third down underneath 'Target Type' and 'Target Location'. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Amateur

Ok I downloaded the 9.3 patch and updated it. When I try to launch the game it says "Football Manager 2009 is already running" when the game hasn't been launched.

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks.

EDIT: It now says Facegen failed to initialise, etc. Could that be part of the problem? I have downloaded the patch and I use A laptop with Vista on it and I'm pretty sure I have the latest graphics drivers, etc.
    Last edited by Sabotage; 07-04-2009 at 00:58.

Amateur

hi, just seeing if any progress has been made? cheers

Amateur

where do i find my license key

Amateur

I've got a problem with the game. I'm using a Mac and immediately after I installed the game, I downloaded the 9.3.0 patch for mac. The game worked fine and I wasn't asked for activation whatsoever until half the first season was over and the game asked me for an activation to continue.

I entered the activation code and was told that the code length was invalid. I was advised to check the code and it's correct. I'm not really sure what went wrong but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. When I uninstalled the game, I manually deleted all FM2009 files so that the system would be clean and reinstalled the game.

The game wouldn't start now and a window pops up to say "The application Football Manager 2009 v.9.0.0 f 23553 quit unexpectedly."

Please advise.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JHHH View Post
    I've got a problem with the game. I'm using a Mac and immediately after I installed the game, I downloaded the 9.3.0 patch for mac. The game worked fine and I wasn't asked for activation whatsoever until half the first season was over and the game asked me for an activation to continue.

I entered the activation code and was told that the code length was invalid. I was advised to check the code and it's correct. I'm not really sure what went wrong but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. When I uninstalled the game, I manually deleted all FM2009 files so that the system would be clean and reinstalled the game.

The game wouldn't start now and a window pops up to say "The application Football Manager 2009 v.9.0.0 f 23553 quit unexpectedly."

Please advise.
    1. Right-click on the FM 2009 shortcut.
    2. Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    3. Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
    4. You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

Amateur

Thanks dal3, however your info wouldn't apply to my system because I'm running it on a mac, not windows.

I purchased football manger 2009 just after it was released. I activated it through steam and have been playing it ever since recently. It has stopped working. Everytime I try and load the game I keep getting the message SI intaller has stopped working. Then I get asked to type in my code which I do then A a message comes up saying the program football manager 2009 had to close. I have tried all the recomended things on the technical forums. I have un-installed all the game files of my computer then re-installed the game. But I keep getting the same message SI installer has stopped working. I have downloaded your football manager 2009 activate tool. But this has not solved the problem. I keep getting the error code 255.

I have trawled through all your support forums and have not found a solution to this problem. I have rung Sega's support line twice only to be on hold for over an hour both times and give up on anybody answering me.

I really enjoying playing this game online with my mate and I'm baffelled to why it has suddenly stopped working when I have been playing it ok since october November time.

Please sort this out for me. When I pay £30 for a game I don't expect it to stop working after 6 months. I'm gutted.

Rich.

Rich.

Lurker

Originally Posted by millsey89
    just did all of that,

then a window pops up

it just happened out of the blue after working near perfectly for months, i havent done anything differant from normal to cause this.

i am having this exact same problem, any progress on a solution?

Amateur

Try getting it to run in windowed mode using the advice given in the following thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64783

Hi, i already did that but no worries. I actually went to SEGA help to get it sorted.

Thanks anyway, i am glad that i am enjoying the game.

I have to say i was <> that close to literally boycotting all SI and Segas product in future. <> that close! Nonetheless, thanks for the brilliant game.

Good luck guys with your problems. I might be back here soon, lol

Amateur

I was so excited yesterday to get to playin fm2009 for the first time, i installed the game (which was bought, for what i thought was a bargain at £20.00 (how wrong was I!!!!!!!)) and then it asked me to activate it, which was no biggie; as i could activate it by phone, as there's no internet connection at my girlfriends house where we both love playin it together.

So i put a fiver on my mobile and did the phone thing, which took me forever with all it's riduclous amount of number business goin on! i was told on the phone and on my screen the game had been activate, GREAT!!!

Not so......

I double clicked it to get the show on the road and low and behold i'm being asked to input my product key and activate the software!! As you can imagine i was pretty pi*sed off, but i kept my calm and wasted the rest of my credit to phone up again for a second time to be told activation is succesful once again by both phone and screen and only to be asked for my product key and activation when the fm09 icon was double clicked!!!

all i wanted to do was play the new game that i have been so loyal to for the last 11 years!!

SI you do wonders, but this ain't good customer service AT ALL!!!!! sort it out will ya??? doubt it!!!

so people what do i do?

waste more money trying to activate it to be told it needs doing again??

someone out there help me, all i want to do is enjoy my easter with fm09!!!!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bjj503 View Post
    Originally Posted by millsey89
    just did all of that,

then a window pops up

it just happened out of the blue after working near perfectly for months, i havent done anything differant from normal to cause this.

i am having this exact same problem, any progress on a solution?
    I've had this problem for the last 6 weeks or so, so I slated si on here and got banned for nocdcode whatever that is, anyway I contacted sega help and after numerous email's trying uninstalling reinstalling etc. nothing happened. I got an email last week with a new key code and didn't try it till this morning and I couldn't believe it but it worked unfortunately I had to go out so switched off my computer and you'll never guess what happened when I tried to play it again....same old problem!!!! I would suggest that the problem here is a security issue but the answer to the problem is to give genuine users 1000's of key codes which is why the whole issue happened in the first place (piracy) and the only people affected by this are us loyal football managers.I think the game is fantastic when it works but on the other hand the most frustrating when it doesn't.I bought the game through steam and have got to say the customer support both at sega and steam are atrocious and unless thing's change will never buy from either again.

Amateur

steam updated my football manager 2009 to 9.0.3 and now it just crashes when i try start a new game my old games can no longer be loaded and also i get a xml parsing error i tried what it says above but it just says file name and somet are differant hope anyone can help thank you

Amateur

Hi,

I'm running FM2009 on a iMac and every time i click the right button on it I can't seem to get out of it. It stays with the right button in which makes it near impossible to play the game.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a patch and if there is how do I go about incorporating the patch into my game.

Thanks

G_Richard

Amateur

hi,

i have a strange problem with my FM09. few days ago i formatted and reinstalled my system and since then i experience computer crashes during matches in 3D (before then everything worked perfectly).

Sometimes it happens during first match, sometimes during second or, in best case, third. suddenly my screen goes all black, then it goes back to the game like nothing happened and few moment later my computer freezes. to reset it is the only option.

i tried different versions of Directx and graphic drivers but it didn't help.

Please, help.

My computer: Radeon x1950, Windows XP SP3, FM 09 with patch 930 installed.

Amateur

Really sorry if this has been mentioned before guys but please can you help me?

I play fm on a mac and recently updated my game to the 9.3.0 patch.
    Everything works fine apart from the 3D match engine which has suddenly started getting massive lag and has a really jerky motion.
    I was on 9.1.0 and the match engine was fine before, all running very smoothly.
    Anyone know how I can solve this?
    The mac I am using has the following specs:

imac 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    3GB ram
    Currently running Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Graphics card is the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help!

Cheers,

Will

Amateur

hey can someone please tell me how to get player pictures in the game. eg i want a pciture of davide santon on the game how can i get a picture of him so that when i view his profile theres a picture of him

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JHHH View Post

Please advise.

EXACT SAME PROBLEM! solved initally by installing the patch again but then back to square one of this problem again!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RowRow78 View Post
    Hi guys

Really sorry - I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find a reference to it...I am trying to install FM09 to my G5 Mac and every time I try and load the game I just get a grey screen and nothing happens.

This is my spec:
    OSX: 10.5.6
    Processor: Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5
    Memory: 4.5 GB DDR SDRAM
    Video card: GeForce FX 5200

Having read the back of the box I notice that min requirement is for an intel processor, but can this REALLY be the only problem as it's a pretty new fast running Mac and it seems crazy that SI wouldn't accommodate non intel macs?

If this is the problem, are there any work-arounds as I'm not keen on spending £2k on a new mac!!!
    try looking and asking at this site http://www.insanelymac.com/

thy may have crossover work around to play intel based games in a non intel i feel they could be more hlep in this.

that is if you have tried to get the latest java/graphics/directx etc

Amateur

I'm stuck trying to register my game. I have installed using both Uniloc and Steam now and both times my product key has failed to work. I type it into the Liscense Key lookup site and it says invalid. I don't know what to do next as i have followed the instructions on all of the other sites. Any ideas???
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g_richards View Post
    Hi,

I'm running FM2009 on a iMac and every time i click the right button on it I can't seem to get out of it. It stays with the right button in which makes it near impossible to play the game.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a patch and if there is how do I go about incorporating the patch into my game.

Thanks

G_Richard
    Install the 9.3 patch which can be downloaded via links found in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Quote Originally Posted by kitch31 View Post
    steam updated my football manager 2009 to 9.0.3 and now it just crashes when i try start a new game my old games can no longer be loaded and also i get a xml parsing error i tried what it says above but it just says file name and somet are differant hope anyone can help thank you
    Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Quote Originally Posted by MFisher18 View Post
    I'm stuck trying to register my game. I have installed using both Uniloc and Steam now and both times my product key has failed to work. I type it into the Liscense Key lookup site and it says invalid. I don't know what to do next as i have followed the instructions on all of the other sites. Any ideas???
    Thanks
    I would suggest contacting Sega support and getting a ticket regarding your issue (this means someone will look at your issue and get back to you.)

They can be contacted via this link - http://help.sega.com/?group=default&t=EnglishUK

Let us know how you get on - I also suggest anyone else dealing with a similar activation issue to this contacting Sega via the same link. Keep us updated with how you get on, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kakadinho12 View Post
    hey can someone please tell me how to get player pictures in the game. eg i want a pciture of davide santon on the game how can i get a picture of him so that when i view his profile theres a picture of him
    I'd suggest looking in the Skinning Hideout for information regarding this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunio View Post
    hi,

i have a strange problem with my FM09. few days ago i formatted and reinstalled my system and since then i experience computer crashes during matches in 3D (before then everything worked perfectly).

Sometimes it happens during first match, sometimes during second or, in best case, third. suddenly my screen goes all black, then it goes back to the game like nothing happened and few moment later my computer freezes. to reset it is the only option.

i tried different versions of Directx and graphic drivers but it didn't help.

Please, help.

My computer: Radeon x1950, Windows XP SP3, FM 09 with patch 930 installed.
    I would suggest re-installing your game and then re-patching it - also delete the following files using these instructions:

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Quote Originally Posted by little rat View Post
    I was so excited yesterday to get to playin fm2009 for the first time, i installed the game (which was bought, for what i thought was a bargain at £20.00 (how wrong was I!!!!!!!)) and then it asked me to activate it, which was no biggie; as i could activate it by phone, as there's no internet connection at my girlfriends house where we both love playin it together.

So i put a fiver on my mobile and did the phone thing, which took me forever with all it's riduclous amount of number business goin on! i was told on the phone and on my screen the game had been activate, GREAT!!!

Not so......

I double clicked it to get the show on the road and low and behold i'm being asked to input my product key and activate the software!! As you can imagine i was pretty pi*sed off, but i kept my calm and wasted the rest of my credit to phone up again for a second time to be told activation is succesful once again by both phone and screen and only to be asked for my product key and activation when the fm09 icon was double clicked!!!

all i wanted to do was play the new game that i have been so loyal to for the last 11 years!!

SI you do wonders, but this ain't good customer service AT ALL!!!!! sort it out will ya??? doubt it!!!

so people what do i do?

waste more money trying to activate it to be told it needs doing again??

someone out there help me, all i want to do is enjoy my easter with fm09!!!!!!!
    I'd suggest looking at this thread for help regarding your issue - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65579

Let us know if it proves helpful and you solve your problem. Thanks.

Amateur

Purchased FM09 yesterday.

Not had much joy with it yet.

Downloaded latest patch and also had to download the DXSDK Graphics.

Then managed to start up the game, it showed it was running the latest version - 9.3.0

The game is freezing very often (slow and frustrating to use)
    And the players seem to be getting injured too much.

Tried running in windowed mode, following the instructions in a previous thread. The game wouldnt run at all then.
    Tried to run the program compatability to match my computer (windows xp pro) But, the only options there, are - windows 95, 98, NT and 2000.

Already un-installed the game and re-loaded but, no joy.

Would be grateful for any ideas on how to get the game running correctly,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Macfree View Post
    Purchased FM09 yesterday.

Not had much joy with it yet.

Downloaded latest patch and also had to download the DXSDK Graphics.

Then managed to start up the game, it showed it was running the latest version - 9.3.0

The game is freezing very often (slow and frustrating to use)
    And the players seem to be getting injured too much.

Tried running in windowed mode, following the instructions in a previous thread. The game wouldnt run at all then.
    Tried to run the program compatability to match my computer (windows xp pro) But, the only options there, are - windows 95, 98, NT and 2000.

Already un-installed the game and re-loaded but, no joy.

Would be grateful for any ideas on how to get the game running correctly,

Steve
    What spec is your system? What type of graphics card and processor do you have? Also how much Ram? Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

What spec is your system? What type of graphics card and processor do you have? Also how much Ram? Let me know, thanks.

Hi,

Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, service pack 2.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz

1.60GHz, 0.99GB of Ram

Not sure about how to get info on graphics card.
    Not had problems with FM08.

Quote Originally Posted by Macfree View Post
    Hi,

Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, service pack 2.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz

1.60GHz, 0.99GB of Ram

Not sure about how to get info on graphics card.
    Not had problems with FM08.
    To be honest you're only just meeting the minimum specs to run the game so the game is only likely to run slowly, probably without 3D being possible.

I would suggest when starting a new game only running a very minimal amount of leagues (no more than a couple) else the game will be very slow.

Amateur

To be honest you're only just meeting the minimum specs to run the game so the game is only likely to run slowly, probably without 3D being possible.

I would suggest when starting a new game only running a very minimal amount of leagues (no more than a couple) else the game will be very slow.

Okey Dokey,

Will keep that in mind when starting up a new game.

The issue with the high number of Injuries, which I've noticed a few people complaining about. Is this just something to get on with or is there something which can be done about it?

Install the 9.3 patch and the rate of injuries will decrease from 9.0. Other than that it's something as a 'football manager' you'll have to deal with. Thanks.

Amateur

Just bought a copy, and can't get the activasion right...

Trying via the Anchor thingy, and it just says that the code is invalid. Donno if I don't get the numbers right, if so, how do I solve that? And yes, I've tryed that link, and it just says invalid code and donsen't got any suggestions...

Can you take a screenshot of your manual? If so, send it to me in a PM and I'll take a look. Let me know either way.

Amateur

You've got a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by jgranath View Post
    You've got a PM!
    Responded.

Amateur

Hi I need help before I give up.
    I have installed the game I purchased in GAME I got thru the keycode easily enogh,but had to download the links that are posted for graphics.now when I try load the game i get this
    fm.exe was unable to open please close sorry???
    the info im getting is appver:9.0.023544
    mod name fm.exe
    modver:9.0.0.23544
    offset: 00c0e857
    can some1 please help my out I THINK IT A GRAPHICS ISSUE BUT IM NOT THE SURE THANKS

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    HI I am in urgent need of help as im starting to give up:
    Ibought the game last week in my local pc shop I installed the game but when I try load it I get a msg fm.exe cannot open sorry???
    when i click the view report I get: appver:9.0.0.23544
    modname:fm.exe
    offset:00c0e857
    what is this ???????
    I have downloaded the sdk already I think it could be a graphics problem but please help

Banned

i have a problem with fm. i have 2 saved games. when i load one of them ı can play normally. nothing happens. but when i load the other i could not play. the game close suddenly. i tried to enter the game so many times but i couldnt can i solve this problem? help me please

Banned

please help me urgently??

Amateur

Was told i could find a fix here
    I have re-installed 3 times but data editor wont work just gives me the message
    this application has failed to start because the aplication configiration is incorrect.
    Any help would be greatly apreciated

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by aaronvilla View Post
    HI I am in urgent need of help as im starting to give up:
    Ibought the game last week in my local pc shop I installed the game but when I try load it I get a msg fm.exe cannot open sorry???
    when i click the view report I get: appver:9.0.0.23544
    modname:fm.exe
    offset:00c0e857
    what is this ???????
    I have downloaded the sdk already I think it could be a graphics problem but please help
    Try downloading and installing the 9.3 patch, this can be downloaded via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Sports Interactive Michael Burling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tdoublej View Post
    Was told i could find a fix here
    I have re-installed 3 times but data editor wont work just gives me the message
    this application has failed to start because the aplication configiration is incorrect.
    Any help would be greatly apreciated
    When trying to run the Editor I get a "application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" error

Fix: Download and install this Microsoft update - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should fix your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by uyfaluji View Post
    please help me urgently??
    I've responded to your PM.

Banned

thank you so much

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
    When trying to run the Editor I get a "application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" error

Fix: Download and install this Microsoft update - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should fix your issue.
    Downloaded and updated. Still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?

Lurker

Gbr Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi, I'm having issues getting the game started. I've had it working a few times along with (slowly) the 3D match engine. Often when attempted launching of the game, my laptop freezes. Spoken to the manufacturer who says its because the laptop does not meet the spec. I would have thought that if this was the case I wouldnt have been able to get the game working at all in the first place??? Anyway.... upon reboot of the laptop I send off the error message thing that comes up and am directed to microsofts website which informs me that “Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)”. I have the game running at the moment but am afraid to close it down in case I cant get it running again! Any suggestions? Thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rickp0601 View Post
    Hi, I'm having issues getting the game started. I've had it working a few times along with (slowly) the 3D match engine. Often when attempted launching of the game, my laptop freezes. Spoken to the manufacturer who says its because the laptop does not meet the spec. I would have thought that if this was the case I wouldnt have been able to get the game working at all in the first place??? Anyway.... upon reboot of the laptop I send off the error message thing that comes up and am directed to microsofts website which informs me that “Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)”. I have the game running at the moment but am afraid to close it down in case I cant get it running again! Any suggestions? Thanks
    Information i have found from Microsoft state this:

This issue occurs if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This can indicate that there is a problem with the video hardware, or that the graphics adapter cannot program the hardware correctly.

The Stop error message may also occur in video adapter drivers that do not represent a physical device. For example, this Stop error message may occur in the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec PCAnywhere. If PCAnywhere is installed on a computer where this error message occurs, visit the Symantec Web site to determine whether there are any available fixes for your version of PCAnywhere.

more here with the fixes too http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293078

Amateur

Hello, i'm new here, also i'm from Holland so please dont blame me for errors in my text..

I got a problem. I bought FM09 back in november, en all the time it worked great. I even installed it on a friends computer. But now i get a annoying bug. The error -819. It comes up when i wanted to start FM. The program asked me to activate my copy of FM. So i did, but the SoftAnchor interface said this:

So i searched for a solution and some people advised me the FixV2 Activate Tool (as seen below)

Now my question: What can i do about this? The top screen says i must receive a new key, but in my opinion there must be nothing wrong about my current one. Can anybody help me whith this? Thank you..

(PS. if i overlooked something im sorry for that..)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Montass View Post
    Hello, i'm new here, also i'm from Holland so please dont blame me for errors in my text..

I got a problem. I bought FM09 back in november, en all the time it worked great. I even installed it on a friends computer. But now i get a annoying bug. The error -819. It comes up when i wanted to start FM. The program asked me to activate my copy of FM. So i did, but the SoftAnchor interface said this:

So i searched for a solution and some people advised me the FixV2 Activate Tool (as seen below)

Now my question: What can i do about this? The top screen says i must receive a new key, but in my opinion there must be nothing wrong about my current one. Can anybody help me whith this? Thank you..

(PS. if i overlooked something im sorry for that..)
    i think you need to delete the certificates and try to re-install/activate the game that way also check the code is working

Amateur

Unbelievable.. I tried yesterday, and it failed, and now it works. Cant thank you enough!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Montass View Post
    Unbelievable.. I tried yesterday, and it failed, and now it works. Cant thank you enough!!
    I'm glad its all sorted for you

Amateur

I got the latest patch. I have a Mac I use tiger it works fine when i take off 3D and it got to Jan 1st and it says i need to put in an activation code. However, i installed the game for my mac and wrote in the code in the manual and it isnt working! Any suggestions?

P.S. when i put in my activation code it says INCORRECT LENGTH? I've also used the keychecker site

thanks
    Last edited by samppp; 19-04-2009 at 22:22.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by samppp View Post
    I got the latest patch. I have a Mac I use tiger it works fine when i take off 3D and it got to Jan 1st and it says i need to put in an activation code. However, i installed the game for my mac and wrote in the code in the manual and it isnt working! Any suggestions?

P.S. when i put in my activation code it says INCORRECT LENGTH? I've also used the keychecker site

thanks
    all i can say is try to activate again but make sure that the exact letters/numbers are entered and the same amount.

If you are sure you have done this then your better off asking or waiting for SI Staff

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast