Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    You don't need to email anyone Liam - I'm not sure what you mean. What error message are you getting when you type in the code?
    Marc was inviting people to e-mail him last night if they weren't sure what their key code's were, and he said he'd decipher them. I've tried that link that confirms the code on more than one occasion, but I still kept getting thrown out on the phone last night. I am also using capital letters.

According to what's been said on here I must be typing the key code in incorrectly, so I'd just like absolute confirmation of what it is.

Amateur

From the opening post in this thread.

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix:
    Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.
    Sorry Miles, but i've tried both the solutions You gave, i've just updated my graphic card (Intel (R) 82852/82855 GM/GME)and the error is still present, and also tried many and many times to get the directX SDK following the link You gave and it doesn't work cause when I try the download, it says ''sorry, cannot show the page'' so I really don't know whatelse i should do. I must tell You that before installing the patch, the game runned in the right way and also with the demo.Hope You can give me an answer or best a solution to this problem.
    thank You

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    You can force the game into Windowed Mode using command line options.

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --small_screen and --windowed command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    • If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/
    HERO!!!!]

Finally i can play.

Cheers guys

Good luck to the rest of you.

Is it not slightly ironic though that the thing stopping it from working is the advanced 2d and 3d graphic system which most people don't even watch.

Cheers neil

Amateur

HELP!!!!

I have a laptop that has no internet connection so I have to do activation by phone. Here's the problem the number it tells me to ring from the rep. of ireland is 1800 550 499. This puts me through to a tollfreephonenumbers.com answering machine which has five options to leave a voicemail message. None of which have anything to do with football manager 2009. For example one of the options is "to leave a message regarding accountin and human resources press..." This is a shambles.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Hi Uninstall the game, selecting 'deactivate' licence and reinstall and reactivate.

You have broken your activation - removing and re-adding will be fine

will work fine.
    I just disinstall e deactivate and reinstall but don't work.

But I found a log in \sports Interactiv\ folder named activation.log :

Found explorer
    Process Opened
    Process Token Opened
    SI Activator: Got -deactivate
    SI Activator: Deactivating license: (removed)
    SI Activator: Deactivating failed with code: -1038

This is the problem I think !! It's not my fault !!!! But FM don't deactivate !!!!

Help me please

Amateur

Gino if thats ur cdkey id change ur post right now

Amateur

HELP!!!!

I have a laptop that has no internet connection so I have to do activation by phone. Here's the problem the number it tells me to ring from the rep. of ireland is 1800 550 499. This puts me through to a tollfreeforwarding.com answering machine which has five options to leave a voicemail message. None of which have anything to do with football manager 2009 and the voice is an american woman which makes me feel that it's a totally wrong number. For example one of the options is "for accounting and human resources press 4...." This is a shambles.

WHAT AM i SUPPOSED TO DO?
    IS THERE ANY OTHER NUMBER I CAN RING

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Amateur

This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

that is all im getting i need a DLL i think. Also there is no shortcut created on my desktop, I havent played the game yet.

Amateur

how do you sort out the graphics if your using a computer that doesnt have internet connection

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshWinsy View Post
    This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

that is all im getting i need a DLL i think. Also there is no shortcut created on my desktop, I havent played the game yet.
    The link for this is on the first page of this thread in the Known Issues section towards the bottom.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by max123455 View Post
    when trying to watch the match it closes and says ' directsounderror -2004287480

i have the reccomended spec, the latest graphic drivers update, the sdk download which took hours. i have got everything but it just crashes.

i have also tried it in windowed mode and in 2d. please help.
    The simple workaround for now is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen or update your sound card drivers.
    this hasnt worked. what should i do

Did you have installation errors when you installed? Please check the installation log (details of how to do this is on the first post in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Liam View Post
    Marc was inviting people to e-mail him last night if they weren't sure what their key code's were, and he said he'd decipher them. I've tried that link that confirms the code on more than one occasion, but I still kept getting thrown out on the phone last night. I am also using capital letters.

According to what's been said on here I must be typing the key code in incorrectly, so I'd just like absolute confirmation of what it is.
    Marc is offline now until 5-ish. Murray is offline til 3-ish. They are the two people who would know how to do this.

There may well be someone at SEGA customer services who knows how to check - go to http://help.sega.com/ where you can raise an individual ticket.

You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rnnlrkn View Post
    HELP!!!!

I have a laptop that has no internet connection so I have to do activation by phone. Here's the problem the number it tells me to ring from the rep. of ireland is 1800 550 499. This puts me through to a tollfreephonenumbers.com answering machine which has five options to leave a voicemail message. None of which have anything to do with football manager 2009. For example one of the options is "to leave a message regarding accountin and human resources press..." This is a shambles.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Ok - that doesn't sound good at all

I know very little about the phone system, so I have no choice but to pass you over to SEGA customer support who will get you up and running if you raise a ticket.

http://help.sega.com/

You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gino76 View Post
    I just disinstall e deactivate and reinstall but don't work.

But I found a log in \sports Interactiv\ folder named activation.log :

Found explorer
    Process Opened
    Process Token Opened
    SI Activator: Got -deactivate
    SI Activator: Deactivating license: (removed)
    SI Activator: Deactivating failed with code: -1038

This is the problem I think !! It's not my fault !!!! But FM don't deactivate !!!!

Help me please
    I removed your license code from the post above, as by posting it, anyone could use it and take your activations!

You will need to go through SEGA customer support for this one too as it's an error that I haven't seen before. Please follow the instructions that I gave to Sir Liam and nnlrkn above.

Amateur

HELP!!!!

I have a laptop that has no internet connection so I have to do activation by phone. Here's the problem the number it tells me to ring from the rep. of ireland is 1800 550 499. This puts me through to a tollfreeforwarding.com answering machine which has five options to leave a voicemail message. None of which have anything to do with football manager 2009 and the voice is an american woman which makes me feel that it's a totally wrong number. For example one of the options is "for accounting and human resources press 4...." This is a shambles.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I really need to speak to someone form sigames at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rnnlrkn View Post
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I really need to speak to someone form sigames at this point.
    Please see above post where I've replied to you.

Reserves

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.
    Ive done the above and also downloaded Intel (R) extreme graphics and still get the same problem. The other problem I have is that the Direck SDK file when I try to run it says this.

This setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use PACKER tool to build this executable.

Amateur

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Download the patch v9.1 for starters.
    Hi, when I run the patch it screws the game. I get a couple of games in to a season and the game crashes and my PC shuts down. totally. It is always at the same point. When a lower league team it's always league cup round 1!!?? I get no error message or anything, just shuts down.

I have uninstalled and not loaded the patch and the game runs fine but with all of the little glitches the patch fixes. I dont want to settle for playing a game with glitches... please help or I am getting a refund.

Amateur

cheers miles i'll try that

Amateur

Thanks for your response Miles. I raised a ticket with Sega yesterday evening, but haven't yet had a response. I've also double checked by key code again on that website, and it seems right to me. I'll try again over the phone soon to see how far I get.

Amateur

I had the graphics system problem and downloaded the patch i was told to download. This helped load the game up and i keep getting past the "kick racism" page and then it just goes black and has a flashing L in the corner. Anyone else having this problem? How do i fix it?

Amateur

I really do feel like my problem is being ignored. If no one knows how to solve it, can you at least say instead of answering problems posted after me?!?! Thanks.

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I've tried repairing the Microsoft Dot.Net framework but it doesn't work. I was playing the game earlier perfectly fine, and have tried re-installing it. I'm also running the latest patch?

Amateur

How do you stop the mouse from flicking?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by max123455 View Post
    this hasnt worked. What should i do
    help me please ive been trying to play for 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Hinnell View Post
    I really do feel like my problem is being ignored. If no one knows how to solve it, can you at least say instead of answering problems posted after me?!?! Thanks.

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I've tried repairing the Microsoft Dot.Net framework but it doesn't work. I was playing the game earlier perfectly fine, and have tried re-installing it. I'm also running the latest patch?
    Can you post this issue in the technical forum please.

Quote Originally Posted by ake1 View Post
    I had the graphics system problem and downloaded the patch i was told to download. This helped load the game up and i keep getting past the "kick racism" page and then it just goes black and has a flashing L in the corner. Anyone else having this problem? How do i fix it?
    Are you using Steam?

If so...

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila

Amateur

Have you tried what I suggested in the post you started yesterday, which I replied to this morning?

If so, something else for you to try is updating your firmware - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3184140
    updated the firmware like you suggested and still doesnt register.

is there anything else i could try?

Quote Originally Posted by Fookesy View Post
    Hi, when I run the patch it screws the game. I get a couple of games in to a season and the game crashes and my PC shuts down. totally. It is always at the same point. When a lower league team it's always league cup round 1!!?? I get no error message or anything, just shuts down.

I have uninstalled and not loaded the patch and the game runs fine but with all of the little glitches the patch fixes. I dont want to settle for playing a game with glitches... please help or I am getting a refund.
    Ok, best thing to do there is get a save game that you've saved the day of the issue or the day before. We can then load it up here and get it looked at in debug.

Post this in the technical issues forum.

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009
    http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

Amateur

REPOST < Think i got missed

Just ran that activate script which worked.

Went to open the game the softanchor online activation came up asking for me key.

Key went in press next and now it says " This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, Please visit : http://sigames.com."

Hi, I keep getting Error 821. I've tried this...

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

... But still no joy. It still tells me I need to purchase a new code.

Can anyone help please?

Reserves

Anyone know what I should do because I get an error when I run the direct x or something file. Please see post above or say something atleast.

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

... But still no joy. It still tells me I need to purchase a new code.

Can anyone help please?

Amateur

Sorry Miles, but i've tried both the solutions You gave, i've just updated my graphic card (Intel (R) 82852/82855 GM/GME)and the error is still present, and also tried many and many times to get the directX SDK following the link You gave and it doesn't work cause when I try the download, it says ''sorry, cannot show the page'' so I really don't know whatelse i should do. I must tell You that before installing the patch, the game runned in the right way and also with the demo.Hope You can give me an answer or best a solution to this problem.
    thank You

Amateur

Marc have you had a chance to look at my E-Mail I sent you this morning mate ????

Amateur

That's quite unusual. It sounds like some files didn't get installed. You could try pressing 'Enter' to confirm, but more likely you need to reinstall the game to make sure the actual graphics for those buttons are present on your machine.
    The first thing I did Neil was to try pressing Enter which didn't work and I've now re-installed for the second time with no success?

Amateur

Default Re: Error message - FM.exe unable to locate component

Quote Originally Posted by Loons View Post
    I've installed FM2009 on to my laptop and when I go to launch it I get the following message :

fm.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I've re-installed it several times but it still doesn't work. I've downloaded the patch but that doesn't help either.

I've loaded it on to my old base unit pc and it works ok, so any ideas why it won't work on my more up to date laptop ?

I've not had response to this. I guess I'll put it another way FM2008 worked on my Laptop FM2009 doesn't. The laptop is well within spec to what's changed !?!?!?!?

Amateur

I was so peeved off last night to say the least.

I spent an hour with the game, settings things up only to get to the first friendly game for it to freeze when selecting the team and going to the match.

I've had a quick look this afternoon to find out the problem and it appears with the resolution at 1680x1050 and 60 hz (optimal setting for the lcd) the game is freezing when going to the match.

I also noticed that when it's at 1680x1050 and 60hz one of the license startup screens is all pixelated, but after that the rest of the text is fine.

The game is working fine at 1680x1050 with 59hz, no idea why this is, even the refresh rate is at 60hz in the nvidia settings.

This is using Vista x64 and the patch.

I've had a quick game and the 3d view does add a new dimension. The match engine also looked much better than the demo version.

Things look very promising.

Amateur

Hi iv tried installing through steam and the uniloc methods. When trying through steam i get the message "this game is currently unavailable, please try again later".Ive tried deleting the clientreistry but nothing happens.The other method seems to install ok until the final part where you try to open the game the message "football manager is already running" appears. Does anybody have any clue how to fix this, as the same thing happend with the 08 game.

Amateur

Hi trying to use the data editor, when i open i get this message;

Unable to load resources!
    Couldnt find data folder!

Runing vista, patch installed,
    sorry if this has been asked, but any ideas?

Amateur

Are you using Steam?

If so...

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila
    I have done this and still egtting the same problem. Get passed the kick racism page and then it just goes black with a flashin L and a circle in the bottom right hand corner. Any other suggestions?

Amateur

hi, i couldn't get the game to work because it said i wasn't connected to the net etc. So i followed the guide on the 1st page and error 10 comes up where do i go from here? can someone please help?

I'm not too clever with the computer either

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by south celt View Post
    hi, i couldn't get the game to work because it said i wasn't connected to the net etc. So i followed the guide on the 1st page and error 10 comes up where do i go from here? can someone please help?

I'm not too clever with the computer either
    SI are just sending you to SEGA who sends you back to the SI forum... Having this problem for 3 days, and no help. Thinking of returning the game tommorow if nothing new..

Lurker

I have tried to download the direct x update of both the mircosoft and softpedia websites several times but when it reaches 64% the internet goes off line and the following message appears "C:\Documents and Settings\New User\Desktop\DXSDK_Aug08.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.", meaning the download is not completed.

Please help.

Amateur

when i get about 7 minutes into a game it freezes for about 3 minutes, anyone know why?

also, when i make a sub, after that, the highlight screen does not automatically come on, anyone know why this is?

any help would be appreciated.

I have the patch

Amateur

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions

Ok, best thing to do there is get a save game that you've saved the day of the issue or the day before. We can then load it up here and get it looked at in debug.

Post this in the technical issues forum.
    Thanks for you quick reply but I don't mean it runins my already started saved games. It does it to the game full stop. If I start a game from scratch with no patches ran I can play season after season but have the usual mouse flick etc etc. When I run the patch it solves all the glithes but causes a problem which means any game I start crash dumps at the same point, a couple of games in.

Because I know the point it crashes I have a save game just before.. will that help? plase also help by explaining how/ where I uploaded to

FYI.. I posted a thread in technical issues 2 days ago with no response.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1987 View Post
    I have tried to download the direct x update of both the mircosoft and softpedia websites several times but when it reaches 64% the internet goes off line and the following message appears "C:\Documents and Settings\New User\Desktop\DXSDK_Aug08.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.", meaning the download is not completed.

Please help.
    Perhaps you could try an alternative place to download, such as:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_di...f22aca64b8e67/

Amateur

Went to open the game the softanchor online activation came up asking for me key.

Key went in press next and now it says " This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, Please visit : http://sigames.com."

Amateur

I installed the game last night and played for about 20 mins before going to bed. Went through a match as well and no problems.

Now though I can't play it all. There are no shortcuts on my desktop or start menu and you can't open the disk through My Computer either.

Help me.

Ta.

Default Re: Error message - FM.exe unable to locate component

Quote Originally Posted by Loons View Post
    I've not had response to this. I guess I'll put it another way FM2008 worked on my Laptop FM2009 doesn't. The laptop is well within spec to what's changed !?!?!?!?
    If you go to the folder on your machine where the "fm.exe" lives, is that dll present there?

Typically this is in either:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

If you bought through Steam:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/

Amateur

When i click on Fm 09 icon it shows me the logos etc. but its freezes at the 'L' speed dial, it flickers like mad !!!
    I have downloaded the microsoft thing, and im currenlty downloading the new patc

Help me pls

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLFC View Post
    Ive done the above and also downloaded Intel (R) extreme graphics and still get the same problem. The other problem I have is that the Direck SDK file when I try to run it says this.

This setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use PACKER tool to build this executable.
    Can you drop me a PM please?

Amateur

the file for direct x is 400 odd MB, but after 106mb my download completed and asked me to open file like it usually does....anyone else had this? 106mb took me 2 half hours! im not happy at all

Quote Originally Posted by ronanos View Post
    I installed the game last night and played for about 20 mins before going to bed. Went through a match as well and no problems.

Now though I can't play it all. There are no shortcuts on my desktop or start menu and you can't open the disk through My Computer either.

Help me.

Ta.
    What operating system are you using?

If you installed through Microsoft Windows Vista, you should be able to find the shortcut in Games Explorer which you can get to by:
    - Select 'Start'
    - In the search box type in "Games Explorer" and select it.
    - The FM exe should be there.

If you installed via Steam you can find it here:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009

Amateur

Can you post this issue in the technical forum please.
    I have done this. Can you assure me someone from SI is going to help with it?

Quote Originally Posted by stereomad View Post
    the file for direct x is 400 odd MB, but after 106mb my download completed and asked me to open file like it usually does....anyone else had this? 106mb took me 2 half hours! im not happy at all
    Drop me a PM with your email address.

Amateur

i have just got my game activated but it says i can't run the game because i have not set up the graphics system. i am not connected to the internet so how would i be able to set up the graphics. is it possible to download and save it on another computer then transfer via memory stick onto the other computer

Amateur

@SI

Do you think there will be a solution for that error 10 thing? or should we hust return the game?
    Don't give me that "go to sega" thing, they are just sending us back here!..

Please reply...

Amateur

any chance in getting help here?

Amateur

Anybody have any ideas?

Amateur

Part-Timer

My error message on the Soft Anchor page says

"This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, please visit sigames.com"

What do I have to do??

Please help

Amateur

for some odd reason the activation claim it was done successfully when I enter the code with "O" and "0". Yet, as a doubleclick the game-icon, it says my testperiod is over anyway. And I have tried re-installing and removing the activation-files mentioned in these posts. Still nothing.

Amateur

When i click on Fm 09 icon it shows me the logos etc. but it freezes at the 'L' speed dial, it just keeps on flashing like mad !!!

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila.....i have done this and the same thing keeps happening.

Has anyone got any other suggestions that will work and allow me to play the game or should i just give up and take the game back cus this is getting very annoying!!

Amateur

Can someone from SI please answer my query that I E-Mailed to Marc's E-Mail address. I bought the game on Frioday and have spent the best part of friday, yesterday and today trying to figure it out and I've really disappointed at the lack of help

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ake1 View Post
    When i click on Fm 09 icon it shows me the logos etc. but it freezes at the 'L' speed dial, it just keeps on flashing like mad !!!

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila.....i have done this and the same thing keeps happening.

Has anyone got any other suggestions that will work and allow me to play the game or should i just give up and take the game back cus this is getting very annoying!!
    Im not using steam

Amateur

I am having trouble with soft anchor, everytime i open the game i need to activate my key again. I have deleted all certifcates, uninstalled the game numerous times and used the activator but still this keeps happening.
    I am playing through steam on windows XP, any help would be appreciated!

Amateur

If you installed via Steam you can find it here:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009
    How do I get to that?

Thanks.

Amateur

I'm not sure if my question will be answered but here goes anyway...

Steam frustrated me, so I quit that and went to the other online activation, which worked alright after a couple of minutes. Then the failed graphics system error came (after I got the patch) so I downloaded some other Windows thing that was suggested. Okey doke. Then loading up FM it always came up with a black screen so I had to scroll loads to reveal the buttons and whatnot.

So I wanted windowed mode, but it's greyed out. Then I do the target thing with the desktop icon like previous versions, but FM crashes. One of the combinations works, and windowed is no longer greyed out. So that's cool. But when I reload FM, it crashes again. (So I have to go back to making it full screen before quitting). That's all good. Now I like to play FM with a few addons. I was told by others (who have got everything working fine) that I could use my FM08 stuff with my FM09. So I followed the same thing.

The thing is, I moved all my FM stuff from my C drive to my D drive (as my D had more space). But the FM08 faces etc wouldn't load. So I reloaded, but nothing. Then I went to preferences and on the first screen (I can't remember what it is) it had something about user data. And there it had a C:/blahblah address, so I went there and changed it to D:/blahblah. Skin reloaded, but still no graphics.

Now the problem... whenever I load FM, it doesn't go past the loading icon in the bottom right corner with all the languages. I've tried it plenty of times but I have Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of it. I can't get onto the main menu at all now. Could some kind soul please shed some light on this? And once that's done, is there a possible way to use all my FM08 stuff on FM09? I'd like to, because it's a great game to play when I have that.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I sounded moany.

Amateur

I am having trouble with soft anchor, everytime i open the game i need to activate my key again. I have deleted all certifcates, uninstalled the game numerous times and used the activator but still this keeps happening.
    I am playing through steam on windows XP, any help would be appreciated!

Amateur

any help on mines, been trying to get this to work for 48hrs now !!!

Amateur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurker

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

I... But still no joy. It still tells me I need to purchase a new code.

Can anyone help please?

I've had this problem to I cant find the certificate for the game in the folders, im on Vista

Lurker

Yes, I also have the problem where I am told that I have successfully registered the game with soft anchor, i click on finish, then i try to load up FM, only for it to come up with the soft anchor registration screen again as if I've never done it!! Little help please?? Really getting on my nerves this.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by THE SHAYMEN View Post
    Yes, I also have the problem where I am told that I have successfully registered the game with soft anchor, i click on finish, then i try to load up FM, only for it to come up with the soft anchor registration screen again as if I've never done it!! Little help please?? Really getting on my nerves this.
    Same problem here.

Amateur

is anyone having the problem that when you try go into match mode you have problems... My computer screen goes black and then the computer displays a message that says something along the lines of... driver reset failed after timeout..... and restarts. I can get the 3D

Amateur

Comeon SI please help i have posted somemany post today over this and no one has the answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SI i feel sorry for the people who are getting for x-mas, it won't work on theres !!!!!!!!!!
    Shame on you SI

Part-Timer

Come on SI, somebody must have an explantaion as to it says

"This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, please visit sigames.com"

All I want to do is play the game I brought 3 days ago!

Amateur

I've just successfully activated mine by phone!

In the end I kept trying with the same key code and eventually it's worked.

Thanks to Marc, Miles, Neil and the rest on here who have helped myself and others. The situations that have arisen are unacceptable, but the fact you guys have spent so many hours doing your best to rectify the situation is very much appreciated, and shows the positive side of Sports Interactive.

Part-Timer

My error message on the Soft Anchor page says

What do I have to do??

Please help

Amateur

Got in & can sove the ERROR -10 For you all.
    In recent months ive been unable to access some sites to pay for goods & holidays (thomas cook) it would not let me pay online (maybe certificate issues ?).
    Also I was having problems with Norton Anti Virus (deleted, some files stayed in hard drive unable to delete apparently ?) when I changed to AVG (both conflicting)
    Ive just received a wireless router for my AOL, ive updated my package with AOL, while installing the wireless router disc, right at the end of installaton it asked if I wanted to download 9.0VR (which I was already on). A message came up asking if I wanted to continue blocking Internet Explorer or something like that, I clicked UNBLOCK.
    I activated my code and Im in.....gonna try & save Luton now.
    Love you all xxxx

Amateur

solve sorry

Amateur

Can someone help me. When i try get into match mode my computer resets itself, but just before it says something along the lines of "driver reset failed after timeout"

i have managed to get the 3d mode working in windowed mode but it doesnt stay like that and resets after a couple of minutes. And when it ia working the pitch is black and there is no crowd etc

Amateur

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by gregdfc View Post
    helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
    Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

Amateur

Once again I've tried to put my kedcode into the activator and I get the same message again ...... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Line : 22
    Char : 1
    Error : The system could not find the file specified
    Code : 80070002
    Source : ( null )

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if the lads at SI can help get me sorted out as after 3 very long and stressful days of trying to access and play the game I've virtually pulled out all my hair which isn't a good thing as I'm starting to look like my dad !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigken1 View Post
    Can someone help me. When i try get into match mode my computer resets itself, but just before it says something along the lines of "driver reset failed after timeout"

i have managed to get the 3d mode working in windowed mode but it doesnt stay like that and resets after a couple of minutes. And when it ia working the pitch is black and there is no crowd etc
    It sounds like you need to update your graphics card drivers if you haven't done so already as well as ensuring you've installed the patch.

Part-Timer

How do we get past this??

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy UK View Post
    Once again I've tried to put my kedcode into the activator and I get the same message again ...... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Line : 22
    Char : 1
    Error : The system could not find the file specified
    Code : 80070002
    Source : ( null )

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if the lads at SI can help get me sorted out as after 3 very long and stressful days of trying to access and play the game I've virtually pulled out all my hair which isn't a good thing as I'm starting to look like my dad !!!!!!!!!
    Sorry for the lack of response - need to wait on the guys over at Uniloc and Murray to come back (after a short rest) as they are the ones with the expertise in this area.

Amateur

They shouldnt need updating my computer is brand new with nvidia geforce. Is it simply just a case of going onto nvidia website and downloading the driver updates??? And are they free???

Part-Timer

Thanks, its good to know that someone will be looking at this problem. I just want to play FM09

Quote Originally Posted by bigken1 View Post
    They shouldnt need updating my computer is brand new with nvidia geforce. Is it simply just a case of going onto nvidia website and downloading the driver updates??? And are they free???
    Yes - and you should always keep your drivers as up to date as possible.

They will be free if there are any available for your card from the NVIDIA website.

Amateur

the game loads fine, but then stops on the 'L' dial ,,, im not good on computers so i will need a step by step guide and the exact links i don't have a clue about graphics cards etc....
    I just really want this game to work SI

Amateur

Neil can you please reply to this, you suggest i try the activate script which i did and now i have this problem.

Amateur

No phone activation option appearing after installation.

I've uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled this game on six occasions. Each time I have selected the uniloc option (using the internet or phone activation). After installation has been successfully completed and the Soft Anchor screen appears there has been only one occasion where the option for both online and phone activation appeared. On the other five occasions there is only the online activation. Any idea why the phone activation option is not appearing? I've checked the install log and under choose delivery method it has Install via uniloc.

On the one occasion I had the phone activation I went through the process and was apparently successful. However, nothing happened and when tried starting FM09 was presented with the Soft Anchor activation screen again. Any ideas of why this is happening?

Part-Timer

OK, I haven't tried in here before so I'll give it a go. I haven't read through the whole 11 pages, so forgive me if I have missed something. I want to solve:

1. The flickering cursor
    2. The black screen I get when I load the game. I have managed to get the game installed via Steam. this involved getting the Microsoft patch, and the SI patch, and updating my videocard driver. However I cannot see the screen when I launch the game. Some parts of the screen will appear if I hold the cursor over them, but not others.

Someone from SI suggested deleting the cache, but I am not sure if that means the whole SI folder in the Application Data folder, or going into that SI folder and only deleting elements. There are other folders within the SI one - FM07, FM08, the 09 Certificate and Installer Launcher. I don't want to wreck things by taking them all out in case some are needed. The certificate, for instance.

3. The CD doesn't play in my DVD drive. I tried uninstalling Steam and installing via the other route, but that was even worse.

What are the answers please?

Amateur

Yes - and you should always keep your drivers as up to date as possible.

They will be free if there are any available for your card from the NVIDIA website.

I DOWNLOADED A PATCH AND REINSTALLED THE GAME AND IT HAS GIVEN ME THE OPYION TO INSTALL USING STEAM. i DIDNT GET THIS OPTION WHEN I INSTALLED IT THE FIRST TIME. IS THIS A RESULT OF DOWNLOADING THE PATCH???

Lurker

can anyone help after trying to load this game for 3 days managed to get it loaded but now it crashes when i load the game up to play any ideas anyone???

Even the keychecker dont recognise my key! error 1003 still.

Amateur

I'm sorry, I don't speak english very well, but I can't play FM2009 !!!!!

My computer meets the requirements, I can install the game and launch it. But when I have to launch a football match the screen freeze, and I have to close the game... I've tried to disable 3D but I have the same problem...

Please Help me !!!!

Amateur

Marc, Neil, Miles

I'm running a pretty up-to-date macbook with a couple of gig of RAM core 2 duo etc. Having turned off all the graphic related elements, 3d engine, player pics etc. I am still having the same trouble, ever time I go to play a game, it freezes, bringing up the spinning wheel of death. I am running FM 09 in windowed mode, as suggested by a few people on here, but no joy.

Any suggestions? or is it a case of waiting for the mac patch tomorrow?

piracy will always excist while computers excist! they aint no stopping it! fact!

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast