Closed Thread
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I aprreciate your efforts here guys but Ive posted my problem a few times and no feedback as yet!!
    PLZ help, a cant stand another day of this!!!!

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyidthfc View Post
    wont read disk? any ideas,been trying to get in touch for 4 days and no f****r will reply/answer.please help.
    If it works on your missus' machine then there must be something up with your laptop's drive with this particular DVD. The disk is fine if it shows up elsewhere.

Do you not see anything at all on your laptop?

Amateur

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error message is the following:
    AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I have the above issue but I have downloaded the Dxsdk file.

I have problems with Microsoft re the Rapidshare Certificate as with others.

I sense a number of us are getting close to resolving our issue, come on SI one last push!!

Amateur

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

How do i fix this?! i really want to play!

Amateur

wont read disk? any ideas,been trying to get in touch for 4 days and no f****r will reply/answer.please help.
    try running msconfig and disk cleanup

Amateur

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Not one suggestion on how to solve this problem. I managed to get the game runing on my 4 year old pc tonight but the old beast only ran for 3 matches before it froze. Please guys help us out.

Amateur

It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...t=61764&page=2. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore us. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.
    Last edited by ericpatton; 17-11-2008 at 23:01.

Amateur

[QUOTE=tom34smiles;2073062]Not one suggestion on how to solve this problem. I managed to get the game runing on my 4 year old pc tonight but the old beast only ran for 3 matches before it froze. Please guys help us out.[/QUOTE

do you have the latest graphics drivers?aslo are u running it in windowed mode which seems to be better

Quote Originally Posted by ericpatton View Post
    It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...t=61764&page=2. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore use. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.
    Hi Eric - looking now

Lurker

i just recently purchased the game and i had the graphics problem i downloaded the link but every time i launch the game theres a l in the bottom right hand corner is this still a graphics problem or is there anything i can do to run a compatibility check thanks in advance for any help be well appreciated ?

Amateur

what does error -1 signify?

i believe i have solved my 703 error but its been replace by 1.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Amateur

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

Quote Originally Posted by mooreso1985 View Post
    i just recently purchased the game and i had the graphics problem i downloaded the link but every time i launch the game theres a l in the bottom right hand corner is this still a graphics problem or is there anything i can do to run a compatibility check thanks in advance for any help be well appreciated ?
    Drop me a PM.

Amateur

Hi

I appriciate that you've been busy over the last few days, and probably in need of a good holiday!

The problem I have been having with FM2009 is freezing after confirming my team selection, the confusing thing about this is that sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn't!

I had the issue with them demo but got round this by playing the game in windowed mode, after purchasing the game from Zaavi on release the windowed mode is now greyed out and can not be selected. I have tried playing the game in different resolutions which I can view. If i get the game to load the match screen it works perfectly for the rest of that session. When stop playing (usually around 5am!) and go back to it the next day and try and play it, it will freeze 9 times out of 10. It asks me to confirm team selection then the computer stops responding. When opening task manager the CPU is running at around 50% and the Physical Memory around 44%. It seems strange that if I can get into the first game then it runs fine for the rest of the session.

The system I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 531 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 6000+ 3.00Ghz using Vista and 4.00GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 512MB with all the updated drivers. I have downloaded via steam and also directly and am using version 9.1 when the game opens up. Also downloaded the new direct x software.

I apologise for this strange query but there seems to be no obvious answer to me but it seems strange that it works sometimes and not others.

A speedy reply would be greatful but it is 11pm and I assume you've got hundreds/thousands of similar random quieries. But thanks for taking your time to read this.

RECEIVED FROM NEIL

Hi Andy,

We're still investigating as to why this happens, but the information you've provided here may be useful to us so I will pass it on to the programmers tomorrow when they're back in office.

You can still force the game into Windowed mode.

Do you know how to use command line options on the FM shortcut? You need to right-click on your FM shortcut and select "Properties".

In the "Target" field, you need to append --windowed --small_screen on the end.

E.g.
    "C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.exe" --windowed --small_screen

If these instructions are too vague, let me know and I'll try and get back to you with a more detailed step-by-step process.

And yes, very busy and very in need of a holiday.

Neil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This didn't work for me, bit hopefully get to the end soon. There are a few requests for this but with no answers, so I thought I'd post this reply to help anyone who may of had this same problem. Also I aslo heard disabling the sound in windows and im FM may also help, not for me but maybe some!
    Hope this may help someone to enjoy the game, and lets not sit here moaning and try and be helpful as possible to resolve these issues!
    Last edited by Andy.k; 18-11-2008 at 23:52.

Amateur

Why do non mac users have to activate the game, when mac users dont? Why has the game been released for general sale with so many problems. Surely the game was tested before hand.

I am not a tecno boffin and so would not have a clue how to start doing half the things mentioned on this forum. But then why should one have to? I understand teething problems.....but so many? Surely not!

Why is the game still on sale in the UK? And without any warnings of the problems? GAME has announcements as to how great the game is, the press have adverts.....but no appologies, NO WARNINGS!

Why are the solutions to some of the problems not available? Are that many people having problems? Why has the game not been recalled?

I have no intention of using the online facility within the game, so why is there not an option to disable it......or even better why is it not like older versions where you had to click on a link for network play.

£29.99 paid for a game that doesn't work......brilliant. Chances of a refund........NIL.....the seal has been broken as there were no warnings about the the problems and nothing to say "You must register this product before first use" on the sleeve.

So....how do I get an activation code when the one on the box is wrong, the website checker thing doesnt work and one doesnt want to waste money phoning either an automated service or a £1 a minute premium rate number.

Someone please help......or maybe someone might be able to suggest where a fully working copy of the game can be purchased!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Drop me a PM.
    Hi Neil,

There are many Mac users following this forum. We are still waiting for the patch as you know. Could you please kindly give us an update? Is there a problem? Should we expect it still tonight or tomorrow or later this week? I think we all deserve a status update. If the patch won't come tonight I can just come back to the forum tomorrow. Please advise.

Thank you.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ericpatton View Post
    It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...t=61764&page=2. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore us. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.
    I only tried it in my old machne to check it wasnt a fault with the disc, i knew it was below spec for the game.

Amateur

Ive got crash dumps foder. Game wont work. How do i fix this, ive tried deleting it , but nohting. Plzzzzzzzzzz help me

Amateur

right, am posting ma problem and getting no reply and then other people post later than me and get seen 2 straight away, not really fair!!!!! I understand its not an ideal situation but a just want the god damn thing to work!!! been here since friday!!!!
    I will explain my issue again, its nothing to do with error codes or anything! i put the disc in and nothing appears on the screen!! my computer isnt old, 6months old, got windows vista and fm 08 works! Ive tried alot of different things but still no joy!! am hittin the hay soon, someone from SI please help, i will be here tomorrow again!!

Amateur

Mine plays but keeps freezing and saying 'football manager not responding' so i leave it a while and sometimes it starts working again and sometimes I have to go into task manager and come out of the game.

Why?

thanks

Amateur

Amateur

Guys I have had the game since release date and i have yet to take control of a match. My game keeps on freezing and its getting beyond a joke now at this stage. When i click on a result for another teams match the game freezes and i cant do anything but end process. I have a high spec laptop so dont know what the problem is at all.

I really could do with some help here SI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles View Post
    Hi Neil,

There are many Mac users following this forum. We are still waiting for the patch as you know. Could you please kindly give us an update? Is there a problem? Should we expect it still tonight or tomorrow or later this week? I think we all deserve a status update. If the patch won't come tonight I can just come back to the forum tomorrow. Please advise.

Thank you.
    Hiya,

An update was provided earlier today I believe, but perhaps has got lost in the midst of other posts. We're still working on the Mac patch and we wanted to go live today but came across a couple of issues that we felt needed more testing.

We're hopeful we will be able to go live tomorrow, but that obviously depends on how the test results go.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by mick69 View Post
    right, am posting ma problem and getting no reply and then other people post later than me and get seen 2 straight away, not really fair!!!!! I understand its not an ideal situation but a just want the god damn thing to work!!! been here since friday!!!!
    I will explain my issue again, its nothing to do with error codes or anything! i put the disc in and nothing appears on the screen!! my computer isnt old, 6months old, got windows vista and fm 08 works! Ive tried alot of different things but still no joy!! am hittin the hay soon, someone from SI please help, i will be here tomorrow again!!
    Can you drop me a PM with your email address please?

Amateur

Ok thanks mate.

Amateur

Hi guys, I seem to be having a problem with loading the game which has come up a couple of times earlier in the thread. When I load the game the screen goes black, nothing happens and then I get the following message:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error message is the following:
    ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3

I've tried downloaded the Dxsdk file, what other things can I try?

PLEASE HELP IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE GAME TO WORK SINCE 3PM ON FRIDAY!!

I've also tried to download the patch but cant as it tells me windows has blocked it due to certificate or something!

Amateur

Hi, I'm having problems with my FM09; it's basically the XML Parsing error. I tried your solution, but anytime i press ok, it says that what's in the target field is not valid. I can't press ok at all.

What do I do? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kkb15 View Post
    Hi, I'm having problems with my FM09; it's basically the XML Parsing error. I tried your solution, but anytime i press ok, it says that what's in the target field is not valid. I can't press ok at all.

What do I do? Any help appreciated.
    That means you're not entering it in correctly or you are editing the wrong thing.

Try and give me a step by step of what you're doing.

Amateur

Can't down load patch due to unauthorised Certificate?

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
    Can't down load patch due to unauthorised Certificate?

Any ideas?
    Where are you downloading the patch from?

Assuming you are using Inernet Explorer, can you try this:
    • In Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
    • Click on the "Security" tab.
    • Click on "Trusted sites".
    • Click on the "Sites" button.
    • In the "Trusted sites" dialog, under "Add this website to the zone", type the domain you want to download from (e.g. something like: mydomain.com).
    • Make sure "Require server verification" is not ticked.
    • Click "Add", then "Close" to close the "Trusted sites" dialog.
    • Back in the "Internet Options" dialog click "OK" to close this dialog and apply the changes.
    • Try to download the file.

Does this help?

Amateur

Thanks Boah, I'll let you know

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by steffanrhyswilliams View Post
    Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

At this step an error message appeared reading...

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    You need to install the DotNet2 framework - you need this to run the game in the first place. So please download and install from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    I have done this and still get the error message... someone please help!!
    Last edited by SteadyFM; 18-11-2008 at 00:57.

Amateur

That means you're not entering it in correctly or you are editing the wrong thing.

Try and give me a step by step of what you're doing.
    I have the FM shortcut on my desktop. I right-click it, go to properties, then copy/paste the data at the end of the "fm.exe". Then when I try to press ok, it's stopping me..

I have the FM shortcut on my desktop. I right-click it, go to properties, then copy/paste the data at the end of the "fm.exe". Then when I try to press ok, it's stopping me..
    Okay - the only part you need to put in at the end of that is:
    --reset_preferences

..."fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Make sure it's in the "Target" field and not the other one.

If you like, copy and paste everything in the "Target" field and post it here.

Amateur

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

That's what in the target field already. I've tried adding the --reset_preferences to it.

Amateur

Andy.K wrote:
    Hi

I appriciate that you've been busy over the last few days, and probably in need of a good holiday!

The problem I have been having with FM2009 is freezing after confirming my team selection, the confusing thing about this is that sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn't!

I had the issue with them demo but got round this by playing the game in windowed mode, after purchasing the game from Zaavi on release the windowed mode is now greyed out and can not be selected. I have tried playing the game in different resolutions which I can view. If i get the game to load the match screen it works perfectly for the rest of that session. When stop playing (usually around 5am!) and go back to it the next day and try and play it, it will freeze 9 times out of 10. It asks me to confirm team selection then the computer stops responding. When opening task manager the CPU is running at around 50% and the Physical Memory around 44%. It seems strange that if I can get into the first game then it runs fine for the rest of the session.

The system I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 531 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 6000+ 3.00Ghz using Vista and 4.00GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 512MB with all the updated drivers. I have downloaded via steam and also directly and am using version 9.1 when the game opens up. Also downloaded the new direct x software.

I apologise for this strange query but there seems to be no obvious answer to me but it seems strange that it works sometimes and not others.

A speedy reply would be greatful but it is 11pm and I assume you've got hundreds/thousands of similar random quieries. But thanks for taking your time to read this.
    I have a similar problem with my verison mate. Im using a new laptop less than 6 month old. Vista, Intel core 2 duo processor, with a Nvidia GeForce 8400m GS graphic card, 3bg ram etc. I haven't a clue on what to do get to work (has once) but its like talking to a brick wall

Amateur

Drop me a PM.
    Hi,

The tip didn´t work, unfortunately. Appreciate the help so far though.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

That's what in the target field already. I've tried adding the --reset_preferences to it.
    Add it outside the quotes so it reads:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Amateur

Boah mate you don't happen to know what is causing my problem see up^^

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Boah View Post
    Add it outside the quotes so it reads:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    I've tried that.

Amateur

Heey,

need sum help! lol.

Ryt... I installed the game after many efforts using uniloc and finally my activation code worked etc etc, and ive been playing the game (which is gr8 obv btw) and i saved it and exited the game, but now when i click on the shortcut i made it comes up with...

'football manager is not working... windows is checking for solution'

followed by.... ' football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable'

What do i do to get the game workign again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actualyl updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

Please any help and guidance wud b very much appreciated guys

Amateur

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.
    I am running windows vista

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

I've tried that.
    What error does it give you when you try to press "OK" to set it?

Third Team

Ok so I had serious problems, first one being the XML Parsing error (so got rid of that by adding the reset preferences thingee, then it was stalling as it loaded so I tried to force small screen windowed mode and this brought back the Parsing error, so problem solved through a round about route. Just incase anyone else has this issue I changed my target and it now says "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences --small_screen --windowed and that worked a charm now I have got it running, after reading this thread and thinking it through. Thanks Guys.

Amateur

I just bought WWSM off of steam, and downloaded the game, but now it says its "pre-loaded" and would unlock when its officially released, which was supposed to happen today.

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by oliverr99 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with typing on the game? Whenever I type one letter two come up on the screen? Really poor.
    I had that on the demo, not it the real game tho

Amateur

If I play with 1 Striker and an AMC just behind him, on my tactics screen it shows my striker twice and my AMC twice, unfortunately it doesnt mean I have 13 players on the pitch tho

Amateur

It says the name specified in the target box is not valid. Please make sure the path and file name are correct.

First Team Squad Member

Marc the game is nearly perfect for me, after quite a few hours work. But I'm having an issue with the mouse. Please see- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63112

As others have mentioned my drivers are upto date, I have the patch installed and SDK installed.

Hopefully you can give me some idea how to resolve this.

Amateur

Where are you downloading the patch from?

Assuming you are using Inernet Explorer, can you try this:

In Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
    Click on the "Security" tab.
    Click on "Trusted sites".
    Click on the "Sites" button.
    In the "Trusted sites" dialog, under "Add this website to the zone", type the domain you want to download from (e.g. something like: mydomain.com).
    Make sure "Require server verification" is not ticked.
    Click "Add", then "Close" to close the "Trusted sites" dialog.
    Back in the "Internet Options" dialog click "OK" to close this dialog and apply the changes.
    Try to download the file.

Does this help?

Hi Boah, the patch still wont download as microsoft has a problem with certificates/unpublsished etc etc

I'm taking game back in next couple of days and never buying FM again - spent too long on thi.

Amateur

Oh yeah, forgot can't get my money back thanks SI and SEGA for a magical experience, one I'll never forget!!

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64338 >> please someone anwser

i've played 10 hours without problems and than this.... no point in spending another 10 hours if it isn't guarenteed that it doesn't happen again

Amateur

I've tried that.
    I Had this error same as you all bloody night - You have to make sure you put a space after"

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
    Marc - I have the same problem as above (fm.exe crash posted by Stedders, Lad and Bigal81 above) and the noted fix doesn't work. I don't have the net at present so I had to copy to disc and place onto computer though it installed fine however same error occurs:

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00o0e857

I have Dell dimension
    Windows XP home
    512mb ram
    Pentium 4 2.6ghz
    1000mb available memory
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Internet is currently down though activated through phone authorisation which worked ok.

Tested fm2009 on parents pc and it worked fine.

Puzzled!.
    Last edited by tc78; 18-11-2008 at 12:18. Reason: update

Amateur

come on guys thus should never of been released with so many bugs problems, someone didnt do there job....How to loose customers in one easy lesson....Nearly as bug filled as cm4 was on the day of release, thought you had learnt this lesson....

Amateur

Okay I am going to contact trading standards/national press and see if they have a view on this........

I'll probbaly have to send SEGA or SI twenty letters before I get a refund but atleast I'll get my 29.99 back

Amateur

i had the flickering dial in the bottom corner.
    i installed the patch last night as advised by Neil, and ran it this morning.
    problem solved - the game launches really quickly.
    hope this helps.

Amateur

Hiya,

An update was provided earlier today I believe, but perhaps has got lost in the midst of other posts. We're still working on the Mac patch and we wanted to go live today but came across a couple of issues that we felt needed more testing.

We're hopeful we will be able to go live tomorrow, but that obviously depends on how the test results go.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime for the delay.
    Thxs for update and apologies. I hope the patch will be out today ...

Cheers

Amateur

MAC Users

My game would not boot when i clicked the FM09 desktop icon, just kept telling me that the game quit unexpectadly.

I have now tried booting from the FMicon contained in the Football Manager 2009 folder, and the game runs perfectly.

Hope this help other mac users?

Amateur

I stil cannot activate my game. Error 1.
    Someone must know how to get round this as most people seem are now actually playing the game

Amateur

The game, and in fact my whole computer, freezes when I attempt to play a match in 3D mode. 2D works fine, but the reason I bought this game is because of the 3D mode! Very annoying.

I have seen SI are looking into this problem. There is a patch (9.1.10 or something) that I have downloaded. How do I connect this to the football manager application? Please help before I break something.

Amateur

i am also getting error -1 does anyone know how to sort this

Amateur

Neil Dejyothin: Do you have any other suggestions I might try to get this game working?

Amateur

ffs 703 is back again now...wtf is going on??

Amateur

So - a new day, and still the same old problems! Will MAC users get any kind of response today? It's funny how LOADS of PC users are getting responses or offers to PM an administrator, yet MAC users have heard nothing....

WILL THERE BE A MAC PATCH TODAY??? YES OR NO?? Just so we know...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by robdp2002 View Post
    So - a new day, and still the same old problems! Will MAC users get any kind of response today? It's funny how LOADS of PC users are getting responses or offers to PM an administrator, yet MAC users have heard nothing....

Its just as bad for PC users. I have posted about 20 times, i get as far as someone asking me to PM me some DXDIAG information and then they do nothing after that!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by robdp2002 View Post

I'd imagine that's because the Mac developers are trying to fix what is broken in the 3d game screen rather than buzzing around the forums.

Be thankful they support your platform at all! /linux user

Lurker

hi guys
    my problem is this
    first, i had the "failed to set up graphics system" error, so under direction from SI i installed the DirectX SDK file.
    my NEW problem is that when i go to click on the Direct X file, it tells me:
    This setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the PACKER tool to build this executable.
    ERROR code: S1001

Maybe this has been addressed earlier, but does anyone know how to fix this?
    Many thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by paddy15; 18-11-2008 at 10:40.

Amateur

Heey,

need sum help! lol.

Ryt... I installed the game after many efforts using uniloc and finally my activation code worked etc etc, and ive been playing the game (which is gr8 obv btw) and i saved it and exited the game, but now when i click on the shortcut i made it comes up with...

followed by.... ' football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable'

What do i do to get the game working again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actually updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. And now as my game won't work again, i trid downloading the patch but it keps coming up with 'error in the file' 'x6.exe' n i click on the unknown publisher link it says its from n it comes up with digital signiture something? i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

Amateur

Hi!!
    this is the 4th post i have left!! I have raised tickets with sega and sent pm's, but i still have had no nhelp and no1 has contacted me!! I am sick of being ignored by every1 on here!! Can sum1 help me now please!!!!

Amateur

'1. I have a shop copy of the game and have tried to install using Steam - It installs OK but when I try to launch the game, even offline, it says 'the game is not currently available, try again later'. I tried throughout the day but it still doesn't work.

2. I tried uninstalling Steam, but I still cannot get the game to run - I click on the 'activator' icon but nothing happens. I have tried downloading the 'fix' suggested on here but when I do it says something about a windows script host and the system not being able to find the file specified.

3. I have looked for the .exe file in the game folder but there isn't one.

I have uninstalled it to see if that will work but no joy.

Help!'

This is my post from yesterday. I haven't had a reply and I haven't made any progress. I have used the 'fix' suggested and it says that it is succesful and asks me to run the game, but the 'Activator' icon STILL DOES NOTHING. I don't get an error message so I can't really tell what the problem is - nothing happens!

I cannot find an '.exe' file in the directory.

Please can somebody respond? Many thanks.

Amateur

PLEASE SI, DONT SKIP BY ME AGAIN...

Hi guys,

when i installed it said it had been done but with serious errors. on the installog it says this

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\pitch\textures\perfect\very poor\pitch_top_right.dds
    Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\
    Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

what can i do??

Are you sure you have a DVD drive on your PC, not just a CD drive?

Amateur

They have got our money guys and girls, their pockets are lined with Christmas just round the corner. Credit crunch.....what credit crunch in the land of SIGames, Sega and Steam. Perhaps us mere mortals dont matter.....

The problem is simple.....everyone is having problems, everyone is posting problems on these forums, everyone's posts get lost amongst even more problems, individuals are hellbent on getting their own problems sorted (which is understandable, we have each paid the money for it) but surely its time for one quick fix to the whole problem........I can see it now, headlines in the press, on tv "SI Games launch amnesty and recall all copies of FM09, return opened and unopened copies to the retailer where you bought it for a full refund" For a moment there I thought I saw a low flying plane but with various patches, fixes, confusing instructions I clearly saw it was actually a pig flying by the window.....at least it gave me something entertaining to look at.

COME ON GUYS LETS SEE YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT US THE CUSTOMERS. ONE FIX FOR ONE IS NOT A FIX FOR OTHERS. THE ONLY FIX AVAILABLE IS TO PULL THE GAME UNTIL THE PROBLEMS ARE SORTED.

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

the xml parsing error is still happening even after reseting preferences, its driving me nuts, anyone know what's going on?
    Last edited by SconnieRFC; 18-11-2008 at 11:18.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wanno1 View Post
    They have got our money guys and girls, their pockets are lined with Christmas just round the corner. Credit crunch.....what credit crunch in the land of SIGames, Sega and Steam. Perhaps us mere mortals dont matter.....

The problem is simple.....everyone is having problems, everyone is posting problems on these forums, everyone's posts get lost amongst even more problems, individuals are hellbent on getting their own problems sorted (which is understandable, we have each paid the money for it) but surely its time for one quick fix to the whole problem........I can see it now, headlines in the press, on tv "SI Games launch amnesty and recall all copies of FM09, return opened and unopened copies to the retailer where you bought it for a full refund" For a moment there I thought I saw a low flying plane but with various patches, fixes, confusing instructions I clearly saw it was actually a pig flying by the window.....at least it gave me something entertaining to look at.

COME ON GUYS LETS SEE YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT US THE CUSTOMERS. ONE FIX FOR ONE IS NOT A FIX FOR OTHERS. THE ONLY FIX AVAILABLE IS TO PULL THE GAME UNTIL THE PROBLEMS ARE SORTED.
    Are you really that petty that you want other people not to play if they've got their problems sorted? The problems revolve around the activation tool which works for some and not for others. There are 'fix' files for that tool being developed, and I'd imagine when all the problems are resolved, a new version, a 'patch' to the activation tool, will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by SconnieRFC View Post
    the xml parsing error is still happening even after reseting preferences, its driving me nuts
    Then one of your XML files is broken. Try to find out which and replace it, or uninstall, delete the folders, and re-install.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Truby89 View Post
    Heey,

need sum help! lol.

What do i do to get the game working again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actually updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. And now as my game won't work again, i trid downloading the patch but it keps coming up with 'error in the file' 'x6.exe' n i click on the unknown publisher link it says its from n it comes up with digital signiture something? i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

ive already tried the 'fix' suggested for having the digital signiture issue when it comes to the patch, but ive just tried again and the same error comes up to do with digital sigatures. And my game still wont load just comes up with football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable' still.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    Are you really that petty that you want other people not to play if they've got their problems sorted? The problems revolve around the activation tool which works for some and not for others. There are 'fix' files for that tool being developed, and I'd imagine when all the problems are resolved, a new version, a 'patch' to the activation tool, will be released.

Then one of your XML files is broken. Try to find out which and replace it, or uninstall, delete the folders, and re-install.
    NO I am not being petty, just realistic. You summed it up in your own reply, the activation tool works for some and not for others. Obviously if your game is working then you dont need to return it....that would be just silly. I think you missed the point of an amnesty......

I have also just looked at the packaging again and it says it is recommended for three years and up......I wonder how a young kid would be able to sort the problems out......maybe they are tecno wizzes!!!! Sadly I am not, and I am not ashamed to say it.

Amateur

how would i find the xml filethats broken?

Amateur

I'd imagine that's because the Mac developers are trying to fix what is broken in the 3d game screen rather than buzzing around the forums.

Be thankful they support your platform at all! /linux user
    Thankful? Gratitude is not really the emotion I'm experiencing at present...but what a suggestion. Amazing.

Amateur

Hi, (2nd Post)

I am at my wits end, all i ever get when i try to install FM09 is an error saying:

Installer UI Mode Error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate an my system is well above spec so theres no issue there.

I have tried lowering the resolution or setting the display to basic. Ive tried running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode and running it as administrator. Ive also tried Direct X SDK to see if that would fix it.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet without any success! Ive had the game since its release day and all i wanna do is play it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(By the way i had the demo working on my system fine)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Claret Si View Post

Exactly the same for me. Supposed to be a patch released today to fix this. We'll see. But as yet, not even a reply this morning, nor an update.

Amateur

Im with you on that wanno1, Why would i want to buy a game what needs fixing, I don't have a clue about all these files, Aren't games ment to be put in load up install and play. unlike this one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SconnieRFC View Post
    how would i find the xml filethats broken?
    I'm not sure. If it's not in the prompt, perhaps it's in a log file somewhere?

Lurker

Hello

I need some help with my FM 09. I've played a one season with Milan and now i got a crash dumps "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064 (2008.11.18 09.26.40).dmp"
    Everu time i reach that day.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyS View Post
    Im with you on that wanno1, Why would i want to buy a game what needs fixing, I don't have a clue about all these files, Aren't games ment to be put in load up install and play. unlike this one.
    Thank you for agreeing....... and yes games should just be put in, loaded, up and played. Afterall thats what we pay £29.99!

Its lucky in a way, everyone has internet access these days. Oh I forgot they dont!

Amateur

ADMINISTRATORS - Any news on the Mac patch today? Will it be today, or tomorrow? Or....when?

anyone know what time the si guys start looking at the board?

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

well folks a might have to admit defeat and take fm 09 back!! not chuffed but honestly........everything has been done to try & fix this mess!! i know some of yous are peed off bigtime due to lack of support but i cant fault neil from SIgames, he tried everything and still got nowhere, looks like i will have to put up with my mates talking about FM09 & i will probably hit someone.........REALLY HARD!!! dont think i have any anger left!!!

Amateur

Marc could you help me out with the Array access out of bounds? that keeps poping up every time i try play a game. my game shuts down while i kick play match and i cant' go back in... all tho the game is still running in the task manager help me out dude!

Thanks

Amateur

i also have the problem stated above, FM cannot work well in Vista
    everytime when i go into the "submit team selection" or "go to match" sceen, the computer freeze and find that FM does not reponse

my brother play FM on another computer with window XP............. and he has no such problem
    what can i do now??? i have bought FM on the release day but cannot play a match, what the hell

Amateur

Hi

I have been trying to get FM 09 working since Friday, unfortunately no luck yet.

I chose to install without using steam (although this didn't work either) and have had my keycode accepted. However when trying to launch the game I recieve an error message:

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

APPCRASH
    fm.exe

The only thing I have not been able to do as far as I am aware is download the patch. I get the a web page cannot be displayed message when attempting to download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Amateur

I think the guysfrom SI have been up all night working on the game. Perhaps, some shut eye is well earnt. But still, there dont seem to be any conclusive updates bieng posted on their website. Please can can someone up there publish an update that everyone can understand. What is being done, what is still to be done.......will there be a total solution!

Amateur

I bought the game back on friday and i havnt been able 2 play it yet because the game wont load the start menu. i did have the trouble with activation like everyone else but that has since been sorted. when i start the game it is very clear that it is slow on my laptop but once it gets 2 the page with the L at the bottom right everything just stops and it doesnt go beyond that. is there anything i can do to fix this problem? i am willing 2 download anything if i have 2

Amateur

i am definitely not buying FM this year.Selling a game that gives a hundreds different problems to a hundred different people is just ridicolous.

Amateur

And the people here can speak english,post here their problem and then get helped.I am italian and i can speak english....but what about non english people that cant???

ANyone nkow how to fix this problem... when i try to install the patch it comes up with an error message of 'error reading file block 63' and stops intallation, cant see any point even trying to play the game before patch is installed but i cant install the patch... so no play time!!!

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast