Closed Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi marc
    My only problem so far is that everytime i go into the information screen everything freezes. I have to switch off the computer and restart just to get the game back on. I downloaded the patch but that keeps coming up with a error line 153,and i had a look on the install log and the only thing there is, failed to retrieve guid for application. by the way you must have a good sense of humour i would be running around pulling my hair out and kicking the cat if i was you. Keep up the good work and dont get stressed its only a game.

Lurker

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

My game crashes on 24th july 2009, it says a serios error occured and the game stopped responding, i have uploaded the crash dump file to your ftp server, please help! i feel like i've been mugged out of £30

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
    Evening,

I am getting the following error message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game appeared to install ok and there was no problems with authentication.

Any ideas?

i have the EXACT same problem and its starting to annoy me!! cannot play the game at all yet no problems with install or activation!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Livew1re View Post
    i have the EXACT same problem and its starting to annoy me!! cannot play the game at all yet no problems with install or activation!
    Could try the below - didn't work for me but you may have more success. Also install the update patch which may help.

Still waiting for SI to get on the forums today......

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marc Duffy
    Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Quote Originally Posted by tc78 View Post
    Marc - I have the same problem as above (fm.exe crash posted by Stedders, Lad and Bigal81 above) and the noted fix doesn't work. I don't have the net at present so I had to copy to disc and place onto computer though it installed fine however same error occurs:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00o0e857

I have Dell dimension
    Windows XP home
    512mb ram
    Pentium 4 2.6ghz
    1000mb available memory
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Internet is currently down though activated through phone authorisation which worked ok.

Tested fm2009 on parents pc and it worked fine.

Puzzled!.
    Last edited by tc78; 18-11-2008 at 13:09.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kaseychevez View Post
    My game crashes on 24th july 2009, it says a serios error occured and the game stopped responding, i have uploaded the crash dump file to your ftp server, please help! i feel like i've been mugged out of £30

me and a lot of other people have this problem... http://community.sigames.com/showthr...32#post2068832

Amateur

Whilst I appreciate the guys there are probably working overtime to get it sorted, this should never have happened. All that testing, the game coming out later than normal, new features that would definitely work, according to the creators, as it had been tested, and tested and tested.

Now all this. This is not right, as although it's just a game, people pay money for something and expect it to work. And if it doesn't work, they expect assistance. So far we are receiving little of either.

GUYS/ADMINISTRATORS/PEOPLE IN CHARGE - PLEASE - AN UPDATE OF SOME SORT...ITS 1.10PM AND WE'VE HEARD NOTHING. WHAT'S GOING ON? YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T FAIR. YOU'RE PROBABLY READING THIS AND IGNORING IT. JUST LET US KNOW WHEN WE CAN GET A PATCH. PLEASE.

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
    Okay I am going to contact trading standards/national press and see if they have a view on this........

I'll probbaly have to send SEGA or SI twenty letters before I get a refund but atleast I'll get my 29.99 back
    To be honest, your issue sounds like it's something to do with your machine rather than anything else. Have you tried a different web browser, such as Firefox or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by robdp2002 View Post
    Whilst I appreciate the guys there are probably working overtime to get it sorted, this should never have happened. All that testing, the game coming out later than normal, new features that would definitely work, according to the creators, as it had been tested, and tested and tested.

Now all this. This is not right, as although it's just a game, people pay money for something and expect it to work. And if it doesn't work, they expect assistance. So far we are receiving little of either.

GUYS/ADMINISTRATORS/PEOPLE IN CHARGE - PLEASE - AN UPDATE OF SOME SORT...ITS 1.10PM AND WE'VE HEARD NOTHING. WHAT'S GOING ON? YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T FAIR. YOU'RE PROBABLY READING THIS AND IGNORING IT. JUST LET US KNOW WHEN WE CAN GET A PATCH. PLEASE.
    There is a 9.1.0 patch for the PC.

We're still working on the patch for the Mac, as has been said elsewhere. We ran into some small issues with it yesterday and the day before which required more testing and we won't know any more until those tests are complete. Hopefully we can get it sorted for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshe View Post
    me and a lot of other people have this problem... http://community.sigames.com/showthr...32#post2068832
    We've replied in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by benno41 View Post
    Hi marc
    My only problem so far is that everytime i go into the information screen everything freezes. I have to switch off the computer and restart just to get the game back on. I downloaded the patch but that keeps coming up with a error line 153,and i had a look on the install log and the only thing there is, failed to retrieve guid for application. by the way you must have a good sense of humour i would be running around pulling my hair out and kicking the cat if i was you. Keep up the good work and dont get stressed its only a game.
    You need to download and install the patch as this improved compatibility on that screen for machines that are below the minimum requirements.

You can find links to the patch here:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Could try the below - didn't work for me but you may have more success. Also install the update patch which may help.

Quote:
    Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

I have just tried to download this, so that I can open the launcher.exe file to resolve the -10 error, but the file won't install on my computer and brings up an error early into the installation. Any ideas?

Amateur

Do u have any views on when i send my verification code, it just says sending request continuously??

Amateur

Quote:

thanks, ill try it when i get home from work. funny this is actually the first time ive bought the football manager games as i always play championship manager, cant say im too impressed so far

Quote Originally Posted by slightly miffed View Post
    ANyone nkow how to fix this problem... when i try to install the patch it comes up with an error message of 'error reading file block 63' and stops intallation, cant see any point even trying to play the game before patch is installed but i cant install the patch... so no play time!!!
    It sounds like it may have not downloaded correctly.

It might be worth trying to download it again - you can find links here:

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    There is a 9.1.0 patch for the PC.

We're still working on the patch for the Mac, as has been said elsewhere. We ran into some small issues with it yesterday and the day before which required more testing and we won't know any more until those tests are complete. Hopefully we can get it sorted for today.
    Thank you Neil, much appreciated. I'll check back later today.

why are people posting after getting replied to before me?

Amateur

And me....can i have an answer pls?

Hi, I've been trying to get Football Manager 2009 running for 4 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I successfully installed and played a game for a bit last Friday. I saved, turned the game off, and tried to Launch the game from Steam again the following morning but Softanchor asked for my activation code again, and I received error 821 : We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key please visit www.sigames.com.

I tried to get round this problem for days and I have tried all the solutions on the Football Manager forums - nothing worked.

I have now replaced my original copy of Football Manager 2009 with a new copy, and a different activation code. I am getting the same error report when trying to activate the game. How is this possible?

Please, help needed!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bigwoopwannafight View Post
    Hi

I have been trying to get FM 09 working since Friday, unfortunately no luck yet.

I chose to install without using steam (although this didn't work either) and have had my keycode accepted. However when trying to launch the game I recieve an error message:

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

APPCRASH
    fm.exe

The only thing I have not been able to do as far as I am aware is download the patch. I get the a web page cannot be displayed message when attempting to download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have now managed to download the patch and have updated FM but still get the same message.

Thanks in advance

Amateur

yes but 9.1 patch hasnt sorted out most of the problems.... has it boys, why should some people have to play in a window mode, Would you pay your money for a movie that was out of sync or for a car that was missing 3 wheels...etc, all people want to do is play out of the box...is that so bad guys....

Amateur

thanks for the quick reply. will try that. thankyou

Amateur

Ok I had no luck with my brothers new copy because of the facegen carry on, I downloaded the demo through steam but Im now sat here with the game my missus has bought for me lol

before I open it I have been told to check the specs match my laptop as I'll get no refund if it doesnt work.

So Ive got an acer aspire 5315 2.0GHZ upto 64MB Mobile intel and 512MB of RAM whatever that means!!!!

Ive also update my graphics and sound drivers.

Will it be ok to run on this please?????

Btw Ive still got the demo but deleted steam as I knew I wasnt buying it through that anyway.

Amateur

Can anyone from SI confirm itll be ok to run on there please???

The demo ran ok and Im assuming once patched this will be fine. Only problem on the demo was there was no sound....

Amateur

Thanks to Neil Dejyothin. I am playing the game perfectly

thanks for the reply, still waiting for support team to reply to yesteradys query!
    have downlaoded again and install ran ok but when i load up FM it still says at the top the versio n is 9.0 and when clikcing on check for updates it says a new version is available... does this mean the installation didnt actually work?

Quote Originally Posted by slightly miffed View Post
    thanks for the reply, still waiting for support team to reply to yesteradys query!
    have downlaoded again and install ran ok but when i load up FM it still says at the top the versio n is 9.0 and when clikcing on check for updates it says a new version is available... does this mean the installation didnt actually work?
    It should read as 9.1, so if it is saying 9.0 then it sounds like it has not installed correctly or at all. What happens when you run the installer? What do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyS View Post
    Thanks to Neil Dejyothin. I am playing the game perfectly
    Glad you're up and running again.

Amateur

Neil Dejyothin: Have you had a chance to look at my issue again?

Quote Originally Posted by trevor Benjamin Hero View Post
    why are people posting after getting replied to before me?
    Have you updated your Java?

1. How to update your Java
    • The installer we use makes use of Java and therefore it's important to ensure you have the latest version, particularly if you are experiencing problems during the installation process.

You can download the latest version here:
      http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Hi Neil,

Hi, I've been trying to get Football Manager 2009 running for 4 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I successfully installed and played a game for a bit last Friday. I saved, turned the game off, and tried to Launch the game from Steam again the following morning but Softanchor asked for my activation code again, and I received error 821 : We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key please visit www.sigames.com.

I tried to get round this problem for days and I have tried all the solutions on the Football Manager forums - nothing worked.

I have now replaced my original copy of Football Manager 2009 with a new copy, and a different activation code. I am getting the same error report when trying to activate the game. How is this possible?

Please, help needed

Amateur

Are my specs ok to play it please Neil

yeah i downloaded it yesterday and tried again. if i double click to run the game nothing happens, but if i click on it again it says football manager is already running...

any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1985 View Post
    And me....can i have an answer pls?
    Did you try the script here found here?:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

A new version of this script with some further improvements will hopefully be made available at some point today too.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor Benjamin Hero View Post
    yeah i downloaded it yesterday and tried again. if i double click to run the game nothing happens, but if i click on it again it says football manager is already running...

any other ideas?
    Drop me a PM with your email address.

Amateur

Did you try the script here found here?:

A new version of this script with some further improvements will hopefully be made available at some point today too.
    any help with my query please?

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC-OMS View Post
    Ok I had no luck with my brothers new copy because of the facegen carry on, I downloaded the demo through steam but Im now sat here with the game my missus has bought for me lol

before I open it I have been told to check the specs match my laptop as I'll get no refund if it doesnt work.

So Ive got an acer aspire 5315 2.0GHZ upto 64MB Mobile intel and 512MB of RAM whatever that means!!!!

Ive also update my graphics and sound drivers.

Will it be ok to run on this please?????

Btw Ive still got the demo but deleted steam as I knew I wasnt buying it through that anyway.
    What do you mean by the 'facegen carry on'?

I need to know more details about your graphics chipset. At a glance, you seem to be under the minimum specifications but may be able to run in 2D.

Smile Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

It should read as 9.1, so if it is saying 9.0 then it sounds like it has not installed correctly or at all. What happens when you run the installer? What do you see?
    sorry i found the problem, had installed FM09 twice on computer, the uninstall first time hadnt worked and while it updated the new install the shortcuts were for the old version... fixed them and now its running version 9.1

the fast and quick responses on the forums are most appreciated by the way... the support website seems hopeless and i know you guys must be having a hard time at the moment... thanks for all the help

Amateur

Any fix for unilock-installers experiencing a complete nothingness at launch of FM?

Amateur

I need to know more details about your graphics chipset. At a glance, you seem to be under the minimum specifications but may be able to run in 2D.
    It wouldnt run on here when I used my bro's copy it just kept on saying

'The facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise please check log in file for details'

anyway I updated evertything possible, graphics, sound drivers etc but still no joy. Ive now got the demo downloaded again and Im waiting for an answer on the specs from you please.

Where do I check my graphic chipset???

Amateur

If it works on your missus' machine then there must be something up with your laptop's drive with this particular DVD. The disk is fine if it shows up elsewhere.

Do you not see anything at all on your laptop?
    no nothing at all appears and when i go to d drive in my computer there is nothing there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyidthfc View Post
    no nothing at all appears and when i go to d drive in my computer there is nothing there either.
    What operating system are you running?

It wouldnt run on here when I used my bro's copy it just kept on saying

'The facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise please check log in file for details'

anyway I updated evertything possible, graphics, sound drivers etc but still no joy. Ive now got the demo downloaded again and Im waiting for an answer on the specs from you please.

Where do I check my graphic chipset???
    2. How to find out your DXDIAG information
    • You may see us asking for your DXDIAG information. DXDIAG provides us with information about your machine so that we can identify what operating system version you are running as well as what type of graphics card you use amongst other things.

Using this information we can find out whether your system meets the minimum specifications as well as checking to see what drivers you have installed, which may help us diagnose your issue.

- Click Start menu, choose Run
      - Type 'dxdiag' without the quotes and press enter
      - Once it has completed and DX Diag is showing, click "Save all information"
      - Save the text file (e.g. to your desktop)
      - Quit dxdiag, open the saved file in Notepad
      - Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Select all"
      - Then go to the "Edit" menu again and choose "Copy"
      - Provide this information in the thread you posted in where it was requested by pasting the contents in the post (press the "Ctrl" key and "V", or choose "paste" from the "Edit" menu in your browser)

Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    any help with my query please?
    Hi Ringo,

Can you try the following for me please:

- Right-click on "Football Manager 2009" in the 'My games' section on Steam.
    - Select 'Properties'.
    - From the pop-up box go to the 'Local files' tab.
    - Select the 'Verify integrity of game cache' button.

Once it has finished, check to see if you can launch FM afterwards.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Denisioael View Post
    Marc could you help me out with the Array access out of bounds? that keeps poping up every time i try play a game. my game shuts down while i kick play match and i cant' go back in... all tho the game is still running in the task manager help me out dude!

Thanks
    UPDATE ya java mate!

Amateur

Would be nice if I could get the game up and running today...

Amateur

im using a laptop computer and installed FM 09 which is working however ive been unable to find Editor in any of the 2 places that have been mentioned in previous posts anyone got any advice on how to get it

thanks

Amateur

I installed FM on my laptop, but used Steam (or just didn't get the option to choose) but it isn't an option for me, now it won't even let me choose the option between Unilock and Steam now.

Anyway to change this? Steam isn't an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrangers View Post
    im using a laptop computer and installed FM 09 which is working however ive been unable to find Editor in any of the 2 places that have been mentioned in previous posts anyone got any advice on how to get it

thanks
    How did you install the game? If it's via Steam you should be able to find it here:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/tools/

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Carwyn View Post
    Anyway to change this? Steam isn't an option for me.
    Purely out of curiosity, why?

Amateur

Can I assume that you´re unable to find a solution to my problem?

Amateur

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.
    I am running windows vista

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

still need help!!!!!
    (Second Post)

Amateur

Ok here you go mate:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 11/18/2008, 14:38:22
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 5315
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 502MB RAM
    Page File: 1182MB used, 305MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DO YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO FROM THERE NEIL????

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    Purely out of curiosity, why?
    I'm smack bang in the middle of China and it doesn't work properly over here, Great Firewall of China things (Fed Ex does work though, as does Skype).

Amateur

I think I am going to return my copy back to the shop. I have no idea what to do. I dont know enough about the computer basics to follow the instructions, unzip files etc, stupid maybe! I am really dissapointed, I have bought this game since it started out.

I wouldnt mind, but I dont want to play online. What do people do if they are not connected to the internet?

Maybe the 6 hour plane journey has killed my brain, but this has just finished me off.

Ok here you go mate:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 11/18/2008, 14:38:22
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 5315
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 502MB RAM
    Page File: 1182MB used, 305MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DO YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO FROM THERE NEIL????
    There should be a display bit just after this, so you need to provide that.

Amateur

Many players, myself included are getting a message saying "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" when trying to open the editor. It suggests reinstalling to fix it but that doesnt do any good. Ive seen a number of threads highlighting it but none seem to have had a response from anyone in-the-know on how to fix it. Anyone from SI give us some help? Cheers

Amateur

HERE YOU GO MATE THE DISPLAY SECTION TOO:

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_01361025&REV_03
    Display Memory: 64 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 64 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1409 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 1/22/2008 14:21:38, 2580480 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-1476-3C21A2C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x2A02
    SubSys ID: 0x01361025
    Revision ID: 0x0003
    Revision ID: 0x0003
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_B
    Deinterlace Caps: {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_10250136&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.5840.16387 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 11/2/2006 07:36:49, 235520 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Am I ready to start????

Amateur

I installed and activated the game fine.

have got the patch installed too....

I can play the game fine, but often when I click to see highlights of one of my matches (in this case a friendly, clicking on the score) the loading football comes but then it just freezes!

End up having to ctrl+alt+delete and end the fm.exe process!

I'm running Windows Vista, NVidia GeForce 8400M

Amateur

Yes, i have tried that.....there must be a way of fixing this

Quote Originally Posted by neil dejyothin View Post
    did you try the script here found here?:

a new version of this script with some further improvements will hopefully be made available at some point today too.

Amateur

I posted my problem over the weekend and wasn't really helped. Noticed scanning through the pages that a few people have had the same problem but i cant see any way of solving this.

I had the graphics system problem and then downloaded something from microsoft that i was told to download and the game starts loading up slowly. Gets passed the "kick racism" advert and then the screen starts flashing and the is an L in the corner. Anyone know what i need to do to fix this so i can finally play the game!

Quote Originally Posted by ake1 View Post
    I posted my problem over the weekend and wasn't really helped. Noticed scanning through the pages that a few people have had the same problem but i cant see any way of solving this.

I had the graphics system problem and then downloaded something from microsoft that i was told to download and the game starts loading up slowly. Gets passed the "kick racism" advert and then the screen starts flashing and the is an L in the corner. Anyone know what i need to do to fix this so i can finally play the game!
    Have you downloaded and installed the 9.1.0 patch?

You can find links to it here:

Any ideas how to get the .net framework to work? each time I try to install this, the file fails and closes meaning I can't resolve the -10 error.

Amateur

Hi Ringo,

Can you try the following for me please:

- Right-click on "Football Manager 2009" in the 'My games' section on Steam.
    - Select 'Properties'.
    - From the pop-up box go to the 'Local files' tab.
    - Select the 'Verify integrity of game cache' button.

Once it has finished, check to see if you can launch FM afterwards.
    Thanks for getting back to me,

Tried that but still no joy - just says that game is unavailable and to try again later.

Any chance of a solution suggestion?

I've been trying to get Football Manager 2009 running for 4 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please, help needed

Amateur

Hi Neil,
    I bought the game today, and I BELIEVE, successfully installed it onto my Vista. I can only access it from my 'Games' folder, though this was not a problem when using FM08. Anyhow, I installed using Unilock I believe (certainly not steam anyway!) and now, whenever i double click FM09 to start it up, a list of errors come up (can relay them to you if you like, didnt note them at the time) and the computer switches to a blue screen with loads of jibba jabba on it, saying it must shut down, and so it does.

Mate, I understand this must be a pretty cruddy time for you, working all this right now. So any help is muchos appreciatos!

Ernisto

Amateur

with regarding my previous post about Editor i thought id put the message that comes up

the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log for more detail

this is the message that comes up when i click on the Editor icon

my thinking is that it may be because ive still got FM 08 on my computer could i be correct

Thanks for getting back to me,

Tried that but still no joy - just says that game is unavailable and to try again later.
    Can you go to the following directory on your machine:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/

Is the 'fm.exe' there?

If so, double click on it to see if the game launches.

Quote Originally Posted by kkb15 View Post
    It says the name specified in the target box is not valid. Please make sure the path and file name are correct.
    As neilos said, can you double check there is a space between the last quote and --reset_preferences?

It should read (exactly): "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

With a space between the last quote and the first dash.

Amateur

Are my specs fine please Neil????

Im just sat looking at the game in its box still sealed!!!!!

Amateur

Can you go to the following directory on your machine:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/

Is the 'fm.exe' there?

If so, double click on it to see if the game launches.

No, there is a file with the SI logo called 'Activator' but it doesn't do anything when I double click on it.

No, there is a file with the SI logo called 'Activator' but it doesn't do anything when I double click on it.
    Did you at any point remove the fm.exe from here?

Try running the instructions I gave you again and leave this folder open (to see if it appears).

Amateur

Neil,
    I have sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tom34smiles View Post
    Neil,
    I have sent you a PM.
    I replied (and by email)

Amateur

Did you at any point remove the fm.exe from here?

Try running the instructions I gave you again and leave this folder open (to see if it appears).

It actually did appear that time but I've tried to run it and it says:

'fm.exe is not a valid Win32 application'

Amateur

I need help....i am getting nowere!! I thought i was buying a game, and cannot believe what me and others have to go thru to pla

It actually did appear that time but I've tried to run it and it says:

'fm.exe is not a valid Win32 application'
    Okay give it a little while, it may be re-generating (the file size will be about 27MB or so when it's complete)... sounds like it's not finished restoring itself.

Amateur

Helllooooo can you answer my query please so i can play it or not as may be the case!!!!!

Amateur

This is stupid
    this is the 1st year they wer worried about Fifa manager competing with them so they come up with all this crap
    r they trying 2 make us switch 2 Fifa Manager
    its not even as if there is much competition anymore
    all Fifa games arent as popular now since pro evo became big
    Codemasters dont look as if they r making anymore LMA Managers unless its on a phone or possibly PS2
    Championship Manager has lost its appeal since Football Manager came out
    and dont even get me started on Premier Manager. thats a sure cure for insomnia
    every1 shud just leave messages saying that they will get a refund and buy another manager game
    and what was the point of teaming up with Steam
    how many of us r actually gonna want to play football manager on another computer and even if we do i bet it is extremely slow cos u wud need 2 download all the details each time

Amateur

Is there anyway that I can change the installation method on my copy of FM to use Unilock?

Amateur

I replied (and by email)
    Neil,

Info sent to you.

Amateur

Hi Neil,
    I bought the game today, and I BELIEVE, successfully installed it onto my Vista. I can only access it from my 'Games' folder, though this was not a problem when using FM08. Anyhow, I installed using Unilock I believe (certainly not steam anyway!) and now, whenever i double click FM09 to start it up, a list of errors come up (can relay them to you if you like, didnt note them at the time) and the computer switches to a blue screen with loads of jibba jabba on it, saying it must shut down, and so it does.

Mate, I understand this must be a pretty cruddy time for you, working all this right now. So any help is muchos appreciatos!

Ernisto

Helllooooo can you answer my query please so i can play it or not as may be the case!!!!!
    You should in theory be able to run in 2D.

Install it, update DirectX, install the 9.1.0 patch and then launch the game.

Any problems from there, give me a shout over PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ernisto View Post
    Hi Neil,

Ernisto
    Have you updated your DirectX, graphics card drivers and installed the 9.1.0 patch?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deano565 View Post
    Many players, myself included are getting a message saying "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" when trying to open the editor. It suggests reinstalling to fix it but that doesnt do any good. Ive seen a number of threads highlighting it but none seem to have had a response from anyone in-the-know on how to fix it. Anyone from SI give us some help? Cheers
    Anyone? Neil?

Amateur

Have you updated your DirectX, graphics card drivers and installed the 9.1.0 patch?

No, no and no. Haven't got any links for them have ya mate?

Is this a familiar case then? i.e. do you reckon this will sort me out?

Muchos Gracias

Ernisto

Amateur

Hi, (3rd Post)

I am at my wits end, all i ever get when i try to install FM09 is an error saying:

Installer UI Mode Error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate an my system is well above spec so theres no issue there.

I have tried lowering the resolution or setting the display to basic. Ive tried running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode and running it as administrator. Ive also tried Direct X SDK to see if that would fix it.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet without any success! Ive had the game since its release day and all i wanna do is play it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(By the way i had the demo working on my system fine)

Amateur

Okay give it a little while, it may be re-generating (the file size will be about 27MB or so when it's complete)... sounds like it's not finished restoring itself.

Its vanished again! I don't think i've deleted anything in this folder (at least not deliberately!).

Amateur

You should in theory be able to run in 2D.

Install it, update DirectX, install the 9.1.0 patch and then launch the game.

Any problems from there, give me a shout over PM.
    thanks mate your doing a superb job, Ill give it a whirl now hopefully this will be the last you hear from me lol

Its vanished again! I don't think i've deleted anything in this folder (at least not deliberately!).
    That's very unusual and this is the source of your problem.

I'm not sure why it would 'vanish'. Do you have anti virus installed and running? Might be worth disabling it while you do this to see if it's actually deleting the exe for some reason.

Amateur

because its not working on my main pc, im trying my laptop, however thats does no have the net, so im using the phone thing. I have put in all the numbers the voice says and she says im finshed click next then finsh, which i did, and when i click on the icon for FM 09 its come back up with that activation !!!!!
    WHY ?
    (I have read all the instructions about the phone thing) !

Quote Originally Posted by z114gate View Post
    Hi, (3rd Post)

I am at my wits end, all i ever get when i try to install FM09 is an error saying:

Installer UI Mode Error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate an my system is well above spec so theres no issue there.

I have tried lowering the resolution or setting the display to basic. Ive tried running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode and running it as administrator. Ive also tried Direct X SDK to see if that would fix it.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet without any success! Ive had the game since its release day and all i wanna do is play it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(By the way i had the demo working on my system fine)
    What's the exact username of your machine?

Can you try and create a temporary username, ensuring it has normal characters (like "Neil") and see if you can install it.

Amateur

Muchos Gracias

Ernisto

Amateur

does anyone have any answers about my query i had typed the message that comes up wen i click on editor

the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application even log for more detail

this is the message that comes up wen i click on the Editor icon

my thinking is that it may because ive still got FM08 installed could i be correct in thinking this

Quote Originally Posted by ernisto View Post

Muchos Gracias

Ernisto
    Okay let's start with the basics:

DirectX from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_di...f22aca64b8e67/

The patch can be found here:

Download and install those and let me know if that's helped.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrangers View Post
    does anyone have any answers about my query i had typed the message that comes up wen i click on editor

the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application even log for more detail

this is the message that comes up wen i click on the Editor icon

my thinking is that it may because ive still got FM08 installed could i be correct in thinking this
    I think this is because you may have a missing file on your machine that the Editor needs.

I'll do some digging to see if I can find what you need to download, so will be back shortly.

Amateur

still need help

I think this is because you may have a missing file on your machine that the Editor needs.

I'll do some digging to see if I can find what you need to download, so will be back shortly.
    And here you go:

Amateur

Neil.....?

Neil.....?
    Same link as in the post above. Try installing this:

Amateur

any chance that i can get help

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast