Closed Thread
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Ex-SI
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I finished the first season and played couple games of the second season and then it crashed. It does crash at the same point everytime I load the game. I didn't do anything specific at the time, i hitted continue and just waited for uefa cup results and then it crashed.
    What is the date of the crash?

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by picktoir View Post
    Hello, just wondered if someone could help me with my problems:

I've installed football manager and everything seems to work alright except that I have no player pictures and I can't watch the game in 3D (the option is greyed out). I've checked preferences and everything but it all seems alright.

I've tried downloading and installing the patch but I have a verification error and so it won't instal (I'm not on vista: I'm on windows xp).

I've tried everything, even installing via steam (though I'd rather not) but even that doesn't work as the game doesn't open.

Could someone please give me a hand??
    What's the exact error message you receive when you try to install the patch?

Amateur

right im fed up of all this now ive tried downloading the microsoft dx update because i keep getting the error with the graphics system thing an now the microsoft dx thing keeps saying its corrupt an ive deleted it an tried installing it again 4 times but to no joy.biggest waste of 30 quid ive never had so much trouble with a game obviously its jus ripping millions of other people off like myself.

any advice would be much appreciated as i cant download the microsoft updae because it says its corrupt.also steam isnt running when im doing this.

Are you using Firefox when downloading it?

Amateur

yes mate i got firefox as my explorer i click download then save to disc an a little download box comes up then it saves to desktop an i try an install an it says it corrupt.im not the brainiest when it comes to computers but im doin all this by the book like.im dyin to play it aswell.

Lurker

Hi, for some reason my 3D match engine doesnt seem to work properly, as the players are all really flat and almost horizontal. Any known solutions for this?

Here is an example of one of my 3D games:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...onguk/fm09.jpg

Cheers for your help!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    What is the date of the crash?
    You mean in the game? It's 27th August 2009.

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    You mean in the game? It's 27th August 2009.
    If possible could you upload the save game to the FTP please, details can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927
    Could you also post the name of the file you have uploaded in this thread when you have done so please, we can then take a look

Amateur

What's the exact error message you receive when you try to install the patch?
    Don't Worry! I've got it to work!! WAHEY! I feel a huge sense of achievement! I can't believe a game can make me so happy: it's kind of sad, but nevermind...

Just one slight problem... I still can't see the players' faces when I go to their profile screen. Is there anything I can do about this? (I've managed to download the patch)
    Last edited by picktoir; 22-11-2008 at 21:00.

Amateur

Hello

Can some body from SI please respond to my issue. I have had a personal message from neil dejyothin about him having a look at my computer through remote assistance. My Problem is:

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Note this is a problem on my fm 09 demo as I do not have the proper game yet

Jack

Amateur

If possible could you upload the save game to the FTP please, details can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927
    Could you also post the name of the file you have uploaded in this thread when you have done so please, we can then take a look
    Done. Name of the savegame is Tottenburkham.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nbrocky View Post
    This sounds like a System Error, I would suggest doing the following:

XML Parsing Errors

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    • If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/
    I would also suggest running the tests found here on your system:

http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.
    Thanks for the help nbrocky but it still doesn't work.

I have tried all the above but my system still crashes with the blue screen every time I try to run the game from the shortcut on the desktop.

I'm getting very frustrated that I still cant play the game and I can't work out why it doesn't run?

Is there anything else I can do to make this game work correctly?

Amateur

think everyone is sooo ****ed off mate they should take the games back an give refund or give um back when its fixed its a joke

ive downloaded microsoft dx again and unzipped it an then jus hit the launch game button to reveal graphics system error again.so frustrated now though.

Amateur

my game freezes whenever i click on preferences and comes up with the message "football manager 2009 has stopped working" then says windows will find a problem and closes the window.
    someone help .
    sorry if u have to repeat yourself.

Amateur

I've been trying for a few hours to get this game to work and i've looked on most of the threads on here but none of them seem to work including

Windows Vista

1: Click “Start”
    2: Click “Computer”
    3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2009 installation.
    4: Select “Preferences”
    5: Select “Tools”
    6: Select “Check Disk”
    7: Select “Start”

Ive also downloaded the latest MSXML file but still nothing. I'm getting quite annoyed now and I wish I never brought the game. I should be able to put the game into my comp and play it without any glitches especially of this magnitude.

I'm not taking my frustration out on your guys but I brought the game 3 days ago and it still doesn't work and all I want to do is play the game.

PLEASE HELP

Amateur

Thumbs down Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I've had the game 2 days now am still yet to play it! The whole thing is a disgrace and the game needs recalling and refunds should be made. I've tried all the sollutions and none of them work. seems like the si people were so determined to make sure people dont pirate the game they forgot about the paying customers!

Youth Team

I am trying to install via Steam.

I have my key already entered.

When I click to install, it gives me the following message:

"Your steam ticket has expired. Please reenter your password."

So, I do so.

When I try it again. I get this message:

"The steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes."

Um...I have been trying for over and hour. Please advise.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rio_V View Post
    I am trying to install via Steam.

I have my key already entered.

When I click to install, it gives me the following message:

"Your steam ticket has expired. Please reenter your password."

So, I do so.

When I try it again. I get this message:

"The steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes."

Um...I have been trying for over and hour. Please advise.
    I have the same except that i dont get the steam servers are busy message, i just get "creating local game cache files" under that it says "preparing football manager 2009 files for installation" and a progress bar that never moves from 5 bars - been like it for ages.

I have had steam since september 2003, i have never experianced a problem like this before.

Amateur

Posted earlier, I've been running the game since 8:30pm on release day.
    I earlier downloaded the suggested update, microsoft direct X.... It's done sweet F.A... and I still have the can't load due to GFX problems.

I've been running this for 6 days AT LEAST with no problems.

WHY HAS IT CHANGED. I'VE A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER AND SHALL BE ASKING FOR A REFUND SOON.

Amateur
    Have you been busy?? What time are you on until?? What time did you start??

hi wondering if anyone can help me. i bought the game last night and i am seriously hacked off with it!. i have tried to install it and when i get to the bit where you put the code in off the back of the manual it says on the soft anchor page i've put the wrong code in which i havent!. i've double checked and typed it in both higher case and lower case and that made no difference.i am so computer illiterate and really want to know in simple terms what to do please help

Quote Originally Posted by mario25 View Post
    Thanks for the help nbrocky but it still doesn't work.

I have tried all the above but my system still crashes with the blue screen every time I try to run the game from the shortcut on the desktop.

I'm getting very frustrated that I still cant play the game and I can't work out why it doesn't run?

Is there anything else I can do to make this game work correctly?
    Did you try all the tests found here?

What were the results of said test? These check for system stability and will give a greater idea what exactly is causing the system errors.

Amateur

I had the graphics system error. Finally got this sorted by downloading the microsoft direct x thing. Then when i tried to play the game i was getting a black screen with a flashing L. Got this sorted by downloading the patch. Now i get to my first match and the game shuts down and i get "DIRECT SOUND ERROR: NO DRIVER" This is getting ridiculous now....just problem after problem. Could someone tell me how to fix this please.

I have been playing Championship Manager/Football Manger for years now and have never had this many problems. Think this may be the last time i spen my money on the game!!

Please can someone help!!!!!

Amateur

this might sound stupid but where do i install the patch to, i don't have the net on the computer my game is on

will the patch make my game faster because it takes me nearly 2 hours to go 1 week and about 20-30 mins to play 1 game, unacceptable

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by ake1 View Post
    I had the graphics system error. Finally got this sorted by downloading the microsoft direct x thing. Then when i tried to play the game i was getting a black screen with a flashing L. Got this sorted by downloading the patch. Now i get to my first match and the game shuts down and i get "DIRECT SOUND ERROR: NO DRIVER" This is getting ridiculous now....just problem after problem. Could someone tell me how to fix this please.

I have been playing Championship Manager/Football Manger for years now and have never had this many problems. Think this may be the last time i spen my money on the game!!

Please can someone help!!!!!
    If you disable the sound in preferences then this may solve your problem

Amateur

Hi Guys,

I had the game bought for me and loaded it all fine with no problems at all. It was playing fine as well until I got to the first match. I needed to give 2 players squad numbers and when I clicked submit numbers it does, then when I click on 'play match' it just wont do anything else. The curser turns into a football and the program won't respond!

Any idea how I can fix this, it's driving me up the wall

Thanks in advance

FM 2009 crashes with multi-coloured lines
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...28#post2129528
    Any fix, thanks,
    Rich.

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Did you try all the tests found here?

What were the results of said test? These check for system stability and will give a greater idea what exactly is causing the system errors.
    I done everything I can to get this game to work correctly. I would like to ask SIgames for my money back. I brought the game with the intentions of playing and enjoying the game not being put through 4 DAYS of this.

Amateur

Hello

Can some body from SI please respond to my issue. I have had a personal message from neil dejyothin about him having a look at my computer through remote assistance. My Problem is:

When I install the game the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.
    any help would be usefull!

Jack

Amateur

Thanks SI, I've finally got the game working after around a week. I hope thar windowed mode is just temporary and the main window will be sorted soon. I'm lucky though as i get a white screen with the pop saying "Football Manager is not responding" so i say to wait for a response and it seems to work... don't know why...

I hope to be using the main window and sound soon

Amateur

i bought the game last night, installed using steam and played the game. but today i tried launching again and it gave me all kinds of errors. couldnt find game, couldnt locate this, whatever. i uninstalled (it took a while, cause it couldnt find the file to uninstall at first) tried installing again. mind you it took a fraction of the time this time around and it never asked me for a keycode again. but now every time i try launching it says servers busy try again in a few minutes!!!!!!!!! i downloaded both zip files fix2 and fix3 from the sega site and after unzipping i cant open those files either!!!! what can I do? i just wanna start playing. if there is a call center please provide me with a number.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Persie View Post
    Any ideas?

Amateur

this is rediculous guys, i buy a game i expect to be able to play it without having to download, install, restart, re-install 10's of "fixes" so that it will activate. the operator number is constantly ringing out and your going to have alot of unhappy customers taking your game back.

Hi there,

I've tried to reinstall the game, and install the game through both steam (which seems a pointless application by the way) and normally. The game always tells me my product key is already active. I have tried the fix listed in the solutions post, however, I do not have an 'application data file' or a 'Football manager 2009 Certificate' anywhere on my computer.

Can anyone help? Or should I just take the game back? It's all very frustrating!:mad:

Thanks
    Dave

Amateur

I can't install the game on my macbook 2.2ghZ, 4gb ram. It freezes on "installing Football Manager uninstall.app". It never gets anywhere from there. I've tried to search the net but only a few people have this problem, and I can't find a solution. Maybe the cd is corrupted or something? I got the same problem with the demo though.

Amateur

I'm going to take the game back! The si people should not be making a pofit from something that don't work. It's obvious the game is causing more grief than anything else. Seems like they have just rushed into a release date when the game was clearly not ready!

Amateur

Iv'e now tested the CPU Burn-in, Video Card Stability Tester and the web page don't load for the Prime95 to test that. The results were all fine and nothing was wrong with either test.

Please can you tell me what other test I need to perform in order to get this game to run?

Amateur

Hi, I use a macbook.
    My FM crashes and I can't go on anymore in 24 July 2009.
    Is there a solution? A patch?
    Is something very bad because I can't play anymore!
    It's ridicolous to pay 54euros for a INCOMPLETE GAME.
    You should ashame of you.

I pretend the patch AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
    I play with this game since 1997 and never had many problems like this year. Maybe I'll never buy it next year.

Amateur

right what can i do ive uninstalled the game twice an still gettin the graphics ******** again an again an sick of downloading the microsoft dx thing cause that doesnt work either what can i do to get my money back off sports interactice am sure am not the only one theres prob thousands sorry millions of others aswell.

Lurker

When I put the disc in it doesn't read and when I go on My Computer it freezes and when I close it all my Desktop goes away for a while. When it comes back I cannot click on anything. What is the problem with my disc? And I use XP.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Phleanix View Post
    Posted earlier, I've been running the game since 8:30pm on release day.
    I earlier downloaded the suggested update, microsoft direct X.... It's done sweet F.A... and I still have the can't load due to GFX problems.

I've been running this for 6 days AT LEAST with no problems.

WHY HAS IT CHANGED. I'VE A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER AND SHALL BE ASKING FOR A REFUND SOON.
    Seriously guys, this is rediculous, any ideas as to why my game will suddenly decide there is a GFX error!?

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Ok, I've clicked on this link... Downloaded it successfully now what? The game still isn't running.

Amateur

This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Ok, I've clicked on this link... Downloaded it successfully now what? The game still isn't running. And keeps telling me my graphics system isn't working.

Amateur

when i double click on the football manager shortcut the game wont load and i get a error box that comes up saying
    "runtime error...... R6002-floating point support not loaded"

whats going on? haha

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    i cant open steam. it has this error - Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 structuredException at 0042458F

Amateur

The game has succesfully been installed and my code has been accepted but when it goes to load the game up i get a message saying Football Manager 2009 has stopped working Windows will look for a solution.Iv tried uninstalling the game and trying again but it just does the same everytime.Does anybody have any ideas to what i can do to solve this problem?

Lurker

Hi,
    i have downloaded the direct x fix and still the same problem. Failed to set up graphics system.
    Any ideas what to do next?

Everyone who is struggling with issues starting up the game, three very important questons:

1- Have you installed the 9.10 patch?
    2- What graphics card are you running on your system (Can be found via your Dxdiag - see known issues to find out how - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821)
    3- Have you updated your graphics card (Again see same thread to find out how to do this)

Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/
    I've tried this and sometimes it tells me the key is wrong and sometimes it doesn't tell me either way.

My steps: After inserting the disk:

I choose Internet installation, Advanced and then it said

Disk Space available:
    Required: 1, 426, 389, 233
    Available: 96, 162, 406, 400

I press install and then get 'Please wait, Football Manager 2009 is being configured for your system. This may take a moment.'

Then I get: 'The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occured during the install. Please see the installation log in for details.'

I press done and nothing comes up on the desktop and little in the programs. I have installed and reinstalled several times and only once has it offered me the scope to put in the activation code.

I have had the opportunity to put in the product code but no joy.

I am on Windows Vista, can you please help? I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
    Robert

Lurker

I registered the game fine and everything, but at the end of the installation it came up with "an error has occured in the installation process please check install log" etc.

Although after this the game started up fine and played for 2 hours with no problem, but once i exit the game and try and click on the thumbnail again it just shortcuts to the sportsinteractive/football manager2009/games folder. and i click on the saved game it just asks what programe i want to run it with and FM isnt there and i have to reinstal the whole game just to play it again.

The error i found in the install log was:

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

please help!

p.s. im running in on a vista laptop no older than 5 months

Amateur

Also tried there installing the patch but 'error reading file 26' came up

Lurker

Hi,

Just like the other guy, my game crashes each time I reach a certain date.

In my case it's 25 July 2009.

Please could I have some assistance.

Thanks.

Amateur

right
    basically i cant download the patch 9.1 or whatever it is
    when i installed football manager, i never had any of this steam thing. so now i cant have it updated automatically by steam and i cant download the patch from a site

what do i do?????

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg18 View Post
    right
    basically i cant download the patch 9.1 or whatever it is
    when i installed football manager, i never had any of this steam thing. so now i cant have it updated automatically by steam and i cant download the patch from a site

what do i do?????
    Why can't you download the patch? There are various links here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Quote Originally Posted by PaintNothing View Post
    Hi,

Just like the other guy, my game crashes each time I reach a certain date.

In my case it's 25 July 2009.

Please could I have some assistance.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately that sounds like the Serie C Cup crash, please go on over to the Bugs Forum and someone will be able to assist you there. Thanks.

Amateur

Unfortunately that sounds like the Serie C Cup crash, please go on over to the Bugs Forum and someone will be able to assist you there. Thanks.
    i have tried but when it completes download
    it says error when i click run or open folder

Amateur

nbrocky
    i have tried but when it completes download
    it says error when i click run or open folder

Amateur

I finally activated keycode successfully via fixv3 yet when launching game i still get Trial Period Expired box, i'm tearing my hair out in frustration.;(

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dedsi View Post
    I installed FM09 yesterday and used the "activate with Steam" option in the installer. Once registered to my steam account the game installed from my DVD. Upon first start I was prompted to activate the product, and after a while I was successful. Restarted the game today and was again prompted to activate the product.

After reading on the forums I decided to reinstall the game as the administrator (Im using Vista) but selecting the other activation option. Game installed and first start prompts the screen to activate the product. When I enter my code I get this error:

"The activation code is already in use. Go to the following address to buy an activation code." (translated from Swedish)

What should I do?

Any solution? I've got the same problem

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoz View Post
    I can't install the game on my macbook 2.2ghZ, 4gb ram. It freezes on "installing Football Manager uninstall.app". It never gets anywhere from there. I've tried to search the net but only a few people have this problem, and I can't find a solution. Maybe the cd is corrupted or something? I got the same problem with the demo though.
    Hello, help me with this!

Amateur

I bought the game from steam and everytime i put theactivation key in it says activated, i then click launch but everytime i get asked for the activation key again

Amateur

Have you tried using fewer leagues and a smaller database to see if this stops the game crashing? What leagues are you trying to run?
    hello, yes i have tried using fewer leagues and a smaller database and still it brings up a application error box and needs to be shut down. a English league is what i am trying to start.

So, here we go. Had the game since release. Downloaded the demo on the day of release. Total time playing both games = 0 seconds. I have had so many problems with getting this started. So I have now run a total PC Recovery and installing updates and hoping that this will finally fix all the problems I have had.

If not, I think I will be returning the game to Sega. Countless PM's to members of SI and no luck no matter what I have tried. I know my laptop is good enough for the game. I will know in roughly an hour if two weeks of trying has been a total waste of time.

Amateur

Everyone who is struggling with issues starting up the game, three very important questons:

1- Have you installed the 9.10 patch?
    2- What graphics card are you running on your system (Can be found via your Dxdiag - see known issues to find out how - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821)
    3- Have you updated your graphics card (Again see same thread to find out how to do this)

Let me know, thanks.
    1. Done.
    2. Nvidia Geforce go 6100 - Which has been running FM09 fine 'til yesterday
    3. Yes.

I'm just Fcuked off that the game has decided it no longer wants to work, and invents a GFX problem.

Amateur

Sorry if I am chasing a bit quick but can anybody help?

Amateur

I am having the problem with: XML parsing error
    I have attempted the solutions but they're not working coz when i go into the properties of the shotcut it shows this.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

I try putting in the one you say to but it says its invalid
    Is there anything else that i can do to fix the problem: XML parsing error.

Can you help please i desperately want to play the game!!!!!
    Last edited by Frazori; 23-11-2008 at 20:40.

Amateur

I done everything I can to get this game to work correctly. I would like to ask SIgames for my money back. I brought the game with the intentions of playing and enjoying the game not being put through 4 DAYS of this.
    I have now downloaded the patch 9.1.0 and I've also uninstalled and installed the game again but it still doesn't work. Please can anyone else help?

I don't know what else to try... I've seem to of done everything that is mentioned in this forum but it still doesn't work.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I want to play the game.

Amateur

Hi all, just a quick question...

I've got a MacBook running a GMA950 and Tiger (10.4.11). Does the new 9.1.1 patch make the 3D match engine work for my specifications or just the 2D engine?

Cheers.

Amateur

hey all, i just downloaded the 9.1.1 patch on my mac but its still freezing at the start of my first match, anyone be able to help at all? please! i feel like ive tried everything

Amateur

Thumbs down Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem’
    this keeps coming up everytime i try to launch the game i have downloaded the zip file but i cant open it just keep getting the message i cnat open this file as access is denied any help would be appreciated i have had the game for over a week and still cant play it shocking from si and i have reported it to the bbc watchdog programme see if they can get any answers about all the problems!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer1 View Post
    marc do you guys know the issues with post 207
    Hi mate ive got the same problem as you but im yet to find a solution, did anyone help you out? I put my disc in and nowt happens,please let me know. Justin

jsconnolly1971@yahoo.co.uk

Amateur

Me to, put my disc in and nothing, I have two different drives and it works in niether......I'm getting very p****d with it.

Oli G

Amateur

Hi, I hope somebody can help...

I had football manager 2009 up and running fine played it for 6 hours then left for some essential snacks, but when I returned it wouldn't start up again! The pop-up window read:-

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience

I've tried everything for the last 5 hours and have trawled the forums for assistance but nothing works (eg.screen resolution) as my problem code is different to all the similar posts i have seen on all the forums:-

AppName:fm.exe AppVer:9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset:00bff79b

Please can someone help, this is driving me crazy and i'm absolutely gutted!

Lurker

My game is only available in the 2d version of the match engine....does that mean by graphics card isn`t of the required quality ?

Amateur

This doesn't work as the .exe file is not separately identifiable in the Steam folder. Also, I am now unable to start the game because I get a Steam error saying that the game if currently unavailable. I hope you have a downloadable fix for all of these issues. The fact the game does not work simply upon installation is an abomination.

Amateur

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
    Hello,

I am receiving application error (0xC0150002) once I have installed my game but I haven't got the internet at home so cant access the url that has been posted on the main site. What can I do to rectify this?

Regards
    Neil
    Last edited by kanejoe; 24-11-2008 at 10:01.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by burney007 View Post
    My game is only available in the 2d version of the match engine....does that mean by graphics card isn`t of the required quality ?
    This is likely.

What graphics card do you have?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by kanejoe View Post
    Hello,

I am receiving application error (0xC0150002) once I have installed my game but I haven't got the internet at home so cant access the url that has been posted on the main site. What can I do to rectify this?

Regards
    Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by first page
    When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    This is the advice from the front page.

I'm not sure how to rectify this without having the internet.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by scottmorton23 View Post
    You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem’
    this keeps coming up everytime i try to launch the game i have downloaded the zip file but i cant open it just keep getting the message i cnat open this file as access is denied any help would be appreciated i have had the game for over a week and still cant play it shocking from si and i have reported it to the bbc watchdog programme see if they can get any answers about all the problems!!!!
    Do you have winzip on your machine?

You can get an evaluation copy of this software from here:

http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

Amateur

I'm getting XML parsing errors when I start up and the game crashes when I load my game.

I tried changing the target field of the shortcut but I get the "is not valid" message when I try to apply the changes.

Any other suggestions? Uninstalling did not work.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Frazori View Post
    I am having the problem with: XML parsing error
    I have attempted the solutions but they're not working coz when i go into the properties of the shotcut it shows this.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

I try putting in the one you say to but it says its invalid
    Is there anything else that i can do to fix the problem: XML parsing error.

Can you help please i desperately want to play the game!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by front page
    I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    Hi have you followed this advice?

Amateur

Apologies if this has already been covered but there are 26 pages in this thread and i don't have the time to go through them.

I have managed to install the game without any problem and patched it, again without any trouble. However, when i played the game for the first time i got as far as my first friendly match and once into the 3D view the screen went very odd with a strange coloured area partially covering the match whilst it was playing. I tried to get out of it by pushing ctrl, alt and del but to no avail and the computer locked up giving me a serious error message when i reset it. Going back in it played that first game ok but it seemed to slow down a few times but the match played to completion. I then went on to play my 2nd friendly which was again OK aside from the slight slowing down. Playing the 3rd friendly and again i got the horrible coloured area covering part of the match screen and i noticed that there was some stretched faces as part of the playing area. This time i allowed the match to continue and see what happened. There appeard to be clickable areas underneath the colour but nothing happened when i clicked. Once half time arrived the coloured area vanished and the game appeared to return to normal. I haven't played the game again since for fear of doing some sort of damage to my computer. Since this happened my full squad has now appeared on the main squad page and i can get them to split in 1st team, reserves and under 18s. Don't know if this is part of the same fault but this wasn't the case until the above fault occurred.

The pc is only around 6 months old and running XP with 2Gb of RAM. The video card is an Nvidia 8500 GT with 500Mb of video RAM.

I've been playing these games for years and never had a problem with them. Any help would be really appreciated.

Lurker

I am getting a message saying some errors occured during install. Below is my install log for the game, can you help?

Summary
    -------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

10 Successes
    1 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Execute Script/Batch file: Steam InternetCheck.exe

Get Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam
    Value Name: InternetConnectivity

Check Disk Space: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009
    Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space: 223,090,694; Free Disk Space: 23,992,156,160

Install Action: Jump To: Next Steam Label -- Prev: NO JUMP

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\
    Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Get Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\
    Value Name: InstallPath
    Additional Notes: WARNING - Win32Exception

Execute Script/Batch file: Install Steam

Execute Command: "$IA_STEAM_INSTALLPATH$\steam.exe" -install $INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$\..\..\..\..\thirdparty\stea m\fm2009\

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\saAuditMD.dll

Execute Uninstaller: $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$Uninstall $PRODUCT_NAME
    Additional Notes: ERROR - No uninstaller existed in the directory

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dalglish! View Post
    Apologies if this has already been covered but there are 26 pages in this thread and i don't have the time to go through them.

I have managed to install the game without any problem and patched it, again without any trouble. However, when i played the game for the first time i got as far as my first friendly match and once into the 3D view the screen went very odd with a strange coloured area partially covering the match whilst it was playing. I tried to get out of it by pushing ctrl, alt and del but to no avail and the computer locked up giving me a serious error message when i reset it. Going back in it played that first game ok but it seemed to slow down a few times but the match played to completion. I then went on to play my 2nd friendly which was again OK aside from the slight slowing down. Playing the 3rd friendly and again i got the horrible coloured area covering part of the match screen and i noticed that there was some stretched faces as part of the playing area. This time i allowed the match to continue and see what happened. There appeard to be clickable areas underneath the colour but nothing happened when i clicked. Once half time arrived the coloured area vanished and the game appeared to return to normal. I haven't played the game again since for fear of doing some sort of damage to my computer. Since this happened my full squad has now appeared on the main squad page and i can get them to split in 1st team, reserves and under 18s. Don't know if this is part of the same fault but this wasn't the case until the above fault occurred.

The pc is only around 6 months old and running XP with 2Gb of RAM. The video card is an Nvidia 8500 GT with 500Mb of video RAM.

I've been playing these games for years and never had a problem with them. Any help would be really appreciated.
    Hi there.

This should help solve your problem:

Quote Originally Posted by first post
    I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila
    Let us know if it's okay.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kps88 View Post
    I'm getting XML parsing errors when I start up and the game crashes when I load my game.

I tried changing the target field of the shortcut but I get the "is not valid" message when I try to apply the changes.

Anyone? I cant even start a new game now.

Part-timer

I have now downloaded the patch 9.1.0 and I've also uninstalled and installed the game again but it still doesn't work. Please can anyone else help?

I don't know what else to try... I've seem to of done everything that is mentioned in this forum but it still doesn't work.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I want to play the game.
    What is the problem that you are having?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by kps88 View Post

Can you tell me what are you typing in to try and get the game working please?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Can you tell me what are you typing in to try and get the game working please?
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Thats what my target field looks like. Is it correct?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Oli'G' View Post
    Me to, put my disc in and nothing, I have two different drives and it works in niether......I'm getting very p****d with it.

Oli G
    2 Questions.

Firstly your computer has 2 drives. Are they both DVD drives or CD drives?

Secondly where did you purchase your disk from?

Amateur

Hi, i have a problem with my computer and it need to be formetted. But if i format the computer before i uninstall FM(actually i cant uninstall it because JAVA problem) i lost my 1 of my 5 different computer install chance, so how can i deactivate my FM09?

I read from somewhere that we can manually deactivate with a systme but how? I want your help..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by simonbyrneno.4 View Post
    Marc,
    the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down

Hi, I had the same problem with my game, played almost half a season, and the that message appeared on my screen and the game crashed, have you got the solution, yet?

Amateur

Hello, I had this problem during my game, it seems i'm not the only one and I quote this message from another fellow player:

"Originally Posted by simonbyrneno.4
    Marc,
    the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down."

Do you have any solution for my problem, it also happened to me in the FM2008.

Thanks
    Kemossabe

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by boab19 View Post
    I've tried this and sometimes it tells me the key is wrong and sometimes it doesn't tell me either way.

My steps: After inserting the disk:

I choose Internet installation, Advanced and then it said

Disk Space available:
    Required: 1, 426, 389, 233
    Available: 96, 162, 406, 400

I press install and then get 'Please wait, Football Manager 2009 is being configured for your system. This may take a moment.'

Then I get: 'The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occured during the install. Please see the installation log in for details.'

I press done and nothing comes up on the desktop and little in the programs. I have installed and reinstalled several times and only once has it offered me the scope to put in the activation code.

I have had the opportunity to put in the product code but no joy.

I am on Windows Vista, can you please help? I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
    Robert
    Hi there.

What is happening when the game fails to start?

Vista will not create a desktop shortcut, the game will be present in the Games explorer.

It may be a good idea to do a full uninstall and remove any extra files left behind but I will take you through that after you answer the question.

Amateur

Hi, i have tried downloading the patch for FM2009 from the links provided on fm.com, the file downloads but as soon as it finishes a window appears entitled Internet Explorer saying it blocked the download because it didn't have a valid digital security key. Is this simply problem with my security settings or can someone tell what the problem is please. On the fm.com FAQ section there is solution to this problem for Vista but I am running on XP (laptop) and am not really a "genius" when it comes to computers so dont really want to risk trying it when it is written for Vista.
    Last edited by ulsterman_RFC; 24-11-2008 at 13:26. Reason: Forgot system info

Amateur

ermm i got a problem here,last few days i been playing the game with no problem but today when i wanted to start the game it say
    "Facegens disabled because it failed to initialize,pls check log file for details".So if i didnt upgrade my graphics card or download the patch i shouldnt be able to play the game in the first place right?

Amateur

Since my xml parsing error just isnt going away can you help me do a complete uninstall?

I've uninstalled and removed any extra SI files in Application Data, Program Files, and My Documents(both admin and user) but the problem still comes up after reinstallation.

I'm obviously missing some files to manually delete. Can you help me out please?

Is there any other reason why the xml parsing error would continue to show even after a full uninstallation? Also would I be able to use my old save game if I get the game to work again?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kps88; 24-11-2008 at 13:18.

Amateur

Hi Steve Cox, I don't understand why you've been unable to respond to my post,yet you have responded to posts after mine? I really would appreciate assistance. My problem is:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience

AppName:fm.exe AppVer:9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset:00bff79b

many thanks

Amateur

Hi there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dalglish!

Hi there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by first post
    I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila

Let us know if it's okay.
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply but i didn't use Steam, i used Uniloc.
    Last edited by Dalglish!; 24-11-2008 at 13:26. Reason: Insufficient information in quote

Amateur

This is the advice from the front page.

I'm not sure how to rectify this without having the internet.
    Hi,

So basically to play the game i need to be connected to the internet or buy a new pc/laptop and even then its not guarenteed to work! Will i be able to return the game because of this?

Thanks for your assistance

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by timtim View Post
    Hi Steve Cox, I don't understand why you've been unable to respond to my post,yet you have responded to posts after mine? I really would appreciate assistance. My problem is:

many thanks
    hi mate seems like u didnt download the patch, i got the similar problem.

AppName:fm.exe Appver:9.1.0.26064 Modver:9.1.0.26064 Modname:fm.exe offset:00fdc281

Amateur

now i redownload the patch and when i updating it say Error reading file block 138

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast