Closed Thread
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    Hey when i try to patch fm2009 with any of the released patches i get

"fm2009.exe error0x00000020 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" which is crazy because it does that as soon as i install the game

any help would be nice cheeers
    Can you try to download Unlocker, extract, run and follow instructions from the site on how to run (in essence just right click fm.exe in the installed folder, or the "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Program Files\Sports Interactive", then click "Unlocker"). If the exe is locked it should give you information about this, and you should also be able to unlock it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Can you PM me please with your email address?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I've been dealin with Neil who has so far been very helpful in dealing with some of the error messages,the latest of which was a .dll file i needed to fix the 'failed to set up graphics system' error message. i've got that and the error message is gone.

HOWEVER, when i try to launch the game (via steam), nothing happens yet the fm.exe appears in the 'processes' tab of task manger, but not in the applications section.

any ideas how to overcome this one?

To give you a brief history, i've got the 9.01 patch, i've tried to download a couple of the windows downloads suggested, i've copied across a couple of .dll files across from my demo file to the full version folder.

Thanks very much

Liam

Amateur

would be nice to get an answer cause i know several ppl have had this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    no clue if i overlooked an answer
    my computer still wont see the install dvd. i mounted it from another computers dvd drive and installed it over the network but would be nice if i could actually see the dvd on my own computer. Yes i have a DVD drive and NO i haven't had any problems with other dvd's. Running vista and its a NEC DL dvd burner.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 16-11-2008 at 12:18. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by alex_nacu21 View Post
    k.i know that my english is very bad and u didn't understand me.i couldn't install the game because this problem didn't let me.now u understand???
    I was replying to Richardav, not you Your English is perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by ballan98 View Post
    Murray - I have been told that you are the man that can hopefully solve my problem. I posted a few pages back, but not sure if you have had time to read through all the pages!!!

I have a mac. I have installed the game and I can go into it but when I get to the main menu I get a white screen and nothing else. I have not activated it as I honestly have no idea what I am doing on-line with Steam. I tried to validate the game via the phoneline but it asks for a 16 digit code but the only code that I have is the one on the manual which is more than 16 digits.

Can you please help and advise on what I should do to get round this problem.

Thanks in advance
    Hi Ballan,

Sorry haven't seen your post!

OK - first things first - you are a MAC user - you do not need to Activate - apologies this was not made clear.

I think you have a graphics issue - any chance you could screenshot the window for me...

Murray

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bednar9 View Post
    Yeah I've tested it on that website but all I get is invalid key, I've entered them all in uppercase.

Really not sure what to do now.
    Is there anyone I can send a JPEG of my code to?

I'm going out now anyway, hopefully I have something sorted when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardav View Post
    all the file it says i cant send it because its to has to many characters
    Hmm.. ok try split it up into separate messages, and send part one in one message, part two in another one, and so on.

Amateur

Thank you!! Had noy seen that. Thank you for being there!

Amateur

Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card?
    Neil, I have just downloaded the newest graphics card driver from Acer, my laptop manufacturer

I installed and restarted.

But still the same problem, popup window "football manager 2009 has stopped working",what can I do?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Hi Ballan,

Sorry haven't seen your post!

OK - first things first - you are a MAC user - you do not need to Activate - apologies this was not made clear.

I think you have a graphics issue - any chance you could screenshot the window for me...

Murray
    thanks for getting back to me, if it is the screen shot of the main menu page it is only a white page so you would not be able to see anything, but I can go over the relevant 'new game' options but nothing happens as far as I know as it is only a white screen.

Amateur

hi there,

wonder if you could help me installed fm... thought everything was going well!! i then got a message saying failed to run garphics system!! i then tried to download the DirectX SDK link on the forum but while its downloading it keeps cutting off and saying that i need a PACKER tool? is there any other way i can download this or get it?

also could the rapidshare link help me on page 7?

would be nice to get an answer cause i know several ppl have had this problem
    Have you tried deleting upper and lower filters for the device.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geordieliam83 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I've been dealin with Neil who has so far been very helpful in dealing with some of the error messages,the latest of which was a .dll file i needed to fix the 'failed to set up graphics system' error message. i've got that and the error message is gone.

HOWEVER, when i try to launch the game (via steam), nothing happens yet the fm.exe appears in the 'processes' tab of task manger, but not in the applications section.

any ideas how to overcome this one?

To give you a brief history, i've got the 9.01 patch, i've tried to download a couple of the windows downloads suggested, i've copied across a couple of .dll files across from my demo file to the full version folder.

Thanks very much

Liam
    How long have you left it for? You might want to give it a wee while and see if it kicks into life as it may just be setting itself up.

Quote Originally Posted by ballan98 View Post
    thanks for getting back to me, if it is the screen shot of the main menu page it is only a white page so you would not be able to see anything, but I can go over the relevant 'new game' options but nothing happens as far as I know as it is only a white screen.
    Hi Ballan - PM me - let's chat

Hi guys, I have just tried to use the zip for the fix on the activation where it says I am offline, when I enter this I am now getting the error message -10

Quote Originally Posted by markybhoy View Post
    hi there,

wonder if you could help me installed fm... thought everything was going well!! i then got a message saying failed to run garphics system!! i then tried to download the DirectX SDK link on the forum but while its downloading it keeps cutting off and saying that i need a PACKER tool? is there any other way i can download this or get it?

also could the rapidshare link help me on page 7?
    Send me a PM with your email address.

Amateur

How long have you left it for? You might want to give it a wee while and see if it kicks into life as it may just be setting itself up.
    a while i.e its still running in the processes now, and i've tried it a couple of times.

any ideas or is this a new one?

at least theres no error messages now, it just thinks its running when its not.

Liam

Amateur

If anyone can help with my problem, I will be grateful

After installing and as I'm loading the game I get a message saying

"/c:/documents and settings/simon parker/my docments/sports interactive/football manager 2009/db/fm 09' - reverting to the default location"

if i continue with the loading a xml parsing error appears on the screen. I can't see anymore of the parsing error message because the screen flashes black.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing occurs.

Amateur

Hi,

I have spent hours trying to get this to work!!

I install the game using the uniloc option after experiencing problems with steam.
    The game instals gives the message that its installed with errors but afterwards lets me succesfully enter my validation code. When I hit the game to run it pops up with the box "Football Manager has stopped working". Then wont go any further.

I am running on Vista.

Please help?!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Boah View Post
    Hmm.. ok try split it up into separate messages, and send part one in one message, part two in another one, and so on.
    i sent you it.would you need the rest of the file then?

Amateur

Hi!
    I just tried the new fix, and basically got the same result as with the SoftAnchor activation; tells me that I've activated, but when I try to play SoftAnchor pops up again. Could you please help?

Amateur

Can you try to download Unlocker, extract, run and follow instructions from the site on how to run (in essence just right click fm.exe in the installed folder, or the "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Program Files\Sports Interactive", then click "Unlocker"). If the exe is locked it should give you information about this, and you should also be able to unlock it.
    Tried that

unlocker said "no locking handle found"

tried patch again and still same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1980 View Post
    If anyone can help with my problem, I will be grateful

After installing and as I'm loading the game I get a message saying

"/c:/documents and settings/simon parker/my docments/sports interactive/football manager 2009/db/fm 09' - reverting to the default location"

if i continue with the loading a xml parsing error appears on the screen. I can't see anymore of the parsing error message because the screen flashes black.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing occurs.
    Simon, see my instructions here and give them a go:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64336

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DAN_ROACH View Post
    Hi,

I install the game using the uniloc option after experiencing problems with steam.
    The game instals gives the message that its installed with errors but afterwards lets me succesfully enter my validation code. When I hit the game to run it pops up with the box "Football Manager has stopped working". Then wont go any further.

I am running on Vista.

Please help?!

the same problem with me, please help us!!!

Amateur

rofl thanks u just gave me my first BSOD in vista in about 18 months guess its a XP only fix Vista dont like it that much hehe.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    the same problem with me, please help us!!!
    argh someone help! i put the .dll file i need in the sports interactive folder etc, and i still get the error message saying i need the saAudit file!

Amateur

Send me a PM with your email address.

sent you an email to you own email

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jack-nffc View Post
    argh someone help! i put the .dll file i need in the sports interactive folder etc, and i still get the error message saying i need the saAudit file!
    hi Jack, i had this. that file should be in your demo folder. copy and paste it into your full version folder. incidentally, whilst it fixes that proble, i am still getting nowehere fast!

Liam

Amateur

hi Jack, i had this. that file should be in your demo folder. copy and paste it into your full version folder. incidentally, whilst it fixes that proble, i am still getting nowehere fast!

Liam
    ive done this and it still gives the same message are there any other solutions?

thanks for your help anyways!

Amateur

I'm installed, authenticated, but then I just get the message 'football manager 2009 has stopped working'

I must have installed and uninstalled about 50 times now and always get the same message

any help appreciated

Amateur

Anyone can pay attention to " football manager 2009 has stopped working" problem in Vista?

Amateur

a while i.e its still running in the processes now, and i've tried it a couple of times.

Liam

Amateur

We are here dealing with the issues - I've been working almost 24x7 since Thursday AM.

Do you have an outstanding issue that we have not addressed? If so, can you please detail and it will be rectified today.
    1. My mate who has not got the internet has installed the game but it wont launch. basically he clicks on the shortcut and nothing happens and goes thru the my computer to find the file, clicks on that and nothing happens even after uninstalling and re-installing it many times. (also after I gave him the patch by writing onto a disk)

2. On mine, my screen flickers and jumps all the time. why is this? is this something to do with my graphics? im using my laptop and im not a technical person usually I just put the disk in and away we go

please you can PM with any response

Part-Timer

Liam - Have you tried ending the process tree or rebooting and trying again?

Amateur

hey guys, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes, any ideas team???

Amateur

My problem is that after authentication i run the game and the authentication screen reappears asking to authenticate again. And when i do that my cd-key is already active. I don't have an error message or smth, and i've used all the methods that i have mentioned above.

Liam
    Hi Liam,

Please stop posting the same reply as it's confusing us.

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. My suspicion is the same as yesterday and perhaps that something went wrong when you initially installed the game, so it might be worth re-installing it now to see if that helps.

You could also go back to the first page of the Known Issues thread and give the instructions at the bottom for the XML parsing error a go, just to see if that helps.

Hi,

I am running on Vista.

Please help?!
    You might have a broken disc - can you confirm where you purchased please.

Amateur

any solution for not being able to run the data editor... getting msg saying that its side by side configuration is incorrect???

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Liam - Have you tried ending the process tree or rebooting and trying again?
    numerous times. im just having so many problems getting it going its unreal. firstly i had fm.exe has had to terminate etc etc, then i had to put the two .dll files across from the demo file into the full version folder, and then it sais that the graphics system was unable to start or something, and then neil kindly showed me where to find another .dll file to fix that but as i say, theres noting happening when i launch now!

cheers

Liam

Amateur

i really cannot get this game to work, the saAudit file is in my folder but the game still doesnt work, stuff this im going on the xbox haha

unless anyone has anymore suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    hey guys, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes, any ideas team???
    Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode? This should help with that problem.

Amateur

You might have a broken disc - can you confirm where you purchased please.

Blockbuster.

My brother ordered his from Play.com, he got the error in installation but then his game still worked anyway.

Part-Timer

Stereomad - Have you tried opening your steam browser - Settings - In-game tab - then de-select "enable steam community in game"?

Amateur

ill give it a try neil then get back to you, cheers

Amateur

Hi Liam,

Please stop posting the same reply as it's confusing us.

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. My suspicion is the same as yesterday and perhaps that something went wrong when you initially installed the game, so it might be worth re-installing it now to see if that helps.

You could also go back to the first page of the Known Issues thread and give the instructions at the bottom for the XML parsing error a go, just to see if that helps.
    ok, will gie that a go.

apologies for posting same reply - hold my hands up to just pure frustration i guess and not wanting to get lost in amongst other posts. as i say though, sorry for that.

will try a complete reinstall.

would you advise going the steam route or not?

Liam

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Stereomad - Have you tried opening your steam browser - Settings - In-game tab - then de-select "enable steam community in game"?
    and this is for problem 1 where it wont launch? i havent tried that but will give it a go when i pop round my mates

Quote Originally Posted by Richardav View Post
    i sent you it.would you need the rest of the file then?
    The error is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Install Log
    Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application
    Which means it failed to create some tasks for FM09 in Games Explorer; the game may not have been added successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by dxdiag
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)
    Since you're on Vista Home Premium, you should have Game Explorer, so something else is going wrong here - I'm not sure what.

However, this is a non-fatal error, running the game should still work fine, but on Vista there is no Start Menu entry for Football Manager 2009, and since it may have failed to add the game to Games Explorer or it may not be possible to launch from Games Explorer due to the above error, you might have to run it using Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ and run "fm.exe" from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    Tried that

unlocker said "no locking handle found"

tried patch again and still same problem.
    Can you post a screenshot of the exact error? Also, please message me your dxdiag (How to do this can be found here, section #2 under "How To Guides").

Amateur

hey neil, just wondered how exactly i change the screen to windowed mode, i thought it was in preferences but really cant see it???

Amateur

The error is this:

Which means it failed to create some tasks for FM09 in Games Explorer; the game may not have been added successfully.

Since you're on Vista Home Premium, you should have Game Explorer, so something else is going wrong here - I'm not sure what.

However, this is a non-fatal error, running the game should still work fine, but on Vista there is no Start Menu entry for Football Manager 2009, and since it may have failed to add the game to Games Explorer or it may not be possible to launch from Games Explorer due to the above error, you might have to run it using Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ and run "fm.exe" from there.

can i play the game with no errors coming up?

Amateur

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

can someone help me

i installed football manager 09 and i clicked on it and it came up

"YOU CANNOT RUN GAME U FAILED TO SET UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM"

wat does it mean

RELY ASAP

Amateur

Can you post a screenshot of the exact error? Also, please message me your dxdiag (How to do this can be found here, section #2 under "How To Guides").

pm sent with info

Amateur

Neil, just found the windowed option in preferences but i cant click on it, any ideas???

Amateur

Blockbuster.

My brother ordered his from Play.com, he got the error in installation but then his game still worked anyway.

Is my game broken then. Where would you recommend i can get a "good" one from?

Amateur

PLEASE CAN YU HELP ME

I INSTALLED THE GAME ON FRIDAY AND IM STILL WAITING:
    THIS IS WHAT I DONE

I installed football manager 09 and i clicked on it and it came up

"YOU CANNOT RUN GAME U FAILED TO SET UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM"

wat does it mean

RELY ASAP

Amateur

hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???

Amateur

Hello to anyone at sega, SI or anyone who can help.

My hames installed fine, all the patches are in place, it opens quickly, runs smoothly and then as soon as i get to a match, when i click continue or proceed to match, the arrow changes to a football and thats the end of it. Nothing, even left it for 1 hour.

This seems to have been a bit of a common problem so hopefully theres a solution

Cheers

Amateur

Is my game broken then. Where would you recommend i can get a "good" one from?
    disc borken? Is this the final anwer then? The same problem with me.
    I bought it on 14 at game shop, broken disc?

Have just tried to call the following: Number doesn't seem to work.

Fix: The error 10 is related to not being able see the server correctly; this could be due to a firewall blockage or ‘proxy’ issue. We are investigating further, but do have a workaround – please can you call one of the Customer Services numbers below and an Operator will talk you through activation:

UK* - 0871 010 8002

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    Marc when I follow your link to rapidshare there is nothing there to donwload

Amateur

hello, tried a complete reinstall and get the following error message:

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\
    Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

any idea?

Liam

Amateur

I've had horrendous issues getting FM to install on XP 64-bit... basically it doesn't work as install anywhere is bugged (not FM!)... this is the 'cannot create GUI error' or similar... am not sure if the same issues exist under Vista 64-bit but knowing vista they probably do...

however, I have a solution, which may work for most people having probs installing the game...

If you have another computer (or dual-boot) with a 32-bit version of windows on it then install the game on that but do not launch the game or activate it... (you'll need to do an advanced install and install it in a specific folder)... then copy the whole of the installation folder over to your 64-bit system and then launch and activate the game. It works fine for me, and is the same approach I had to use to get FM2008 installed... You can then update the game and so on...

I actually installed using a 32-bit XP install running under VMWare on my Linux box... then did the copying thing but also works for regular 32-bit install...

hope this helps someone...

Amateur

any other ideas for vista Muzchap cause this 1 gave me a nice blue screen of DEATH! thankgod for last known good configuration

Amateur

i get this when i start up the game.could not use database location /c/user/name/documents/sports interative/football manager 09 reverting to the default location. is this normal any help please(but the game loads up anyway)

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

[QUOTE=Marc Duffy;2043232]Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.[/QU

I have now activated this game by phone and still nothing, I have been playing champ/football manager now for years and never had any problems. Why has there been so much hasssle with this game, why the need to get it authourised. If soloution not sorted out soon this game is going back, I am sure you have had thousands returned already after reading comments online.

All I get when I open football manager 2009 is a picture of a football orniment, really starting to get annoyed now.

Amateur

Everytime I load up steam this message appears:

I have reinstalled steam countless times and still can't get the program running. Help please I hope to play Fm today !

Amateur

Also, you may want to try updating your Java virtual machine by going to http://java.com/en/... this fixes alot of the other issues on launch...

Amateur

I have just downloaded the activator mentioned in this thread and typed in my key code and it came up with the screen saying "Activation completed successfully. Please try to run the game." But where can i run the game from? There is no sign of football manager 09 on my laptop. The furthest i got through the installation was downloading steam but it kept saying the "Steam server is unavailable" message which is why i run the activator download.

Any ideas?

Amateur

I have error [-51] and cannot apply the listed fix as;

• There is no program data directory (though there is a program files directory)
    • Three is no directory named “Football Manager 2009 Certificate” either
    • I have no “Documents & Settings” directory also

The install Log shows “Install – successful with errors”; there was 1 warning “value InstallPath doesn’t exist” and a non-fatal error “ No uninstaller existed in the directory”

I’m running Vista on an 18 month old PC. I must confess that I’ve never known anything like this.

Can you help?

Amateur

why is my game stalling
    i start the game and play one game then it just freezes when i click continue
    and woundering wat the problem can be as getting annoyed as never had this problem with any of the other FM games and this one is only 2 days old and the problems keeps coming

Quote Originally Posted by espax250
    I've had horrendous issues getting FM to install on XP 64-bit... basically it doesn't work as install anywhere is bugged (not FM!)... this is the 'cannot create GUI error' or similar... am not sure if the same issues exist under Vista 64-bit but knowing vista they probably do...
    This is a known issue and covered in Known Issues Thread under Installer Issues, although it is talking about the demo you should be able to do the same for the disk by right clicking setup.exe on the root of the disk and follow the same instructions - or failing that, on the disk navigate into Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\ and apply the compatibility mode to setup.exe in there.

Amateur

I've now managed to successfully install and activate the game, i have installed the patch and the direct x. I can open the game but it keeps freezing after i have selected my countries, database size etc... i then confirm it all and when the screen comes up with the loading bar at the top it freezes with the loading bar at about 25%.

Please help.

rofl thanks u just gave me my first BSOD in vista in about 18 months guess its a XP only fix Vista dont like it that much hehe.
    Vista users may try this:

1. Remove your DVD
    2. Start -> Configuration -> Hardware & Sounds -> Autoplay options
    -> Check the checkbox on the top
    -> Choose with "Software & Games" for the option: "Open folder and show files with Windows Explore"
    3. Save
    4. Insert your game
    5. Run setup (could take a while before it starts).

Amateur

Why release a game when it clearly isnt ready, it would've made more sence to release it in december with a few more weeks work being done on it. Obviously they knew this hence the patch being made available on day of release, so they obv knew it wouldnt be ready and tried to back themselves up with a ****** patch that i cant even download. this is the last fm i will ever buy FACT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_bill View Post
    I've now managed to successfully install and activate the game, i have installed the patch and the direct x. I can open the game but it keeps freezing after i have selected my countries, database size etc... i then confirm it all and when the screen comes up with the loading bar at the top it freezes with the loading bar at about 25%.

Please help.
    Can you try running the game in windowed mode, and see if it still happens?

If that doesn't work, please start a thread on the technical support problems detailing your problems, and giving more information about your computers system set up, operating system, and graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by domlyon View Post
    why is my game stalling
    i start the game and play one game then it just freezes when i click continue
    and woundering wat the problem can be as getting annoyed as never had this problem with any of the other FM games and this one is only 2 days old and the problems keeps coming
    (apologies for repeating the same answer that I gave someone just above...)

Can you try running the game in windowed mode, and see if it still happens?

If that doesn't work, please start a thread on the technical support problems detailing your problems, and giving more information about your computers system set up, operating system, and graphics card.

Amateur

Miles, can you please take a look at my issue?
    "Hi!
    I just tried the new fix, and basically got the same result as with the SoftAnchor activation; tells me that I've activated, but when I try to play SoftAnchor pops up again. Could you please help?"

Quote Originally Posted by stoneblue View Post
    I have error [-51] and cannot apply the listed fix as;

• There is no program data directory (though there is a program files directory)
    • Three is no directory named “Football Manager 2009 Certificate” either
    • I have no “Documents & Settings” directory also

The install Log shows “Install – successful with errors”; there was 1 warning “value InstallPath doesn’t exist” and a non-fatal error “ No uninstaller existed in the directory”

I’m running Vista on an 18 month old PC. I must confess that I’ve never known anything like this.

Can you help?
    A strange question, but can you please let me know where you purchased the game from?

Amateur

In my game the English reserve teams do not play in any league/group..

Ive tried to use the original Db and the newest patch also, still the same..also tried uninstalling..

help please!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post

1. Remove your DVD
    -> Choose with "Software & Games" for the option: "Open folder and show files with Windows Explore"
    3. Save
    4. Insert your game
    Miles can you please help me? I put my key code in on the website and its correct, I then try the online activation it says unable to connect to internet, so I then try phone activation but when I get to the third set of 16 digit numbers it says that my key code in invalid, can you tell me what I'm meant to do please?

Amateur

I get the "Activation completed successfully. Please try to run the game." message. Still, when I try to run the game through steam it says my trial is expired and it tells me to enter my key. And this goes on and on and on.... Already tried reinstalling and deleting certificates too many times.

Can anyone please look into this? Seems like we're only a few having this problem.

Thanks.

Amateur

any updates on how to deal with error -10 yet because i don't want to waste even more money by ringing up more number, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by johno1 View Post
    I have just downloaded the activator mentioned in this thread and typed in my key code and it came up with the screen saying "Activation completed successfully. Please try to run the game." But where can i run the game from? There is no sign of football manager 09 on my laptop. The furthest i got through the installation was downloading steam but it kept saying the "Steam server is unavailable" message which is why i run the activator download.

Any ideas?
    Which operating system are you on? Have you actually installed the game?

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

WOW shocked Miles! It actually works no logic to why its working but it works. Might wanna add it to the solutions at the top of this thread!
    and once u get it started it is a great game! thanks a milion Miles!

1. Remove your DVD
    3. Save
    4. Insert your game

Amateur

Is there a faulty batch of games or something. Why do you keep asking where we bought the game from and then not tell us why. If you suspect my disc is broken can someone please let me know.

Amateur

A strange question, but can you please let me know where you purchased the game from?
    Sorry omitted from original post. Purchased at Gamestation (in Stafford)

Amateur

error -10 anyone??

Amateur

hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???

Amateur

Miles, can you please respond to my question?

cheers Matt

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\
    Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

any idea?
    Hmm.. this indicates that InstallAnywhere fails to install FM09 properly because the install package is corrupt. Basically it failed to install all the files needed, and this is probably the reason you are experiencing the problem you are.

Is the disk undamaged?

Can you try:
    • Uninstall the game and make sure there is no "Football Manager 2009" folder inside "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\".
    • Create a new empty folder on your desktop (right click the desktop, choose "new" then "folder" and give it a name).
    • Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the FM2009 disk (for example D:\)
    • Go to the "Edit" menu and click "Select all" (or use Ctrl+A) to select all files.
    • Go to the "Edit" menu and click "Copy" (or use Ctrl+C) to copy files to clipboard.
    • Go to your desktop and double click the folder you created to open it.
    • Go to the "Edit" menu and click Paste" (or use Ctrl+V) to copy files from the disk into this folder.
    • Once completed, double click setup.exe in the folder you created to run the installer from your local disk.
    • Go through the full installation process until completed. Exit the installer.
    • Check the installer log for any errors.
    • Try to run the game.

If you still get the same installer error, or the files failed to copy from the disk to the hard drive, my guess is the disk itself is damaged or for some other reason cannot be read properly.
    Last edited by Boah; 16-11-2008 at 13:42.

Amateur

Which operating system are you on? Have you actually installed the game?
    Windows XP

The furthest i got through the intallation was to download steam where it then told me to enter my product code. I have been stuck at htis point ever since.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by quininho09 View Post
    Why release a game when it clearly isnt ready, it would've made more sence to release it in december with a few more weeks work being done on it. Obviously they knew this hence the patch being made available on day of release, so they obv knew it wouldnt be ready and tried to back themselves up with a ****** patch that i cant even download. this is the last fm i will ever buy FACT!!!!!!
    exactly. thats not a dig at the tech guys on here who are doing the best. I said the exact same thing to my mate and his reply was "the big cheeses dont seem to care, they just think that they can resolve any problems by releasing updates or patches after the release, but what about those people who are not connected to the internet" and this is the case with my other mate.

he' connected on dial up, Direct X is currently taking me 10 hours to download via my wireless broadband therefore dial up would be incredible. I think a refund for those people who not go a miss

Quote Originally Posted by makle View Post
    Miles, can you please take a look at my issue?
    "Hi!
    I just tried the new fix, and basically got the same result as with the SoftAnchor activation; tells me that I've activated, but when I try to play SoftAnchor pops up again. Could you please help?"

If you have followed the guide in the first thread and you are still having problems, SEGA have got their customer support division open where the people who are still having issues can get one on one heln

If you go to http://help.sega.com/ you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help guide you thorugh your problems.

You can login using your SI forum login and password to access that site.

Good luck getting it up and running - I'm sorry you are having so much frustration with this. We have well over 99% of people up and running now, so by you going through support and them getting you working, you'll be helping us get to 100%!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mani18 View Post
    Everytime I load up steam this message appears:

I have reinstalled steam countless times and still can't get the program running. Help please I hope to play Fm today !
    I have had the exact same problem i've given up trying and i'm now try to do it through Uniloc, this is getting annoying now!!

Quote Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Miles can you please help me? I put my key code in on the website and its correct, I then try the online activation it says unable to connect to internet, so I then try phone activation but when I get to the third set of 16 digit numbers it says that my key code in invalid, can you tell me what I'm meant to do please?
    Please enter the key in UPPERCASE when activating via Phone

Amateur

Seeing as no one has helped my request a few pages back, I'm guessing it was either not seen or ignored. I'll post it again incase it was missed:

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I've tried repairing the Microsoft Dot.Net framework but it doesn't work. I was playing the game earlier perfectly fine, and have tried re-installing it. I'm also running the latest patch?

Quote Originally Posted by johno1 View Post
    Windows XP

The furthest i got through the intallation was to download steam where it then told me to enter my product code. I have been stuck at htis point ever since.
    OK - I'm a bit confused here.

STEAM is on the disc, so I don't see why you would have to download it.

Is the DVD in your DVD drive, and can you see it there when you go to "my computer"?

Amateur

Miles can you please help me? this is the 3rd time I have asked

Matt

Is there a faulty batch of games or something. Why do you keep asking where we bought the game from and then not tell us why. If you suspect my disc is broken can someone please let me know.
    Hi Dan,

We are trying to 'establish' if this is the case - we're not deliberately hiding this from you - as we are mentioning on a public forum. What we don't want to do - is force people to return a game where it is not necessary to do so.

Please be patient - you will get a resolution.

Regards,

Murray

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast