Closed Thread
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi, ive installed the game, done my profile,picked my team etc... But then when its time to click continue the game just closes itself :S

Whats going wrong?

Amateur

this is getting beyond a joke now it has to be said. Why couldn't they just do it like FM08 when u just bang the disk in and away you go? I keep getting error 10, and can't activate my keycode its a load of sh*t. People are saying i'm thinking of going to watchdog etc well why the hell not? Your paying for something your not getting

Amateur

too rights what an utter joke Im still getting the facegen message I had to download a program and what a surprise IVE GOT THE LATEST GRPAHICS DRIVERS ALREADY.

Were just being fobbed off with this. Disgraceful.

Amateur

I tend to agree with the Celt. I have tried everything they have asked and am still siting with a useless product.

You wouldn't buy a hi-fi and be expect to sit for three days online, in a chat room and discuss with all and sundry how to get the bloody thing working.

**** poor (that would be piesh poor ya hopeless rude word filter)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matty___h View Post
    Anyone fancy helping us with the 10 error????getting seriously knarcked off now
    Hi.

To all who are getting the -10 error, our protection provider has found a cause for this problem & is working on a fix as we speak. We estimate that we should be able to provide that sometime in the next few hours.

Amateur

Aye well what a surprise no one here to help with enquiries one of the lads on the susie website has been great trying to help me since 8.30 without luck.

Load of utter ********

Amateur

Hey Rees, any more on error -51?

Tried all this but no further ahead.

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
    Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Hi.

To all who are getting the -10 error, our protection provider has found a cause for this problem & is working on a fix as we speak. We estimate that we should be able to provide that sometime in the next few hours.
    do u have an idea how long it will take o fix activation key problems?

Amateur

all updates done on stream..so its ready 2 launch, but ive clicked launch but nothings happening.
    can any1 help plz. been waiting all day 2 play and its problem after problem

Amateur

Hi.

Erm what about this mate?

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’
    Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

Well Ive checked my drivers and Ive got the latest version, so basically theres absolutely nothing I can do to run the game then????

Amateur

YES! Fixed the "no connection" thing!!
    My problem the last 3 days was my firewall... thought I had tuned it of, but after playing with it I found out how to disconnect it correct. I have Comodo firewall if anyone has the same problem...
    Thanks for all your support over the last 3 days!

Lurker

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

When i go to play a match, the window minimises and i get the message 'DirectSound Error: -2004287480' and then football manager just closes itself. I have tried restarting my computer but the same happens over again. Any help please?

Amateur

hi i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.
    first time round it finished installing and came up installation complete but there are errors or something like that. anyway started the game up fine, everything was working until i came to my first match, the game then froze when i clicked submit team. so i tried to restart it but could not, the disc would come up in my disk drive but would not run. eventually i figured out how to uninstall the game then i reinstalled it.
    it came up with installation complete but with errors again, however this time it will not run.
    can some please help with this problem?

Amateur

i am on windows vista aswell and have not installed the patch as i cant for some reason

Amateur

hi, my game freezes and becomes unresponsive when i try and play a match or click on a result to see match info, the demo worked fine on my comp and i didnt have any trouble with it at all, i'm not able to put it in windowed mode for sum reason, and i am currently on the lowest resolution

thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung8 View Post
    do u have an idea how long it will take o fix activation key problems?
    Hi. We're not exactly sure, shouldn't be too long - but I'll let you know when we have a better idea.

Amateur

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I have changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281" Does that mean I have error 281, if so I'll do all it states on P1, if not can you PM what I have to do now please?

Thanks in advance (hitting the sack now)
    Peter

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKeady View Post
    When i go to play a match, the window minimises and i get the message 'DirectSound Error: -2004287480' and then football manager just closes itself. I have tried restarting my computer but the same happens over again. Any help please?
    For now the easy workaround is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen in game. You should look to update your sound card drivers though.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC-OMS View Post
    Erm what about this mate?

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’
    Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

Well Ive checked my drivers and Ive got the latest version, so basically theres absolutely nothing I can do to run the game then????
    Drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roachie View Post
    Hi, ive installed the game, done my profile,picked my team etc... But then when its time to click continue the game just closes itself :S

Whats going wrong?
    Can you try running the game in Windowed mode to see if that helps?

Amateur

are you just ignoring me on purpose.

Directsounderror every time i do a match. Please help.the previous solutions did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by max123455 View Post
    are you just ignoring me on purpose.

Directsounderror every time i do a match. Please help.the previous solutions did not work.
    For now the easy workaround is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen in game. You should look to update your sound card drivers though.

Amateur

the games been working fine since the first night it was out but before it shut off while iw as playing on it and an error thing came up, but i just clicked ok without looking at it so i dont know what it was - stupid i know - and now when i click to go on the game the SoftAnchor activation screen comes up and when i put the code in it says "we were unable to process you unlock request"

urgent help needed please!

i'm sure it was an accident but the last time i posted this it was ignored so please reply to this one!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Drop me a PM.
    PM sent mate.....

Amateur

any ideas for a solution for the problem i am having?

Amateur

I am trying to find out if my computer's graphics card is good enough.

I have typed "dxdiag" into the run function, and gone into the display bit, and it says:

Name: SiS
    Chip Type: Sis 661FX Rev 01
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx Memory: 64MB

Am I doing this right? Is my card good enough to run FM09? And can I release memory by deleting old stuff? Basically can I run FM09 on this PC or do I have to buy a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    I am trying to find out if my computer's graphics card is good enough.

I have typed "dxdiag" into the run function, and gone into the display bit, and it says:

Name: SiS
    Chip Type: Sis 661FX Rev 01
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx Memory: 64MB

Am I doing this right? Is my card good enough to run FM09? And can I release memory by deleting old stuff? Basically can I run FM09 on this PC or do I have to buy a new one?
    This is one of the chipsets that's causing us some problems at the moment. We've been trying to source some in but it's difficult as they are quite dated and not sold anywhere anymore. Once we get some in house (hopefully next week) we can take a closer look at them and see if there's anything we can do.

Amateur

This is one of the chipsets that's causing us some problems at the moment. We've been trying to source some in but it's difficult as they are quite dated and not sold anywhere anymore. Once we get some in house (hopefully next week) we can take a closer look at them and see if there's anything we can do.
    My computer must be nearly 5 years old now, is it worth just buying a new PC or do you think I will be able to play FM09 eventually?
    And what is a chipset?

Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    My computer must be nearly 5 years old now, is it worth just buying a new PC or do you think I will be able to play FM09 eventually?
    And what is a chipset?
    I mean the SiS brand that you have.

I would suggest sitting tight just for now and waiting for us to look into it rather than splashing out on a new computer right away. If that ends up being your only solution then we will say so, but we're hopeful we can get as many people going as possible.

If we do find some solutions, we won't know what performance will be like until we've got it up and running too... but each person is different in terms of what they're happy to accept with performance (i.e. the game may run slowly).

Amateur

The game is running ridiculously slow for me and many other people have said the exact same.

Football manager 08 ran very well but this it sometimes needs about 5 clicks 2 respond. Dragging players into position on the tactics screen it stops and starts. "Glitches"

I have got a very quick Computer as i bought plenty of RAM last year. I have tried many things to Speed the game up but nothing is happening.

I Cannot believe this game has been released with soo many Problems

Amateur

Hi. We're not exactly sure, shouldn't be too long - but I'll let you know when we have a better idea.
    To update on this, we expect to have this done by end of tomorrow afternoon.

Amateur

I mean the SiS brand that you have.

I would suggest sitting tight just for now and waiting for us to look into it rather than splashing out on a new computer right away. If that ends up being your only solution then we will say so, but we're hopeful we can get as many people going as possible.

If we do find some solutions, we won't know what performance will be like until we've got it up and running too... but each person is different in terms of what they're happy to accept with performance (i.e. the game may run slowly).
    Ok, thanks mate. Your help is much appreciated. Do you know when and where you will be letting us know? I.e. shall I just check the news section on the SIgames website? Or will you just let us know on these forums?

Amateur

Regarding having to have it on windows mode to stop it freezing, well i dont like it on windowed mode, are you looking into this? thanks

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshow1 View Post
    My disc wont work in my DVD drive like a few others on the forums so I activated through Steam and Downloaded. The game loads up fine and I set my self up with a career. Everything is fine till I try to look at a teams Information screen and then the game locks up and no longer responds. Anybody else get this?
    Been having the same problem game just freezes and i have to turn the computer off, let me no if you find a solution please and i'll do the same

Quote Originally Posted by ratbag69 View Post
    Regarding having to have it on windows mode to stop it freezing, well i dont like it on windowed mode, are you looking into this? thanks
    Yes - this is a temporary solution while we work out why this happens for certain users.

I have done what was said at the start of this thread with the activate.vbs file and it dosnt recognise my key. Keychecker dosnt even recognise my key. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt11 View Post
    Been having the same problem game just freezes and i have to turn the computer off, let me no if you find a solution please and i'll do the same
    Have you installed the 9.1.0 patch? If not, you should do that as it improves compatibility for this particular issue. You should also make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date.

Amateur

not trying to sound impatient but is there anything you could tell about the problems i am having? it would be much appreciated

Amateur

My mate and I want to play an online game but after following the instructions we both get the same "cannot find server" message. I think it has something to do with the port forwarding but that is a mystery to us both. Please can someone explain to me what I need to do in its most simple terms

Thanks

Even the keychecker site is down! iv tried the `o` from `0` and vice versa but nowt. I bought this game at 10am friday morning, i still cant get it to work ,and iv tired the keychecker site so many times but the same old answer it did not recognise my key.

Amateur

[QUOTE=Neil Dejyothin;2060746]For now the easy workaround is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen in game. You should look to update your sound card drivers though.

that doesnt work so when will a solution be available

Amateur

This may sound like a stupid question, but i bought the game through steam, do i still have to activate it? Because when i go to activate it, it says it's an invalid key. However the game is running.

[QUOTE=max123455;2061300]

that doesnt work so when will a solution be available
    Have you tried re-installing DirectX?

Amateur

[QUOTE=Neil Dejyothin;2061318]

Have you tried re-installing DirectX?
    how do i do that

Amateur

Has anything been discovered regarding the phone activation problem where you get through the activation succesfully then try to play the game and it asks you to activate agian??

[QUOTE=max123455;2061352]

how do i do that
    You can download and install it from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_di...f22aca64b8e67/

Quote Originally Posted by Van Macintosh View Post
    Has anything been discovered regarding the phone activation problem where you get through the activation succesfully then try to play the game and it asks you to activate agian??
    Hi Vac,

I believe the guys at Uniloc are currently working on this issue but don't expect to have it resolved until at some point tomorrow.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime while you're waiting.

Amateur

Thanks for the quick response, whos Vac? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Van Macintosh View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, whos Vac? lol
    Eek! Been a long few days Mr Van.

Amateur

some one talk to me please

Amateur

[QUOTE=Neil Dejyothin;2061391]

You can download and install it from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_di...f22aca64b8e67/
    ok thanks for your help. im just a bit annoyed in nice terms

Amateur

the reason i'm asking is cos if i can't activate through steam will it still update automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by jim stjfc View Post
    some one talk to me please
    I'm not clear as to what your problem actually is? Why can't you download and install the patch?

Amateur

i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.
    first time round it finished installing and came up installation complete but there are errors or something like that. anyway started the game up fine, everything was working until i came to my first match, the game then froze when i clicked submit team. so i tried to restart it but could not, the disc would come up in my disk drive but would not run. eventually i figured out how to uninstall the game then i reinstalled it.
    it came up with installation complete but with errors again, however this time it will not run.

thats my problem, i dont know why i couldnt download the patch

Quote Originally Posted by jim stjfc View Post
    i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.

thats my problem, i dont know why i couldnt download the patch
    Unusual - drop me a PM with your email address please.

Amateur

This may sound like a stupid question, but i bought the game through steam, do i still have to activate it? Because when i go to activate it, it says it's an invalid key. However the game is running.the reason i'm asking is cos if i can't activate through steam will it still update automatically?

And if it has been activated would it say it's invalid?

Amateur

[QUOTE=max123455;2061435][QUOTE=Neil Dejyothin;2061391]

i have downloaded and it and it still doesnt work, when will a solutin be available

Amateur

i still have problem "00e5dbce" the game is crashing . i downloaded and installed net. framework. your game launch was very very poor
    Last edited by DONE; 17-11-2008 at 01:02.

Amateur

im still getting the " no internect connection " bullcrap when i try and enter the activation code... and when i try to enter it via that program that you've set up all i get is an error box.

can't you just switch of this activation code? or put out a batch without it? it seems such a silly thing to have done, when right now people who have a pirate copy will probs be playing it? major letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett
    Ive answered the questions above. the only thing i have noticed is when i try to run the dotnetfx.exe in the directx folder it says "SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE BECAUSE THE VERSION OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH A PREVIOOUS INSTALLED ONE. FOR MORE INFO SEE HTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/SUPPORT/KB/ARTICLES/Q312/5/00.ASP"
    This error just means that you already have .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 installed, so installing the earlier .NET Framework 2.0 (non-SP1) it tells you that your .NET 2.0 is already newer than what you are trying to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett
    When i RC the only tabs that come up are General, Version, Compatability and Summary
    If you can't see a 'Security' tab in the file 'Properties' dialog you must be running Home or Home Premium. Can you try to boot into safe mode and try to patch from there to see if it works? You shouldn't need to, many users are using Home Edition and can patch just fine, but there may be some security setting on your system that causes this access error.
    Last edited by Boah; 17-11-2008 at 01:15.

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM and they will do their best to help!

What it dosnt say is what to do if your problem is Error 1003 and you have tried the keychecker and if that fails then what? becouse that has happend to me.

I have the digital download version from steam and was getting error -51. tried phone but just crashed after entering 3rd auth code. Now tried online and got error -1007?

First Team

Hey guys. My mate (who is having problems with Sega Pass verification e-mail) - has asked me to ask if you could help him. He FINALLY got the game working, but for some reason, he has no FM09 Files. So and DDT files, skins, DB's etc etc. Any idea what happened, or how he gets his folders back? Thanks.

I have just this minute got mine workin, or at least the keycode been accepted through steam though ffs acepted at last mind. Now i actuely know the keycode do you think i should reinstall it without goin through steam? or would that risk messing it up totally? i feel for the people who aint got theres working i bought mine at 10am friday morning! good luck and il try and help as much as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by champbones View Post
    I have the digital download version from steam and was getting error -51. tried phone but just crashed after entering 3rd auth code. Now tried online and got error -1007?
    Put a call into support and they should be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacks07 View Post
    im still getting the " no internect connection " bullcrap when i try and enter the activation code... and when i try to enter it via that program that you've set up all i get is an error box.

can't you just switch of this activation code? or put out a batch without it? it seems such a silly thing to have done, when right now people who have a pirate copy will probs be playing it? major letdown.
    See my post above. Support is the best option for you now.

Amateur

Ok were are monday, I hope the patch for Mac will arrive soon ...

Cheers

Amateur

Hi, regarding the no connection problem, have tried using the activate vbs download and all i get after entering my (checked correct) code is a windows script host error ,
    Error: system cannot find file specified
    Code : 80070002
    Source: (null)
    so er in plain english please, whats next?

ps have installed patch, already done the certificate removal/reboot thing etc. am using uniloc not steam that was a nightmare!!!

just spotted msg 1366, looks like my prob too, if so , who is support and whats the number, fingers crossed its a free one!

thanks
    Last edited by spads; 17-11-2008 at 08:04. Reason: just spotted a message similar to mine

Amateur

I started a game with porto, did pre season friendlies, saved the game. Now when i try to proceed to next match, it freezes and i get FM2009 isnt responding. Any reasons?

Banned

I still have that problem with the game freezing when I click submit team, but now it's also happening when I go to fixtures, and click on one of the past results ... I installed that SDK, but either I don't know how to use, or it's just not working ... I don't have enough pacience to read 14 pages here, and to try to find the answer ...who can help me ? please, I'm playing the manager sincer it was named CM, and I wouldn't really like to quit it now just because of a stupid bug / error.

Lurker

i have a macbook processor 2GHz Intel core 2 duo memory 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    version 10.5.5 on OS X with macintosh HD, everything works fine until i try and start a match with the 3D engine. This then freezes my computer and i cant do anything. How can i stop this/ is there a mac patch coming out. ??

Amateur

Right now problem is pretty strange and I had fixed it and now Ive broken it again!!

I was able to launch the game play fine, I wanted to play in Windowed mode so Id change it to that and it launched fine the second and third time! However time four Id get fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, used a fix I found early on saying -- reset_preferences which was fine and I could then launch and change back to windowed. However this became slightly annoying so I tried the work round were you add - small_screen_windowed (or similar) and now even reset preferences wont change this back! Ive tried reinstalling but its still stuck in windowed and wont launch!

Can anyone advise me if there are hidden files I need to remove or a particular registry key that tells the game how to launch that needs to be manually removed afterwards to resolve this issue so I can play?

My other options are buy a new laptop or take a day off work to completly re-build my exsisting one! (My 500gb external drive makes this slightly easier!!)

Amateur

Please Help-

Everytime I'm playing a matchday and I click on TACTICS to make any changes a error pops-up

A seroius error was encountered
    and the application will close

I havn't managed to get through a single match yet.

BTW, I have the latest patch and have next gen system spec, so nothing wrong with system being able to play game.
    Last edited by tigerfist29; 17-11-2008 at 09:57.

Amateur

im still looking for the explanation and apology, have searched this site but to no avail can someone point me in the right direction?

Amateur

scuse me for my english.

i can't start fm2009.

i install with steam but nothing appens.

i try with uniloc but at the end i read that there are some errors in the installation.
    i see the register and find one error; this error: Operazione personalizzata:com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.Windows GameExplorer
    Stato: ERRORE
    Note aggiuntive:ERRORE - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

if i try to start the game nothing appens.
    if i do a right click with mouse and "do as amministration" (i have vista) open a windows for put the key and i do this. i tell me "wait... autentication".... but nothing appens.

scuse me for english i'm desperate

Amateur

Well I bought the game and tried to play it but got the error "Fm2009 could not run as facegen was unable to initialize". I then downloaded the patch and it said something about the graphics. Well I then tried to download Directx SDR but when I tried to download it on my computer through my USB (as I don't have the internet at home) it wouldn't load onto it as it looked like it was something to do with the Framework 2.0. Now when I try to open the game up nothing happens and I get no warning. I have tried uninstalling the game and patch and reinstalling but the same happens and nothing happens. Please help!!

Amateur

When I load the game it asks for the activation key, if i enter it in block capitals the error message comes up saying that the code is already active. If I get it checked by the key lookup and copy and paste it from there then it says the code has been accepted but when I relaunch the game it asks for the code again and the process is repeated... please help

Are there any updates regarding activation key problems? I'm still getting Error 821 please purchase new code eventhough I have activated the game and played it.

Thanks for the effort

Amateur

Again i get the same as above ive p.m neilo with email adress, and no response!!! Iv asked for help for times this is beyonde a joke am i going to have to come to your office to get noticed as this has been for days and im realy ****ed off now!! Why dont you just do all your loyal fans a favor and turn off the stupid activation thing!! Please reply toour problems!!! Asap!!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    I got the same problem, I can't even finish one month.

The game keeps crashing after I've played a little while.........

Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
    Ok, I have a strange problem.

Installation and activation was perfect. I played the game all weekeng, absolutely loving it, but just after the end of the first season my save game will not continue. IT KEEPS CRASHING

Everytime I try the game crashes and creates a crash dump.

I have not changed anything, the game was runnig perfectly for almost two days continuously!!! but now it will not go for more than a few days(in game) without crashing.

Any chance of some help.

cheers
    Hi again,

I couldn't find a response to this so it thought i'd post it again.

I've started a new game and its running fine but I don't want to get to the end of the first season and have the same problem again, it took me 20 hours to finish the first season. Could it that the save is corrupt or is there a problem when you get to a certain point in the game?

Kev

Amateur

Please help could you post a sega number, or sports interactive or softancor or steam i need real help !!!!!!!!! As i think im being egnord

Amateur

After reading the other posts about the same error that i'm facing (black screen with flickering L in bottom corner), is there any chance that I can be emailed/pm'd once a solution has been found? I recognise that it'll take a while to test the SIS chipset, and find a solution, but if i could be remembered, and informed, it would be great.

Ta

Amateur

I have a problem with Editor.

When I try to open it, I get he message:

Could not open. The side-by-side configuration is not correct.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Lurker

I was playing FM09 at the weekend and thought it was great, but when i went to play it this morning nothing loads! So i uninstalled it and went to reinstall - nothing happens after the autorun screen appears? I have also looked for any files on my pc, but nothing appears! Please reply as soon as possible. I am using windows vista to play game. Thanks

Hello all...

We have an user that have this problem:

He has problems with the installation of the game. He received this error in the installation register:

ERRORE - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application"

Do you know something about this?? Thanks...
    VISIT : http://www.fmlive.it and european football manager league : http://www.footballmanagerleague.com

Amateur

Is any one there?? please answer my questions surley us unfortunate people who cannot even get the game to load deserve some help

Amateur

How's the mac patch work going? Still on for release today?

Amateur

I have downloaded the activator and moved it via memory stick to another computer that I want to play FM on. This computer does not have an internet connection and I am receiving error -10.

Is it possible for this to work without an internet connection?

Amateur

Can anyone help me please? My DVD drive will not read the FM09 DVD. I'm proper gutted and don't know what to do. I've looked for a DVD drive driver update but i can't find one anywhere? I'm really gutted. My DVD drive is: optiarc dvd rw ad-7530A device. And it runs on vista. Can anybody help me please???

Amateur

Hi. I am not the most computer literate so please bear with me!
    I installed the game on Friday evening ( PC box game on my laptop) which took about an hour to install.
    At the end it told me installation was complete but with some errors. (didn't name what the errors were). Anyway the game opened itself to the main menu but before I began a new game I decided to install the patch first.
    I got to install the patch to 99% and then it said I didn't have a relevant digital certificate so I installed the Digital DX thing that was recommended to install.

When I put the disc back in again it didn't load automatically and wasn't there as a shortcut on my desktop either. Tried to find the folder to load it from there but the folder was completely empty. Also tried going to "my computer" then "DVD drive" which clearly showed that FM 2009 was in it and right clicked and pressed "autorun or install disk".

Nothing happened?

Please could somebody help or is it a case of me bringing it back to the shop?

Thanks

Amateur

ONE SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!!!

I had the some problems on Vista. Downloaded game and activated it. Then there was no desktop icon. Went into the DVD drive and click fm2009.exe and nothing happened. I reinserted disk and tried to run and nothing happened.

I searched for FM2009 in search and found nothing. But when I went in "games" section of my PC I found the ICON and it launched.

Hope this helps

Jason

Amateur

cant play 1st match as it freezes have update graphics card have installed dx sdk have patch 1 on, runing out of things to try, have also uninstalled and re-installed, also on vista, graphics card is niv, 8800 gts, 4gs of mem, intel quard proc... Any help please guys, this is getting very silly.... seems to be lots of people very similar problems......

Amateur

Thanks Jason,

I'm nearly sure I tried this but I think it was empty. I can see the icon on my start menu but nothing happens when click on it.
    My friend has the game aswell but hasn't installed it yet.
    Would there be any point in me swapping my game for his and seeing if his loads onto mine and vise versa? (or is there a limit on amount of PC's you load it onto?)

Amateur

I'm suffering from the freezing of the match engine.

I have a good enough machine and have it on commentary only but it really lags when I want to make subs or tactical changes. It also lags coming back from those changes before the match gets up and running again.

It is really hindering my enjoyment of what looks like a belter of a game. Any tips/ hints to help me along?

Does the windows mode really work? Anyone had any joy?

Amateur

I Have the game loaded on to my MAC, but I am gutted that it is really unplayable at all. I can't move the positions of the players in the tactics screen manually and the right click function just messes up the game even more. Once you have right clicked you can't click on anything else, until you move the pointer (which turns in to the shirt you have tried to select) over to the bottom left hand corner (weird!!!!). once you have the arrow back it will drop down the menu's but not let you select anything in them so you can't even quit.

I have read throught loads of these posts. But there doesn't seem to be any real reply to the MAC posts. When is the patch coming out and were can I get it when it does.

Amateur

I have check the install log and everything said successful. On clicking on the short cut i get a "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. we have created a error report bah bah". But no error code

i have followed the .NET framework advise but this has not helped.

This also happened with the demo.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo5 View Post
    Can anyone help me please? My DVD drive will not read the FM09 DVD. I'm proper gutted and don't know what to do. I've looked for a DVD drive driver update but i can't find one anywhere? I'm really gutted. My DVD drive is: optiarc dvd rw ad-7530A device. And it runs on vista. Can anybody help me please???
    Mate, the same happened with me, so i went into Explorer and ran the FM installation file from there. So annoying as it wouldnt recognise the CD in either of my Drives.

Hope this helps

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by paletta29 View Post
    Hi. I am not the most computer literate so please bear with me!
    I installed the game on Friday evening ( PC box game on my laptop) which took about an hour to install.
    At the end it told me installation was complete but with some errors. (didn't name what the errors were). Anyway the game opened itself to the main menu but before I began a new game I decided to install the patch first.
    I got to install the patch to 99% and then it said I didn't have a relevant digital certificate so I installed the Digital DX thing that was recommended to install.

When I put the disc back in again it didn't load automatically and wasn't there as a shortcut on my desktop either. Tried to find the folder to load it from there but the folder was completely empty. Also tried going to "my computer" then "DVD drive" which clearly showed that FM 2009 was in it and right clicked and pressed "autorun or install disk".

Nothing happened?

Please could somebody help or is it a case of me bringing it back to the shop?

Thanks

As with above, i had to go to My computer DVD drive and the right click and Explore and run the installer from there. Sorry i cant help with certificates and the like, but this worked with me, hope it helps

Amateur

Hi, I'm Lorenzo, I'm italian and I apologise for my english.
    I bought the game 2 days ago and I can't install the game yet.
    I have always the -10 error. This is incredible, I bought the game and I can't play.
    I've sent an email to Marc but he didn't write me back.
    I don't know what to do.
    I'm on Vista, I tried to disactivate my firewall, but it is useless.
    I've no anti-virus programme so I can't explain where is the problem.
    50€ for a game and I can't play, simply amazing.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Suss1690 View Post
    Mate, the same happened with me, so i went into Explorer and ran the FM installation file from there. So annoying as it wouldnt recognise the CD in either of my Drives.

Hope this helps
    I wish that worked mate but it still doesn't run the DVD. Thanks anyway bud. Any other ideas?

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast