Closed Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

The game was working ok and then when i came to submit my team for a match the game cut off and it came up XML parsing error. and it said "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml" and it cut the game off.
    I tried again and it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and installing but it does the same thing can you help.

help
    Last edited by macca1010; 17-11-2008 at 17:24.

Amateur

thats a cop out answer for we dont know. a range of time would be good, not asking for a specific

Amateur

Game was working fine, saved it, then gone to restart and I am now Inactive, so can do nothing!

Also it asks for a password when I go on Holiday, I have never set a password!"

Amateur

Hate to be complaining but a couple of things: When will we see this activation-fix? It was said "afternoon" and "1 hour".

When will mac power-pcs be able to play this game?

Norwegian Head Researcher

I'm not able to install Football Manager 2009 at all. I get the following error message when running both Autorun and Setup.exe:

"This application has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of the Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit (LAX).
    Details:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.getUIError(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JRootPane.(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA81 13)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA81 13)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA81 13)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113) ............."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling newest Java, then rebooting. Still yields the same result. What should I do?

Amateur

that website http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ does not work for me it just says unable to find key does not tell me what mine should be and ive PM'd muzchap like he said but still dont have a reply

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Quietflight View Post
    my game just freezes when i try to go to any match . . doesnt respond and im running a geforce 8400GS 512mb card. Seriuosly disapointed with this game so far.

and to top it off, unistalled and now it just wont run, why the hell is steam used, its useless!
    What did you uninstall Quietflight?

Also what graphics card are you running the game on? If it is a dual Nvida card there may be a work around for the freeze you can try:

Hi Guys.

If you have Dual Nvidia cards and are experiencing a freeze could you please try the following.

First open your Nvidia Control panel (this is usually located in your Windows Control Panel).
    Next make sure you have on the "Advanced settings" ticked at the top.
    On the right hand side select "Manage 3D Settings"
    And then select "Program Settings".
    Select "Add"
    This will open a browse dialogue box.

Now navigate through this box to where your Football Manager 2009 installation is located.

The default locations are:

Installed through Uniloc:
    C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Installed through Steam:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Football Manager 2009

When here you should see "FM.exe" in the right directory. Select it and click "Open"

This will add FM.exe to the program settings box.
    Make sure FM.exe is selected and in the lower box you will see the options for FM.exe.
    Scroll down in this box until you see "SLI Performance Mode" Click the dropdown box and select:
    "Alternate Frame Rendering" from this drop down menu.

Finally select "Apply" on the bottom right hand corner and then "File" and "Exit".

Now try playing a match.

Let me know if this has helped.

Amateur

Hi again! (second time I have said again)

my post is number 1250

someone please look at it!

Amateur

does this apply to me aswell steve? did u get my PM's???

Amateur

Hi there, I had a problem with graphics at the start and i downloaded the file to fix it and the game works now but its incredibly slow ie. the mouse has to hover over icons for few seconds before it can be clicked the processing of matches is shockinly slow, my computer is well above spec to run this game it had no problem with all the other football managers and i only play it using commentary is there going to be a new patch to fix this problem because i know im not the only person with this problem.

Some help soon as possible would be greatly appreciated

Amateur

could someone just tell me if you will have the activation key thing fixed within the next few hours

Should I still be getting Error 821 or has it been "fixed"?

I've tried the whole uninstalling/deleting certificates thing, but still being told to get another key.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung8 View Post
    could someone just tell me if you will have the activation key thing fixed within the next few hours
    Listen to the man, please. Revised estimated time would be good.

Amateur

Hi (again!)

I have a problem that none of the SI peeps have mentioned yet.

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

Amateur

Hi, can you help me please? Everytime I try to put my activation code it, it keeps rejecting it, and everytime I try to find out my code on http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ it says unable to find key. Is there a way you can sort my code out?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Amateur

hi. whenever i try to go on the fm 2009 data editor i get a message come up saying "unable to find resources! couldn't find the data folder!" can anyone help with this?

Amateur

My STEAM says Unable to load steam library.dll?

How is this fixed?

Cheers,
    Jack

Amateur

Would not over worry about Activation code, when you do finally get on the game, you cant save it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    This is a known issue and is under review.
    anyone know when this will be fixed?

Amateur

after i saved my game i can no longer look at information without it freezing and then having to 'ctrl,alt, delete' it

i've got updated drivers, a new laptop, the microsoft direct x thing and tried the threading option

Amateur

keep getting error 703! its been 4 days now since i bought the game and first saw the message! help anyone?!

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by J lambden View Post
    Hi (again!)

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!
    The directx SDK is meant for use in conjunction with the patched version of the full game- it will not make the demo work.

Amateur

Evening,

I am getting the following error message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game appeared to install ok and there was no problems with authentication.

Any ideas?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
    This was answered half an hour ago by Steve Cox saying

Mac patch will be once we have the Mac issues fixed.

You have been told it will be sometime today, as far as things go that information is still the same.
    If anything changes we will let you know.

Please do a search in future before doing future patches.

Any movement yet? or are we still being swept under the carpet?

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ONE OF THESE ISSUES – PLEASE READ

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems
    OR
    Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message
    OR
    I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?
    OR
    You are receiving a [-703] error:We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com
    OR
    You are receiving an Error [-821]
    OR
    Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message
    OR
    You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

We have created a small application that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online, successfully activate. Please follow the steps in order and if you do experience problems, please report at which step you encountered the problem and any associated error messages.

Step 1 – Download the file from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the archive to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the FM09Fix.exe file. Note the screen shot below.

Step 4 – Extract the files to a convenient location, pressing Install will place them on the desktop, this is the default behaviour. Two files will be extracted – Launcher.exe and Activator.exe

Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

Step 6 – Enter your license key into the dialog. Remember – to check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

Step 7 – Press OK - then wait 30-60 seconds and you will receive a second message. If you are successful – the message will read: Activation completed successfully. Please try to run the game

If you get this message, open the game and run it.

If the activation fails, the message will read something like: Activation failed with error: -1003. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key is invalid. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM via the www.sigames.com forums and they will do their best to help!

Amateur

1. I have a shop copy of the game and have tried to install using Steam - It installs OK but when I try to launch the game, even offline, it says 'the game is not currently available, try again later'. I tried throughout the day but it still doesn't work.

2. I tried uninstalling Steam, but I still cannot get the game to run - I click on the 'activator' icon but nothing happens. I have tried downloading the 'fix' suggested on here but when I do it says something about a windows script host and the system not being able to find the file specified.

3. I have looked for the .exe file in the game folder but there isn't one.

I have uninstalled it to see if that will work but no joy.

Help!

Amateur

Im doing this: If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com
    and it does not give me a new key or fix my old one no-one on here has actually helped me properly since i bought the game on friday and im starting to wonder if anyone on here cares. first of all i would very much like muzchap to have the decency to reply to my PM i sent him after he told me he would respond to it

Reserves

The form is not meant to give you a new key. It is there to check if you have read the key correctly as the printing on the licence key is not clear enough

Amateur

I double-click the fm-icon and nothing happens (not running through Steam). Tried to start the application again, and still nothing.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
    Evening,

I am getting the following error message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game appeared to install ok and there was no problems with authentication.

Any ideas?
    Have you installed the patch? If not, do that. Also download and install the directx SDK from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. Hopefully this will help.

Semi Pro

Im doing this: If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com
    and it does not give me a new key or fix my old one no-one on here has actually helped me properly since i bought the game on friday and im starting to wonder if anyone on here cares. first of all i would very much like muzchap to have the decency to reply to my PM i sent him after he told me he would respond to it
    I find it Hard to believe that no one has tried to help you as you have clearly posted a reply offering help. I would imagine Muzchap is having a well earned day off having been working on the activiation issues solidly since about 7 pm on Thursday night! He's replied and helped to mine and other people's pm's! When did you send yours?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LFCfan View Post
    The form is not meant to give you a new key. It is there to check if you have read the key correctly as the printing on the licence key is not clear enough
    but i no i have unless my mauel has been printed wrong but i have no way of sending a copy of the back of the manuel. can i not PM you my code and then you could send me what you think it is or send me a new one ive tried every single combination possible with changing 0's o's and 1's and i's

Hi Dan - apologies, your PM got lost in the 'herd' - I've replied to you now.

Amateur

I am running Vista, I have the error codeXML Parsing Error, Please advise how I fix this, or at least advise where to return game for a refund.

Amateur

This may be a silly question, but where do I find the activation code lol

Amateur

I keep getting error -1 with that Method, what does that mean?

Amateur

just a question to ask- i bought football manager on friday morning and i have been trying to play since but its not happening, i thought i was sorted the game installs and i can run the game but when i try to play a match the game just crashes and i have to turn it off. i have not been able to play one match since i have got it. i have downloaded the patch and spent hours and hours trying to get it sorted. please can someone help im really stumped now and getting really fed up with it. cheers guys

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by neilos View Post
    I am running Vista, I have the error codeXML Parsing Error, Please advise how I fix this, or at least advise where to return game for a refund.
    I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:
    Deleting your settings should in most cases:
    - Make sure FM is not running.
    - On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)
    - On Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)
    - On Mac OS X: /Users//Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)
    - Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"

If this doesnt work try a search on the tech support forums! Ive read the fix but cant find it now!

Amateur

hello, my post is number 1514- can someone from SI read it please

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Mac patch will be once we have the Mac issues fixed.

You have been told it will be sometime today, as far as things go that information is still the same.
    If anything changes we will let you know.

appreciate the update please keep them coming

Amateur

I double-click the fm-icon and nothing happens (not running through Steam). Tried to start the application again, and still nothing.

Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

At this step an error message appeared reading...

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

What now?

Quote Originally Posted by AidenMcGeady View Post
    This may be a silly question, but where do I find the activation code lol
    Back of Game Manual

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

What now?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by J lambden View Post
    hello, my post is number 1514- can someone from SI read it please
    I've already replied, see post 1522.

Amateur

Muzchap can you help me please? Post number 1515. Also i sent you a pm please help

Quote Originally Posted by steffanrhyswilliams View Post

What now?
    You need to install the DotNet2 framework - you need this to run the game in the first place. So please download and install from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Amateur

This is really starting to get on my nerves, I buy a game to play. Ive message SEGA, still no reply from them.

Why did you have to ruin this game. I played a few hours of it yesterday and it was brilliant.

And knowing i cant play it atm is really pathetic.

My Laptop is only a few months old aswell so it cant be anything to do with the comp

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions

I have sent you a message regarding the issues i am having, and i have seen a couple of other people having the same issues, that the 'sending activation request' screen just stays on forever. But I CANNOT FIND A RESPONSE!!

I have tried all other reponses that you have advised we try, but nothing works!!

I NEED HELP!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    I keep getting error -1 with that Method, what does that mean?
    I'm getting that message too, can someone please help ??????

Amateur

Muzchap I've sent you a PM mate

Amateur

Since I get no reply:

Amateur

i get a message saying

'cannot run game: failt to set up graphics system.'

Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    You need to install the DotNet2 framework - you need this to run the game in the first place. So please download and install from:

But I ran the game once before the problems started... I'll give this a go anyway. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomo_123 View Post
    Muzchap can you help me please? Post number 1515. Also i sent you a pm please help
    Tomo - no PM you must have sent to somebody else.

Please do PM me this time I can and will help

Quote Originally Posted by GR Choke View Post
    i get a message saying

'cannot run game: failt to set up graphics system.'
    Please post in the Technical Forums

Amateur

ive PM'd you muzchap

Quote Originally Posted by steffanrhyswilliams View Post
    But I ran the game once before the problems started... I'll give this a go anyway. Thanks
    Well - FM09 does require the dotnet framework - so I cant say anything other than please download that

Quote Originally Posted by dj2mmy View Post
    Since I get no reply:

Hi - this has been covered in Every FAQ - please contact Steam and raise a ticket request.

Regards,

Murray

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HuwFlet View Post
    I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:
    Deleting your settings should in most cases:
    - Make sure FM is not running.
    - On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)
    - On Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)
    - On Mac OS X: /Users//Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)
    - Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"

If this doesnt work try a search on the tech support forums! Ive read the fix but cant find it now!
    Sorry to be stupid, I am on Vista, How do I get to C:

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomo_123 View Post
    Hi, can you help me please? Everytime I try to put my activation code it, it keeps rejecting it, and everytime I try to find out my code on http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ it says unable to find key. Is there a way you can sort my code out?

Help would be greatly appreciated
    Tomo - no PM you must have sent to somebody else.

Please do PM me this time I can and will help
    Did you get this one

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyS View Post
    This is really starting to get on my nerves, I buy a game to play. Ive message SEGA, still no reply from them.

Why did you have to ruin this game. I played a few hours of it yesterday and it was brilliant.

And knowing i cant play it atm is really pathetic.

My Laptop is only a few months old aswell so it cant be anything to do with the comp
    Leeroy - did you try the fix mentioned http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

I know you're frustrated but saying 'my computers only a few months old so it can't be that' - doesn't mean it has the correct drivers and framework needed to play. Please be patient and we will resolve your issues.

Amateur

somebody help me

when i put the disk into the drive it is not read and nothing comes up.

previous fm games have worked on this computer so i dont know why this one doesnt.

anybody know?

Amateur

Hi - this has been covered in Every FAQ - please contact Steam and raise a ticket request.

Regards,

Murray
    That's well and good. But I DIDN'T install using Steam Unilock....

Amateur

Howdy!

Getting a "Football Manager 09 is low on memory" message and then the game shuts down, using Vista 32 bits, 4 gb memory (and only like 900 mb ram used when getting the message) always gets it at same date in game, so all help appreciated

Amateur

Markyboy93, i'm havin the exact same problem but can't find any solutions anywhere.

can someone please help me!!!!
    all i want to do is play footy man.

any help will be muched appreciated.
    Last edited by ashie_manutd; 17-11-2008 at 17:43.

Amateur

installed the graphics system link u gave me and i went to run it and it came up in a box

this setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the packer tool to build this executable

error code: S1001

REPLY ASAP

Amateur

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

when i go to download this it says internet explorer cannot open display page, i am downloading this to put on another computer without the internet, do you have to authenticate it again when i put it on the other computer and how does a computer without the internet know when a games been authenticated, this is starting to annoy me, when you pay 30 pound for a game the least you expect is to be able to play it

Amateur

I've downloaded this and am still getting the same error message
    Last edited by SteadyFM; 17-11-2008 at 17:54.

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Farmin View Post
    mine activated last night but now everytime i try to launch a window comes up saying:

Cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system

What does this mean?

I cannot find an uninstall fucntion anywhere either to restart the process, there is a uninstall folder that has no file in.

any help would be appreciated.
    i got the same problem let me no if you get the awnser

Amateur

Should I contact Steam even when I have installed using unilock?

As mentioned nothing happens when I launch the program?

Lurker

Ive tried numerous times today to get fm2009 working using the solutions i have found on here i:e, download dotNet2.0 and the other fix because it was telling me i wasnt online when i was and i'm still getting the fm.exe error message, I have tried installing it on my desk-top and my lap-top but its not having it on either, any suggestion ?????????

Amateur

Will any try and help me!! I have sent posts and pm's!! I am getting nowere..fast!!!

Amateur

My game locks up every time I view the "Information" screen for any club. It doesn't matter what I've been doing previously, the whole game becomes completely unresponsive. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there any solution other than just playing in windowed mode, which is after all only a temporary fix?

Amateur

im goin 2 buy fifa manager 09

WHO'S WAY ME

GET A REFUND

UNS ARE STEALERS

WHEN U WRITE A MESSAGE U DONT REPLY

GOIN TO WRITE A LETTER 2 WATCHDOG ABOUT IT

Amateur

Ok,

so i managed to activate and install first time but now I keep getting the "Array Access Out Of Bounds" error message.

The game then dissapears and i cant get back to it but it is still running in task manager.

I have DL the directx file, the 9.01 patch, running in wondowed mode and updated all drivers on my machine but it still happens. Sometimes i can go through loads of games with nothing then it happens repeateldy after 1 or 2 games.

I have turned all replays, sound and 3d mode off but its still happening. I have searched for other soloutions but cannot find any..

Please help
    Last edited by rEdZ; 17-11-2008 at 17:57.

Amateur

Hey up

i managed to get my game patched by running in safe mode but now when i load up football manager it says

"did not find font resource: fonts/vera" and crashes

any ideas
    Last edited by Scunny Brett; 17-11-2008 at 18:08.

Amateur

The game was working ok and then when i came to submit my team for a match the game cut off and it came up XML parsing error. and it said "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml" and it cut the game off.
    I tried again and it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and installing but it does the same thing can you help.

help pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeee

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macca1010 View Post

help pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeee
    You need to reset your game settings using the --reset_preferences command.

Please see the instructions on the first page of this thread. They are towards the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge Simon View Post
    My game locks up every time I view the "Information" screen for any club. It doesn't matter what I've been doing previously, the whole game becomes completely unresponsive. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there any solution other than just playing in windowed mode, which is after all only a temporary fix?
    Have you installed the 9.1.0 patch?

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by murphy369@aol.com View Post
    i got the same problem let me no if you get the awnser
    Drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckay034 View Post
    installed the graphics system link u gave me and i went to run it and it came up in a box

this setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the packer tool to build this executable

error code: S1001

REPLY ASAP
    Drop me a PM.

Amateur

From 11pm last night, message 1317 - haven't received a reply! I'm presuming it is error 281?!?

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I have changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281" Does that mean I have error 281, if so I'll do all it states on P1, if not can you PM what I have to do now please?

Thanks in advance
    Peter

Amateur

hi

has anybody from sports interactive seen my post number 1514:

Any help PLEASE!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bhoychucky View Post
    When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

when i go to download this it says internet explorer cannot open display page, i am downloading this to put on another computer without the internet, do you have to authenticate it again when i put it on the other computer and how does a computer without the internet know when a games been authenticated, this is starting to annoy me, when you pay 30 pound for a game the least you expect is to be able to play it

i had it in this computer with stea, i uninstalled steam and now when i put in the disk nothing comes up

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by dj2mmy View Post
    Since I get no reply:

Hi.

Press: CTR: + ALT + DEL

This will bring up dialogue box, choose "Start Task Manager"

When in task Manager sort the programs by name and look for "FM.exe"

If it is there highlight this and close it.

Once it has gone from the list try to run the game again.

Amateur

Regards,

Murray
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    Hi.

Press: CTR: + ALT + DEL

This will bring up dialogue box, choose "Start Task Manager"

When in task Manager sort the programs by name and look for "FM.exe"

If it is there highlight this and close it.

Once it has gone from the list try to run the game again.
    Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Amateur

game in 3d crashed before got to play was wondering if this has anything to do with changing tactics from the set, done this on 2 different games, and the game crashes in the same place......geting very confused.....

Amateur

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by scottb84 View Post
    Activated my fm09 game using steam , but it is not installed on my computer when i put the disk in it will not load , dont have a clue what to do ????
    same hear is there eny answers

Amateur

Finally managed to get the game loaded but the "facegen" error comes up and i cant download the patch, when i click on the patch i get a page saying:

Not Found

The requested URL /download/482.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am i doing wrong now?! Thanks!

Amateur

Finally managed to get the game loaded but the "facegen" error comes up and i cant download the patch, when i click on the patch i get a page saying:

Not Found

The requested URL /download/482.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am i doing wrong now?! Thanks!

Amateur

does anybody know a reason as to why my pc doesnt read the disk when i put it in
    previous fm disks have worked and i have seen a few people with the same problem now with no answers.

if anybody knows please tell

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    You need to reset your game settings using the --reset_preferences command.

Please see the instructions on the first page of this thread. They are towards the bottom of the page.
    I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS AS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT IT DOES'NT MAKE SENSE.

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I put my disk in it does nothing, not a single window appears on the screen and my disk drive makes a weird sound! Ive tried lots of things, nothings working!! help help!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mick69 View Post
    someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I put my disk in it does nothing, not a single window appears on the screen and my disk drive makes a weird sound! Ive tried lots of things, nothings working!! help help!!!!
    im having the exact same problem but knowbody seems to be answering with a solution

help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by macca1010 View Post
    I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS AS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT IT DOES'NT MAKE SENSE.
    What operating system are you using? For example, Windows XP or Windows Vista?

How did you install the game? Did you buy a boxed copy or digitally through Steam?

Do you have an FM shortcut on your desktop?

Amateur

go to add/remove programs and add it from there

Banned

Known issue: Mac patch not out.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rEdZ View Post
    Ok,

so i managed to activate and install first time but now I keep getting the "Array Access Out Of Bounds" error message.

The game then dissapears and i cant get back to it but it is still running in task manager.

I have DL the directx file, the 9.01 patch, running in wondowed mode and updated all drivers on my machine but it still happens. Sometimes i can go through loads of games with nothing then it happens repeateldy after 1 or 2 games.

I have turned all replays, sound and 3d mode off but its still happening. I have searched for other soloutions but cannot find any..

Please help
    ok, som now i can still play as the windowed mode is working properly now.. any idea wht i have this issue or if there is a fix? the 3d engine also runs very slowly..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bhoychucky View Post
    go to add/remove programs and add it from there
    still not working it just says that nothing can be found on the disk drive and if you click on the disk drive through my computer it just gets stuck until you take the disk out

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast