Closed Thread
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Semi Pro

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by moonhead69 View Post
    My game loads up and plays but when i go to match message comes up direct sound error 2004287480 shuts game down. Then try to reload and it says game is already running. Please help as i am losing my mind.
    As a temporary fix, you can turn sounds off in your Preferences.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moonhead69 View Post
    My game loads up and plays but when i go to match message comes up direct sound error 2004287480 shuts game down. Then try to reload and it says game is already running. Please help as i am losing my mind.
    I'm getting a message that says: "Direct Sound error -2004287480" when entering a match.

Potential workaround:

- Update your sound card drivers or disable in game sound.

- To disable sound:
    - Go to the Preferences screen ('Options' -> 'Preferences').
    - Go to the 'Display & Sound' section.
    - In the 'Sound Settings' area, deselect 'Play Sounds' and confirm your changes.
    - You should also ensure your DirectX is up to date.
    - Install the Microsoft DirectX re-distributable package from here:
    - Web Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    - Full re-distributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    - Update the SoundDriver for your particular system (visit the system manufacturer website and check their support section on drivers for your particular system - See Useful Link below for common system websites)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    i put the disc in the drive and it wont read it. ive changed the disc and still have the same prob. ive tryed diffrent cds ie fm 08 and music and it works fine. ive updated my cd rom drivers and still wont work. any help anyone
    FM09 is provided on DVD, not CD.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyidthfc View Post
    Hi,that seemed to have worked but when it tried to launch it came up "failed to set up graphics system" please help.Cheers
    Hello Jayyidthfc,

The solution to this problem is outlined on the very first post of the first page on this thread. It's a case of downloading a specific SDK I believe.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by dps
    i put the disc in the drive and it wont read it. ive changed the disc and still have the same prob. ive tryed diffrent cds ie fm 08 and music and it works fine. ive updated my cd rom drivers and still wont work. any help anyone
    My computer will not read my DVD disc

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Download Steam from here - http://store.steampowered.com/about/
    Install Steam on your computer
    Once installed, open up Steam
    Go to My Games
    Go to Activate a product on Steam
    Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)
    Steam should now download your game.

Sports Interactive Bardi Golriz's Avatar

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by kaseychevez View Post
    My game crashes on 24th july 2009, it says a serios error occured and the game stopped responding, i have uploaded the crash dump file to your ftp server, please help! i feel like i've been mugged out of £30
    Hey kaseychevez,

Apologies for the wait for any reply.

If you are still around to read this, can you confirm that you were running the Seria C in your game. If yes, I can confirm that this is a well-known crash that is currently being investigated for a fix. Unfortunately, the only current way to overcome this is to avoid including the Serie C in your game.

If, however, it's not, could you please share information on the leagues you were running to begin with.

Thanks.

ALL MAC USERS!!!

There is now a 9.1.1 patch which has added compatibility, a fair few of you have posted in this thread so thought it would be a good place to post this. Please see THIS thread for more information - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69146

Thanks!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Let\'s go West Ham! View Post
    The game won't let me go on holiday (sorry if this has been covered before but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything). When I select "Manager>Options>Go On Holiday" it just takes me to the "Game Status" screen.
    Either you're playing the demo, where the Holiday option is disabled, or you're pirating the game.

Amateur

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

alright lads howsit going

i've a problem here. i installed the game then the 'failed graphics setup' message popped up.

then i downloaded the microsoft directx SDK thing (yes, all 483 MB of it, over a few hours..). next when i try to run the downloaded file, it goes 'error S1010' unable to install or something like that.

what do i do now? help please

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    alright lads howsit going

i've a problem here. i installed the game then the 'failed graphics setup' message popped up.

then i downloaded the microsoft directx SDK thing (yes, all 483 MB of it, over a few hours..). next when i try to run the downloaded file, it goes 'error S1010' unable to install or something like that.

what do i do now? help please
    For the S1001 error, make sure you ARE NOT running Steam when installing.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EmPleh View Post
    Seriously, I am not just going to go away if my question remains ignored!
    If you are still having problems authenticating the game having followed the advice in the first thread on this topic, then please contact Sega Support via this link - http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK. You are able to use your username and password from these forums to login and raise a ticket. They are dealing with all authentication enquiries.

Amateur

everytime i try to get on my game an error comes up saying, not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml. The game then loads after i press ok but then after a while it just goes off on me without any explanation. What should i do.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nbrocky View Post
    For the S1001 error, make sure you ARE NOT running Steam when installing.

no steam being run mate.

it still won't work. do i need to buy new graphic card then? my pc's about 2 years old. running dxdiag, the display tab shows that the name of the thing is 'VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP'

If I don't need to get a new graphic card, is it the drivers that need updating? how do i update to the latest drivers?

ta

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn1 View Post
    everytime i try to get on my game an error comes up saying, not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml. The game then loads after i press ok but then after a while it just goes off on me without any explanation. What should i do.
    I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    no steam being run mate.

it still won't work. do i need to buy new graphic card then? my pc's about 2 years old. running dxdiag, the display tab shows that the name of the thing is 'VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP'

If I don't need to get a new graphic card, is it the drivers that need updating? how do i update to the latest drivers?

ta
    You can download the latest driver from here - http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/unichrome/

However I would suggest your graphics card is unfortunately below the minimum recommend spec so you would require an upgrade. Sorry

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    Can anyone please help me we are playing a Lan game and the results keep changing every other game its like there is no point watching it
    Hello Ireland,

If you could be so kind as to log this issue in our bugs forum below. This may already have been reported so a quick search of these forums before starting a new thread would also be greatly appreciated.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Thanks.

Semi Pro

I remember in old versions LAN games would behave like that when people were using different databases.

Let\'s go West Ham!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ritchie View Post
    Either you're playing the demo, where the Holiday option is disabled, or you're pirating the game.
    Yeah, thanks, it was just the demo, working fine now with the full game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    Hi, will FM 09 run if i only have a 64mb video card on my lap top? Graphics error occurs at the mo

Amateur

You can download the latest driver from here - http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/unichrome/

However I would suggest your graphics card is unfortunately below the minimum recommend spec so you would require an upgrade. Sorry
    ah that's a downer. if the update still doesn't work, and then i get a new graphics card are you telling me that fm'd definitely run?

a lot of questions i know mate but i'm really stumped here

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    Hey,

FM 09 is the first game in the series to have been released on DVD (and not CD). It seems as though you don't have a DVD drive, which is the reason why it was unable to read it.

Fortunately, there is a very feasible workaround. You'll simply need to download the game via Steam, and upon being asked to give in an activation key, you'll need to use the one provided on the back of your manual.

If you have any other problems, please do let us know.

Hope that clears the problem up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ben345346346 View Post
    Hi, will FM 09 run if i only have a 64mb video card on my lap top? Graphics error occurs at the mo
    Although a 64MB graphics card is below the minimum requirements, the v9.1 patch helped increased the graphics card compatibility pool. Thus, it enabled a considerable amount of players, if not all, with graphics card of a similar memory capacity to yours, who were experiencing problems before, to be able to run the game, albeit without the ability to watch matches in any of the 3D camera views. More and more investigating is being done around the clock to hopefully decrease compatibility issues even further.

If possible, could you please post your DXDIAG information in the meanwhile.

If you don't know how, then please follow the below instructions:

How to get your Dxdiag information

Windows XP
    1. Click on “Start”
    2. Click on “Run”
    3. In the text prompt box that appears type “dxdiag” and click ok.
    4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.
    5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Wndows Vista
    1. Click on “Start”
    2. Click inside the search box
    3. In the search box type “dxdiag” and click ok.
    4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.
    Taken from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

And, could you also confirm you have patched your game to v9.1.

Amateur

Hi

I have now loaded game onto PC and onto Laptop - problems on both..

PC - upon loading I am told that upload was successful, but some elements are missing. I managed to go on and play the game. I then saved and closed. Restarting is impossible. - please help.

Laptop - Game loads. However, when going to the live match, the PC crashes. I have been onto preferences, and deselected 3D game - but it still crashes.

This is really outrageous, as I have played this game for years now, and never had such issues. Totally unacceptable.

Please advise.

Amateur

Hi guys,

I've been dealing with Neil from Sports Interactive, who has been a big help thus far but unfortunately hasnt been on while I've been around, he has asked to me to provide my details of my Graphics Card (see below).

Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller

Will this be my graphics card? I found it in the Diagnostic tool data? If so, is it good enough for the game?

Also, I have discovered I only have 256MB of RAM (below spec), could this be contributing to my problem? (which is that I cannot load the game as FM.exe has encountered an error and needs to close)

I have downloaded the patch and done everything else that Neil has suggested so far.

Please advise!!!

Bigal

Quote Originally Posted by budkus View Post
    Hi

I have now loaded game onto PC and onto Laptop - problems on both..

PC - upon loading I am told that upload was successful, but some elements are missing. I managed to go on and play the game. I then saved and closed. Restarting is impossible. - please help.

Laptop - Game loads. However, when going to the live match, the PC crashes. I have been onto preferences, and deselected 3D game - but it still crashes.

This is really outrageous, as I have played this game for years now, and never had such issues. Totally unacceptable.

Please advise.
    Could you please be a little more specific about the problem you've been facing on the PC? Restarting the game is impossible? Or restarting the saved game you had opened last doesn't work?

As for the issue with the laptop, have you tried running the game in 'Windowed' mode?

Amateur

hi guys
    can anyone help, as i am having real problems....
    i have downloaded the patch to my desktop, when i open it to run it says "error, could not find worldwide soccer folder" does anyone know how i can solve this so i can get fm09 working after 7 days of trying!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi View Post
    Could you please be a little more specific about the problem you've been facing on the PC? Restarting the game is impossible? Or restarting the saved game you had opened last doesn't work?

As for the issue with the laptop, have you tried running the game in 'Windowed' mode?
    Hi

PC - having played the game, I then saved it and exited. Then, to restart the game have double clicked on Icon ( in games ), and game will not open. I have uninstalled and re-installed, and same happens. So in summary, can not start the game at all. I will show you log details of installation shortly.

laptop - what is "windowed" mode, and how do I do this.

Thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nightfireuk2001 View Post
    I keep getting the message : Cannot Run Game: Failed to set up graphics system

What do i need to do???

heeeeelp me

Hello nightfireuk2001,

The solution to this problem is outlined on the very first post of this thread. It's a fairly straightforward SDK download I believe.

Hope this helps.

Amateur

Hi

This is my log details from PC.

Free Memory: 1995 kB
    Total Memory: 16320 kB

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Install Begin: Wed Nov 19 20:22:48 GMT 2008
    Install End: Wed Nov 19 20:23:09 GMT 2008

Installed by InstallAnywhere 8.0.1 Enterprise Build 3081, by Macrovision

INSTALLATION WAS CANCELLED BY USER DURING PRE-INSTALLATION

User Interactions
    -----------------

#Choose Delivery Method
    #----------------------
    DELIVERY_METHOD=Install via Uniloc (using the Internet or Phone Activation)
    DELIVERY_METHOD_1=
    DELIVERY_METHOD_2=Install via Uniloc (using the Internet or Phone Activation)
    DELIVERY_METHOD_BOOLEAN_1=0
    DELIVERY_METHOD_BOOLEAN_2=1

Summary
    -------

Installation: Cancelledduring pre-install.

3 Successes
    0 Warnings
    0 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Execute Script/Batch file: Steam InternetCheck.exe

Get Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam
    Value Name: InternetConnectivity

Install Action: InstallAnywhere Variable

INSTALLATION WAS CANCELLED BY USER DURING PRE-INSTALLATION

Hi

laptop - what is "windowed" mode, and how do I do this.

Thanks
    You'll need to go to Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound.

From there you must set the Display Mode to 'Windowed'.

Amateur

Hi, I installed my football manager 2009 in my pc and it installs fine.. But when I click on the icon it shows this message "Football Manager 2009 stopped working"

Any solution?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koveNN View Post
    Hi, I installed my football manager 2009 in my pc and it installs fine.. But when I click on the icon it shows this message "Football Manager 2009 stopped working"

Any solution?
    Thanks
    Hey kovenn,

Have you downloaded/installed the v9.1 patch?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by NightC View Post
    i have this problems
    "FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize properly (0xC0000005). Click on OK to stop the application.”

how to solve it??

Hello NightC,

The answer to this problem was on the very first post of this thread. Updating your Microsoft Dot.Net framework from the following link should resolve this issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Hope this helps!

PC - having played the game, I then saved it and exited. Then, to restart the game have double clicked on Icon ( in games ), and game will not open. I have uninstalled and re-installed, and same happens. So in summary, can not start the game at all. I will show you log details of installation shortly.
    Could you please post your DXDIAG information.

Windows XP
    1. Click on “Start”
    2. Click on “Run”

Wndows Vista
    1. Click on “Start”
    Additionally, can you also confirm that you are running the patched v9.1 FM 09?

Thanks.

Amateur

Oh how i laughed when it only took me an hour and a half to activate my game as opposed to my friends 2-3 days, but now karma is having its way with me.
    First i got the unable to load game due to graphics, so i downloaded the 400+mb directx thing which took about 2 and half hours, now all i get is the flickering L in the bottom right of my screen when it trys to load then after about 5 mins i get some message about fmexe has found a problem and needs to close.
    I see that i am not alone, i am yet to read a solution to this, but there are 16 pages to read through and i may well of missed it, so if you can help please let me know.
    In the mean time i am going to go out tonight and try to find so comfort in alcohol.

Amateur

hi there, after attempting again to install, iv gone to the installation log and found the following error: Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

please help, i bought the game in HMV, forestside shopping centre, Belfast, N. Ire

Amateur

Further to my previous post i forgot to mention i also downloaded the patch, which ultimatly failed due to unknown publisher!?
    This has been the first time i have had any problems with FM games and reading how many people have also had trouble with it i wonder if a product re-call may be the best option.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenno View Post
    Can you please help me with the following error message:

XML ERROR

not-well formed (invalid token) at line1 of highlights.xml

not-well formed (invalid token) at line1 of speed.xml

Hello Kenno,

The solution to the XML parsing error is outlined on the first post of the very first page in this thread:

-----------------
    * Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    * Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    * In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    * Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    * If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    * If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    -----------------

Hopefully this should resolve your problem.

Amateur

Could you please post your DXDIAG information.

Additionally, can you also confirm that you are running the patched v9.1 FM 09?

Thanks.
    Hi

I assume I need to download the patch...once I have downloaded it, what do I need to do with it?

Thx

Amateur

Hey kovenn,

Have you downloaded/installed the v9.1 patch?
    I download now the microsoft sdk and it solved my problem. If someone have my problem (now it isn't a problem ) microsoft sdk is the solution.

Thanks any way Bardi

Amateur

i just wanna know whether the deactivation URL is live now

if not,when will it be ?

Hi

I assume I need to download the patch...once I have downloaded it, what do I need to do with it?

Thx
    Run it, and it should update your FM 09 from v9.0 to v9.1.

You'll find numerous links to download it at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961 in the first post by Miles.

Then, once it has successfully updated your game, try to run FM 09 as you would normally.

Hopefully it will run without any problems. If it doesn't, please do let us know.

Amateur

can anyone explain why i cant run my patch which i have downloaded as i have explained above, i press run and it sayserrot, couldnot locate worldwide soccer instalation folder, please browse and open wsm.exe

please can someone help me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koveNN View Post
    I download now the microsoft sdk and it solved my problem. If someone have my problem (now it isn't a problem ) microsoft sdk is the solution.

Thanks any way Bardi
    Excellent - enjoy the game!

Amateur

Installed the game, authenticated through steam and all was working fine. Only let me play for five minutes then says: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

It then says:
    The instruction at "0x7dcb3ea8" referenced memory at "0x7dcb3ea8". The memory could not be "read"

It then gives me the option to:
    OK - to terminate program
    Cancel - to rebug the problem (when i do this nothing happens)

I am playing on a Dell Inspiron 1501.

Please reply, thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wanno1 View Post
    Hi guys, I submitted a post earlier yesterday......post 2054, and alas no reply. I appreciate you guys are busy at the moment so I might have just got over looked. If only I could find a way of downloading the patch. It is still coming up with page not available.

Please please please can someone help!!!!

Hello Wanno,

You've probably downloaded the patch in the past 24 hours but just in case you haven't may I direct you to the following thread page which has various methods on how to download the patch:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by col-utd-09 View Post
    can anyone explain why i cant run my patch which i have downloaded as i have explained above, i press run and it sayserrot, couldnot locate worldwide soccer instalation folder, please browse and open wsm.exe

Have you tried selecting 'Browse' to locate and select the WWSM exe yourself? The WWSM directory should have been installed by default (unless you selected the 'Advanced' install setting to customise where to install to) to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive.

Also, have you made sure you've downloaded the WWSM 09 v9.1.0 patch and not the FM 09 equivalent by mistake?

If you may have, in any case, then please download it from http://sega.vo.llnwd.net/o15/u/nov20...9.1.0Patch.exe and let us know if you have any better luck updating your game.

Looking at your username, I'm going to take a punt and suggest that you have purchased Football Manager, and not Worldwide Soccer Manager?

That error would suggest that you downloaded the patch for Worldwide Soccer Manager, and not Football Manager.

You can find the Football Manager patches at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Amateur

Sorry to be an impatient so and so, but any idea's on post 2324

MonifiethTayside

I have a Mac iBook G4 and have installed the game. The installation seems to have worked perfectly however when i click on the start-up icon and the game launches all i get is a grey screen.
    I am yet to see anything even close to the main menu as i can't get past this grey screen.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bigal81 View Post
    Both your graphics controller, and amount of memory in your machine, are well below minimum spec. It's possible that you might get the game running, very slowly, by following the information in the first post in this thread for people who get the "cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system" error message, but I don't hold out much hope!

Let us know how you get on...

Hi game would work pre patch but since i have downloaded it for mac the game crashes during the intro pictures, the problem report is below:
    Date/Time: 2008-11-21 18:15:35.008 +0000
    OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
    Report Version: 4

Command: fm
    Path: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm
    Parent: WindowServer [72]

Version: 9 . 1 (9 . 1 . 0 f 26708)

PID: 948
    Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _chmod$UNIX2003
    Referenced from: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: MacBook2,1, BootROM MB21.00A5.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 1 GB
    Graphics: Intel GMA 950, GMA 950, Built-In, spdisplays_integrated_vram
    Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 512 MB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
    Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 512 MB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
    AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x168C, 0x87), 1.4.4
    Bluetooth: Version 1.9.5f4, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
    Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
    Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHW2080BHPL, 74.53 GB
    Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITACD-RW CW-8221, 2.1 GB
    USB Device: Built-in iSight, Micron, Up to 480 Mb/sec, 500 mA
    USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, Apple Computer, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA
    USB Device: IR Receiver, Apple Computer, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA
    USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, Apple, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

any help with this would be amazing

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonifiethTayside View Post
    I have a Mac iBook G4 and have installed the game. The installation seems to have worked perfectly however when i click on the start-up icon and the game launches all i get is a grey screen.
    I am yet to see anything even close to the main menu as i can't get past this grey screen.
    Any ideas?
    The minimum specs on the back of the box and as announced on these forums and the various FM websites specify that the game will run on Intel Mac's only.

Therefore I doubt you'll be able to get it up and running on that machine, which unless I'm mistaken, is a Power PC and not an Intel Mac.

Amateur

Purchased a boxed copy of the game today. Activated via STEAM, no problems there. Tried to launch the game via STEAM and I encounter the problem below.

Window pops up saying 'launching via STEAM...'

That disappears then another window pops up with the following message 'Football Manager 2009 has stopped working'

'A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.'

Searches. No Fix. Close window.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm using Windows Vista aswell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Chappelow View Post
    Hi game would work pre patch but since i have downloaded it for mac the game crashes during the intro pictures, the problem report is below:
    Date/Time: 2008-11-21 18:15:35.008 +0000
    OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
    Report Version: 4
    Jonathan - your OS is below minimum spec, but we have (dispite Tiger being unsupported) managed to get it working, and you should go to this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69146 for more information.

Amateur

Cheers Miles, I had my suspicions that my be the case!! I'm looking into upgrading asap (like tomorrow), I take it decent memory card is not too expensive?

Cheers for the info tho!

Quote Originally Posted by bigal81 View Post
    No need to apologise bigal81.

I do not have all the answers (if any) you are looking for, and I would wait a little longer until Neil or somebody as knowledgable becomes available to give you a more definitive (if any such thing exists) diagnosis of your issue.

You are correct in your deduction that the 'Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller' would be your graphics chipset. Unfortunately, I believe that it is well below the minimum requirements.

However, the v9.1 patch did increase the compatibility pool to help enable players with even below minimum specs to be able to at least play the game as you would normally, but without a 3D camera view enabled when on the match screen and without anywhere near optimal performance. But, unfortunately, it seems that the patch was unable to get you up and running.

Additionally, it is important to note that it is well known that the Intel graphics chipsets have been giving us numerous problems - some of these compatibility issues were rectified with the v9.1 patch, but clearly not all. However, rest assured, a lot of investigating and work is currently being done behind the scenes to try decrease compatibility issues further.

As for your 256MB of RAM, I cannot say it's the problem, or even directly contributes to it, but it definitely doesn't help alleviate your graphics card's shortcomings.
    Last edited by Bardi Golriz; 21-11-2008 at 18:30.

Amateur

yo when i launch the game i get a msg from vista saying a program has caused the program to stop working correcty

Any help

Cheers
    Mort

Amateur

hi guys, u helped me out earlier and have updated with the right patch, now though when i click to run fm09 it says, cannot run game, failed to set up grahphics system

heeeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mortfini View Post
    yo when i launch the game i get a msg from vista saying a program has caused the program to stop working correcty

Any help

Cheers
    Mort
    I'm having the same problem. See my post earlier in this thread. It's also on this page.

Hopefully someone can help as I really want to play this game. I purchased FM 2008, but as my PC wasn't upto scratch, I couldn't play it, so had to sell my copy and miss out. I've since upgraded, purchase FM 2009, installed without difficulty, but I can't get the game to run.
    Last edited by CBV; 21-11-2008 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Jonathan - your OS is below minimum spec, but we have (dispite Tiger being unsupported) managed to get it working, and you should go to this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69146 for more information.
    Nice one Miles

Amateur

"ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website"

I have Tried all that are stated above, but i am still getting the same problem...

Lurker

I have a problem that I dont think Ive seen on here.

Everything installed fine and in the main I can play the game no problem. I just have 2 problems.

1st one, I cannot get the 3d game to work, I dont get any error messages or anything. Just in TV mode, the icon is inactive and doesnt let me click on it. Not a major problem as I dont think Id use it a great deal.

2nd one, I cannot get the editor to work. Everytime I click on it it comes up with the following message. "The application has failed to start because of its side by side configuration. Please see the application event log for more detail"

Im relatively PC literate but cant work this one out, ive gone through the event log etc....

Your help would be kindly appreciated.

Regards

Lurker

I have loaded FM09 and after playing for a reletaive short term the game freezes, I have tried several times deleting the game and reloading but to know avail, any suggestions

Amateur

Default More Steam issues

When I try to launch the game I get a Steam - Error pop-up box which states "Failed to contact key server".

I am now getting seriously hacked-off! All I want to do is play the game that I have purchased! Can somebody please tell me how to run the game without going through Steam?

Amateur

Hi Guys, I'm currently downloading the patch and it gets halfway through and it stops and says "Error reading file block 40".....
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Amateur

I downloaded the Direct X SDK thing, saved it, then run it. Next thing I the thing didn't work, and these messages appear:

'There is a problem preventing your installation from continuing. Please take the action required and try setup again.

'Setup has not completed. In order to use the Microsoft Direct X SDK (November 2008) you must reinstall later.'

'Error code: S1010'

What is error S1010? What to do now? H E L P

Amateur

Hello:

got a bit of a problem here. I've installed the game and inserted the product key and all that and activated the game. However, when I cannot play the actual game as none of the player's pictures are loaded and I cannot watch games in 3D: everything else seems to work. I've checked the preferences and everything is fine. It's just as though I was playing the demo. I've tried downloading the torrent patch, but my computer does not recognise it. What do I do? (this is just like the problem on post 2363) I have also tried downloading the patches from all of the websites but I get a message at the end saying that the program could not be verified and then it closes.
    Last edited by picktoir; 21-11-2008 at 19:58.

Amateur

I've just started to use this area of the forum again so forgive me if this sound stupid: How come theres a patch out already? & When is the next patch coming out? Because I've seen alot of bugs on the bugs forum.

Thanks

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

My computer will not read my DVD disc

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Go to My Games
    Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)
    i have exactly the same problem with the disc not reading on my PC despite having a DVD drive and playing many DVD games, but why should i download from steam, i dont want to wait a few hours while it downloads 2gb of data. is there no other solution? :mad:

Amateur

Hey guys.
    I've been trying to install fm 09 for days now and getting nowhere,
    this time done it through steam. launched properly ect,but unfortunatley, fm 09 is not saved under any file in computer/documents on highlighting sport interactive it says 0bytes is this normal?
    2nd is when i launch game through steam it works fine and normally until i get to nation and league selections then just crashes.
    can u give me some input thanks??

Amateur

None of these answers help me... I have had the game for a week now and I've only been able to play for 2 times!! First, I installed the game using Steam, but this didn't work properly, so I uninstalled the game and Steam, then reinstalled the game again, using the other option.

Now the error I constantly get is: 'could not use database location 'c/progamfiles/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2009/data/updates/update9-10/db/910 - reverting to the default location'

I realise that this is a result of uninstalling Steam but what's the solution? I've un- and reinstalled the game 3 times, but nothing seems to work!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by footiemad View Post
    Hey guys.
    I've been trying to install fm 09 for days now and getting nowhere,
    this time done it through steam. launched properly ect,but unfortunatley, fm 09 is not saved under any file in computer/documents on highlighting sport interactive it says 0bytes is this normal?
    2nd is when i launch game through steam it works fine and normally until i get to nation and league selections then just crashes.
    can u give me some input thanks??
    All I know is that fm 09 is saved under C:/Program Files/Steam/.... I think steamapps but I'm not sure..Anyway, is somewhere in there.

Amateur

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I brought the game a few days ago and it still doesn't work. I tried to load and reload it but still nothing. When I try to load the game my screen goes blue and my computer crashes. It says its dumping Physical memory to disk.

XML Parsing error

I know a little bit about computers but not a lot. I've also checked my anti-virus for bugs but still nothing.

My OS is Windows Vista and my system meets all the requirements to play the game.

Any help is welcome,

Hi

When ever i try playin footy man it freezes and the ball moves but it doesnt let me do anything, why is this happening and what can i do to resolve?

thanks in advancae

Amateur

None of the solutions for the xml parsing error work.........!!!
    Any suggestions, please let me know!
    I have downloaded and used the shortcut solution and none worked!

Amateur

Hello

Can some body from SI please respond to my issue. I have had a personal message from neil dejyothin about him having a look at my computer through remote assistance. My Problem is:

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Note this is a problem on my fm 09 demo as I do not have the proper game yet

Jack
    Last edited by J lambden; 21-11-2008 at 21:53.

Lurker

My partner has been trying to load this for days now.

He keeps getting this message:
    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of temporary_folder_in_user_data_folder.xml

We're on Vista. Any ideas?

Banned

AppName: fm234.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm234.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

helppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by joner125 View Post
    AppName: fm234.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm234.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

helppppppppppppp

But that's a cracked game exe Luke ....

Lurker

Installed it, activated online by softanchor, played it without errors. Closed the game.
    Next day launched the game and it asked again for softanchor activation, I WROTE THE KEY AGAIN...and a message key already blocked goto sigames and buy another key??? I tried the activator from sigames it doesn´t reply any error, indeed it states that the activation is complete, I try runing it again and the softanchor online activation reappears. What´s wrong?

Regards
    Last edited by davpvital; 21-11-2008 at 23:07.

Motherwell_Fan

When installing I get this message:

The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details
    In the installation log, I have this:

1587 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

Amateur

I'm still having an XML error. I tried downloading the new XML thing from Microsoft and then ran it again and it still didn't work. Any help would be great

Amateur

Hi guys, i have an Intel based mac with OS 10.4.11, i downloaded the new mac patch for tiger but im still having problems! The game keeps crashing on me while im playing and it says "Football manager quit unexpectedly". After this i tried uninstalling the game and also deleting all the football manager 2009 files but i've still had no luck, after installing the game again and also the patch, the game still crashes on me while playing and says "Football manager quit unexpectedly". Any help will be much appreciated thx.

Amateur

I am playing on a pc laptop with a vista OS. I am playing through Steam. The game freezes when I get to play the first match. The preferences do not permit me to select windows mode. I need help so I can actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I'm still having an XML error. I tried downloading the new XML thing from Microsoft and then ran it again and it still didn't work. Any help would be great

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:

Quote Originally Posted by TSinkins View Post
    I am playing on a pc laptop with a vista OS. I am playing through Steam. The game freezes when I get to play the first match. The preferences do not permit me to select windows mode. I need help so I can actually play the game.
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64783

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwell_Fan View Post
    When installing I get this message:

In the installation log, I have this:
    Try a clean re-install, for this delete your cache and registry files and move the entire game via the add/remove programs found in the control panel:

How to delete your Cache files

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX
    1. Open Finder.
    2. Select <User>
    3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
    4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click "Run"
    3. Type in "Regedit"
    4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder
    5. Go into the 'Software Folder'
    6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder
    7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder
    8. Go into the 'Software Folder'
    9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Type in the search box "Regedit"
    3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder
    4. Go into the 'Software Folder'
    5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder
    6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder
    7. Go into the 'Software Folder'
    8. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

If this still fails to install properly, I suggest downloading the game via Steam:

Go to My Games

Part-Timer

I'm getting the crash dumps error message while the game starts

any ideas guys

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davpvital View Post
    Installed it, activated online by softanchor, played it without errors. Closed the game.
    Next day launched the game and it asked again for softanchor activation, I WROTE THE KEY AGAIN...and a message key already blocked goto sigames and buy another key??? I tried the activator from sigames it doesn´t reply any error, indeed it states that the activation is complete, I try runing it again and the softanchor online activation reappears. What´s wrong?

Regards
    It sounds like you need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Quote Originally Posted by alicat View Post
    My partner has been trying to load this for days now.

He keeps getting this message:
    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of temporary_folder_in_user_data_folder.xml

We're on Vista. Any ideas?
    • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    XML Parsing Errors

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

Let me know how your partner gets on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchfmaddict View Post
    None of these answers help me... I have had the game for a week now and I've only been able to play for 2 times!! First, I installed the game using Steam, but this didn't work properly, so I uninstalled the game and Steam, then reinstalled the game again, using the other option.

Now the error I constantly get is: 'could not use database location 'c/progamfiles/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2009/data/updates/update9-10/db/910 - reverting to the default location'

I realise that this is a result of uninstalling Steam but what's the solution? I've un- and reinstalled the game 3 times, but nothing seems to work!
    Have you used the data editor at all? What I would suggest to you is uninstalling both Steam and FM2009, then going to the Steam folder found in your program files and manually removing that as well. Once that is completely done, try reinstalling the game.

Let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by mario25 View Post
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

I brought the game a few days ago and it still doesn't work. I tried to load and reload it but still nothing. When I try to load the game my screen goes blue and my computer crashes. It says its dumping Physical memory to disk.

XML Parsing error

I know a little bit about computers but not a lot. I've also checked my anti-virus for bugs but still nothing.

My OS is Windows Vista and my system meets all the requirements to play the game.

Any help is welcome,
    This sounds like a System Error, I would suggest doing the following:

XML Parsing Errors

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

I would also suggest running the tests found here on your system:

http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142

Amateur

I've glanced through this list of problems and it seems there is a pretty consistent theme. Loads of people who are finding the game is freezing when they try to start the first match. Ive had this problem daily and usually just restart (sometimes a couple of times) until it works.

My lap top is top of the range and brand new (with all the add ons) Dell XPS .. so dont gimme this jargon about graphics cards not being up to scratch etc etc. This is a bug - and starting in windowed mode is not an acceptable solution as it takes away from the playability of the game. I wanna see full screen thats what I paid for - and dont even start with the play in 2D mode cause thats not whats advertised on the front of the game which you are selling. We are all consumers of this game and this is not an acceptable solution.

Come on SI Games lets get a patch out for this one and fix what looks like some shoddy programming!

You need to provide us with a bit more information before we'll be able to diagnose the exact problem you are encounting. First of all if you haven't already via Steam or another source, I would download the 9.1.0 patch which can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Then I would also download the following:

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

If this does not help, please let us know your system specs - essentially your graphics card, processor and memory, this can be found by checking your dxdiag :

Windows XP
    1. Click on “Start”
    2. Click on “Run”

Wndows Vista
    1. Click on “Start”

Let me know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mustafarafik View Post
    Hi

When ever i try playin footy man it freezes and the ball moves but it doesnt let me do anything, why is this happening and what can i do to resolve?

thanks in advancae

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkyOX View Post
    "ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system
    hi guys, u helped me out earlier and have updated with the right patch, now though when i click to run fm09 it says, cannot run game, failed to set up grahphics system

heeeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For both of you I need to know your current Graphics Card to see if it is supported by our game. If you could let us know we'll be able to figure out whether there is anything we can do to help. Thanks.

Part-Timer

Any idea on crash dumps?

Please,this just started again.I've played 1 and a half season in the game already.Why has this started happening ?

Amateur

Hello. I was one of those with an error -51 message. I downloaded the fix zip, unzipped, activated the vbs file, entered the code, waited, got the activation successful message and tried to run the game. At this point Steam launched and took me to the online activation screen, which unsurprisingly told me that I had already activated the code. And the game didn't launch. Help appreciated!

Amateur

Could you answer this question please nbrocky or anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mar$haLL View Post
    I've just started to use this area of the forum again so forgive me if this sound stupid: How come theres a patch out already? & When is the next patch coming out? Because I've seen alot of bugs on the bugs forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamweesel View Post
    Any idea on crash dumps?

Please,this just started again.I've played 1 and a half season in the game already.Why has this started happening ?
    What is the date of your crash - is it always the same? Is there anything in particular you are doing when it crashes? Let me know. Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast