Closed Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 800 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

  1. #701
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th January 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hey marc,

    is there any chance you can tell us whats going on with the phone activation cos its quite annoying. Does the fix work for non-internet pc`s?

  2. #702
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,763

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ


  3. #703

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I'm getting really fed up with this whole game. Can't get it working anymore andd I don't know if I should contact the consumer ombudsman since nothing is happening.

  4. #704
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th January 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    cheers for that marc but what happens when ive been told my key is authenticated when i do it in upper case and when i start the game it still goes back to the soft anchor screen asking me to authenticate again?

    Very much appreciate your response and i appreciate you guys are working hard

  5. #705
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    @Regarding my last post (xml parsing error not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml when) when i try to start the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    What is the name of your last save game?
    Last game I saved was called " 'boro ", but I've reinstalled it like three times so I dont think it should be any saved games at all.

  6. #706
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,763

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by matskulainen View Post
    I'm getting really fed up with this whole game. Can't get it working anymore andd I don't know if I should contact the consumer ombudsman since nothing is happening.
    Well, I'm here trying to help as have a number of other SI/SEGA employees.

  7. #707
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi Guys,

    I managed to install on my laptop last night, but i still cannot install on my pc. Does anyone know where to find the certificates folder on Vista. I don't have a folder in c: called program data?

  8. #708
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,763

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_bill View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I managed to install on my laptop last night, but i still cannot install on my pc. Does anyone know where to find the certificates folder on Vista. I don't have a folder in c: called program data?
    You using Steam?

  9. #709
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi guys,

    Managed to finally install it, starts up fine, then closes itself before I can start a game saying - 'Facegen failed to initialise, see logbook for details' - how does sort this out? Thanks.

  10. #710
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    good morning marc, are we ready for a long day pal.

  11. #711
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,763

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bodell View Post
    Hi guys,

    Managed to finally install it, starts up fine, then closes itself before I can start a game saying - 'Facegen failed to initialise, see logbook for details' - how does sort this out? Thanks.
    You need the patch for starters and also make sure your graphics driver is up to date.

  12. #712

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc, could you give me the instructions for the complete uninstallation of FM09 so that I then can reinstall it and that should surely make it work since there wouldn't be any old files left anymore after uninstalling?

  13. #713
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,763

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    good morning marc, are we ready for a long day pal.
    I'm off to football in a bit but there will be people here all day.

  14. #714
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Is there any solution of the error: "football manager 2009 has stopped working".

    Say the issue again:
    the window pop up and you can only close, without giving any cause
    9.1.0 patch installed
    DXSDK installed
    uninstall and reinstall several times

    all those don't solve the issue.

    Help,help,help

  15. #715
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    When i open steam it tries to update and then i get an error message saying 'steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll'
    but i installed steam for the 1st time ever yesterday from the fm09 cd.

  16. #716
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    please answer honestly marc, if i get a different copy pf the game ie from hmv is 2 months time, will it work stright out the boxs.

  17. #717
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi,

    excuse me for the bad english

    I'd buy the game two day ago, 14 Nov in the early morning. I try to install it in my office, on a old pc. Fm don't start, but I try ti disinstall e reinstall it another 2/3 times beacuse I update the vga driver and directx.

    When I came back home, I immediately try install it. I receveid the "Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system". I see here that I must download sdk to fix the problem. Then I disinstall e reinstall game, I install SDK and I reinstall game, but now I receveid this message :

    "Errore : [-1004] - Unlock the code exceeds the limit of peripherals"


  18. #718
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc i've sent you an email! (error -10)

  19. #719
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    please answer honestly marc, if i get a different copy of the game ie from hmv is 2 months time, will it work stright out the box

  20. #720
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th September 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    please answer honestly marc, if i get a different copy of the game ie from hmv is 2 months time, will it work stright out the box
    I still can't get the patch to install. I have downloaded it and it has come as a torrent file, which my pc doesn't know how to open

  21. #721
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy UK View Post
    I have been trying to play the game now for 3 straight days and still no joy so I look around these forumd for dome help and maybe a solution. I read with intrest your help page on page 1 as I too have been having problems with Internet connections. So I followed yopur step by step guide on page 1 on this topic but yet when I put my code into the activate box I get the following error :

    Line : 22
    Char : 1
    Error : The system could not find the file specified
    Code : 80070002
    Source : ( null )


    I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if the lads at SI can help get me sorted out as after 3 very long and stressful days of trying to access and play the game I've virtually pulled out all my hair which isn't a good thing as I'm starting to look like my dad !!!!!!!!!
    Mate, i have got exactly the same code coming up

  22. #722

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Could someone make a sticky with all the possible solutions to solve xml parsing error with loading last save game????!!!!!

  23. #723
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    why does no one care.....or even worse not answer

  24. #724
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Lay off them a bit.
    I would be very surprised if it was Marc that wrote the game and didn't solve all the errors before it was sent out, so fair play to him for sitting and answering all questions as best as he can

  25. #725
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hope this helps but for those who cant find the certificate folder it may b in the c:\ProgramData\sports interactive. i deleted the certificate folder then the game activated straight away.
    thanks for all your help.

  26. #726
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I can't find the program data folder!!

  27. #727
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I've tried doing my activation key on that website and everyone I've tried just keeps saying invalid key, I must've tried about 20+ combo's. I've took a picture on my phone the best way I can and can email it somebody if need be?

    Can't help but thinking that this will cost SI more in the long run than whatever piracy would've.

  28. #728
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    what do i do

    sorry monkey, i am no further since i put the disc in my machine

  29. #729
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Can somebody help me please. My activation key is the right one, but when i try and do it online it says unable to connect to internet and when I do it on the phone it says when i get to the third set of activation keys that my activation code is wrong but it isnt because I have checked on the site. What do I do?

  30. #730
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi Blades 75,

    I got exactly the same message but also got that on FM08 and that worked fine. Im playing FM09 and its working (albeit as slow as the fattest snail in the garden who wasnt particularly known for his speed when he was thin anyways and now he's fat, its even worse)

    But i know 2 mates who have this error.....they've installed the game and everything is fine but when trying to launch it, nothing happens, either thru the shortcut or going thru my computer.

    as im at work and cant really go through all the posts, has there been any solution to this? is this something the patch corrects?

  31. #731
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th September 2008
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    anyone knows what to do with the black loading screen?

  32. #732
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    In my game the English reserve teams do not play in any league/group..

    is this an known issue? I know others having the same prob..

    Ive tried to use the original Db and the newest patch also, still the same..also tried uninstalling..

    please help!

  33. #733
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hey when i try to patch fm2009 with any of the released patches i get

    "fm2009.exe error0x00000020 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" which is crazy because it does that as soon as i install the game

    any help would be nice cheeers

  34. #734
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    please answer honestly marc, if i get a different copy pf the game ie from hmv is 2 months time, will it work stright out the boxs.
    Quote Originally Posted by stereomad View Post
    Hi Blades 75,

    I got exactly the same message but also got that on FM08 and that worked fine. Im playing FM09 and its working (albeit as slow as the fattest snail in the garden who wasnt particularly known for his speed when he was thin anyways and now he's fat, its even worse)

    But i know 2 mates who have this error.....they've installed the game and everything is fine but when trying to launch it, nothing happens, either thru the shortcut or going thru my computer.

    as im at work and cant really go through all the posts, has there been any solution to this? is this something the patch corrects?

    nothing has been sorted, i think most tech guy are not working to day. To be honest these problems with not be sorted this week, this is long term.

  35. #735
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    Hey when i try to patch fm2009 with any of the released patches i get

    "fm2009.exe error0x00000020 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" which is crazy because it does that as soon as i install the game

    any help would be nice cheeers

    same for everyone been like this for 24hours

  36. #736
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th May 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I'm getting the same problem, however, I've not had the chance to play the game at all as yet due to this problem. I'm really struggling to not go mad here, any help would be appreciated and potentially rewarded with an array of sexual favours.

    EDIT - My quote didn't even work (nothing is going right these last two days...), so to clarify, my problem is that despite installing and activating via STEAM, when I come to launch I get the message that the game is "currently unavailable" and to "try again later".
    Last edited by Topper; 16-11-2008 at 10:15.

  37. #737
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    nothing has been sorted, i think most tech guy are not working to day. To be honest these problems with not be sorted this week, this is long term.

    to be honest, I know its not tech guys faults, but whoever decide to release this game with so many issues should ensure there are people on hand 24/7 to deal with the reprucussions.

    one of my mates text me last night and said "f*ck this im going buy Championship Manager"

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

  38. #738
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th September 2001
    Location
    Harlow / Birmingham University
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I am having problems activating Football Manager 2009 which I purchased through steam and am trying to run on Widows Vista.

    When I try the standard Online activation after entering my code the game will keep trying to activate seemingly forever. After this had been running for over 9 hours i tried using "activate.vbs" however after I enter my code the dialog box disapears and is not shown again.

    Please can you help me

  39. #739
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    same for everyone been like this for 24hours


    so has nobody managed to patch the game then?

  40. #740
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th September 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    and no one seems to want to help, I have asked the same question 3 times in the last 24 hours, and not had a single response.

    Why can't I install the patch?
    Why does my pc not know how to open the file?

  41. #741
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i`m taking my game back to the shop, what game should i go for??

  42. #742
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Has any progress been made on Error -821 since last night?

    I installed my copy on Vista through steam and have no certificate files anywhere to delete.

    Is there someone working on this problem just now or should I just take the game back? Would a different copy work any better? I can see how hard you guys are working to fix these problems but jus wanna know whether to return game or wait problem out?

    Cheers

  43. #743

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hi!! when i load the game on the bottom right hand corner of the screen i get a coloured patch which is really annoying!!! does any1 know how to remove it???

  44. #744
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th July 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by seanmallon123 View Post
    hi!! when i load the game on the bottom right hand corner of the screen i get a coloured patch which is really annoying!!! does any1 know how to remove it???
    try this
    In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community"

  45. #745
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    any updates on this bloody auth and no internet connection??? please for god sake

  46. #746
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    Is there any solution of the error: "football manager 2009 has stopped working".

    Say the issue again:
    the window pop up and you can only close, without giving any cause
    9.1.0 patch installed
    DXSDK installed
    uninstall and reinstall several times

    all those don't solve the issue.

    Help,help,help
    please check Graphics card drivers are up to date.

  47. #747
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by matskulainen View Post
    I am already confused with all the files I've been checking in the past days. Where should I find the XML? Or do you mean the last saved game which should be in a "games" -folder but haveb't seen one for 09 yet?
    If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

    - Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    - Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    - In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    - Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

    You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

  48. #748
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    nothing has been sorted, i think most tech guy are not working to day. To be honest these problems with not be sorted this week, this is long term.
    Hi Blades,

    If you have nothing constructive to add, please do not add 'anything' - all of the issues are now FULLY resolvable.

    So either use them or do not post any further - you are NOT helping the situation.

    Please consider this a warning, we are working hard to help customers who want to be helped.

    Regards,

    Murray

  49. #749
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_bill View Post
    When i open steam it tries to update and then i get an error message saying 'steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll'
    but i installed steam for the 1st time ever yesterday from the fm09 cd.
    Hi Monkey_Bill - please can you raise a support ticket on the STEAM website - this is definitely an error with their product.

    You could always reinstall and select the Non-Steam option to keep you running whilst STEAM resolve your issue. Don't worry your save game WILL be compatible.

  50. #750
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by matskulainen View Post
    Could someone make a sticky with all the possible solutions to solve xml parsing error with loading last save game????!!!!!
    There is an info post on Page 1 - we're looking into this right now for you

  51. #751
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bodell View Post
    Hi guys,

    Managed to finally install it, starts up fine, then closes itself before I can start a game saying - 'Facegen failed to initialise, see logbook for details' - how does sort this out? Thanks.
    Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card?

  52. #752
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi there,

    I've been dealin with Neil who has so far been very helpful in dealing with some of the error messages,the latest of which was a .dll file i needed to fix the 'failed to set up graphics system' error message. i've got that and the error message is gone.

    HOWEVER, when i try to launch the game (via steam), nothing happens yet the fm.exe appears in the 'processes' tab of task manger, but not in the applications section.

    any ideas how to overcome this one?

    To give you a brief history, i've got the 9.01 patch, i've tried to download a couple of the windows downloads suggested, i've copied across a couple of .dll files across from my demo file to the full version folder.

    Thanks very much

    Liam

  53. #753
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by bednar9 View Post
    I've tried doing my activation key on that website and everyone I've tried just keeps saying invalid key, I must've tried about 20+ combo's. I've took a picture on my phone the best way I can and can email it somebody if need be?

    Can't help but thinking that this will cost SI more in the long run than whatever piracy would've.

    BEDNAR did you check your key against the SERVICE listed on Page 1 of this thread? http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    Remember to enter the key in UPPERCASE

  54. #754
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb1984 View Post
    any updates on this bloody auth and no internet connection??? please for god sake
    Yes - try the activator script found on the first page of the Known Issues thread.

  55. #755
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Can somebody help me please. My activation key is the right one, but when i try and do it online it says unable to connect to internet and when I do it on the phone it says when i get to the third set of activation keys that my activation code is wrong but it isnt because I have checked on the site. What do I do?
    You are not entering the KEY in UPPERCASE - this will solve the problem

  56. #756
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by colingally View Post
    Ok my sob story.
    Bought via Steam. Downloaded and patched.
    Opened and ran game first time and it crashed when going to first match.
    Restarted and crashed at same point again.

    Now it won't even start ("Football Manager 2009 has stopped working").
    I have updated my graphics drivers (Geforce 9300 256mb), Directx and dotNet. Still no joy.

    Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Very vague error I know.
    I'm running Vista with 4gb RAM and dual procesors@1.7Ghz.

    Thank you
    Colin
    Can you try and run the game in Windowed Mode? This should help you with the problem for now while we continue to investigate.

  57. #757
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by cm0215 View Post
    Has any progress been made on Error -821 since last night?

    I installed my copy on Vista through steam and have no certificate files anywhere to delete.

    Is there someone working on this problem just now or should I just take the game back? Would a different copy work any better? I can see how hard you guys are working to fix these problems but jus wanna know whether to return game or wait problem out?

    Cheers
    Did you try the fix recommended on PAGE 1 of this thread?

  58. #758
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by palacealexwii View Post
    and no one seems to want to help, I have asked the same question 3 times in the last 24 hours, and not had a single response.

    Why can't I install the patch?
    Why does my pc not know how to open the file?
    Ok - your game is holding on to the EXE - please reboot the machine, then apply the patch. Please do not launch any other processes during this time.

  59. #759
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Hi Blades,

    If you have nothing constructive to add, please do not add 'anything' - all of the issues are now FULLY resolvable.

    So either use them or do not post any further - you are NOT helping the situation.

    Please consider this a warning, we are working hard to help customers who want to be helped.

    Regards,

    Murray
    all i want to do is play football manager i like have for the past several years, my problem has not been solved.....please help

  60. #760
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    what do i do

    sorry monkey, i am no further since i put the disc in my machine
    Can you post these errors please and advise where you purchased the game? Please see Page 1 of this thread - it details how to do this.

  61. #761
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    so has nobody managed to patch the game then?
    Yes, there are over 210,000 people playing the game PATCHED to the latest version - what we are seeing are 'isolated' incidents.

    As you can imagine the permutations of PC configurations and User abilities is vast, there is always a situation where people experience a problem, this is what we are here for - to manage and resolve these problems.

  62. #762
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Did you try the fix recommended on PAGE 1 of this thread?
    Yea tried that fix, cant find certificates file or even program data folder to start with. Also tried using task manager to close the running fm.exe but keep getting same errors 821 or 819.

  63. #763
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Can you post these errors please and advise where you purchased the game? Please see Page 1 of this thread - it details how to do this.
    Installation: Successfulwith errors.

    1586 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors


    i bought it from asda in sheffield

    cheers murry

  64. #764
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by stereomad View Post
    to be honest, I know its not tech guys faults, but whoever decide to release this game with so many issues should ensure there are people on hand 24/7 to deal with the reprucussions.

    one of my mates text me last night and said "f*ck this im going buy Championship Manager"

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    We are here dealing with the issues - I've been working almost 24x7 since Thursday AM.

    Do you have an outstanding issue that we have not addressed? If so, can you please detail and it will be rectified today.

  65. #765
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    Installation: Successfulwith errors.

    1586 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors


    i bought it from asda in sheffield

    cheers murry
    Please could you PM me - I have some semi-bad news...

  66. #766
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by cm0215 View Post
    Yea tried that fix, cant find certificates file or even program data folder to start with. Also tried using task manager to close the running fm.exe but keep getting same errors 821 or 819.
    Ok - we have a fix for you very imminently - I can talk you through one now if you're willing to be a guinea pig? PM me... (it won't break your machine or game - trust me )

  67. #767
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to cover the XML Parsing Error myself and others are getting.

    For background I have been unable to launch the game since activation (phone activation). Whenever I try I get a series of XML Parsing error! dialogue boxes followed by the blue screen crash that begins "A problem has been detected and windows has been closed down to prevent damage to your computer." There is a screen full of text but it disappears that quickly to reboot the PC that I have been unable to note it all down.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. Same problem.

    I have deleted the "Football Manager 2009" sub-folders in /username/AppData/Roaming/Sports Interactive.

    I have looked in (after searching Regedit) HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sports Interactive and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folders and there are no FM09 related sub-folders.

    Also, if I go Start/Programs there is no FM09 option. I am attempting to launch via C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.exe

    I am using Vista.

    I have reinstalled using both Express and Advanced options but without success.

    Finally, the laptop I want to install FM09 onto is not Internet enabled so downloadable patches will not help unless I can somehow download them on another PC and transfer them to the laptop using a memory stick. The PC I'm using now is the one I use for email and Internet but it does not have the specs to run FM09.

    Please help.

    Stuart Hughes

  68. #768
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hy all.i have a big problem.i'm a fan of this game but i can't install it.could u help me???when i want to install an error appears.something with java application.what can i do???

  69. #769
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th October 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    no clue if i overlooked an answer
    my computer still wont see the install dvd. i mounted it from another computers dvd drive and installed it over the network but would be nice if i could actually see the dvd on my own computer. Yes i have a DVD drive and NO i haven't had any problems with other dvd's. Running vista and its a NEC DL dvd burner.

  70. #770
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Can you PM me please with your email address?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi there,

    I've been dealin with Neil who has so far been very helpful in dealing with some of the error messages,the latest of which was a .dll file i needed to fix the 'failed to set up graphics system' error message. i've got that and the error message is gone.

    HOWEVER, when i try to launch the game (via steam), nothing happens yet the fm.exe appears in the 'processes' tab of task manger, but not in the applications section.

    any ideas how to overcome this one?

    To give you a brief history, i've got the 9.01 patch, i've tried to download a couple of the windows downloads suggested, i've copied across a couple of .dll files across from my demo file to the full version folder.

    Thanks very much

    Liam

  71. #771
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    any ideas on the cannot connect prob where ther cert solution does not work?

  72. #772
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    anybody????

  73. #773
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    IT WORKS!!!!!!! OMG IT WORKS!!!! well lets hope no other issues come up

  74. #774
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    please help me............

  75. #775
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    BEDNAR did you check your key against the SERVICE listed on Page 1 of this thread? http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    Remember to enter the key in UPPERCASE
    Yeah I've tested it on that website but all I get is invalid key, I've entered them all in uppercase.

    Really not sure what to do now.

  76. #776
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i get this can anyone help please (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)

  77. #777
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    but this is the problem.the game is not install.at the start appears this problem.

  78. #778
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi,

    excuse me for the bad english

    I'd buy the game two day ago, 14 Nov in the early morning. I try to install it in my office, on a old pc. Fm don't start, but I try ti disinstall e reinstall it another 2/3 times beacuse I update the vga driver and directx.

    When I came back home, I immediately try install it. I receveid the "Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system". I see here that I must download sdk to fix the problem. Then I disinstall e reinstall game, I install SDK and I reinstall game, but now I receveid this message :

    "Errore : [-1004] - Unlock the code exceeds the limit of peripherals"



    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    Can you help me?

  79. #779
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by alex_nacu21 View Post
    hy all.i have a big problem.i'm a fan of this game but i can't install it.could u help me???when i want to install an error appears.something with java application.what can i do???
    You really need to provide the actual error message as that will make it easier for us to try and help you.

    The first port of call with Java issues is to update Java on your machine. You can download and install the latest version here:
    http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

  80. #780
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I have managed to install the game fine but when i click on it to play a message comes up saying sa.AuditMD.dll was not found. I re-installed the game like it said, and nothing happened, the same message came up. What do i do?! If another file is needed, can someone tell me how to get this file and how to make it work with the game haha, im rubbish with installing things. Thanks a lot!

  81. #781
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jack-nffc View Post
    I have managed to install the game fine but when i click on it to play a message comes up saying sa.AuditMD.dll was not found. I re-installed the game like it said, and nothing happened, the same message came up. What do i do?! If another file is needed, can someone tell me how to get this file and how to make it work with the game haha, im rubbish with installing things. Thanks a lot!
    If you look in the Known Issues thread (first page of this thread) you'll find a link to this at the bottom.

  82. #782
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    If you look in the Known Issues thread (first page of this thread) you'll find a link to this at the bottom.
    so i just put the file provided in the fm09 folder, and everything should work?

  83. #783
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by alex_nacu21 View Post
    hy all.i have a big problem.i'm a fan of this game but i can't install it.could u help me???when i want to install an error appears.something with java application.what can i do???
    Please update your JAVA there is a thread in Technical Support dedicated to this - the installer uses some JAVA, you need to update in order to use.

  84. #784
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Ok - your game is holding on to the EXE - please reboot the machine, then apply the patch. Please do not launch any other processes during this time.
    I rebooted, closed as many processes as i could, then ran the patch

    still got the same error whilst trying to patch
    any other ideas??

  85. #785
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,416

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_Hughes View Post
    Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to cover the XML Parsing Error myself and others are getting.

    For background I have been unable to launch the game since activation (phone activation). Whenever I try I get a series of XML Parsing error! dialogue boxes followed by the blue screen crash that begins "A problem has been detected and windows has been closed down to prevent damage to your computer." There is a screen full of text but it disappears that quickly to reboot the PC that I have been unable to note it all down.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. Same problem.

    I have deleted the "Football Manager 2009" sub-folders in /username/AppData/Roaming/Sports Interactive.

    I have looked in (after searching Regedit) HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sports Interactive and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folders and there are no FM09 related sub-folders.

    Also, if I go Start/Programs there is no FM09 option. I am attempting to launch via C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.exe

    I am using Vista.

    I have reinstalled using both Express and Advanced options but without success.

    Finally, the laptop I want to install FM09 onto is not Internet enabled so downloadable patches will not help unless I can somehow download them on another PC and transfer them to the laptop using a memory stick. The PC I'm using now is the one I use for email and Internet but it does not have the specs to run FM09.

    Please help.

    Stuart Hughes
    For the XML parsing error:

    If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

    You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.
    Last edited by Boah; 16-11-2008 at 11:11.

  86. #786
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jack-nffc View Post
    so i just put the file provided in the fm09 folder, and everything should work?
    Yes it should

  87. #787
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    You really need to provide the actual error message as that will make it easier for us to try and help you.

    The first port of call with Java issues is to update Java on your machine. You can download and install the latest version here:
    http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    I already do that.

  88. #788
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    have been playing cm/fm since 93. never any probs before, now softanchor steps in.... please pls pls anyone have any ideas?

  89. #789
    Sports Interactive Boah's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June 2000
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardav View Post
    i get this can anyone help please (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    There should be a log in the folder you installed the game to ("Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log"), can you message this file to me?

  90. #790
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    I rebooted, closed as many processes as i could, then ran the patch

    still got the same error whilst trying to patch
    any other ideas??
    Ok, where did you purchase the game? Steam or Retail - did you install via Steam or Uniloc - you may be trying to Patch an already patched game?

  91. #791
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by robertochan View Post
    have been playing cm/fm since 93. never any probs before, now softanchor steps in.... please pls pls anyone have any ideas?
    Can you elaborate? Please give EXACT details and please read the first page of this thread

  92. #792
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Boah View Post
    There should be a log in the folder you installed the game to ("Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log"), can you message this file to me?
    k.i know that my english is very bad and u didn't understand me.i couldn't install the game because this problem didn't let me.now u understand???

  93. #793
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Ok, where did you purchase the game? Steam or Retail - did you install via Steam or Uniloc - you may be trying to Patch an already patched game?
    retail and uniloc

  94. #794
    Lurker
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I have tried the fix ie saved the fix to desktop then opened it but when i put in the code i get an error message sayiing cannot find file

  95. #795
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by gino76 View Post
    Hi,

    excuse me for the bad english

    I'd buy the game two day ago, 14 Nov in the early morning. I try to install it in my office, on a old pc. Fm don't start, but I try ti disinstall e reinstall it another 2/3 times beacuse I update the vga driver and directx.

    When I came back home, I immediately try install it. I receveid the "Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system". I see here that I must download sdk to fix the problem. Then I disinstall e reinstall game, I install SDK and I reinstall game, but now I receveid this message :

    "Errore : [-1004] - Unlock the code exceeds the limit of peripherals"


    Can you help me?

    Hi Uninstall the game, selecting 'deactivate' licence and reinstall and reactivate.

    You have broken your activation - removing and re-adding will be fine

    will work fine.

  96. #796
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Please could you PM me - I have some semi-bad news...
    I have the very same problem as well as the "Football manager has stopped working" when i try and run the game.

  97. #797
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Murray - I have been told that you are the man that can hopefully solve my problem. I posted a few pages back, but not sure if you have had time to read through all the pages!!!

    I have a mac. I have installed the game and I can go into it but when I get to the main menu I get a white screen and nothing else. I have not activated it as I honestly have no idea what I am doing on-line with Steam. I tried to validate the game via the phoneline but it asks for a 16 digit code but the only code that I have is the one on the manual which is more than 16 digits.

    Can you please help and advise on what I should do to get round this problem.

    Thanks in advance

  98. #798
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    In my game the English reserve teams do not play in any league/group..

    is this an known issue? I know others having the same prob..

    Ive tried to use the original Db and the newest patch also, still the same..also tried uninstalling..

    please help!

  99. #799
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Yes it should
    ive put the saAuditMD.dll in the fm2009 folder and im still getting the same message, is there anything im doing wrong?

  100. #800
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Boah View Post
    There should be a log in the folder you installed the game to ("Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log"), can you message this file to me?
    all the file it says i cant send it because its to has to many characters

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts